• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[OOC/SU]Bah, Humbug! - Tournament of Snow: Holiday RP Event 2011!

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    Ooh...you watch Fruits Basket? So do I! My team looks ok...an occasional exaggeration like Hydreigon in there.....and I also thought somebody would seriously do a Christams theme or maybe pokemon with Christmas colors, but I guess not.

Nah, It's not too over the top, but while you were in the process of writing it out I think there was a point when you had like 3 pseudo legendaries. (Metagross, Dragonite, Garchomp i think?)

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • You called?

Hey, I don't not do overkill. xD I still got some Bug/Flying types in there. And I'll be using those primarily. ^^ Plus, I wanted to do a Rin-esque (from Fruits Basket) history. I was thinking that Team Humbug would try to recruit her (obviously, it would fail, but still). xD

Finished, by the way.

Fruits Basket? My sister reads that manga, and I watched the first few episodes . . . the Japanese episodes, though. That was a . . . a while ago, but it was cute~

Michaela, you and your overkill team are ACCEPTED. I guess I'll go submit the IC Thread and hope that Skymin's lazy butt reaches an actual computer soon~

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • Nah, It's not too over the top, but while you were in the process of writing it out I think there was a point when you had like 3 pseudo legendaries. (Metagross, Dragonite, Garchomp i think?)

:cer_laugh: Yeah, but changed them since I realized half my team is pseudo legendary :cer_eek: Would not be fair, and my plan is to be in third or fourth at least....maybe....who knows.

for him.

I'm trash.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    :cer_laugh: Yeah, but changed them since I realized half my team is pseudo legendary :cer_eek: Would not be fair, and my plan is to be in third or fourth at least....maybe....who knows.

We just need to have fun right?
    (Lies, we must strive to win this fictional prize of many wonderful wonders!)
    :D

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • Yup. As for the IC thread that's already up....I think we just start posting saying that we're outside the Tournament......?

for him.

I'm trash.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    I am not really sure we should do that since Nakuzami isn't here yet.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
    Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen yesterday
    Yahoo! I can't wait for this! Does anyone volunteer to unnerve Alyss?

Years
  • May I join?

Name: Jordin Nano

Personality: Jordin is a smart girl. She is smart with battle tactics and loves pokemon. She is quick to flare up and when it looks like she's going to get hit, she'll move her hand and flinch away. Jordin also has asthma, so she prefers, instead of running, to get on her pokemon (She has two pokemon for riding, one ground and flying, one water.). Her asthma, though, can get her in trouble because she may get a bit angry at people for making her run and stuff. She loves fashion.

Appearance: Jordin has long black hair with blue streaks in. She is the average weight for a fifteen year old, but has the height of a twelve year old. She has pale skin, with a few freckles on her face. She has long nails, which are usually painted red with a pokeball on top. Jordin usually wears denim trousers and a top with a logo on it. She has her hair tied in a ponytail while battling, with her blue ribbon.

History: When Jordin was very young, her father died. People accused her uncle of killing her dad. She lived with her mum, and her stepdad who she didn't like. Her mum gave her a blue ribbon and a blue hairclip. Her mum then died, so the ribbon and clip were the only things she had left. Jordin ran away, after a while, because she couldn't take it. Her stepdad was too mean. She ran to a port, where, with her only money, got a boat to Unova. Her Aunty lived there, who was Skyla. She realised she was a gym leader, and she became Skyla's backup gym leader and the judge.

Pokemon: (Up to 6. If you wish, you may add PC data.)

Species: Umbreon
    Nickname: Olivia
    Moves: Shadow ball, sand attack, Double Team, Quick attack

Species: Arcanine
    Nickname: Sandy

Moves:
    Extremespeed, Flamethrower, double team.

Species: Togekiss
    Nickname: Rainbow

Moves: Wing Attack, Swift, Fly.

Species: Plusle
    Nickname: Sparks

Moves: Spark, Thundershock, Thunderwave, Tackle

Species: Golem
    Nickname: Rochelle (Rocky)

Moves: Earthquake, Rollout, Rock throw

Species: Samurott
    Nickname: Akwa (Spelt like that on purpose)

Moves: Shell Blade, Surf, Slash.

Species: Scyther
    Nickname: Clyde

Moves: Slash, Bug bite.

