• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Origins (IC)

Cosmic Fury

[color=red][I][css-div="font-size: 12px; font-vari
Years
  • Adrian Draegar
    Chapter 2 -- Taking Out the Trash

__________________________________________​

"Ugh, it's more primitive than I imagined!" The Larvesta had refused out of pride to get into her Pokeball, and yet she was regretting every second of it. In light of that, she was constantly becoming more threatening to the local wildlife by the minute.

It wasn't that long before everyone else started encountering local Pokemon, and she was constantly getting more and more agitated with each one she saw, until at last a Ratatta blocked their path.

Supernova wasn't concerned at all about the low level of her opponent. It was the fact that it was a rat that really made her angry, and this base creature had deliberately stepped into her path!

She even barely heard Adrian encouraging her to take to the field before she was already preparing to attack.

"Alright, it's all yours. Remember the strategy we devised back home about stuff like this." Adrian merely let her rush into the field. "Remember, keep your cool if you can."

Luckily for the Larvesta, she had already devised that same plan, and she had calmed down enough to think about what she was doing. She had already taken her position in the field, and calmly sat there, and insulted the Ratatta in words that would make anyone (or anything) fly into a complete rage.

Since no rat ever liked being called a useless, moving piece of trash, never mind being compared to something as offensive as a Trubbish, it was already in a frenzy, and was already running full tilt at Supernova.

By the time it realized it was suckered, the bug had already pelted its two front legs with enough String Shot to stop it cold in its tracks. Then she simply let loose her own pent-up anger and let her strongest Ember loose.

As the Rattata was shouting out some rather strong insults, it tried to release itself from the burning String Shot and run at full tilt towards Supernova. However, it was already too badly damaged, and just as it was breaking free, the much stronger Larvesta was already hammering away at it with another Ember attack.

It only took that next hit to take the rat out of commission, and Larvesta was already going back to Adrian's side. "Well, I cleared the path. Shall we get moving?"

"Sure, but it seems that you've angered its friends." He pointed over further down the path to reveal a Mankey. "Just remember, defeat it before you anger it THIS time. They can be pretty powerful when they've got no regard at all for their own safety."

Unfortunately, there was nothing at all to worry about in the way of angering the monkey -- it was already in a rage.

-----------------------

Defeated Ratatta, level 2. Now up against Mankey, level 6.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • Let's get DANGEROUS

Suanne and her Riolu started walking along with the group. She wondered what would happen if terrors from another universe were to pop in; all she had to do was jump in front, declare "HALT!" and the bad guys would tremble in fear. A really good plan! Soon, she noticed a few others had encountered their first wild pokemon around the fields. But where was her wild pokemon? She was either too slow, or... maybe the pokemon just didn't like her. Aw, but who can dislike a heroine? That was the 6th rule - all citizens love heroines.

Soon, that point proved to be authentic as she heard rustling nearby. The others didn't seem to notice, as she broke formation from the group, and head over to the sound as quickly as she could. Her Riolu, Excalibur, followed after.

"Ri!" (Is there something yummy in there?) Excalibur asked, obviously with an empty... stomach.

"Be quiet, Excalibur!" warned Suzanne. "Diligence is key! Don't worry; our moment to strike will be soon! And you know what they say - whoever gets the best first strike will be the winner!" Rilou nodded, as soon the vigilant foe became clearer - it was a lone Sandshew, apparently looking for loose berries.

"Shrew..." (Once again, that Ekans came here before me...) it regretted, followed up with a sigh. It appeared to be a lonely, yet strangely appealing pokemon to Suzanne. It was time for a new recruit. But first... she opened her pokedex.

Sandshrew, the mouse pokemon, eh? Suzanne thought. When in danger, it rolls up its body to withstand attacks... She put the pokedex away and turned towards Excalibur. "Okay! You know what to do!"

"Lu?" (I do?) asked Excalibur, with a confused blink.

"Use your quick attack of justice!" Suzanne than ordered. "We'll get the first strike, remember?"

"Ri-olu! Riiii.. Lu..." (Oh yeah, of course! Juuuuust imagine me, getting that first slice of cake first.. mmm.. cake...) cried Excalibur, as he finally obeyed. He readied himself, then charged in head first, straight towards the wild Sandshrew. Unfortunately, the Sandshrew non-nonchalantly ducked out of the way, just in time for Excalibur to have a one-way ticket towards the nearby tree. That plan worked better, in Suzanne's mind. The wild Sandshrew turned to it's failed attacker.

