• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon VR: Game of Chance (OOC)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    If you had read the first post carefully, Michaela and others, you'd see that I take no reservations. The RPers/characters that I think will be best for the RP will be accepted once most SUs are up :3 hope it doesn't scare anyone from trying.

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
    Years
  • Dammit all! The bane of my grades is here! But I just can't resist it, and so many has already reserved! So I guess that I'll go on with reserving as well if that is possible. This RP actually reminds me of the Pokémon MMO Beta-Testers RP made by Nideous. Too bad it died...

EDIT: No reservations? Oh now you've made me EXTREMELY nervous. I'll have to cook up the best damn SU I've ever written now!

pokemonmasteraaron

The blind Pokémon Master!
    Years
  • real world
    Name| Matthew Blackwood Gender| (any)
    Age| 13
    Appearance| I am blind so I can't really draw you a picture, now can I?
    My descriptions aren't the best, but I'll try!
    Really wanna be in this one!
    Matthew is a black haired male teenager.
    His hair is always cut short.
    He has blue eyes, and is about 5.5 feet tall.
    He weighs 106 LB.
    Personality| Matthew is the type of person who is shy for the first minute, but is very very quick in ajusting.
    He is intellegent, but not a person who analizes everything put infrunt of them.
    He enjoys finding ways around limitations.
    For example, if you were to offer him 3 wishes, he'd wish for 30000000 wishes.
    If he is scripting something, but there isn't a way to do something with one code, he will use many codes to get the same result as using a simple code.
    History| Matthew was born and raised in NC USA.
    Nothing extraordinary has happened to him through out his life.
    He is the only genetic child of two loving parents.
    He has an adopted elder brother and younger sister.

pokémon world
    Alias| Matthew
    Gender| male
    Age| 13
    Appearance| Once again, I'm blind and can not really give accurate descriptions.
    I actually think Matthew would try to have his character resemble his real life self, so yeah.

Starter Pokémon| Shinx! best pokémon ever :P

Pokédex Color| (red)
    roleplay sample
    (write up some paragraphs on the spot about anything, or show me something from another
    recent RP you've been in. Do your best! Put it in a spoiler, please.)
    K so I'm using basic editor because the advanced one will not work with my screen reader application.
    Thus, I don't know the bbc for spoiler.
    I'm sorry.
    I also haven't made it in to a roleplay yet, so I'm going to write something random.
    It was night by time I reached the snow covered trees of Anetean woods.
    I pondered whether or not to tackle the forest to night, or camp at the edge of the woods.
    "It's a pitty I didn't just stay at the Pokémon center." I said mornfully.
    I decided to camp at the edge of the woods, under a towering oak.
    In the morning, I woke up, teeth chattering, to find that the snowfall had been replaced by a heavy rainstorm.
    "Oh Arceus, why have you given me this terrible luck?" I asked the Pokémon god.
    No answer.
    I knew I wouldn't get an answer, I never had in the past, what made me think I'd get one now?
    It was about 1:00 by time I exited those horible woods.
    I was still freezing.
    I was also soking wet, covered in mud, and sporting deep scratches on my right side, right cheek, and a bleeding nose.
    Those were mostly caused by a fierce Poochyena.
    The bleeding nose wasn't directly caused by the poochyena, however.
    While running away from said fierce animal, I ran directly in to a stream.
    I tripped, and I found that rocks don't make the best of cushions.
    Remember that when your a trainer.
    I made it safely to Turtlebrook city, and was relieved to take a day off the road and relax.
    I hope my character was good enough.
    If you could pm me to let me know if I was accepted or not, I would be greatful.
    I have this page bookmarked, and will check back soon.

King!

better
    Years
  • _ sign up SHEET

real world

Name|
    Locke Danielson
    Gender| Male
    Age| 15

Appearance| Although Locke is currently fifteen years old, his features are still slightly boyish ("All these video games have stunted your growth, Locke!" his mother often shouts). He is quite thin for his age and stands at about 5'5", lacking any muscle what-so-ever. His face also resembles that of a child younger than himself, with large, bright blue eyes, long eyelashes, and red lips that curl down slightly at the corners when Locke is concentrating very hard. His dark brown hair has been styled the same for the past ten years – short, spiked at the front, lying flat towards the back and curving nicely around the ears – a cut his mother claims 'makes him look at least a couple years older', though it tends to do just the opposite. His somewhat childish appearance is topped off with pale skin and tiny hands and feet.

As for clothing, Locke's closet is almost entirely made up of hand-me-downs from his older brother or the occasional cousin – and Locke completely hates it. Jeans and shorts a couple sizes too large held together by a mismatched belt, worn shirt with some obsolete, faded logo on it, and overused sneakers that might as well be clown shoes on his tiny feet. The whole situation is a complete train wreck to Locke, but he lacks the money to afford anything better. He does, however, have one constant to his bizarre outfit each day – a friendship bracelet made of different shades of purple given to him several years back by an elementary school friend. Through the years the bracelet has been through a lot, and although it is faded and worn, it is somehow still in one piece.

Personality| Locke's personality is basically broken up into two parts: the mask on the outside that most people see, and the true him, the part of him only himself and his internet friends know. The part that he shows the world outside of his computer, his classmates, neighbors and family, is a quiet boy, a respectful boy. In school he is nearly silent, only speaking when a teacher calls on him. Other students don't pay him much attention, and when they do they see a semi-smart, puny little kid. While his mother views him as a bit more than that, most of her attention is given to Locke's elder brother, David, or making money to provide for her boys. There isn't much to Locke's mask – he has no friends, he stays in the background, he speaks when spoken to, he observes. But on the inside, there is so much more.

Locke hides quite a fair share of secrets behind the poker face of his. He envies his brother in almost every way – his good looks, his mother's devotion, his ability to entertain a crowd with his words. He would do anything for at least half of the charisma David has. Secondly, he is a major nerd, spending most of his free time on the internet and playing video games (especially Pokemon, one of his biggest guilty pleasures). The majority of his 'true' friends are people he talks to on the internet, and some of them don't even know his true identity. Lastly, and the most buried secret of all: he's gay.

