• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] A Life Destined to Change (Enjoyable for All)

videoman

I'm no hero. And never was.
Years
  • [FONT=&quot]This Story will be a Multi-post story, so please bare with me. Besides that, hope you enjoy the story.

[/FONT]
    A Life Destined to Change

Prologue
    A burning decision for all to know
    A man stands in the middle of a large room on a burning ship that is falling to the ground of the planet. And people and Pokémon are racing all around the ship trying to put out the flames and save the ship. Pikachu: Captain she won't last much longer! She is going down and we can't control her! Captain: Then we have no other choice! Send the Dark Plasma Reactors in to overdrive! We have no other way to destroy all evidence of our and this ships existence, and by doing that we will be making sure that no other creature and human will make the same mistake that I and all of the ships occupants have made. Blastoise: WHAT?! What are you saying captain? At the beginning of the mission and operating you said that you wanted revenge and that you wanted to change the way people viewed Pokémon, and now…..and now you want to destroy all that we have accomplished and succeeded into nothing but rubble and debris? WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?! Captain: I have had a change of heart over the last few hours and I feel like I am a new person…a changed man if you must say. I feel….I feel like my heart has been purged and that it is as clear as the blue sky on a cloudless summer day. I now realize what I have done, what all of us have done was and that it is wrong and that I should have never started this thing in the first place. Like I have send, send the Reactors into overdrive so that all this will seem like it never happened. Pikachu & Blastoise: YES….CAPTAIN! The captain noticed that both their voices contained both sorrow & sadness in them. He also noticed that he too felt both sorrow & sadness inside him, but he knew that this decision was the right one and that it was his last one too. Good by everyone, I hope that all of you can learn from my mistakes and never repeat them.