"Shrew?" (What's... this?) it asked as it peered down towards the fallen Riolu. It scratched it's little mousey head gently, to get an understanding. Soon Excalibur was back on it's feet, but, it felt a little... off.

"Riiiiiiiii...Olllll... Luu..." (Oh herrrrro... Mr... Cupcake...) Excalibur said, obviously delirious from the bump on it's head.

Suzanne leaped across the bushes to see what was going on. Of course, her good ol' Rilou was confronting the enemy without her, so, it was time for a command! At least, the best one she can muster up. "Excalibur! Try a Bullet Punch!"

"Riiii...Luuuu?" (A Bullet.. Brunch?) it replied, still confused. "Ri! LU!" (That's INCREAD-I-BLEEE! WHAT WILL THEY THINK OF NEXT...)

The Sandshrew wasted no time replying with a swift scratch attack, cleanly scratching all over Excalibur's face. It fell down, but soon, it shook its head vigorously, and slowly got back up on it's paws. It seemed to have recovered, but... it became disappointed - enraged, even, at that Sandshrew.

"Ri?! Ri! Olu!" (What?! You're not Mr.Cupcake! You must PERISH!) it said, as it soon gave a Bullet Punch attack right towards Sandshrew's gut, making it stumble a bit.

"Sand?!" (Oh yeah?!) retorted the Sandshrew, as it prepared a rollout attack, straight towards Excalibur.

"Heroes never panic!" cried Suzanne. "When it gets close.. counter it!"

Excalibur nodded as it stood it's ground. Soon the Sandshrew rushed it, as Riolu dodged out of the way at the last second, making the Sandshrew tumble a bit, back on it's feet. Er.. paws. Excalibur then jumped up, and delivered a swift Quick attack right on top of it's head, as the Sandshrew then collapsed.

Oh! It's tiiiime! thought Suanne, as she quickly gathered one of her empty pokeball. "Go, my JUSTICE BALL!" She threw it straight towards the fallen Sandshrew, as the pokeball opened up, and sealed the Sandshrew inside.

It shook one.
    Then Twice.
    Then thrice....

Then Bing! The foe as been captured! Suzanne gleamed in excitement as she reached over towards her newly captured pokemon. "I shall dub you! Earth! The gentle little giant!"

"Riolu?" (Can... we eat now?)

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    "Here is your Houndour, he has fully recovered luckily he was asleep during the checkup alot of Pokemon really hate it when we get them pinned down..." Nurse Joy told Leeroy before handing over the Pokeball "Must be their instincts from the wild. As much as we domesticate Pokemon they will always have that fight or flight instinct in them and it will never breed out." Nurse Joy said whilst waving at Leeroy before he left.

"Okay let's not keep you cooped up in this pokeball any longer" Leeroy said in excitement before throwing the ball in the air and in a flash of red light Leeroy's Houndour was standing proud and ready to fight. "Okay lets go quickly before Bill moves on without us!" Leeroy said before running off "Ruff Ruff" *Yes that sounds fantastic!* Ace roared before running after Leeroy leaving only a trail of dust behind them.

"Okay Ace see that monkey in the grass... that is a Mankey, we want to hit it with sludge first so it can be poisoned than use leer before hitting it with ember that should weaken him to a point where capturing him will be easy!" Leeroy said whilst laying in the long grass trying not to be seen by the Pokemon (not noticing that the people walking on the dirt path are looking at him in an oddly fashion) "Go now Houndour!" Leeroy yelled.

The Houndour pounced out of the tall grass but before he could get a good shot the mankey decided to sprint away creating a cat and mouse chase along the route "Mank Mankey!" *Come and Get me!* the mankey yelled as he ran with his arms flailing in the air.
    "well there goes that plan Ace use sludge on the rocks ahead so he trips on it!" leeroy yelled barely keeping up with them. Ace did exactly that before the mankey slipped on the sludge and hitting his head on the rocks rendering him unconscious.

"This was easier than what I had planned" Leeroy said whilst panting. Leeroy threw a Pokeball at the sleeping mankey.

one wriggle... two wriggles... three wriggles... the pokeball stopped moving and bounced once "YES I caught my first Pokemon. Now what are we going to call you" Leeroy exclaimed as he threw the Pokeball at the ground "how about Saruwatari... No to long how about Bonsai that seems like a fitting name for a mankey" Leeroy said whilst patting Ace.