As much as he tried to fight it, Locke eventually began to realize that he had a thing for other guys. When he finally 'accepted' the fact about who he was, he began to switch gears…instead of giving it his full attention to fight it, he did his best to hide it. He became silent at school, only watching the boys in his class from afar, trying not to say a word. He tried to plunge the secret as deep into himself as he could, believing if anyone found out he would be done for. His mother wouldn't look at him, his brother…he couldn't even think about what his brother would say. The kids at school would laugh at him.

So he hid himself, only showing who he was behind the safety of his computer screen over the internet to some virtual friends. Oftentimes he'd pretended to be a girl, just to try to attract the interest of guys in internet chat rooms. Locke preferred it this way – here he could speak in what was mostly his own voice, without worrying what others thought. If things got rough, he could back out of it as quick as a press of the button on his monitor. Though his virtual exploits were fun, Locke still longed for a boyfriend in real life, someone who could be there for him. So when an opportunity arose that could get him what he wanted…Locke began to form a plan.

History| Locke was born and raised in the United States, in the city of Chicago. After the man he only faintly remembers as a father left the family when Locke was just a toddler, the family (now consisting of Locke, his mother, and his older brother David) struggled financially. Although it was difficult, they somehow got by, using his mother's small salary from teaching and his brother's pitch-ins with occasional odd jobs around the city. Locke also spent at least a good hour each day working for someone in his apartment building, but most of his money was usually spent on video games.

pokémon world

Alias| [violetroses] Goes by Violet or Rose, most commonly the former
    Gender| Female
    Age| 13

Appearance| Locke's appearance changes quite dramatically in the transformation from himself to [violetroses]. Aside from the obvious fact that he is now a she, he is now a lot more noticeable to those around them. Her new hair is longer, about halfway between her chest and shoulders, and is a vibrant shade of, well, violet. WHile she usually lets her hair down naturally, sometimes, especially in battle, she will put it up in a ponytail or braid. Her eyes match her hair in that they stand out, but have been changed to an emerald green color instead of purple. Also, Violet's body features (again, aside from the obvious) are much different from Locke's – she is much taller for her age rather than shorter, standing at about 5'8", and her form is more filled out and defined – not all skin and bones anymore.

Violet's attire makes a definite upgrade from Locke's hand-me-down clothes. All of that is scrapped and replaced with a new, more coordinated outfit: a snug green t-shirt with a white pokeball logo on it, and a purple hoodie that can be taken off and put back on as the weather changes. For bottoms Violet wears a pair of dark blue jeans, and on her feet are sneakers not unlike the ones she wears at home except for they appear to be brand new and fit perfectly. The only thing that has really stayed the same between Locke and Violet is the purple friendship bracelet they wear on their right wrist.

Starter Pokémon| Spoink

Pokédex Color| Lavender~

Roleplay Sample-
    This is a piece I wrote for slls81's A New Professor In Town. I know it's been a while since that RP was around, I haven't been in much that shows what I can to in terms of this RP lately :\ Hopefully I've at least improved from this over the past year or so ._.

Spoiler:

I know this definitely isn't the best SU here, but it's, ah, been a while...and I have some good ideas for Locke/Violet, so hopefully this is good enough :3 Thank you~

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
    Years
  • I'll join!

real world

Name| Jake Henderson (not my real name...)
    Gender| Male
    Age| 14

Appearance|

picture.php

He is in 2nd Year High School. He is 14 years old. Because of that, he is tall, like 5'8. He has chocolate colored eyes. He has jet black, messy hair. He wears a plain black polo shirt with a white undershirt. He wears black jeans and black leather shoes. He also wears a white sling bag. He always carries a baseball with him even though he doesn't play baseball.

Personality| He is a nice and friendly guy. He is kind of an introvert. He is a smart guy and he is the one to go to when you need an answer in your missed assignment in Math, Science, or literally any subject. He is a little sensitive and caring. He loves to sing and dance. You would think that Jake is a perfect guy, right? But he's not. Many of his classmates bully him. He really doesn't know why. He is strong emotionally. He doesn't give up. He strives to become a better person and to please everybody. He has a crush named Taylor who she's his best friend. Although it didn't work out, they still hung out. He has friends named Jeffrey and Maria who always sticks by him. He is kind of a glutton. He loves playing video games and using the internet. He loves Glee because he can relate to the show.

His love life is a mess. Literally, he is somewhat dense. He doesn't have a clue how to act to girls. To be honest, he wants to have a love interest.

And this is Jake in a nutshell.

History| Jake was born and raised in the city of Manila in the beautiful country of the Philippines. His parents, Jean and Mark Henderson were American. His parents were on a vacation in the Philippines from their work as reporters for CNN when Jake was born. When Jake was 6, he entered school in one of the best in the Philippines. When Jake was 9, he started playing Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire. When Jake was 10, he got a DS for his birthday and bought the games from Diamond and Pearl to Black and White. Now, in 2012, he was checking his email because he is confirming his user account in a Pokemon forum where he received an email from '[email protected]' stating that he was one of the few people to beta test the new version of the game Pokemon VR: Game of Chance. And that's where the trouble starts...

pokémon world

Alias| [leafchris7] Chris Leaf
    Gender| Male
    Age| 13

Appearance|

picture.php

Since he is back to 13, his height regressed to 4'12. His eyes are different with hazelnut colored instead of chocolate. He has a red and purple Pokeball designed hat to cover his hair. Because he wanted to look friendly and to forget his life for a while, he changed his calm outfit to a jolly one. He has a green vest with a white shirt underneath. He has blue jeans and has purple sneakers. He also wears a purple backpack as opposed to the white sling bag. With his habit, he also carries a Pokeball.

Starter Pokémon|
    043.gif
    Oddish
    043.gif

Pokédex Color| Purple or Green

roleplay sample
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Ok, I'm closing applications now. No new SUs are to be put up unless you've already posted your interest in this thread. Thank you!
    EDIT: romdinner expressed interest to me via PM so he can post his SU.