Chapter 1
    A new life forged in a spiritual fire
    A middle aged man is sitting at a desk, a desk with piles of papers and books. This man will change the way people look and think about Pokémon. His will also break the barrier between Human and Pokémon, the barrier that separates the differences and similarities between the human mind and the mind of any Pokémon. This man is Ash Ketchum. The Ash Ketchum you see before you is that the one that is well known, but he comes from a different time period, a time period when Pokémon are a better known species. Pokémon that do not contain so many unsolved secrets. Pokémon that play a bigger role in everyday life and Pokémon that have a bigger impact on the human race. Yet at the same time they still have a side that was never to be used or found. This other side of Pokémon is a being called the Dark Spirit Being.
    Ash is about to change the face of the Pokémon world and its inhabitants. He's been up for many sleepless days and nights researching, discovering and unveiling many mysteries of Pokémon that were untouched never to be researched. Because the mysteries were too dangerous and too far out of reach, these mysteries had been cased aside and forgotten for many centuries. But one unexpected day Ash came upon an old data cache stored away by his father Giovanni in one of Team Rockets old abandoned lairs. He did so by hacking into the base mainframe. While he was searching for information to prove that Giovanni was in fact his father. He found something else. Though he did find evidence that his father was Giovanni, he also accidently came upon information that related to a project that Giovanni was researching before the fall of Team Rocket. The Project was called: Project Eternal Shadow. But that's as far as he got. He also found in the cache how Giovanni created and maintained Mewtwo until he was released. But not long after seeing this new information he heard a medium sized explosion farther deeper in the base. When hearing this Ash quickly decided to upload this to data transfer device (much like a USB drive). As soon as the upload was complete, the base started to shake under his feet like there was a massive earthquake. But ash knew better, this earthquake was a defense countermeasure. When someone or something removed the data from any computer in the vicinity without correct clearance, the base self-destructed. Usually the base exploded right on the spot, but since the base was old and out of shape some of the C4 charged probably were too old and weren't functioning properly. So instead of exploding, it was just sinking into the ground. As soon as this started happening Ash ran the way he had come in. He ran faster then he had ever run in his younger days for the exit. Soon the exit was in sight, when Ash reached it he did a barrel roll and was able to make it just in time to see the base sink completely into the ground. Like it was being level with a bulldozer.
    He finally arrived at his mansion, he went straight to his study and started decrypting the data that he had retrieved. And in a couple of hours the data was fully decrypted, then he started to read every aspect and every detail of Giovanni's research report. Ash discovered that Project Eternal Shadow was conjured up to turn Pokémon into shadow being like creatures. Soon Ash was going crazy with ideas on how he could put this information to use. And the more ideas that came to his head, the more crazy and twisted he became. And soon the only ideas that came to his head where not good, not pure but evil and crooked.
    Soon Ash began to draw-up designs and diagrams for a new way to travel, a way no one else had ever thought of. A way some see the different time periods of the world. A way to travel by time and space itself. A….TIME MACHINE! Ash drew-up some very detailed sketches and drawing of the ship he would soon call home. The ship would have living quarters for all of the ships occupants, commons, a base of command, two bridges (one at the front of the ship and one at the rear) and its massive celtron dark plasma drives that would power all of the ship processes.
    This space ships name was: The Mid-Time Cruiser. Ash had some help from some of the pokemon that he had caught over the years like: Pikachu, Mewtwo, Charizard, Blastoise, Typhlosion and many more. While Ash supervised the construction of the ship the Pokémon worked unrelentless, Mewtwo used his physic abilities to move the pieces of the ship into place, then Charizard & Typhlosion used the fire type moves to weld the pieces into there proper place permanently. After they completed that Feraligatr and Blastoise used there water abilities to cool the ship parts before they melted. Upon the ships completion the group celebrated and broke a bottle of champagne over the bow of the ship and there was a large party with Pokémon food and food for Ash. When the celebration was over Ash stud at the front of the group on a stage and made a speech; its time we lifted off for a new life and lived it to its fullest! May we raise our drinks and say chin chin to those who have helped us reach this point and say thanks to them. The whole team boarded and when they all were aboard Ash made another speech. He said "This is your captain speaking. We have come a long way as a team and a family, we will venture a far distance and may never return to this place we call home. But we must not feel fear or sadness for the possibly of not returning to this planet because we have a new home, a home that we can live in harmony and union. This ship will be our new home and we will think of it as the planet we will soon leave to start and new life and beginning. Let us move on and be strong together as one, because its time for LIFT OFF! Through the ship Ash heard Pokémon cheering and happily yelling. He also heard Pokémon that were crying because they might not ever return to this planet they call home. But he knew as they moved on they would become even stronger then they were right now and stronger then they would ever be. And Ash too was sad and would also miss this place, but at the same time he was happy that he would forge from the fires a new life with more opportunities. Ash; Pikachu, Blastoise, Mewtwo…its time to leave. YES SER! They responded.
    Mewtwo; Starting up celtron drives, spinning process begun. 10% reached...20%...50% reached! As Mewtwo listed off the percentages Ash told Blastoise to begin the flow of the nitroglycerin to keep the celtron drives from overheating. And as Mewtwo hit 90% he quickly told Pikachu to release the docking clamps that held the ship in place in dry docks and to ready the hover drones to assist the ship in lifting off from the docking clamps. Mewtwo; 98%...99%...100%! Pikachu NOW! Pikachu hit the main launch button and the hover drones assisted in getting the ship in leaving dry dock. Upon the ship getting in correct direction the hover drones dropped off the ship and fell to the ground with a loud THOUD. As they lifted off Ash said to himself; Good by my friends both human and Pokémon….may you have a happy and prosperous life. When they where off the ground Ash said; Ok crew, let's go and venture through the stars and the heavens above us. LET'S GO TO SPACE! In space it was dark and cold, but the lights and heat of the Mid-Time Cruiser kept the crew and its captain safe and warm, finally Ash gave the order to get the to spin the celtron flux-capacitor (the mechanism that made time travel possible) because it was time to jump into a world of the past…Ash's past life. Upon them warping into Era transfer mode, Ash had the bridge crew set the ship to auto pilot and ordered the crew to hit the Cryo sleeping pods to get some rest, because the journey was going to be a long one. Ash and the other occupants went into there Cryo tubes a fell into a deep wonderful sleep. One that would make Ash and his crew never forget the place they had all come from…one that they would never forget.

Last edited:

videoman

Years
  • Chapter 2: The eerie dream

Chapter 2: A dream of the future
    Ash is seen running going down a corridor in his ship, he is running. Running as fast as he could, he runs to the closest window and gets a proper view out it, he see a planet crumbling and imploding upon itself. He begins to cry as he realizes that this planet is his home, the place he was born on. Where he had lived with his friends and companions for his whole life up to this point. As he looks at his crumbling home, he starts to cry even harder and starts thinking to himself that this is not possible and it's all just a dream. That this is just a figment of his imagination and this would never happen. Ash soon blacks out.

Ash awakens in a dark room with only one visible light, which is located in the middle of the room. As he approaches the middle of the room, the lights in the room start to get a little brighter. As if someone was turning them on, slowly, but the closer he got the brighter they became. Ash walk forwards to the middle of the room. As Ash continues to walk towards the main light source, he realized that the room is a large circular room and at the edge of the room evenly space seven feet apart from each other, were tall glass tubes containing…well he could not tell with the current lighting. Ash arrives in the middle of the room he was shocked to a see a person…a boy encase in an enormous crystal. He could not tell who it was, but he soon notices that the tubes at the edge of the room contained…Pokémon. The Pokémon that were located in each of the tube were ones that belonged to him, ones that he had lived and traveled with most of his lifetime.