This'll be edited a bit I am just doing assignments at the moment and need to get my mind working

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Bill and Lingwei, the only one who had not run off on her own, reached the top of a hill around noon. There was a little group of trees there to give shade from the blazing sun; Bill had already rolled up the sleeves of his shirt in an attempt to not be overheated. The shadow was very welcome and he sat down with a sigh against one of the thick tree stems on the hill. A light breeze made his hair flutter in front of his face, until he whisked it away with his hand.

He looked back at the other trainer and announced that they should make some lunch. After a common effort around a half-bad campfire, they sat with one portion of food each, mostly sunken in thoughts about their adventure.

Bill got up after finishing his own plate, and took an afterlunch stroll to the other side of the generally large hill. He found a stone wall, no higher than his waist. A remnant of a time when something other than just a bunch of trees had stood here, probably. Maybe an ancient farm or something. History was fascinating. Bill's forehead got a little wrinkle. But where did the mythological pokémon fit into Kanto's history? He needed to find them and ask them. He could do that. But he needed trainers to help him. Sure, they were here to defend him from the strange villainous team that had emerged. But that was not all...

Suddenly, something rustled on the other side of the wall. Bill bent over the stones - only to find an Ekans screeching into his face. He yelped and leaped back. But the snake crawled over the stone wall and came towards him.

"Ah, I- Bulbasaur!" the researcher shouted, knowing very well that as a pokémon trainer he could use his pokémon to defend himself in the wild. He had done that before. Just not against other trainers; to battle with someone who actually had a strategy in mind, that sounded really tedious to him. Wild pokémon mostly fought out of instinct and could be outsmarted.

At the calling, Bulbasaur sprung out from the pokéball fastened by his trainer's belt. He materialized between the man on the ground and the stone wall, and blinked at the Ekans. The snake wasn't intimidated by this adorable blob though. It lounged forward. Bulbasaur was intimidate by the non-adorable reptilian. He ran back behind Bill with a nervous whelp.

"LINGWEI! ANYONE! HELP!" the man screamed as he crawled away from the hissing snake, quickly realizing that him being helpless against something as harmless as this would make him feel endlessly ashamed later.

@ Doronjo

Excalibur grew to Lv 7!
    Suzanne captured a female Sandshrew at Lv 6!

@ chuckleslucifer
    No need to edit, since I posted at the same time as you :p Make another post instead~

Leeroy captured a male Mankey at Lv 6!

Last edited:

Nideous

The world refused to change...
    Years
  • A carefree heart! - The Not Forgotten Title!

"Come on Luke, let's battle!" Kyle said. He looked at the tired Fira and the pokeball containing Quake, and grinned. Then he took a step back, and Rattata leapt to the ground. Wait, Luke didn't even get a choice?! Fira yapped at the mouse and moved forward to sniff at it immediately. The mouse squeaked curiously at her and her little tails began to wag. Luke paused, then he heard a shout for help nearby. It sounded like Bill! Oh right Bill! The man responsible for getting him on this journey! The person he was charged to protect! Fearing the worst, he called Fira into her pokeball and ran past Kyle.

"We're gonna have to battle later! I gotta go!" Luke shouted. Kyle looked confused and unsettled, but he didn't follow. maybe the youngster was going to battle someone else? Who knows. Luke ran as fast as he could, putting Fira's pokeball on his belt so he did not lose it. Soon, the camp came into view, and Bill was face to face with an ekans, and it looked angry. Ekans was a Poison Type, Luke had seen them a lot before. He and Fira usually ran from them, as she was scared of the snakes, but this time was different. He grabbed his second pokeball, and tossed it, placing his Sandshrew between the trainer and the snake.

"Quake!" he called, and the sandshrew regarded the ekans with annoyance. Luke paused, not sure what to do now, though Quake was not scared in the slightest... Ok, maybe a little... But he would fight if he had to. But what now? He ran to Bill's side and offered him a hand up.

"You ok? Quake, use Defense Curl!" he said, turning back to the ground mouse, who curled up tight, his shell looking very tough and strong. He wondered if anyone else would jump in the fight, or if he would have to handle this himself. He hoped so. He would be a terrible guardian if he was unable to handle a simple ekans.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Luke came to his rescue! Bill thankfully grabbed the boy's hand and got back up on his feet. The Ekans hissed loudly at the newcoming Sandshrew, who used a defensive attack rather than attack back immediately. Bill felt the shame come over him and his cheeks turned red.