Species: Cincinno
    Nickname: Cino

Moves: Tackle, Attract, Iron Tail

Species: Espeon
    Nickname: Ekto

Moves: Psychic, Psywave, Iron Tail.

hissbone

Backpacker
    Years
  • SU

fingers crossed for getting accepted, I think a fun winter RP is exactly what I need to get introduced haha

Name: Cadet Polachek

Personality:
    Cadet, lacking in grace or delicacy, does what has to be done and isn't afraid to get dirty about it.
    Having spent the majority of her Pokemon journey out in the wilderness, she is self-sufficient and proud. She mends her own clothes, walks everywhere, and is extremely bonded to her Pokemon. As a result of lonely traveling, Cadet is quiet and keeps her thoughts reserves- however she has a great appreciation for the brilliance of life, and can give all the love in the world to someone who makes a connection with her; quiet thinker, proud, happy to live life simply.

As a trainer, Cadet looks more for reliability than strength. She wants Pokemon who will stick by her through thick and thin, who can survive cold nights and long days of just hiking. Simply because Cadet challenges herself, she ends up challenging her Pokemon and gathered a strong team anyway. She likes to be fit, to wake up early and see sunrises, and to end the day exhausted. For this reason, Cadet finds herself a bit judgmental of trainers she comes across in the cities who laze about all day or let Day-cares raise their Pokemon. To her, any relationship with a Pokemon should be very close and personal. This mindset lends itself to battle, where Cadet and her Pokemon are in-sync and most likely enjoying themselves.

Appearance:
    Cadet is fair-skinned with dirty blond hair and blue eyes. She's let her bangs grow out enough to curl to the sides of her face, and keeps her long curly mess of hair piled into a bun. She's got a high forehead and big eyes, and would be considered very pretty if she cared enough to make herself that way. Instead, she generally goes around in black pants, hiking boots, and a tank top- she hardly wears makeup. Cadet is fit, with a muscular back from carrying a backpack and shapely legs from many miles of walking. Her body is proportional, but Cadet prides herself more on the strength of her limbs than the aesthetic beauty of them- often she is cut up, sporting bruises, or simply sweaty. Granted, there is nothing she loves more than taking a shower at a Pokemon Center after days on the road, and simply relaxing in the safety and cleanliness of a town.

History:
    Cadet grew up in Viridian City with her older brother. Two years apart, Cadet and Charcoal were closer friends than most siblings, and spent all of their time together, watching trainers challenge the Gym Leader Blue or exploring the nature around the City. It was with idolization that they saw every person or Pokemon who came down the rough mountain trail leading to the Elite Four. Charcoal, an intelligent but carefree boy, vowed with eager childishness that someday he would go up that road himself. However, having grown up to be even more reclusive than his sister, he manages a Poke-ranch up in the mountains of Johto, and never took the Elite Four challenge.

It was from Leader Blue that the siblings learned that the best Pokemon team is a close one. Despite his Gym responsibilities, Blue is prone to wandering at his own whim, and sometimes Cadet and Charcoal would tag along. In this way, (barely tolerated by the Gym Leader) they were exposed to many different people and ideas as children. When Charcoal was 12, he went with Blue to Pallet Town to receive a Bulbasaur from the Leader's grandfather, and from there struck out on a Pokemon journey. Feeling betrayed at age 10, Cadet spent the next two years lonely in Viridian, trying to figure out how to get a starter Pokemon without asking Blue. When she turned 12, he forced her to come along with him to Goldenrod ("to get her out of his hair"), where she received an Eevee from Bill. She spent a year training it under the direction of the Daycare Couple south of Goldenrod, and then at 13 started her Pokemon journey. She spent a year in each region, mostly exploring the wilderness, making friends and enemies of her own, and every so often meeting up with her brother in exciting and heartfelt reunions.​

Pokemon:

Species: Jolteon
    Nickname: Kid
    Moves: Rain dance, Thundershock, Quick Attack, Bite
    Personality: Brave Natured, Kid is content only to be at Cadet's side at all times, her constant companion. He is loyal and almost always at ease, even in battle. He becomes a fierce snarling thunderbolt only in dire situations.
    History: Kid was Cadet's first Pokemon, given to her by Bill as an Eevee. Has not left her team since.