I know this definitely isn't the best SU here, but it's, ah, been a while...and I have some good ideas for Locke/Violet, so hopefully this is good enough :3 Thank you~

Oh, I can immediately envisage some really interesting interaction/story between your character and mine xD We'll see~

Also, AceOfChance, a shiny starter is ok. Actually I think I'll have one too, even though I wasn't planning on it from the beginning.

_ steinhart VIKING

real world

Name| Rosa Steinhart

Gender| Female

Age|16

Appearance| When Rosa walks down the streets of Stockholm, she is someone who you are sure to notice or even raise your eyebrows at. Upon seeing her long hair, which is dyed ink black and worn in countless braids of varying sizes with some colorful bows in them pretty often, anyone who has got a sense of simplicity and elegance will feel offended. Her pale skin and the heartless look that the dark gray eyes always give out will further make people believe that she is not one you want to approach willingly. As if that wasn't enough, she is wearing a fake lip piercing and enough of mascara and eyeliner to make her monthly make up budget go over the top. So even if she isn't exceptionally tall, short, fat or skinny, she manages to get noticed and most likely disdained in other ways.

Rosa's clothing does its part in making her look like a teenage rebel. She always wears black or chequered skirts and colorful leggings along with her sturdy black boots where the laces aren't knit at all. On the upper body, she doesn't wear anything strange in particular, thank heavens; most often some kind of simple black canvas jacket and t-shirt or some other top. Her favorite colors are pink and black because that seems to provoke the most people.

Personality| Why does this girl choose to dress and look as she does? It is because she wants to be seen and want others to be annoyed with her. She has on several occasions failed to describe why, but that is only because she doesn't want to admit it to herself even. She is frail inside, someone who never really knows if the choice she has made or the action she has taken is the right one. But on the outside, she pretends like she has the best self-confidence there ever was, and like she is always right, no matter how much evidence there could be against her.

Rosa likes attention, needless to say almost. In her class in her gymnasium (Swedish version of high school, kind of) she is not bullied even though she looks the way she does. She acts witty at all times, she can be very sarcastic when she puts an effort into it and she loves to annoy the teachers by chewing gum during class, putting her legs up on the desk or even refusing to hand in her homework just because she claims that she didn't feel like it today. Her classmates think she is funny, a sort of class clown. She can also be a quite fun friend and the ones that hang around her never really have a dull moment. But she isn't really kindhearted and loyal to her friends. More than once, she has failed to show up when she was meeting a friend, without saying beforehand why. She also gossips a lot even though people have realized that she isn't really someone you should confide in; she has some sort of convincing charisma that makes you want to tell her things against your better knowledge.

Truth is that Rosa hasn't got a single friend that she would say that she completely trusts. She started on this path of being the oddball with a strong will, quite a long time ago now, and she wouldn't know how to quit and be a "normal" girl. She feels like everything she is, is hung up on her appearance and tough acting and if she was to let that guard down, what would she have left?

History| Born in suburban Stockholm, Rosa grew up as a fairly normal child. Her big sister and brother were 6 and 5 years older than she was and played together but often played around with Rosa in mean ways because she was younger and didn't realize when she was being fooled. Their parents weren't excessively rich and compared to many of Rosa's classmates, she was a rather poor girl. She couldn't wear much fancy new clothing very often and she never had the latest game console to invite her friends over to play with, as some others did. She tried her best to be special but after middle school she really started to think that school was boring, in contrast with her brother and sister (who were called Lisa and Tom) who started going to university with grand plans for their future job careers.

Rosa felt more and more annoyed with being the last child stuck in her boring home. To get attention and to generally rebel against her parents as a teenager - although she woud probably have listed completely different reasons - she started to drastically change the way she was clothed and behaving. She became more cocky and sometimes her parents wondered if she had become slightly evil even. They didn't want to argue with her, which only made her even angrier and wanting to rebel even more. But when she tried to get piercings and tattoos, her mother put her foot down and forebid Rosa to do so. That's why she wears her fake lip piercing when her mother doesn't see.

What Rosa really thinks she needs now is a chance to find out what she really wants in life and how she can really get the attention she craves so badly. She would never settle with being average. Her inner wish is to really find out what she is good at and what she can do to become the very best at something. When she got the email from the address she hadn't seen before, she didn't really ponder whether or not it looked safe. She downloaded the game to her PC and started it up as soon as she could, since she loved pokémon and owned a NDS and a GBC; the only consoles that she had been really eager to spend her savings on mainly because she wanted to play pokémon. Something about the pokémon world was soothing to her. It meant freedom.

pokémon world

Alias| Viking

Gender| Male

Age| 13, and will take the opportunity to act like it pretty often, even though he will get more mature when things look dark.

Appearance| A male character, that is something that Rosa creates pretty often in video games. Online, she usually keeps her attitude but playing as a guy somehow makes her feel even more confident. She doesn't like the pretty and girly characters that some make, even though she enjoys flirting with them as a joke only to see how stupid they are. Or how stupid they make themselves. In Pokémon VR: Game of Chance, she chose to play as a boy yet again. Viking was inspired by the fact that she is Swedish and her ancestors were vikings, which Rosa found pretty cool. She would show the game how strong a swede she was in the shape of Viking.

Starting from the top, Viking's long hair is snow white. It's kept in dreadlocks, since Rosa never got to wear her hair like that for her mother. Most of them are held back by a big, loose knot, but many stick out in front of and behind his ears, while some stick out from the knot. Over his forehead and under his hair knot, he also wears a dark green headband with a pin in the shape of a golden star on its side. His skin is an olive tanned color which looks a bit strange together with his pale hair and a pair of icy blue irises peer out from underneath his smug eyelids. His lips are thin but his mouth can become very wide when he smiles or is angry. Not a single freckle dot his smooth complexion. Another thing that he has that Rosa wasn't allowed to have, are ear piercings. Two silvery dots in every ear, which means four piercings in total.