"I, um. I'm okay. I was just startled by it. And Bulbasaur isn't much of a fighter, but..." He looked back at the snake and tried to steel himself. Then he turned to Luke again. "I didn't hire you guys to protect me from petty wild pokémon, so I am sorry that I called you over here!" he said. Oh no, why did he say that? Made it even more awkward. Now Luke was here, battle ready, so Bill should not try to take the battle back. It wasn't like he wanted to anyways.

"But... Thanks," he therefore added before giving his own pokémon a weak kick in the side on the ground. "Bulbasaur, come on now! Help them out with Leech Seed on Ekans and I'm sure they'll take..."

Before he finished, a second snake crawled up from behind the low stone wall. It didn't seem too friendly with the first one, but certainly not friendly at all towards the guys either.

"Okay!" Bill said, slightly high-pitched. "One each then, Luke? But first - Bulbasaur, Leech Seed... On both!"

Bulbasaur swallowed hard, trying to force its nervousness away before it stepped forward. The bulb on its back shuddered a little, and then a bunch of yellowish seeds were flung out. Luckily enough, they struck both Ekans and sprouted little vines that irritated the skin and absorbed energy from the purple snakes over time.

The first Ekans, which was on the ground in front of Quake, merely shuddered and then ignored the Leech Seeds before bringing its focus back to the ground type. The Ekans who was still up on the wall, on the other hand, writhed as if it was angry at the seeds, before it turned with fiery eyes towards poor Bulbasaur.

"Uh-oh..." Bill murmured.​

Nideous

The world refused to change...
    Years
  • A Carefree Heart - Time to fight!

Luke smiled a bit as Bill began explaining that he had only been startled by the snake, and that he hadn't needed to come. But Luke simply chuckled just a little bit and nodded.

"Hey, don't worry about it! I'm your friend, I don't mind..." he said, his face kind of falling as Bill turned and gave his bulbasaur a light kick and told him to fight, despite how obviously scared he was. That was not a good thing, and it immediately upset the boy. But another ekans appeared before Luke could say anything, and Bulbasaur used Leech Seed on both snakes, one of which slithered forward and used Wrap on the curled up Quake. Quake let out a muffled squeak of annoyance, and Luke knew he had to fight, not chastise Bill.

"Ok Quake, now use Rollout!" Luke said. Being curled up as he was, the Wrap only meant Ekans was tangled all around him as he began spinning wildly, grinding the ekans that was coiled around him before bursting free and rolling away a little, turning back and moving right at that ekans again. Luke also knew he was tired from battling Fira... And his hand drifted to her pokeball. She was also tired, probably more so than him. Still, the simple plan had worked, Quake was barely hurt by the Wrap, but Ekans was left pretty weak. The snake opened fire with Poison Sting as Quake charged, moving a little bit faster, blasting toward the snake with anger. He looked over at Bill to see how he was doing.

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
    Years
  • 初发芙蓉

n. blooming hibiscus; adj. natural freshness

Not particularly willing to lead the charge - is that really the right word? reckless advance is more like it (not that she doesn't appreciate a good reckless advance, but she doesn't really think this is the correct time) - towards the oncoming Route, Lingwei walks at a more leisurely pace towards the tall grass of the avenue. The first part of the trail is lightly forested, vestiges of the forest to the south creeping into the landscape here, and trainers are abundant; she can already see some members of the group scattering, off to engage in such exciting activities as battling the resident trainers and capturing wild Pokémon.

The stony cliffs to their north are a slightly oppressive fixture to the environment, she feels, as she continues her trek and actively scouts for a possible addition to her currently sparse lineup. Not to begrudge the fact that I only have Mian, but... it'd be hard for him to fight everything, considering. She is rather disappointed to see that the results of her survey return largely avian and insectile Pokémon, since neither is particularly ideal (though insects, she supposes, do aid in dealing with mental users, should they come to that eventuality).

Thankfully, she is spared from actually having to make a decision by the dispersal of the remainder of the group, and judges that it would be a much better idea at this point for her to stay regardless of the prospects of finding a suitable Pokémon to recruit; the primary objective of the trip, after all, is to – um, escort, right – Bill, and she'd be doing a pretty poor job of it if she were to wander off as well.

Time passes, and the sun reaches its zenith in the sky. She acquiesces to the suggestion of resting and eating lunch, but is unable to comprehend why a campfire is necessary or even desirable for the occasion; nevertheless, she offers her assistance in its construction, however meagre the amount of her contribution may be. The following prandial hour is relatively quiet, accentuated only by the crackling of flames, and she takes the time to observe the researcher opposite her in silence, more self-conscious than usual with her own behaviour.