Species: Crobat
    Nickname: "Lion" Lionheart
    Moves: Bite, Acrobatics, Cross Poison, Confuse Ray
    Personality: Lion is a whiny, vocal Pokemon. He hates getting wet, being cold, or getting tired, and has a habit of perching in Cadet's hair and pulling on it when he is upset. Despite pretending he is so unhappy, Lion would rather die than leave the party, and has proved his worth many times by stepping up in battle and holding his tongue when wounded. There is a great deal of love between him and Cadet (obviously, since he is a Crobat and not a Golbat), and she understands him well enough to know that if he is complaining about how awful everything is, he is actually quite content.
    History: Caught as a Zubat in a cave in Johto.

Species: Flygon
    Nickname: "Sol" De Sol
    Moves: Sandtomb, DragonBreath, Earthquake, Solarbeam
    Personality: An adamant soul, Sol is a powerhouse of energy. Born in the harsh desert of Hoenn, Sol stays with Cadet only because she respects her. She loves to battle, and would fly forever and destroy in her wake if Cadet didn't keep her reigned in. Once calmed, she reveals a surprising affection and bossy mothering towards the other Pokemon.
    History: Caught as a Trapinch in Route 111, Hoenn. She almost bit off Cadet's foot the first time they met.

Species: Mightyena
    Nickname: Lovely
    Moves: Bite, Howl, Rock Smash, Strength
    Personality: Born into a litter with a shiny Poochyena sibling, Lovely was pampered as a puppy. Originally owned by Charcoal, she had a rude awakening when traded to Cadet. Her new owner's lifestyle was nowhere near the level of comfort she was accustomed to, and though she was horrified at first, by the time she evolved into a Mightyena she had come into her own. Lovely expects to be respected as a princess, but as a beat-down, war general, perfectly capable princess. She likes Cadet to brush her fur, and takes any insult to her trainer as an insult to herself.
    History: Traded to Cadet from her brother as a Poochyena

Species: Sealeo
    Nickname: Pudding
    Moves: Surf, Dive, Rest, Aurora Beam
    Personality: Pudding is sleepy and cheerful. Made entirely of fat and muscle, he is a powerhouse when he can be roused. He is terribly fond of Cadet and his fellow Pokemon, and being a bit naive, is slow to understand when he's done something wrong or why someone is mad at him.
    History:
    Caught as a Spheal in Undella Bay, while he was in migration with the others of his ilk.

Species: Archeops
    Nickname: Zazu
    Moves: Crunch, Fly, DragonBreath, AncientPower
    Personality: A silly and energetic Pokemon, Zazu has been babied by Cadet since he was an Archen and she found him utterly adorable. Curious and outgoing, Zazu makes friends quickly and has little idea or care about social ques. After all, he is from ancient times. A simple soul, Zazu would be lost without Cadet and his Pokemon friends.
    History: Revived as an Archen from a Plume Fossil in Unova.

Last edited:

Hatefarron

Lady D-Tron
    Years
  • Is it too late to join?? I need to get into the holiday spirit! >o<

Personality:
    The laziest Pokemon trainer you'll probably ever see, D can usually be found under a nearby tree snoozing under the shade, or if in a city, sleeping on a bench. She's not very smart nor a very good trainer, but what she lacks in survivability she makes up for being a great friend. When it comes to not having to do any work, she's upbeat and lively and eager to get a good laugh out of someone. Although sometimes she can come off as annoying, and she's not very good at taking hints. A lot of people can label her as "shameless" or "useless", and most of the time they'd probably be right. Because of her lack of work ethic or talent, she's taken up thieving, and has attended large gatherings to sneak some cash off of unsuspecting observers. All in all, D is essentially an opportunist and probably shouldn't be trusted.

Appearance:
    Borderline pale skin, blue eyes lined with green, and long dirt brown hair. She has bangs that sweep to the side, and an awkward cowlick that causes the hair covering her ears to stick out. Her height is 5' 6" and her weight is... nobody should ask such a thing, how rude! Her face is very young-looking and she has the ability to pull off the best innocent act, earning her many get-out-of-jail-free cards with male officials. She wears a short-sleeved white shirt with a green baseball-tee style shoulders and sleeves, with the collar raised into a loose turtleneck (See avatar). Her bottoms are large, baggy black shorts with a green belt that's only purpose is to hold Pokeballs and not her shorts up... They ride so low it creates a midriff. Her shoes are normal tennis shoes colored black and yellow, although they make her feet look unusually small.

