• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Game Map-Off

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
  • Map Title: Never really thought up a name for this one. =/
    Description: Ugh, I ran out of time to finish the map I was making for this contest, so I"ll have to use this one instead. It's never been used for anything before, so it should be fine.

With this map, I'm trying to capture a specific emotion that I felt a lot, as a kid. Basically, you come into the city from the right, after a long arduous cave. The city is bright, and happy... but to proceed, you have to go through another cave... and you just don't want to do it. I taunt the player even more by making the next half of the town visible, just down that cliff, so they know what waits for them... but it won't be easy to get to.
    Credits: None
    Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    Do World Maps count?

Map Title: Tezen
    Description: The World Map of the Tezen Region. Industrious, cultured and biodiverse, Tezen boasts a high standard of living for it's citizens, complemented by a bustling economy and low levels of unemployment.

With excellent transport services and a variety of beautiful landscapes and exciting resorts, Tezen consistently attracts a large number of tourists; in particular to the eastern island, which is home to the constantly sunny Lemure Resort, The Sweet Mountain and Neon Palace resorts and Tempest Water Park, in addition to the spectacular Serpents Gate, the frozen Lake Milohai, Promethea Falls and The Great Divide.

That's not to say that the Western Island is not without it's charms. Sureth and Zertinan City are two of the biggest cities in the Pokemon World. Others, such as the VERY British Buxstone City, the floating Aerial City Lhusa and the one-building city of Shadopolis, have become known for their friendly citizens, quirks of architecture, and outstanding artistic output.

Credits: I can't find the original image I took it from, but the snowwy tree's are not my own. Also, The good fellows at Adobe Photoshop.
    Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    I'll enter this map-off!

Map Title: The Small Islands
    Description: A couple small islands with water shallow enough to walk between them. There is a small path of deep water on the West side, and a sea route to the East.
    Credits: GAMEFREAK, LU-HO
    Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

LightOfTruth

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2020
    Map Title: Pallet Beach
    Description: Its kantos Route 1 10 years later
    Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • Aaaand the first post is updated with all the current submitted entries for this Map-Off.
    Feel free to glance at other people's work. :D

There's still one more day before judging occurs, so if you haven't already submitted your map, here's your chance. All entries must be submitted by Thursday, July 21st at 11:59 PM (EST).

Winneon

[b][color=#fb0120]しょう[/color][color=#fc6d24]が[/col
    Years
  • Hurry! How do I export the map into a picture file?

HOW DO I?!! I'm running out of time!

Last edited:

Winneon

Years
  • Ok. Here it is! Straight from RMXP!
    Map Title: Maxi-Day City
    Description: Maxi-Day City is a city full of live enjoyment! People from all over the Winneon Region come together to festivals and carnivals in the festive city! This city is one of the must-look-at's of the Winneon Region!
    Credits: ThePokemonChronicles of deviantArt for the DP outdoor tiles, and to whoever made Rpg Maker XP.
    Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

Thanks u for looking at my map! :)

-JS7

Last edited:

Articuno23

Sub-Zero
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2012
    Map Title: Snivy Forest
    Description: A forest near the beginning of the game and it provides the first of a series of challenges for the group of trainers the player is in. It plays from bottom to top.
    Headbutt Scripts
    Each tree you can access from underneath is scripted with a headbutt script. I created 17 individual scripts I have assigned to the trees. These generate a random set of pokemon which changes what can be found in each tree.

The empty square near the middle is a sudowoodo event and the bottom right is space for the headbutt move tutor. In the top left corner is a rest house, there is a path to the right leading to Evergreen Path a place available later in the game. *and breathe* :)

Credits: LU HO for Advance Map 1.92
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Kinda rushed, but..

Map Title: Clandestine Path

Description: Clandestine Path is a small village-like path leading to the Bronze Mountains, a place where supposedly only a few are able to reach. As this passageway is home to a small number of inhabitants, out of which a few are skilled trainers, wild Pokemon don't occur frequently. It is a lush place with a lot of greenery, and rugged mountains which make out a monumental mountain as you head south.

Credits: Xiros, WeslyFG, rhevarhe_duh (If I have forgotten someone, please PM/VM me)

Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • Entries are now closed. Thanks for all who participated, you are guaranteed to receive a participation emblem.

And now judging will take place~

Winneon

Years
  • Whats going on? The schedule said the results would be in yesterday!

Piplup-Trainer

This is my custom user title.
    Years
  • Hmmm...some days ago, I noticed that there is "a death end" in my map. Oh well, I entered my map by taking a screenshot of it and posting it quickly without checking if there are some mistakes. Oh well, it's my mistake and I won't complain about it. (And I also forgot to explain the 4 warps at the left bottom corner xD).

Nah but srsly, I have to say that there are very good maps in this contest. Even if the results aren't in yet, I just want to say that every participant has made a good job. I'm sure the results will be in here soon, so let's just be patient.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • It's nice to see we're all being patient. ;)

Anyway, as I said earlier, good luck everyone. :) There has been some really good maps. :) And I can't wait for the results, although I doubt I've placed. XD It was fun, none-the-less. :)

Back