Feeling a little lethargic after the meal, she politely acknowledges Bill's departure with the reassurance that she would make sure of her presence in his vicinity, as long as he doesn't wander too far, and stands up as well, intending to practice some forms in an effort to do some light exercise. She is hardly able to get through eight or nine, however, before she hears a cry erupt from the other end of the hill. Her body tenses before relaxing in the next instant; even from a distance, she is able to spot what kind of trouble Bill had encountered, and in any case Lucas is already in travel towards both Bill and the purple snake (Pokémon? Presumably Ekans). She begins to move in the general direction as well at a much slower pace, but accelerates when she sees the appearance of a second specimen of the same variety.

Upon arrival, she finds a Sandshrew - a new acquisition by Lucas, probably - already locked into combat with one of the Ekans; the other, unfortunately, seems to be staring in a threatening fashion at Bill's Bulbasaur, whose fearful demeanor does not escape her notice. She settles into the opening form of her less-practiced style, ready to step forward and slice at the imminent threat with her right palm, her hand stopping briefly near her head in greeting; Mian, meanwhile, assumes a similar stance of preparation, though of course without the latter component.

"Are you alright, Mr. Sonezaki? Do you require assistance?" The second part of the statement is accompanied by a light gesture towards the Ekans, indicative of their ability to fight in Bulbasaur's stead.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Luke's Sandshrew did well against the first Ekans, but the second one made a dangerous dance around the nervous Bulbasaur in front of Bill. He had to learn how to fight! He did know Bulbasaur's attacks, he just didn't use them very often. As Bulbasaur crouched in the tall grass, Bill decided to try something, just as Luke glanced over to see how he was doing.

"Tackle!" he shouted out. Bulbasaur did as it was told and hit Ekans with a side tackle to its middle body. It seemed to hurt, but also antagonize the snake further. Seemed to be a tough one. Probably a female, Bill found himself thinking out of nowhere.

Speaking of tough females, another voice was heard just then. "Are you alright, Mr. Sonezaki? Do you require assistance?"

It was Lingwei! The girl had left the redundant campfire when she had heard his desperate call for help. Oh, he flushed even more now. This was such an embarrassing start on the journey. He was supposed to be their leader but he turned out to be worthless.

"No, thank you! I'm fine really, haha!" he said, straightening up just as Ekans lounged towards his pokémon with a Poison Sting. It hit and Bulbasaur cried. But it quickly looked up again. Aha, Bill realized with a smile. Bulbasaur was a poison type too! It wouldn't get poisoned by some petty snake attack. He could do this. They could do this. Maybe. The Leech Seed from earlier finally seemed to have taken its toll on the pokémon, also.

"Um, Bulbasaur, use Sludge!" He knew very well that this wouldn't poison the snake either, but at least it would be very unpleasant and maybe lower the slithering creature's speed. Bulbasaur's bulb wiggled and then threw up a gray purple-ish sludge, for lack of a better word to describe it. Ekans half avoided it, but its lower body got drenched and the substance melted into the ground some, making the soil underneath the snake slippery. It hissed and threw a dangerous Leer at the grass type, who flinched.

Bill ran up to his pokémon and put an arm over its bulb. "Come on now, we can do this! I'll join you to if I need to! I can kick, you know?"

Bulbasaur looked terrified at the thought that a human would fight for him. That just wasn't done. That was a sort of ultimate shame for a pokémon. At least where he came from. So instead he made a barking noise and set off with a Tackle towards the snake, hit its neck and made it slam into the stone wall behind them. After one last hissing, the female Ekans finally fainted.

Bill panted, and he hadn't even moved a lot. He just noticed that his heart was beating in super speed. "That was... Hrm, special," he said, turning slowly to Lingwei for some kind of confirmation. Then he looked at Luke to see if his battle with the other snake had gone better or worse.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Entrance to Mt. Moon

When Bill's team has finally gone through their first route at various paces, captured some pokémon or battled some trainers, they all meet up at the Pokémon Center near the entrance to the Mt. Moon tunnel. There is a sort of village here, with only a couple of houses, a restaurant/tavern and the Pokémon Center. People with pokémon licenses can stay for free at the Center, while other people have to spend the night at the tavern instead. Strangely, there is no shop for trainer items here. Only food.