However, due to the season and cold conditions, she's donned a long sleeved jacket of similar style to her shirt with black lining on the inside and a black hood on the back. It's long enough to cover her stomach and make up for her now baggy black capris. On her hands are dark grey gloves with yellow decorations on the knuckles. The fingers of the gloves opt to come off, depending on what she's doing or how cold it is. However she's often such a sissy that she leaves them on.

History:
    Upon reaching the appropriate age to begin her Pokemon journey, D solemnly swore to live at home till she was at least twenty four. Not appreciating the thought, her parents kicked her out and she was a vagabond ever since. The Pokemon she chose as her starter, Bulbasaur, was too ornery to participate in Pokemon battles, and in general was a grump towards D. What little inspiration she had to battle definitely wasn't helped by her Bulbasaur's negative attitude, so they've been barely living by bumming food and cash off of real trainers. However, after a fateful battle between who she now considers her rival, the trainer lectured her on how pathetic she really was. Beating some sense into her, she continued to catch some Pokemon who in turn became faithful friends and they eventually were trained enough to evolve and were strong enough to make D not look like a complete failure. However during battles the Pokemon tend to fend for themselves, as D's instructions are poor at best.

Pokemon:

001.gif

Species: Bulbasaur
    Nickname: Bubs
    Moves: (Moves to lvl 40) + Toxic, Sludge Bomb, Power Whip, Synthesis
    Personality: Glass half empty. Generally doesn't like much of anything, stingy, and grumpy. When nobody's around, every so often he'll show a little affection toward D, and around his team he'll act a little less like a stick in the mud, but around strangers he's mistrusting and stiff.
    History: Not much history other than after hatched from his egg he was put into adoption through a lab for beginning trainers, much like most of his specie are.

094.gif

Species: Gengar
    Nickname: Kip
    Moves: (Moves to lvl 40) + Dark Pulse, Hypnosis, Dream Eater, Shadow Ball
    Personality: Fun loving and mischievous, Kip is a typical doppelgänger Gengar. However it's hard to get close to this Gengar, as Kip is wary and a bit detached from personal feelings, and the world in general. But when one does befriend Gengar, such as D and his team has, he can be a really loving dude. He also tends to give glamorous gifts... where in the world does he get these things?
    History: As a Ghastly, Kip tried desperately to fit in with the hip, trickster gang of ghosts, and in turn committed some real twisted and sometimes tragic tricks on people. However after one fateful encounter with a tough trainer, one foresight and a flurry of punches from a Machamp left Kip pummeled and defeated in the dirt with his ghost buddies laughing around him. After recovering, he realized a tooth from his iconic smile was missing. Humiliated by his shameful defeat by a fighting type and his disgraceful appearance, he left the group to live in solitude, only to be found wandering in the forest by D. Kip as a Ghastly was D's first caught Pokemon.

034.gif

Species: Nidoking
    Nickname: Nidon
    Moves: (Moves to lvl 40) + Earthquake, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Flamethrower
    Personality: Quiet and shy, Nidon usually hides behind D when strangers are around, which because of his size looks instead like an intimidating bodyguard. He so sincerely loves D, and often does things for her to show it, although because of his nature they're usually small, intimate things like giving her a flower. He is friends with his team, but his loyalty lies truly with D. If anything, he's really clingy. A fault within him is that if D is in danger or threatened, Nidon will often go blind with rage and destroy many things.
    History: Losing his mother early due to a flood, young Nidoran Nidon developed attachment issues and often felt tormented by those in his pride, even if they were trying to help him. Unable to care for himself and denying assist to him, Nidon grew weak and fell behind from his migrating pack. He lied in a field for what might have been days rotting away when a travelling D stumbled over him. Too weak to deny her as well, D's kindness and off-kilter personality nurtured him back to health along their travels together, and Nidon formed a bond with her stronger than steel.

Last edited:

Nakuzami

Years
  • Wow, three new people over the span of twenty minutes? That's cool :3

@mzmingle - You are ACCEPTED. :)

@hissbone - You are ACCEPTED, but you might want more than just three Pokemon?