For clothing, Viking wears an icy blue canvas vest, decorated with small brown feathers on both of its chest pockets and brown animal fur on the shoulders. A long sleeved, white t-shirt can be seen underneath and his dark gray trousers are big and fluffy at the top with a lot of pockets, but narrow down and become slim around his ankles. He wears a black leather belt with specially constructed magnets on them for carrying up to 6 pokéballs at a time. When the belt senses a hand grabbing a pokéball, it will de-attach the ball until a ball is placed there again. Black boots, much similar to Rosa's own, are his footwear. The backpack that he receives in the beginning is a dark brown, leathery one which is also decorated with a few feathers, and on his hands he wears dark gray skin gloves.
    Starter Pokémon| Staryu (shiny)
    120.gif

Pokédex Color| White

Last edited:

romdinner

Gazing at the sky...
    Years
  • _ sign up SHEET

417664_383018445047452_100000179006592_1666937_1173862564_n.jpg

real world

Name| Amber Primrose

Gender| Female

Age| 17

Appearance| Picture -->
    Spoiler:

Amber is a very gorgeous young lady envied by some, even if she doesn't realize her good looks. Her beautiful long red hair is usually kept in a ponytail leaving some bangs on the side of her face. The most striking feature of her face are her amber red eyes that simply warm your hearth and are matched by a pair of rosy cheeks ( this was the reason why her parents named her Amber ). She is fit for her age being neither too tall or to short, at about 5 feet and 81 inch, with a frail and gentle body that has a colour between Caucasian white and light pink.
    When speaking about her clothes, Amber usually dresses with what's appropriate for the occasion or weather. Her house clothes consist of a T-shirt and a pair pants or shorts, being comfy is a must for her. Her outdoor attire, if it's warm, is a white skirt most of the time with a nice top and when it's cold outside a pair of jeans and a blouse or T-shirt and jacket. The clothes you are bound to find her in are a pair of blue jeans and a pale yellow top. The only accessories she wears is her feather shaped pendant that is tied around her neck.

Personality|
    Amber has a very shy personality because she usually doesn't realize her qualities and strong points and backs out of things. She is usually the girl that is left to clean the classroom or the one that sits quietly during classes looking outside the window at the clear blue sky. Even so Amber longs for the day when she'll be surrounded by a bunch of friends that she can laugh with and go out. Her only friend is a childhood friend, Ivy, that lives a few block away from her house and she's the total opposite of Amber, but nonetheless their friendship is strong and well. Ivy has tried to make Amber overcome her shyness but until this day the result is the same, a lot of blushing and being unable to talk very much in a big crowd. Despite her shyness Amber is a very clever and caring girl, even if she doesn't show her intelligence so much out of fear not to draw attention.
    The only moments when Amber is cured of her shyness is when she plays videogames or is online chatting with Ivy. Ivy was shocked the first time they played a videogame at her house and herd Amber yell at the game when she lost. It wasn't a very loud yell, it was just like any other one of us would yell when we lost a game at a decisive moment. Seeing this Ivy found a door key to how she could make Amber, little by little more sociable. So she started chatting more and more with Amber at night on the computer and saw that the shy Amber was nowhere to be seen and that the true Amber came to life. When Amber is in her virtual world she is very determined and competitive but still keeping her cleverness and compassion. Ivy knows that the only thing that keeps Amber from showing her true nature is a bit of courage and support.

History| Amber has lived in the peaceful town of Canterbury, England, all her life. She is the only daughter of Frank and Susan Primrose. Her father works as a lawyer, one of the best around if he could brag, and her mother is a Spanish teacher at her daughter's high school. The two of them love their daughter from the bottom of their hearth, but they also noticed their daughter's shyness but believe that as time passes she will overcome it somehow.

When she was little Amber would always sit quietly in the garden and play with her dolls or chase butterflies until she would hit the fence and start crying. As long as she was alone Amber would be as playful as can be and do all sorts of childish and funny things. Her parents loved to watch her play all day or play with her when they had the time. They were the only persons Amber was her true self with. As soon as she was put into contact without other people or children it would be like someone pressed a shut down button somewhere and she would hide somewhere under a chair or tree or anything large enough to hide her and watch from the distance how other children were playing or adults talking.
    At the age of nine Amber came into contact with what would put its mark on Amber. It was her first pokemon game which she fell in love after an hour of playing. The creatures were so cute and nice, the thought of them having different abilities and powers was so amazing and the fact that she was the owner and trainer of her friend creature was so thrilling that she didn't let go of the game until she finished it………with all the three starters. It was a nice event that made her childhood happier and more interesting. She truly believed that those creatures were real and was determined to become a pokemon trainer when she was older, but she would just have to wait until some old adult would discover where they were hiding.

About a year later Ivy moved to their town, a few block away from Amber's house, and while the little girl was passing ,with her mother, by Amber's garden in which she was playing on her blanket with some tea cups she was greeted by Amber's mother that decided to welcome the new neighbours . Ivy was placed next to Amber, who immediately fled behind a tree and stayed there watching the new girl from afar. Ivy, who was just a year older that Amber, approached Amber slowly and seeing as the little girl was shy decided to just sit on the opposite part of the tree and watch the sky. Amber sat down too and soon both of them fell asleep under the shade of the tree.

That was the start of a beautiful friendship as Amber soon warmed up to Ivy and started talking to her and accept her as her friends. Even so Amber still is a tad bit shy around her but ivy now knows that Amber just has to have some courage and she'll do just fine in the real world.

Beautiful_sunrise_hd_1325849345.jpg

pokémon world

Alias| Chloe Evergreen

Gender| Female

Age| 13

Appearance | Picture -->
    Spoiler:

Amber's avatar, Chloe, is the result of her desire to look both cute and somehow open and bold. Chloe has an emerald green hair that goes down to her shoulders and matches her eyes that have the same colour. Her skin colour remained the same as her real tone so no changes here. Amber tried to make Chloe have the same height and body structure as when she was 13 so Chloe ended up with a height of 5 feet and 47 inches and a well structured body for a young lady.
    Chloe's attire gave Amber a handful as she wanted to combine her favourite things to wear for this game and to look good at the same time. Her avatar ended up wearing a powder blue V-shaped T-shirt that is covered by a midnight blue vest. On it you can see an orange pokeball shape on the left side and that the pocket have an orange outline as well. On the bottom part of her body Chloe has a some orange shorts that are kept tight by a light brown belt on which she puts her pokeballs. Going down further Chloe wears some long green and orange striped stockings ( she thinks they compensate for the short pair of shorts….silly girl) and a pair of long black sneakers. Amber added a few accessories to her avatar which consist of: A necklace that has three pokeballs on the front, the center one being a tad bit larger than the other two, a brown bag to fit her stuff that matches her belt and last but not least an orange and black headset as she loves to listen to music when she is alone.