3_zps91db2fcc.png

The area near the entrance to the mountain tunnel is lush for a mountain area, but a little colder than down in the valleys where the cities lie. Pokémon stay away from this patch of human settlement so there are no wild pokémon to be captured before you enter the cave.

Instructions:

For now, just make your character ends up near the pokémon center in the evening when you feel like you are done on Route 3! I'll make sure Bill finds you and gathers the group again.

Remember that I will give you experience points when I think your pokémon has grown.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023

As Leeroy ran through the rocky terrain, he came to a halt by a tall boy around the age of 15 to 16 with closed eyes. The boy had spiky brown hair, and wore a green vest which had four large pockets on the front. Under it was an orange short-sleeved shirt, accompanied by brown pants and blue and white sneakers. On either side of his belt, which was black with a gold rectangular buckle, he had attached brown belt pockets.

"Hey, I saw you capture that Mankey back there. It was funny to watch you and that Houndour scramble around the place, trying to keep up with it." The mysterious boy said with a chuckle.

"Well, I can definitely tell you that I was not prepared for it to move that quickly." Leeroy replied with a laugh and a sigh.

"I see you must be a Pokemon Trainer, since you're running around and trying to catch Pokemon." The other boy smirked.

"Yes, I am a Pokemon trainer; I'm looking for a man named Bill. I think he did that box system thingy that was all over the news and whatnot. He should be traveling with a group of kids, have you seen him by any chance?" Leeroy asked politely.

"Hmm. A man named Bill, eh? I think I passed a group like that on the way back from Mount Moon. They may be going into the mountain to train; I didn't really listen in on their conversation, since I was occupied with other things at the time. If you are trying to get back to them, that means you're going train in Mount Moon so you are powerful enough to challenge the Pewter City Gym, right?" The boy said with a puzzled look.

"Yeah, I want to challenge that Gym Leader eventually. That's why I'm training my Pokémon out here and hopefully give them some experience with strong Pokemon" Leeroy replied.

"Not to come across as rude or anything though the Gym Leader might be hard to defeat with a Fire Pokemon... Fire is not so good against Rock and Ground. Luckily you have a Mankey he is a fighting type so that will help you out with the rock bit." the boy said politely trying not to anger him

"Yeah I am looking for a Water Pokemon or a Grass Pokemon out here." Leeroy replied hoping the boy could shed some light on the subject.

The mysterious boy shook his head with a frown before saying "You will not find any Grass or Water pokemon around here that is why some people find Pewter City gym one of the hardest"

"Well I am glad to be of assistance but look at the time! I have to get back to Pewter City." The boy said

"Okay, hope to meet you again someday." Leeroy said before they shook hands and began running towards their destinations.

"Hmm, he seems familiar somehow... Well, let's go Ace. We need to get to Mount Moon before Bill and the others get too far!" Leeroy told Ace.

After 10 minutes of running Leeroy could see a small town before him but he still had a long patch to run.

Before continuing on he remembered something that the boy from earlier said "Fire is not so good against Rock and Ground"

"Darn I need a Pokemon that is strong against rock and ground especially since Mount Moon will be crawling with them at least I have Mankey, he is a fighting type but that only covers me for the Rock-Types... well the next Pokemon I see better be a Grass Pokemon!" Leeroy exclaimed with a face palm.

As Leeroy closed in on the small settlement 3 bat-like Pokemon flew straight at Ace.

527.gif
    527.gif
    527.gif

"Bonsai GO!... you two Ace!... Bonsai use Scratch on the one on the right, Ace use ember on the one on the left!" Leeroy yelled with a moments notice

Bonsai and Ace nodded in acceptance before doing exactly what Leeroy had ordered (with slo-mo) the Woobat on the right dodged the scratch before hitting back with a Gust which in turn hit Bonsai leaving him injured but still able to fight. The Woobat on the left was hit with the ember before using Screech and flying away but Ace wasn't done yet he chased it down and used ember again this time fainting the Woobat. With Bonsai nearly out and Ace a few metres away the 2 remaining Woobat attacked Bonsai with gust but before you could say Pokemon Ace appeared and took the hit for Bonsai with little effect on Ace the 2 stood up and together hit the middle Woobat with an Ember and Low Kick resulting in the middle woobat to faint this leaving the middle Woobat hurt but not yet fainted.