@Hatefarron - You can still join~ The more the merrier, and of course Christmas is meant to be merry. :P

Nakuzami

Years
  • @Hatefarron - You are ACCEPTED, and you can edit in more Pokemon later, before your first post though.

And now we just need the three newly accepted players, Michaela and pokemongarnet to make their introductory posts.
    I would have had my second post up last night, but then right as I was posting it I, of course, lost it all. Then I got discouraged and went to sleep, lol, so now I have to redo it. :P

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
    Years
  • I will try to get up a post as soon as possible. Today is celebrating my mum's birthday which is tomorrow. Tomorrow is the Christmas party at my greataunt's house that has no internet access at all (it will be dreadfully boring). Monday is going out with my mum and Tuesday is going to a friend's house. If I cannot post tonight, I will get a post up on Wednesday. You all may move on without me.

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    Uhh, I just posted, sorry for being 'that guy'. But it's Christmas!! For some people.....

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    Uhhhhhhh, Knock Knock!
    Who's there?
    Orange.
    Orange who?
    Orange ya glad I didn't say dead RP!?
    *SHOT, several times.* *SHOT EVEN MORE TIMES*

But seriously, what's happenin' we're waiting for Michaela right? Just checking in...

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • YEAAA--! *Crashes into the OOC thread*

Good thing I'm indestructible. Er, anyway. I totally decided to apply for this 'ere RP. ...Assuming...it's still going..? I guess I'll figure out that second part soon enough. Anyway, here's my SU~

Name: Jessica Stark

Sex: Female

Personality: Jessica is a very relaxed person. She just lays back and takes life as it comes, keeping things simple. She unfortunately did not get the benefit of a formal education. Thus, she has a somewhat uneducated view of the world. Despite this, she is generally pleasant to be around, but can become intolerantly dismissive when argued with at times. She also doesn't see the benefit of an education. Luckily, she is not overly prone to become offended at teasing, and is more likely to ignore someone or walk away when she knows she is being teased. She seems to be a natural tomboy, not obsessing over stupid things like hating pink but rather simply sometimes demonstrating a disregard for femininity. Finally, Jessica is somewhat proud of her heritage, humble as it may be. She won't hesitate to speak well of it when possible and appropriate.

Appearance: (It's hard to motivate myself to write a paragraph when I have this picture worth thousands more.)
    Jessica is a young woman commonly found wearing skinny jeans and a very country looking pink top that looked like it might have been better suited as part of a bikini if it weren't for the plain cloth it was made from. Underneath the top would usually be a white sports bra. Jessica typically wears hiking boots and wears fingerless gloves. Jessica has a fairly athletic build, complimented by her rather large, stylized ponytail. In addition to all of the above, Jessica is white, has brown hair, green eyes, and commonly wears a pink and white cap.

History: Jessica was born and raised in Unova, on a modest ranch near Lacunosa Town to be precise. She was an only child, and while her father had been hoping for a boy he learned to become proud of his tomboy daughter. Thus, the two got along pretty well. Up until around ten years old she helped her parents around the ranch. At the age of ten she decided she wanted to become a trainer and go explore the world. A part of the reason for her dreams was the fact that she had simply been confined to the ranch for so long. Jessica spent most of her time as a trainer traveling and exploring the world to the best of her abilities. She was a pretty decent battler that enjoyed the sights and meeting new people more than anything else. Fairly early on in her adventuring she made the decision to travel to Kanto. While this required quite some help from her parents she managed to get what she wanted. The reason for this decision was that she wanted to catch specific pokemon native to Kanto and Johto in addition to the fact that she wanted to explore a foreign region. That being said, although Kanto was her first destination she did in fact travel to Johto. Yet, she found that she enjoyed Kanto a bit better. Thus, after she was done collecting pokemon she went back to hang out in Kanto for a time. Hearing about a special tournament happening in Unova though she decided to return to her home region in order to participate.

Pokemon

Species: Tauros
    Sex: Male
    Moves: Payback, Rock Smash, Stone Edge, Iron Head

Species: Bouffalant
    Sex: Male
    Moves: Head Charge, Revenge, Rock Slide, Swords Dance

Species: Miltank
    Moves: Milk Drink, Brick Break, Double Team, Present

Species: Stoutland