• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kura's Art

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I did a couple pieces.. so instead of putting them in my blog like I usually do, I've decided to upload them here:

colourized2.png

I doubt I'll be working on this first one anymore. Hair tends to frustrate me.. which means I DO need to practice it more.. but I am honestly bored with this piece. I'll try more refined hair on a different piece. Here is a WIP for anyone who is interested:
Untitled-2-1.png

I did some studies earlier. I need to work on simplifying shapes and I needed to work on faces. These faces were mostly referenced, and I was studying some of Claire Wendlings shapes. Trying to integrate some of the shapes I notice in her work onto mine since I find it kinda hard to simplify.. :C I think the first girl might be too tall, though.
Oh yes, and hands. Hands are always a toughie.. so I need to practice them more. Also feet are next.
practice2.jpg

Labelled it with a ref- since I don't like when people claim stuff is entirely their own when it's not.

michealborow

Banned
Years
  • Seen Nov 26, 2010
I really glad to seen these amazing art work, Its really great job, I never seen before this type of art work, so I appreciate your great work and thanks for sharing that.I will keep visiting your great post so I want more art in it so keep posting your art over here.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Updated with some Lifedrawings from class.. they're in costume.. and the poses were 5-15minutes.

One's a study, and the other are more caricatured. Oh yeah.. and they're all done with pen- (minus the obvious pencil-ed character) but yes.. the study is done entirely with pen.. which means.. NO ERASING! lol.. What a challenge!

Lifedrawingfolio2_0005.png

PorfolioLifedrawing_0010.png

Lifedrawingfolio2_0003.png

And made an anime avatar for someone:
kajiavatar.png

Last edited:
Years
Whoa, love your artwork, I must say! =]

I have a difficult time drawing people figures in general, but I started to practice. I love the drawings you're making with pen! I epically love the firs drawing for the details and shading. I like the way you draw your characters or people. They have different eye styles, which I like a lot. =]

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
Your structure's really really good. You can draw very well.

Your colour in the first picture on other hand looks... really bland to say the least. Maybe its just my taste but the greyish-aquamarine combined with the maroon just looks awful. I think the real problem isn't necessarily the colours themselves, but the contrast between the colours - despite their hue, they really seem close to eachother. This would work if the colours were very saturated, but as is, the mood just comes off as really meh.

Try comparing your signature with that picture. The colour looks a hell of a lot better in the signature, and with rather similar colours, I think you'll be able to see what I'm saying about the "blandness" of your colour choice.

Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2010
Ahh I love all your art. Your sketches even look like they are coming to life! Great work!

Cookie luvs Green

I am not a Trainer. I am Ash.
Years
These are amazing Kura!! You improved a lot since I last saw your artwork.
I love how much character you put into these... I think my favourite is the guy with the parrot on his shoulder. He looks interesting and would fit into a good story.

Back