• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hi, I'm a new user on this forum.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2012
    I'd like to say hello to everyone here on the pokecommunity! I started out playing Pokemon Red and Blue back in the 90's as a child and have loved the series ever since. I'm not up on the anime though and I haven't seen it in quite a while but the games are still pretty awesome.

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    Welcome aboard, MissDigitalis! Cool username you got there by the way! What does your username means though? Yes, I'm obsessed with usernames, and I'd love to know more about the mystery behind it! :D ..

I also started playing the first installments - R/B/Y in the late 90's, I got it as a birthday present as well as a Christmas present, my birthday is near Christmas soo that explains it. But I enjoyed and had the best Pokemon experience the most was when I had the second installments - G/S/C. My friends were playing it as well, so I had buddies to whom I could discuss the game with, it was definitely the best, although I'm not saying that I'm not enjoying the current games such as the likes of D/P/PL, HG/SS and B/W. It's just that it was way more amazing during those times! Anyway, if you want to discuss about the games, just look for their respective sections, for example, D/P/PL goes with Fourth Generation Games and etc.

I've also been with the anime ever since however I haven't been in touch with it the past few weeks due to my heavy & tight schedule and also the other animes that I'm watching, we do have a Pokemon Anime section here though! .. Anyway, it'd be really awesome if you could explore the forum yourself, think of it as a Pokemon journey! Wherein you'd discuss Pokemon with others, meet PokeFans and make friends with them and basically everything!

By the way, right now, PC is hosting it's holiday event - The Holiday Hop! So make sure to check it out, it's just below this section. You'd surely have fun! Looking forward to see you around the board, make sure to follow the rules all the time, and if you have any questions, then don't hesitate to approach me, I don't bite, really. :3

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    Welcome to PC MissDigitalis. So have you kept up with the game series then? And do you remember when you last stop watching the anime. Cause Best Wishes is just as good time as any to get back into it.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2012
    Welcome aboard, MissDigitalis! Cool username you got there by the way! What does your username means though? Yes, I'm obsessed with usernames, and I'd love to know more about the mystery behind it! :D ..
    Digitalis is the Latin name for Foxglove, my last name lol.

I also started playing the first installments - R/B/Y in the late 90's, I got it as a birthday present as well as a Christmas present, my birthday is near Christmas soo that explains it. But I enjoyed and had the best Pokemon experience the most was when I had the second installments - G/S/C. My friends were playing it as well, so I had buddies to whom I could discuss the game with, it was definitely the best, although I'm not saying that I'm not enjoying the current games such as the likes of D/P/PL, HG/SS and B/W. It's just that it was way more amazing during those times! Anyway, if you want to discuss about the games, just look for their respective sections, for example, D/P/PL goes with Fourth Generation Games and etc.

I've also been with the anime ever since however I haven't been in touch with it the past few weeks due to my heavy & tight schedule and also the other animes that I'm watching, we do have a Pokemon Anime section here though! .. Anyway, it'd be really awesome if you could explore the forum yourself, think of it as a Pokemon journey! Wherein you'd discuss Pokemon with others, meet PokeFans and make friends with them and basically everything!

By the way, right now, PC is hosting it's holiday event - The Holiday Hop! So make sure to check it out, it's just below this section. You'd surely have fun! Looking forward to see you around the board, make sure to follow the rules all the time, and if you have any questions, then don't hesitate to approach me, I don't bite, really. :3
    That's cool. I learned about Pokemon back in like 1996 when my little cousin went on vacation with my family for fall break and brought his gameboy with him and was playing Pokemon Blue. So I asked for it for Christmas and lo and behold here I am today. :D

So Is Delibird the forums official mascot or just for the holiday?

Welcome to PC MissDigitalis. So have you kept up with the game series then? And do you remember when you last stop watching the anime. Cause Best Wishes is just as good time as any to get back into it.
    The last series I bought was Leaf Green unfortunately but I still love to learn about all the plots and characters in the newer games even if I'm not playing them myself. The last series I really watched consistently was the Orange Island saga and I was pretty disappointed with that. I've seen a few episodes here and there of the newer Pokemon episodes and they seemed better. I may have to get back into the habit of watching. ^^

Since I'm nearly 25 I had a momentary break from all leisure activities when I was working my butt off at my job for 50 hours a week and had no television in my apartment but sometimes when I have the time I take out my old games and still play. :)

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    We don't have a forum mascot. In fact we have several skins that have different pokemon themes.

Wow that's been awhile you missed about 2-3 Generations. I'd recommend filling in the gaps if you have the time or money. Orange Islands is a filler arc between Kanto and Johto so I wouldn't be too disappointed once you get past that depending how you like Johto. The battles are pretty good in Orange Islands though.