"Go... Pokeball!!!" Leeroy yelled.

but before the ball hit Woobat, he attacked Ace and Bonsai with a final gust, knocking Bonsai out and leaving Ace in a very bad state. Once the Pokeball had hit Woobat he was taken in and the ball shook once... twice... it stopped moving but nothing happened... it shook again before it stopped moving and Woobat was caught.

"JESUS! how did I get into this I better get to that Village up ahead or my Pokemon are as good as dead!" Leeroy said to himself as he returned all of his Pokemon to their pokeballs and running off.

Finally as Leeroy walked into the village he spotted the Pokemon Center, it was around noon at the time since his watch didn't work and he had long lost the manual to figure out how to fix it, so Leeroy decided on sending his Pokemon to the Pokemon Center for healing.

"Excuse me can I have my Pokemon healed I was just ambushed by 3 Pokemon outside the village more onto route 3" Leeroy said to Nurse Joy.

"Oh well you do know that some Wild Pokemon become jealous of pokemon with a trainer" Nurse Joy replied.

"Well they will be healthy tomorrow so you better get some rest or maybe even have a look around" Nurse Joy said before waving ta-da to Leeroy.

As Leeroy walked around the small village he noticed a tavern and decided to go there for the night but before he made any reservations he heard someone say "The Pokemon Center allows trainers to stay overnight" so without further ado he ran back to the Pokemon Center and asked for a room. Leeroy looking at the room he was presented he decided that it was fit for a night and placed his bags down and walked outside to experience the spectacular sundown over Mt. Moon.

Who was that mysterious boy on route 3 and where is Bill... all will be revealed in time

((OOC: I can hopefully/finally meet up with you guys, it's okay if you bunny with me a little like making me notice that you guys are bill and whatnot :D))

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    @ chuckleslucifer

Ace grew to Lv 8 and learned Smog!
    Bonsai grew to Lv 7!
    Leeroy caught a female Woobat at Lv 6!

Cosmic Fury

[color=red][I][css-div="font-size: 12px; font-vari
    Years
  • Adrian Draegar
    Chapter 3: A Fight to Remember

"Alright, so I'll walk you through this one, Supernova. No need to go and cut loose until I tell you that you can." Adrian's face was set in a resolute expression. He had never lost a fight, and this wasn't time to put a stain on his reputation.

"Fine. But when we're done, I get the last laugh." The Larvesta gave such a strong glare that it could very well have curdled even the angry Mankey's blood.

Even so, the thing charged forward, and Adrian's mind set itself in motion at the same time. "Move to the left and fire your String Shot at the legs."

The Larvesta complied, and as the Mankey was preparing to launch a Karate Chop at the bug, it found the thing moving aside with blazing speed, only to tangle its feet up something horribly sticky.

"Keep on going! Hit its left arm!" Adrian watched as the bug finished with its legs and then pinned its dominant arm to its legs as it tried to free itself from its bonds. Just before it could free itself, he shouted at the Larvesta. "Good job! Now back off, cloak yourself in your best Ember attack, and then charge at it!"

"Why the heck would I do that?" The bug was always irritable after she put out too much of the sticky stuff, and today was no exception.

"You want to beat that thing down? Then do it!" She did just as she was told, and by this time, the Mankey had untangled its feet from the ground. The Mankey was trying to free its dominant arm from the rest of the String Shot when the Larvesta got close.

"Now's the time! Finish it with Zen Headbutt!" He smiled as the Larvesta saw what he was doing. She calmed her mind, and focused all her power in smashing into the Mankey head-on.

With her body on fire, the Mankey would catch fire the instant her Ember came into contact with the load of String Shot it was tangled in. That along with the super-effective Zen Headbutt was sure to bring it a world of hurt.

Seeing that, she put all her energy into it, and cut loose on the thing. Before the Mankey could react, it was struck with the full force of its opponent's fury, and down it went. Afflicted by a terrible burn condition as well as being struck hard by a powerful, super-effective attack, it was down for the count.

"See? I told you it would work." Adrian looked with satisfaction on the scene, and watched as the totally defeated Mankey drag itself off. Pity compelled him to toss a Potion its way, which it took and ran off with.

"You never told me that... Well, you didn't specifically say that." She had a mischievous grin on her face. "Still, I already feel stronger. No wonder wild Pokemon last so long out in this sort of environment."

"That's why you should listen to me a bit more often when we get into a nasty situation. I'm a certified genius, after all. I've got proof of it, if you want to see it again." Adrian laughed along with the Larvesta. It was a private joke they shared.