Starter Pokémon| Chinchou
    170.gif

Pokédex Color|
    Green with Black (mostly green)

roleplay sample - From Pokemon a Fresh Start * which sadly has died *

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2013
    Name| Jack Brennan
    Gender| Male
    Age| 16

Appearance| Jack is a frail and sickly young man suffering from Type I Osteogenesis Imperfecta, more commonly known as brittle bone disease. As a result he rarely leaves his wheelchair and sits with a slight spinal curvature. He is thin, both as a result of his illness and a lack of exercise. His eyes are brown, but as a result of his illness the 'whites' of his eyes are discoloured to a blue-gray colour, with his eyes protruding slightly. If Jack were able to stand perfectly straight, without his spinal curvature, he would be five foot five.

His hair is black and cut into a very unflattering mullet, short at the front and sides and long at the back, which he insists is cool despite all evidence to the contrary. Due to long hours spent indoors and less than rigorous hygene his hair is often unkempt and greasy, with his face blemished by acne. His teeth are crooked and unsightly, accentuated by his weak jaw. Jack has an almost 'perfect' nose, symmetrical and well proportioned, but unfortunately this oddly well formed feature does not fit well with the rest of his appearance causing it to draw more attention than it otherwise would. Finding loose clothing more comfortable Jack often wears baggy jeans, t-shirts with "witty" slogans across them and checkered shirts.

Personality| Jack is unusually positive considering his condition - preferring to count his blessings than curse his misfortunes. Almost unerringly cheerful Jack enjoys having as much of his autonomy as possible, getting around by himself without aid unless absoloutely necessary. He counsels other students at his school who are having difficulties and always encourages others to find the silver lining to every cloud. Socially Jack suffers from a degree of bullying due to his condition and appearance, but takes it on the chin (figuratively) with a smile. He understands that to many kids his age he does seem unusual, possibly even freakish, and tries not to blame them.

This self-assured nature is partly due to a considerable sense of superiority over those around him. Jack believes that due to the obstacles he has overcome in his lifetime he is, in a sense, stronger than other children his age. He feels more mature than them, more intelligent and better equipped to understand the world and how to approach its problems. This also makes Jack very competitive, feeling the need to prove himself and his superiority.

History| Jack has suffered throughout his life from Type I Osteogenesis Imperfecta, also known as brittle bone disease. This means, among other things, that Jack suffers from broken bones and fractures far more easily than the average person. This makes even walking a potential danger, and so Jack has spent the majority of his life in a wheelchair. Far from developing a victims mentality Jack was always determined to overcome his illness as much as possible, and has done just that. With an active social life and excellent academic scores the only realm in which Jack appears to be lacking is the physical. Due to not being able to pursue physical leisure activities to any great extent, Jack has always enjoyed video gaming, television and comics. One of his earliest and longest lasting pleasures has been the Pokemon franchise. A massive fan of all aspects of the Pokemon franchise he has the card game, the manga (in the original japanese) and all of the games... including Game of Chance.

pokémon world

Alias| Jackson
    Gender| Male
    Age| 13
    Appearance| Jackson has long silver hair tied back in a ponytail to draw more attention to his striking blue eyes. A strong jawline, perfect teeth and smooth skin make Jackson quite attractive... although his nose does seem just a little small for his face. He is tall for his age with an athletic build.

Jackson wears red and white sneakers with white socks and combfortably loose blue jeans (but not so loose as to be falling down) with a simple black belt. He sports a plain white t-shirt under a red harrington jacket. A white backpack with red detailing and pockets is slung over one shoulder, completing the image of the handsome and mysterious devil-may-care travelling pokemon trainer.

To anyone who knows Jack in the real world, it would be fairly obvious that he has designed this avatar to be many of the things he cannot. Tall, athletic, attractive... although this is true, Jack has also designed Jackson to be many of the things he thinks he truly is. Superior, impressive, commanding... he wants Jackson to be a striking, eye-catching figure to represent Jack's own exceptional personality. The one exception to this is the nose. Although Jacks nose is perfectly perfect, since it sits so unusually amongst the rest of his features he has developed something of a complex about it, often designing avatars to have a smaller nose than would otherwise look good.

Starter Pokémon| Nidoran (Male)
    Pokédex Color| Red

roleplay sample
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    @ romdinner - for some reason, your SU post is stretching my screen :p

@ Lincoln - omg ;; that disease, I feel sad as soon as I hear about it. Btw your RP sample was totally how I was planning on making my character realize that he's stuck xD

@ pokemonmasteraaron and gunnerpow7 - I can say right now that you have to write bulkier SUs if you want a chance at a spot. Add more to... everything, really, as your SUs right now don't tell me enough about your character. gunnerpow7, I don't even see an image in the appearance section.

pokemonmasteraaron

The blind Pokémon Master!
    Years
  • K, so you didn't think I whent in to enough detail?
    Here's an updated version.
    Here we go, my new and improved character!
    I've added minor details here and there, but the most are in personality, and history.
    real world
    Name| Matthew Blackwood
    Gender| Male
    Age| 13
    Appearance| I am blind so I can't really draw you a picture, now can I?
    My descriptions aren't the best, but I'll try!
    Really wanna be in this one!
    Matthew is a black haired male teenager.
    His hair is always cut short.
    He has blue eyes, and is about 5.5 feet tall.
    He weighs 106 LB.
    He is usually seen waring bluejeans and a sweatshirt.
    Personality| Matthew is the type of person who is shy for the first minute, but is
    very very quick in ajusting.
    He is intellegent, but not a person who analizes everything put infrunt of them.
    He enjoys finding ways around limitations.
    For example, if you were to offer him 3 wishes, he'd wish for 30000000 wishes.
    If he is scripting something, but there isn't a way to do something with one code,
    he will use many codes to get the same result as using a simple code.
    He is generally nice, but can become exstremely angry and grumpy if he has to repeat something 5-6 times.
    He is an avid video game player and fan.
    He doesn't take any actions to look good, but does care about his appearance.
    For example, he wouldn't comb his hair, he would only hope every one would overlook that aspect of his appearance.
    Similarly, he also doesn't care about his weight or looking fat, but naturely seems to remain at an average weight for his age.
    He enjoys the complexity of nature, but never talks about it.
    He doesn't give in under peer pressure easily.
    History| Matthew was born and raised in NC USA.
    Nothing extraordinary has happened to him through out his life.
    He is the only genetic child of two loving parents.
    He has an adopted elder brother and younger sister.
    He started playing pokemon at age 3.
    Pokémon Crystal was a great experience for him.
    He didn't realize that such amazing features as online trading, online battling, vertual reality, or touch screen would ever become part of the Pokémon gaming