Ash focused his attention back to the large hovering crystal and was dumbstruck to see that the boy was him. This boy, this him was younger then who he was now. Ash decided to touch the crystal. Ash walked up to the crystal and touched it. Upon first contact the crystal amazingly shattered, but into fine pieces of crystal dust and not into big deadly chunks. Young Ash in the crystal hovered in the air for a few seconds and then started to slowly fall. Older Ash ran and caught him, after a couple of minutes younger Ash opened his eyes and said; You have finally come for me. But you are too late the darkness has already enveloped me. Please you must leave before I turn into... Young Ash was unable to complete what he was about to say because at that very moment he rose into the air above and out of older Ash's arms and became consumed in a giant ball of swirling darkness. As every seconds passed the ball grew bigger and bigger the outer parts of the ball started to send off sparks and static, out of nowhere the dark strands shot from the ball. The darkness went whizzing through the air were like ribbons being pulled by a giant unseeable hand. The giant strands went zooming toward the glass tubes that contained the Pokémon, the darkness started to wrap around the Pokémon, pulling life from the Pokémon.
    With every Pokémon's life force taken from them the ball of darkness started to send off more static that eventually turned into lighting like shocks. Older Ash cowered and crouched in fear of being hit by the massive bolts of lighting. Then the massive ball started to put out a light so bright that Ash had to turn around and cover his eyes. When the blinding light finally faded away Ash turned back around and peaked through his hand to then be astonished by a giant glass ball. It looked like it was made out of pure crystal like the one that he had just moments before toughed. Ash became paralyzed by this amazing and magnificent sight. The glass ball came done to the floor and shattered once more just like it had before, only this time it sent out large shattered pieces that went hurtling to the darkest parts of the room. A figure came down to ground, and hovered above the ground. Ash was shocked beyond his wildest imaginations, young Ash had turned in to a Pokémon. But yet he still had the features of a human, young Ash had turned into Mewtwo. The fussed Ash and Mewtwo spoke in a deep booming voice that seemed to echo around the whole room and reverberate off the walls. They said; We are one and no different. We are known as Human-two, we are the ultimate being and the most powerful creature in the universe. But the time when we emerge is not at hand yet, so you must sleep. Go now, sleep Ash you will know when the time it right. The time when you and I can become one. Ash vision became blurry and he became rather sleepy, then everything for him went black. Ash blacked out again.

Last edited:

videoman

Years
  • Chapter 3: Back home
    Ash awoke with an odd feeling like he had just lived his dream he had just had. His whole body was tingling with….well he was not really sure what he was feeling like. All he knew was the dream that he had just had was one of the oddest one that he had ever had in his life. Ash rather blindly stumbled out of his Cryogenic tube and grabbed his clothes (still stumbling) and went to the showers. Putting water over his face always helped clear his mind, and while in the showers he thought about the dream he had just had. He felt…well he was not sure what he felt. Ash (now finally waking up) just realized that he was not in his home…but rather in a large ship. Ash his mind cleared more his memory began coming back to him and as more time passed he remembered what had happened over the past week or so. He remembered that he and his Pokémon had built a large ship that would, well more like was taking them into to the past. As Ash finished up his shower he heard a "ding ding" noise and then heard a deep voice of the intercom. "Captain Ash! I repeat Captain Ash please report to the bow bay bridge. We have arrived at our destination and we are awaiting further orders. That is all." Ash got dried off and then got his clothes on and began his walk to the ships main transport system. It is a small tram that accelerated up to 35 mile per hour and kept that speed until it reached its destination, and in this case it was the frontward bridge at the bow of the ship. As the tram traveled to the bridge Ash kept thinking about his very…odd dream, unable to get it off his mind and let it go. He was snapped out of his train of thought be a female voice (recorded of course) announcing that he had reached his destination. With a ding ding noise the doors of the tram opened and he boarded the elevator to the bridge.

