• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokecommunity History

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    My history of PokeCommunity:

Pre-Absence: (June 3rd, 2010 - August 10, 2010)
    ~I joined PC. I did not had a purpose of joining, honestly. I had someone ask me why I joined PC, which made me feel a bit intimidated. So I stumbled upon the ROM Hacking section and started to lurk there. Pokeyomom and Para-Dox were my first friends at PC. I had ideas for a hack I wanted to make, but they ended up being ideas for a fanfic instead. Later on, I became Tier 5 Supporter, and befriended my first mod friend. I'd rather not name her, but she used to be moderator of Pokemon Anime. By August, my activity started to decline, because of school preparations, and the community was just overwhelming for me to be active. So I left, just like that.

Post-Absence & Pre-Moderator: (November 22, 2010 - June 30th, 2011)
    So I took a 3-month absence. Three days after turning 20 years old, I returned and made a comeback, pretty much...because of Black & White. PC has changed a lot back then, and it was even harder for me to adjust to the changes, especially to the new signature rule that I wasn't even aware of (until now. haha).

During New Years, I participated in the New Years Extravaganza, my first get-together..where I met tons of people and made friends with few people, including World King. Our friendship was on and off, until we decided to pair up on February 22nd, becoming my first pair ever. Unfortunately our pairing lasted a week. .__. Shortly after breaking off the pairing, I met a quiet, yet wise member named Buoysel (now known as quilzel). We shared the same exact same interests, like Pokemon (obviously), as well as the weather, technology, and tastes of music. Our friendship bond was so strong, that I had to ask him to be my pair, and he agreed. Since March 30th, we're still paired today. ^_^

Fast forward to June, where my activity in NU/W shot up drastically, although I was an active regular of the section for a while since I met Silver.Nova, another friend I met during my newbie days. Towards the end of the month, activity in NU/W was dwindling slowly, and I was starting to be really suspicious of the mass amount of higher staff coming to see my profile. I was scared, really...thinking I may have done something wrong. Until I got a PM from one of the higher staff asking that if I wanted to help Hiidoran out in NU/W. I completely, and literally FAINTED. xD

I immediately told Bui about my promotion, and I remember that we were both refreshing PC so much just so I can see that I was in bold blue. And I did. haha. June 30th was one of the best days of my PC life, pretty much. Something I'll never forget. lol

Moderator: (July 1, 2011 - Present)
    My first week of modding....to be quite honest, it wasn't as good as I expected, due to NOT KNOWING what to do, really. I'm a person that usually does the things first, then read the rules later. I made that mistake and I regret that. xD I got to make (and pass out) emblems, which was really fun. The whole month of July was all about learning the ropes, and I met SO MANY PEOPLE. Like really. I got to talk to Twilight Sky again, even though I met him back in 2010...also dragonomega, who became my grandmother. ^_^ Then there's Sydian, my partner's pair...YOU'RE SO AMAZING. Anastasia.R, you're the best mod buddy a Meganium could have <3 And... so many more that I just need to go to my profile and check my VMs. xD

Today, I'm used to balancing my regular PC side...the one I had before, my modding side, and my IRL side. Looking back to 2010, I can say I evolved, and I'll keep evolving. ^_^ I've only been here for a year and 2 months and I know there's more stuff coming to me. :)

Last edited:

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Here's my history at PC as best as I can remember it:

I made my initial account on Dec. 29, 2002...about two months after the community first acquired its vBulletin license as I soon learned. My first four months or so were fairly uneventful. I came in and posted maybe once or twice a day and left.

When the mass exodus of PE2K members (at the time, PE2K was affiliated with PC while PE2K was working on launching his own forum) in the spring of 2003 came about, the forum was about as dead as can be, with only a handful of active members. At this point, I took it upon myself to bring activity back. During the following summer, there was an unofficial postcount battle between me and two newbies...Arcanine and 22sa...to see who can be the rop poster. Admittedly, I remained competitive by spamming the Pokemon Trivia section (which had postcount turned on back then). XD

Near the end of the summer, PC's founder, Master Kwesi Nkromah held AIM interviews for new moderators and I decided that I should try out seeing as I had over a thousand posts and everything (lol, newbie mentality). The interview went well and I was told that I should wait patiently for big changes to happen in PC.