experience.
    When he was 7, he was given Pokémon sapphire for his birthday.
    He was proud of his Zigzagoon collection, which took up approximately half the pc.
    His Sapphire was stolen when he was 9.
    Then, he baught Diamond, then Platenum, then Soul Silver, and then White.
    pokémon world
    Alias| Matthew
    Gender| male
    Age| 13
    Appearance| Once again, I'm blind and can not really give accurate descriptions.
    I actually think Matthew would try to have his character resemble his real life self,
    so yeah.
    Starter Pokémon| Shinx! Best pokémon ever!
    OK, maybe not ever, but I definitely want to rp with a Shinx!
    Pokédex Color| (red)
    roleplay sample
    See earlier post.

Last edited:

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
  • Here is the SU. Do tell me if anything needs to be changed. Also, do excuse the lack of pictures xD

EDIT: Added lame photos. The real world photo has no meaning, unless you analyze it as a demonstration of his nerdy nature. It's just there for decoration.

real world

tumblr_lyh8aa3XM01r6jdh6o1_500.jpg

Name| Isaac Jung
    Gender| Male
    Age| 18
    Appearance| Isaac is rather plain meaning he does not stand out, a trait he rather enjoys. He stands at about 5"10 with a capable body weighing in at about 160 pounds. He is well proportioned, with a thin yet athletic body though he has long arms. Isaac fancies himself quite physically capable, being an avid swimmer. That being said, he can be quite lazy (or busy), struggling to commit to a regular schedule to go to the gym.

Isaac carries a young bright expression on his face that can be easily seen due to his fairly long unkempt light brown hair, that barely remains out of his face so he can fully experience the world in front of him. The hair is never particularly styled, often at the mercy of the elements and it's painfully obvious that a comb has not touched it in years. Peering through the thick brushes of hair, are two bright green eyes that carry innocence and endless optimism. His face is fairly youthful and clean with the sole exception being a dark shadow of facial hair. This is due to Isaac's claims that shaving is an unnecessary chore. Isaac's face is rather well defined, with a prominent forehead, a nose that was likely broken once or twice, and strong jawline. He has a thin mouth that hides a wide, bright smile. He sports a single piercing, a sliver loop on his left ear lobe. This was a spur of the moment activity and he often forgets it is there. That being said, some people stare at it reminding him. It is then he feels a tinge of regret. Isaac has few impurities damaging his peachy white skin, including a minor case of acne and a "beauty mark" on his left cheek. Isaac controls the acne to the best of his ability with regular at home treatments, with some success.

Isaac's wardrobe is fairly unoriginal, continuing his plain image. To cover his chest, Isaac wears a deep blue T-shirt with abstract white designs to add some character to an otherwise plain shirt. There appears to be no real style or purpose of the designs and are little more than random lines and words to designate the brand of T-shirt. Isaac's choice of pants are of similar plain brand sporting a pair of grey jeans have been picked to dress that particular region, and a plain leather belt keeps them embarrassingly crashing to the floor for whatever reason.

Isaac carries himself with confidence and pride, finding himself rather attractive despite not making a conscious effort to do so. Isaac stands straight, looks forward and lives his life with few regrets.

Personality| Despite looking average and run of the mill, Isaac is quite eccentric. Full of life and energy, Isaac prefers to look at the glass half full. Isaac approaches life with optimism and forward thinking, firmly believing that life can only get better. That being said, he rarely plans anything as he goes with the flow. People often call Isaac being almost too carefree for his own good. Isaac prefers action over debate and as a result is a bit of anarchist, holding many problems and disagreements with the established systems of government. Strongly opinionated and vocal, Isaac tries his best to remain relatively calm at all times…though try is something of a key word as he acts on instinct more often than not being incredibly impulsive.

Isaac is considered by many to be "street smart." While he fails intellectually having barely passed high school with a C average, Isaac has more than enough common sense to exercise, able to get through just fine on simple deductions alone. He has conveyed the sense that is fairly lazy in all aspects of life, but he considers this a strength in that he knows to relax and doesn't let stress bother him. That being said, Isaac is confident in his talents and abilities, always approaching new challenges that intrigue him with enthusiasm and desire to succeed. However, if he is uninterested by something he will immediately turn it down in favor of something more...."out there".

Even though Isaac is down to earth, Isaac is spiritually inclined. He believes in the forces of karma, believing that those who do good will receive good things in return and vice versa. As a result, Isaac has a strong moral desire to be good as a possible and follows what he believes is right at the given moment. He remains optimistic despite that and always believe someone can do good in some way, making him somewhat naive and innocent. However, he does not conform to any one given religion despite this inclination instead believing in a spirit dimension of some sort and whatever "district" you are assigned to is based on your respective karma.

Isaac is an expressive, childish individual and his interactions with others reflects that. Isaac has be known to say things during the spur of the moment, causing his speech feel ranty and unintelligent, giving the impression that he improvises his speech as much as his own actions. Isaac frequently loves to make obscure references to things he experienced and will never shy from making a sarcastic quip if the time feels right. He speaks with a calm, relaxed tone until he feels need to turn up the volume to get a point across, often incorporating body language into the mix. It is very rare that Isaac takes anything seriously, to the point that he event takes serious arguments as if they were nothing more than a joke.

