• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which Gen IV Pokemon didn't you like?

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Purugly: Glameow is really cute but has to evolve into that ugly thing? Maybe that's why it's called Purugly/s].
Bidoof/Bibarel: They're just so derpy looking and pretty weak. Bibarel's typing doesn't help much just makes it's learn more HMs. Which is basically the only thing they're useful for.
Probopass: I don't really like Nosepass that much either but at least it's a bit cooler. Plus it's cry is just creepy
Tangrowth Same as Probopas basically. I thought Tangela was pretty weird as a kid.But then they make it weirder by giving it an evolution? And what's up with the long arm? Plus it's slower than it's pre evo? WTF
Cherrim's normal form It's Sunshine form is really cute but it's normal form when it's all folded up is just weird.
Burmy family All of them are weak and useless. Awful stats and bad range of moves. Plus their designs are pretty bad. Burmy looks weird without it's "cloak" thing. No really what is this?
Spoiler:

Miss Anne Thrope

Disgusted
Years
I wasn't really a fan of any of the starter's final evolutions.
Some of the evolutions they gave to Pokemon of previous generations were awesome, but others failed in design. Magnezone, Probopass, Tangrowth.
I hated Ambipom at first but after it popping up every other episode in the anime, it grew on me and I like it now.
Of course there's the "oh God why" Pokemon, one's that are hideous and really have no purpose because they are fairly week. Bibarel (I guess a good HM slave,) Kricketune, Wormadam, Purugly.

Years
Well 4th Generation really didn't impress me at all as far as Pokemon selection. To be honest, the shorter list of the two would be "Which Sinnoh Pokemon did you like?" Granted, I'm not taking stats into consideration, only aesthetics

I disliked almost all the new evolutions, the main exceptions being Mismagnus and the 2 Eeveelutions.

Bidoof is ridiculous

Dialga and Palkia are the weakest of the legendaries design-wise by a long shot.

I mean, alot of them have grown on me, but when the game first came out, I nearly stopped playing because I just couldn't take many of the designs serioulsy.

I find it odd because I like the majority of the B/W designs. I think at the end of the day I just reallllly dislike the majority of the new evolutions, there just so bad. I mean, even down to how they are named. They couldn't come up with a better name than "Lickylicky"?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Burmy line: This was listed as the #1 worst Pokemon of all time for its wasted gimmick, horrid stats and movepool, and a tiresome dual typing (Bug/Flying) for its male evolution.

Finneon line: Like all generic fish Pokemon, they're just filler.

Cherubi line: Its stats and movepool are terrible for it to be used.

Kriketot line: Thankfully, this was one the last horrid early route Bug type before GF got things right for Bugs in BW.

Back