Soon enough, on Sept. 6, 2003, PC's database was reset to be more stable and all the registered members had to re-register. Less than five minutes after I made my account, I had access to the fabled moderator's lounge and a bolded name. I had been selected to be the active moderator in Pokemon Trivia. XD

I was at the peak of my PC experience. I had achieved my goals, and I was among some of the members I had admired greatly: Lightning (at the time a lowly OVP moderator), Arcanine (who was promoted from Pokemon gaming mod to S-Mod in a week's time), Dakota (Pokemon TCG mod later turned S-mod...currently banned), and Kairi (another Pokemon gaming mod who eventually became and S-mod before disappearing). Over the course of the following year, I proved myself more and more capable of multi-tasking and eventually picked up mod duties for Pokemon General and Video Gaming.

Over the course of the summer of 2004, drama began brewing that would only escalate thanks to me and a couple of my buddies. A pair of trolls (or at least, I assumed they were trolls in my youthful hotheadedness...I can't honestly attest to the truth anymore) joined PC. As they did their thing, they drew attention and popularity to themselves despite the fact that I wanted nothing to do with either of them and was flabbergasted that they were never banned...a stance that I (foolishly in hindsight given my position at the time) made well known in any thread they posted in. Things only got worse when threads about political and social issues started appearing in OC. My classically conservative point of view naturally clashed with their (and as I eventually found out with age, the majority of the Internet's) progressive and liberal point of view...eventually leading to accusations of me being homophobic in the face of a PC staff scandal (at least from my younger self's point of view...it could have been a legit decision in hindsight) involving Kairi (at this point, the site's first assistant admin) being in a lesbian e-relation with a1337a (one of the aforementioned "trolls" and was suddenly modded in Computers & Technology). Fun times. -.-

Of all the times for the upper staff to consider S-mod promotions, this was perhaps the most unfortunate timing given the hole I had dug myself in, but either way, on Dec. 19, 2004, I was promoted to S-mod despite all the people that hated my guts (perhaps a sign that my mod work was good enough to promote despite my unpopularity, or perhaps I just had a lot of friends in high places...who knows? Who cares?). I think they almost had to promote a second S-mod (Claire/DF DaDragonz...if anyone knows where she disappeared to, let me know) on the same day to alleviate the potential backlash. XD

The next couple of months were turbulent...it seemed like every other week, another venerable staffer dropped off the staff and their fans blamed the opposite sect. Some integrated back with the staff and some dropped off the radar completely. I can't recall the exact date, but I eventually gave my resignation some time in the spring of 2005, citing that I had too much to worry about IRL with high school graduation and college-searching stuff. While all that was true, I also simply couldn't stand being vilified anymore. My activity severely dropped from posting five to ten times a day at my resignation, to once or twice a day over the summer, to once a week during the fall to once every whenever-I-remember-this-site-exists after that. I think my last post with my original account was some time in 2007. XD

One summer day in 2009, I'm sitting in my apartment an older and wiser fellow than I was before, and then I catch word of two new Pokemon games coming out...Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver. Eager to jump into the speculation mill, I rush to GameFAQS, which had since become my forum of choice for most things, but a slight tinge of nostalgia washes over me and I decide to type in www.pokecommunity.com in the URL bar, and I'm blown away by how much the site had changed since my last visit. Since I more or less felt like a newbie all over again, I decided to make a new account instead of reviving my old one. I even vowed to match my old account's postcount in a faster time than it took me the first time around (a goal I proudly achieved). Other than that though, I haven't really done much of significance with my Timbjerr account. XD

Back