His childish energy passes into his interests. Isaac loves art, animation, video games and sports. You may be thinking how that can be bad…well let's just say Isaac takes it to the next level, becoming an obnoxious fanboy. He will proudly proclaim his low for kid's television shows and play video games designed for children out of boredom being a proud customer at his local arcade. Isaac shows little interest in adult hobbies, finding them boring and uninteresting. In fact, Isaac is (happily) addicted to any form of electronic entertainment, self diagnosing himself with a minor case of ADD. His evidence? He is easily bored. In fact, Isaac is almost willing to do anything to quench his thirst for some fun and is guilty of breaking the law, objecting to authority, and pulling pranks just to get a quick adrenaline rush. This also reflects the fact that Isaac has little respect for things, unless he truly admires it for some reason or another.

Being accepting of others and very tolerant, Isaac makes friends quickly and has proven to be fiercely loyal to them and supports them whenever called upon. Isaac is generally kindhearted and sociable, enjoying any type of interaction. To this end, Isaac despises being alone or ignored, becoming almost deathly afraid of being completely alone. Isaac, as a result, can be a bit of a pushover doing whatever it takes to earn someone's trust and friendship almost to the point of a complete pushover. Isaac is also easily trusting of others, having a history of being betrayed and literally never seeing it coming. As such, it is plain to his naivety could be his greatest weakness, but his greatest strength as he sees the good in people and is willing to give people a chance to redeem themselves.

History| Isaac came from a run of the mill home in a run of the mill city with run of the mill parents. Born in the suburbs of Boston in the United States, Isaac grew up the youngest child with an older brother and sister. His parents and siblings were nurturing, giving Isaac a childhood that balanced work, personal responsibilities, social gatherings and all around fun. One could call this sheltering the boy from the pains outside world, likely leading to Isaac's nativity. One could also call this a rather ideal childhood.

Isaac attended school like anyone else, but showed little enthusiasm for studying. Instead of spending any time studying or doing his homework, Isaac would spend them investing in other hobbies. There was rarely a day we wasn't planning some activity for his friends, or organizing a party for someone for no reason other than to have one. Early on, Isaac showed a love for experimentation and developing himself and his skills rather than studying high end algebra because some witless math teacher told him to ("When would I use that?"). He did find some enjoyment in school however, favoring English and Art class. It was those classes that piqued Isaac's interest enough for him to bother trying. Regardless, Isaac's obsessions grew exponentially, growing fond of video games, foreign cultures, sports, board games, collecting, etc. It was in this period of elementary and middle school that Isaac found the perfect balance between school and his growing list of hobbies. Despite barely finding time for schoolwork, he squeezed out a B average, surprising his whole family.

As Isaac grew older so did his lack of satisfaction with school. When high school started, Isaac's grades experienced a sharp drop. Clubs, sports teams, new friends, hanging out and parties were all of greater importance than studying and worrying about the next assignment. Freshman year was all about connecting with new people. Sophomore year became about experimenting with new things. Junior year became about finding out who he was. Senior year became about finding out what to do next with his life. Each year, Isaac tried to do something to find his true calling in life and as such his grades experienced a drop accordingly. Of course, his parents grew increasingly concerned as time went on even getting their baby son a tutor in his Junior year to help bring up his struggling grades. He made a promise to maintain a C average. He kept it if only thanks to his As and Bs in art, English and gym class. Meanwhile, Isaac joined multiple school plays, bands, sports teams and clubs, expanding his interests to a very long list. He even obtained some employment, though many of his jobs were short lived because of his limited time and patience for repetition.

Following his graduation, Isaac enrolled in his local community college not for the education but only for the networking opportunities, as he is self aware enough to realize he is not sharpest tool in the shed.

pokémon world

1116-rainbow-dash-silhouette-facebook-cover.jpg

Alias| Dash (As in Rainbow Dash)
    Gender| Male
    Age| 13

Appearance| A product of Isaac's healthy obsession with My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, his avatar is heavily influenced by his favorite pony Rainbow Dash. As a result, Dash has an…unique appearance to say the least and one that shows Isaac spent a great deal of time customizing every last detail.

Dash's hair is a brilliantly tailored mix of literally the seven colors of the rainbow. The vibrant colors appear as clearly defined streaks through his long nearly shoulder length "mane." It should be noted that it appears his hair glistens in the sun at times, enchaining the effect of the rainbow. Equally powerful are Dash's red eyes. Well the red is not as bold as the streak of red in his hair, it is far from being subtle by any stretch of the imagination. Matching the energetic nature of his hair and eyes, Dash has a clean youthful face fitting a 13 year old boy with a wide smile (though he is guilty of smirking more anything, as if he playing up the Rainbow Dash in his personality) and a sense of danger about him. Dash retains Isaac's peachy skin, with more evidence of tanning however. What is not retain is Isaac's broken nose, with Dash getting a thin nose that is line with Dash's thin cheeks and slightly long face.

Clothing wise, the wardrobe feels quite tame in comparison to the everything from the shoulders up. Dash wears a light blue t-shirt with Rainbow's Dash "cutie mark" embroidered on the chest (http://ih3.redbubble.net/image.10446824.4914/fig,baby_blue,mens,ffffff.jpg for reference). Over this finely made shirt, Dash wears a black leather "bomber" jacket with a hood to protect him from the virtual elements. Additionally, this jacket has the "cutie mark" stitched on the left sleeve of the coat. Dash wears loose yet comfortable light blue jeans seemingly held up by a black leather belt, though it is actually there just for style. The belt continues the cutie mark motif with a buckle made in a similar style. White and light blue sneakers with a rainbow streak across them dress Dash's feet.

Isaac sourced up his avatar with a few accessories to complete the image he had in mind. First and foremost is Dash's black sunglasses, which rarely leave his head in some manner. Whether they are worn over his eyes or mingling with his hair on his forehead, Dash prides himself on these glasses treasuring their glory. A single wristband is worn on his right wrist while a black sports watch in on his left one. Isaac considered piercings, but chose not to at the last minute leaving Dash pristine in that regard. Jewelry is also missing, considering it gets in the way when one needs to run and such keeping Dash practical.