Upon walking on the bridge the crew (Mewtwo, Blastoise and Pikachu) stood up and saluted a crisp and solid solute. Ash; At ease gentleman. They again took there seats on the bridge. Ash; what's the situation and status of the transit process as well as the status of the crew? Are they ready? Blastoise; we will reach our destination in approximately 10-15 minutes and as for the crew they are prepped and ready for battle." Ash responded with a nod and then said to put him on the ships intercom. Blastoise responded back with a nod. You're on captain, Blastoise said. Ash cleared his throat and started his speech. To all occupants on this ship, we will soon arrive at our main destination, our own past. We will be searching far and wide for a specific person, this person is my younger self. Once you find him report back and notify me specifying where he is and then we will put our plan into action. Once the plan is put into action, I will be leaving the ship to go planet side to challenge him to a battle that will decide his and mine own fate. Weather I win or lose will be completely be up to the flow of time and space. Once I leave the battlefield I will return to the ship and from there I will decide what happens next. But until that time, please place all you faith in me and I will accomplish the tasks ahead of us. That is all. Upon Ash completing his speech, he nodded to Blastoise, and Blastoise nodded back and shutoff the intercom. Ash looked at Mewtwo and ask what the remaining time was until they left the time transit mode. Mewtwo looked back at and said they had approximately 1:00 minute until the transit was completed. Ash ask him to put it up on the monitor as well as every monitor on the ship to allow the rest of the crew to see how much time was left. Mewtwo did as what he was ordered and the countdown timer of the time left. When the countdown time reached :30 seconds, Mewtwo started to announce the time remaining, Ash looked at Blastoise and Pikachu and gave them a nod as if he was asking them if they were ready. They gave back a "yes" nod. Mewtwo continued to read the countdown timer and when it reached: 05 seconds Ash told Pikachu to get ready to disable the celtron flux-capacitor, he also told Blastoise to increase the flow of nitroglycerin by 10% (even though it was not recommended and would exceed recommended parameters, since the flow was already at 100%). But Blastoise did as he was commanded and prepared to increase the flow. When Mewtwo said 0:00, Ash gave the order to Blastoise and Pikachu to input the commands that he had just readied, they did so without the slightest hesitation. Ash felt a slight lurch that traveled throughout the entire ship. But it was barely noticeable. Ash looked out into space through the main frontward monitor and admired the stars that shown there light from the depths of deep space. Looking at the stars reminded him of his younger days when he and his many friends that accompanied him during his quest for collecting the badges of the world. Ash told his bridge crew to set a course to the Kento region and to page him when they got there. Blastoise ask the captain where he was headed off to. Ash responded saying he was going to his research lab to do some experiments and tests. Blastoise nodded and said he would personally page him when they arrived in the Kento region. At this Ash walked out of the bridge and boarded the elevator down to the tram system and boarded the tram to his personal laboratory. Ash arrived at his laboratory and a high security door that he had customized himself. It was not that he did not trust his Pokémon that he made this door so secure, it was that if a intruder was to board the ship that he wanted to make sure that they did not get there hands on his highly classified research. The door would only open with proper authorization, which included: a finger print, eye reticule scan and a voice sample. But the only downside was there only one person who could properly provide all of these things. That person was him….well the younger him. Ash entered the lab to hear a friendly, calm female voice say "Welcome Captain Ash". Ash turned to the source and replied; Hello AI Misty. Ash had programmed and customized a personal AI assistant that looked like his long lost wife….Misty. Misty responded with harsh tone; I TOLD you not to call me AI Misty! Wow…she has even gained an attitude Ash thought.

When Ash was building Misty there had been some……complications. As a result the AI had become more like a human then a computer built Artificial Intelligence. She had created a conscious of its own, an attitude and even emotional cycles. Ash approved of these things….even though they had appeared through complications. Misty, can you please read the results of my fathers experiments that relate to the Eternal Shadow project, replied Ash trying to change the subject to help Misty calm down. She looked at him with one eyebrow raised higher then the other and responded; Again? Ash I have read them over five times and they always say the same thing. Why should I repeat my- Because I think I have found the missing part of the project that was left out of the final results report. Ash replied, cutting her off. Not only that but I know how to complete the project.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    First, I think you meant to put the Pokemon prefix and not the Other one. I'll fix that for you.

Now onto the review. I'll admit to only reading the first chapter and prologue. The main reason why I didn't continue was because it was rather difficult to read your post. Text shouldn't be centered, because it's hard to find where one line ends and where the next begins. It's much easier for readers if you remove the centered text formatting so that the lines run left to right at the margins.

It's also difficult to read because of the lack of proper paragraphing. You'll need to hit the Enter button twice to create a new paragraph on the forums. You create a new paragraph every time the subject changes, or someone speaks.

It's simple formatting things that will make your story easier to read.

As to the story itself, I'm a huge fan of science fiction stories like this. Quite a few of my favorite books deal with time travel, space travel, and everything involved. So it was a real treat for me to find this. As I said, I was only able to read the first chapter, but I'm going to read the rest because it's just so much fun and brings a smile to my face.

One suggestion that I have for you is to not tell so much of the story. Like when Ash and his Pokemon built the ship (When did he catch Mewtwo, by the way? That didn't happen in canon, so an explanation might be given to avoid confusion), you could have added more to the story and made it seem real by writing about the process. Don't just brush over the main parts of your story, like Ash finding the plans or building this ship. It sets up the story and its world, bringing readers into it even more.

Overall, though, the premise of the story is a good one, and one that I would love to see more of. There just needs to be some fixing to the mechanics of the story to make it generally easier to read.

videoman

Years
  • @Astinus,
    Thanks for the feedback man! This was the first story that i ever posted on Pokemon Community. I will do my best to improve it and make it understandable. Sorry if it was confusing, but i will do my best to make it a lot better.

Thanks for the review man!

Videoman

Back