Dang 50 hours, where you worked they must of had you go overtime? I barely get half of that per week albeit a part time job.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    So Is Delibird the forums official mascot or just for the holiday?

Oh, that's just for the holiday. You are more than welcome to change the styles though! Just scroll aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllll the way down to the bottom of the page and at the bottom left corner, you'll see a drop down bar that should say "Delibird's Delivery". That's the name of the style you're currently using. You can try out tons of forum styles we currently have, like for example.. I currently have The Pokeathletes as my style.

Anyways, welcome to the forums, MissDigitalis! Glad you're breaking out the old games and still playing them! I always have my emulator handy when I want to get that nostalgia feeling. I used to play Pokemon in the 90's as well, and those were the amazing times. ^_^

I highly recommend you to try out the newer DS games. If you're a nostalgia junkie like me, you should totally try out HeartGold/SoulSilver, the two 2nd Generation remakes. It'll take you back. It's like GSC but with better features and graphics.

But please do stick around! We have several forums where you can talk about your memories as a child playing Pokemon. Most of us still remember the past. ^_^ Have fun! PM me if you have any questions, or VM me if you want to talk. :D I'm always open. ^_^, see ya!

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2012
    We don't have a forum mascot. In fact we have several skins that have different pokemon themes.

Wow that's been awhile you missed about 2-3 Generations. I'd recommend filling in the gaps if you have the time or money. Orange Islands is a filler arc between Kanto and Johto so I wouldn't be too disappointed once you get past that depending how you like Johto. The battles are pretty good in Orange Islands though.

Dang 50 hours, where you worked they must of had you go overtime? I barely get half of that per week albeit a part time job.

Yeah Maybe I'll end up getting one of the newer versions soon. :)

I was paid over time but my rent was insanely high and there's a long story involved with a bad room mate but I won't bore you with that.

Oh, that's just for the holiday. You are more than welcome to change the styles though! Just scroll aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllll the way down to the bottom of the page and at the bottom left corner, you'll see a drop down bar that should say "Delibird's Delivery". That's the name of the style you're currently using. You can try out tons of forum styles we currently have, like for example.. I currently have The Pokeathletes as my style.
    Oh ok, thank you for telling me. :)

Anyways, welcome to the forums, MissDigitalis! Glad you're breaking out the old games and still playing them! I always have my emulator handy when I want to get that nostalgia feeling. I used to play Pokemon in the 90's as well, and those were the amazing times. ^_^

I highly recommend you to try out the newer DS games. If you're a nostalgia junkie like me, you should totally try out HeartGold/SoulSilver, the two 2nd Generation remakes. It'll take you back. It's like GSC but with better features and graphics.
    Oh yeah, they've definitely improved over the years. I remember the old old Golbats and Exeggutors. XD

But please do stick around! We have several forums where you can talk about your memories as a child playing Pokemon. Most of us still remember the past. ^_^ Have fun! PM me if you have any questions, or VM me if you want to talk. :D I'm always open. ^_^, see ya!
    Awesome. Thanks. :D

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Welcome to PC! I'm sure you'll like it here. As for more recent games, my personal faves are Leaf Green (R/B updated versions with better graphics and an awesome girl trainer), Platinum (best of the 4th gen games) and Soul Silver (worthy remake of the second generation games). As for the Pokemon anime... you're not missing much at all. Best to just keep ignoring that mess, lol

Anyway, PC is the perfect place to re-acquaint yourself with Pokemon. We have sections of the site devoted to all of the games, as well as general discussuin sections and areas for non-Pokemon interests. Hope you enjoy your time here and I hope to see you nice and active here on PC! And get to know the locals... we're nice folks and (usually) don't bite, lol

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    So another player since the beginning, huh? Intriguing~.
    Hey, welcome to PC! I'm Yuki's Sword--The hyperactive Edward Elric fan! You'll love it here, so stick around and enjoy your stay~!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I merged your posts since consecutive double posting is against the rules here in the forums. Depending on the type of the game, you should try showing it off in the ROM Hacking section of the forums. ;)

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2012
    I merged your posts since consecutive double posting is against the rules here in the forums. Depending on the type of the game, you should try showing it off in the ROM Hacking section of the forums. ;)
    Oops, sorry I thought it would automatically merge.

Also, I was hoping someone could insert this map for me?

I'm not sure if redriders180 is going to or not.

Or maybe this map if the border still disappears....

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Unfortunately you may not get the best help on that here, since this thread is mainly focused on welcoming you. My best suggestion is maybe contact the member that was supposed to help you, or contact the Emulation mods giradialkia and colcostyles.

Back