Overall (aside from the obvious eccentricities), Dash is physically not too different than Isaac with a thin yet athletic physique with long legs and arms. Of course, Dash is a fair bit shorter, standing about 5"6 and weighing around 120 pounds. What is more apparent is how ready Dash feels for action, just screaming to show off his athleticism.

Starter Pokémon| MUDKIPZ No, but seriously Mudkip.
    258.gif

Pokédex Color| Is Rainbow an option?

roleplay sample
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Charzeon

Pedigree Breeder
    Years
  • Name| Sara Goodman
    Gender| Female
    Age| 20

Appearance| Sara is 5 feet, 6 inches with white skin and is of a slim build. She has medium-long, auburn hair with some darker red streaks she dyed in. Her wide eyes are of a brown-green color with long eye lashes. Sara's left arm is shorter then her right by a couple inches. Her legs are also fairly slim and her feet are around a size 7. She has a scar across her neck, which was caused when she slipped on some sharp pieces of glass.

Sara wears a red shirt with a black stripe going through the middle. She wears a white vest over the top. She also wears a light blue pair of jeans with a chain going across the pockets. Sara has a pair of black running shoes and the same color socks with the top part having a white band. She has a red bracelet on her left wrist with a silver horse on it and a flower hair clip to keep her bangs out of her eyes. She also has about five thin bracelets on her right wrist with varying shades of green.

Personality| Sara is a more laid-back kind of girl who doesn't really care about the world around her. She more do things that she likes no matter what anyone else think or what it may actually be, though she may stop if it it is hurting someone or something. Maybe. This all really depends on how much she likes you. Though she is almost always calm, she can hide her real emotions inside her and usually doesn't show them to anyone, especially if she is angry at that person for any reason.

Sara also looks for knowledge where ever she may find it. Be it from books, the internet, or talking to certain people. She doesn't aim to know everything, but to at least be a jack-of-all-trades is her prime objective. Again despite the way she acts around people, she also has a hard time trusting people. It is usually very hard for her to really talk with people or making friends. A quick conversation is nice but unless you got her interest or she wants to learn something from you you better end it quick, or else she's just end it for you.

History| Sara was born to your average middle class family in a small town in Northern Ontario (Canada). Her childhood was fairly normal though she spent a lot of time in the out doors, exploring and even camping out for her weekends by herself. She loved how simple nature was and how easy it was to get along with the wild animals there. Sara loved reading at an early age and often had her nose in a book, shunning her other class mates who either ignored her or tried to bully her. At the same time she joined programs that promoted outdoor activity and was able to get a scholarship to become a forest ranger.

This was part of the reason that Sara got into the Pokemon series. She immersed herself in the world where it was her dream come true; going on an adventure with just you and animals you know you can depend on. Sara bought all of the mainstream games and a few of the spin-offs, loving every minuet she spent in that world.

After she graduated high school Sara joined the rangers that gave her the scholarship and started a successful career as one of them. Though at the same time she still played the Pokemon games and longed to be in that world. When she got the e-mail to try out the new virtual reality game, Sara didn't hesitate for a second.

pokémon world

Alias| WeepWillow
    Gender| Female
    Age| 13

Appearance| Sara is around five feet five inches with dark tanned skin and a very slim build. She has long, dark red hair done up in a ponytail with some white dye at the end. She has a oval shaped face and her eyes eyes are small and are a light green in colour.

Sara's clothing include a red tank-top with a jacket that looks like this but white in colour, the sleeves ending at the elbow and a Pokeball design on the back. Her pants are smoke grey skinny jeans with a belt that has the wing of a Togekiss as a belt buckle and she wears white slip-ons. Sara has a red bandana with some white flames on it on her neck, and a gold bracelet in the shape of a Serperior eating its own tail on her right wrist.

Starter Pokémon| Archen
    566.png

Pokédex Color| White

Random Sample: (The following is from a video game rp forum I also rp in. Hence the mesh-match of different video games.)

Spoiler:

King!

better
    Years
  • Oh, I can immediately envisage some really interesting interaction/story between your character and mine xD We'll see~

xD Yeah, that could definitely get interesting omg

But hmm...I wonder, if your avatar is of the opposite sex, when you write would your posts be written like...as if you were the person or you were the avatar? Like as a girl playing as a boy, would posts be like 'him, his, etc...' or 'her, hers, etc.'? I was wondering about that while I made the SU x3

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    @ Charzeon & Ichiro - I'll have to really think about it and look at all the previous SUs first before I can consider letting you guys sign up. Thanks for the interest though :3

@ King - I'll be writing as the avatar, meaning "him/he/his". Because they aren't even wearing a helmet and playing the game, they pretty much are inside the game now and there they are their avatar.

EVERYONE - I think I'll accept players in a day or two so for everyone who posted in this thread before I said that new SUs were closed, get your SU up as soon as you can :3

Last edited:

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
    Years
  • Eh, jus... Just forget that I showed my interest in this. I won't be making an SU. It's not that I don't like the idea of this RP, if I hadn't then I wouldn't have thought about joining at all, it's just that I come here now and see all of these SUs. All of these awesome SUs made by RPers that I've never RPed together with let alone known about. These SUs are long and detailed and have that little special extra and whatnot. For me as a pretty mediocre RPer to create something like this, I would need some time to really perfect it. If I would've just done something now in one or two days, it would've been completely torn to pieces and preyed upon by the other SUs. I feel like mine would never really make it. Plus, I've realized my limit, and this is a bit over that limit. So I'm not sure that my grades would turn out that good, and I'm not willing to sacrifice that.

Point being, everything just feels like "Errrgghhh..." and I'm not attempting to join this RP because an SU made in one or two days wouldn't be on par with every one else's.

But I still wish you good luck RHCP on being a GM in this, and also to all the participants in this RP. It would've been fun to RP with you, but I just can't.

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
    Years
  • @RHCP: It should be the very first image.... It exactly looks like him in the Pkmn World... Anyways, I'll just lengthen the SU a bit...

EDIT: I edited the SU. It's more longer... And I added simple CSS...

Last edited:
    Back