"Remember those Mensa people that tried to come to the house last year? That was epic." Supernova stood by as Adrian brought out an expensive Ether to get her back into shape.

"Yeah, that was so funny it split my sides for a week!" He recalled the people who came to the house after he scored very, very high on an IQ test. They invited him into the club, offering him an opportunity for some very intelligent company. He declined, saying he preferred less intelligent friends, and that the pride and prestige that came with such company was always good for the soul -- and the wallet.

His father was intensely proud of that comment, for some odd reason. However, Adrian still carried the Mensa Club's business card with him -- as a souvenir of the occasion.

"All set?" He was finally done, and that brought him out of his thoughts.

"Yep. Shall we get out of this dump? I can't wait to get to the next town, whatever it is. I can already tell that I need to get clean. All this dirt is a bit distasteful... Have I ever mentioned my dislike of roads?" They both chuckled.

They went and caught up with the others, seeing that the burning String Shot that the Mankey had left behind had been reduced to nothing more than ashes. There was no burn hazard for the countryside, so there was no business left here that either of them needed to attend to.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    @ Cosmic Fury

Supernova grew to Lv 8!

@ Nideous

Quake grew to Lv 8!

@ me

Bulbasaur grew to Lv 6!

Last edited:

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
    Years
  • 新硎初试

n. testing a new blade; exhibiting great ability

Slightly puzzled by the reluctance Bill is exhibiting towards her offered aid, Lingwei nevertheless backs off nonchalantly from the four-Pokemon melee, directing Mian to do the same. She yields to the possibility that Bill wishes to overcome the challenge himself and grow stronger in the process; it's an admirable desire, and the proposition carries with it a distinct lack of risk.

As she begins to watch the proceedings from a bit further off, she is alerted by the sudden stillness of the wind to something awry with the environs. Turning her head in response to the ephemeral sign of warning, she notices just in time two rough-feathered avians with brown plumage in the sky, moving into a diving attack directed at both Mian and herself. Snapping open her Pokedex with one swift motion from her left hand, she frowns imperceptibly at the device's crystal display: it seems to be mentioning something between 'highly territorial' and 'having a wild disposition', and a decent assumption could be made that they are, in fact, encroaching on the territory of these Spearows.

Regardless (or perhaps because of) of how much care she might or might not have taken when they first decided to stop at this specific location for lunch, she takes it upon herself to evict the unwelcome arrivals forcibly. Pushing the Pokedex back into its pouch, she readies herself for conflict a second time while simultaneously motioning Mian forward to confront one of the birds.

The first form of intention is lacerator, slicing away impurity.

Just as the Spearow's beak is about to make close contact with the unprotected skin of her hand, she brings it away and a few degrees to the side. An instant later, the Spearow flies backwards, repulsed by the force of a chopping motion. The amount of punishment is hardly enough to incapacitate it, however, and it recovers itself swiftly, collecting energy into its bill for a more potent assault.

The second form of intention is opposer, wiping away hostility.

Her Mienfoo leaps into the air to intercept the Peck in the next instant, its tiny claws colliding with its victim's neck; the impact sends the Spearow's body reeling backwards for the second time. It shrieks, half out of surprise and the other half anger, and proceeds to repeat the aerial maneuver, joined this time by its companion.

Settling into a half-crouch, Lingwei manages to narrowly avoid simultaneously the beak of one bird and the talons of the other, thanks in part to Mian's timely uppercut; although the Mienfoo's swing had largely flown wide, it had also been a moderate factor of intimidation, and the additional movement that the Spearows were required to make to facilitate avoidance had also allowed for reduced accuracy on their mark. It is time, she thinks, to utilize an actual move from Mian's arsenal, as sparse as it might be at the present.

The third form of intention is crusher, striking down falsehood.

"Mian ... Vital Throw."

The mustelid Pokémon's body tenses at the command, then mobilizes itself swiftly in the form of a forceful slam into one of the Spearows. Grabbing it by its talons, Mian proceeds to hurl the avian's now-limp body into the air before jumping to its height himself - both predator and prey fall to the ground a few seconds later, the Spearow's body serving as a sort of cushion in the impact. Seeing this, its compatriot attempts to avenge it by renewing the attack, but its efforts are futile; with another uttered command and a similar motion, extremely practiced in its execution, the second Spearow is rendered unconscious as well. She is pleased with the results of the short skirmish, and smiles - the expression has a hint of ruefulness, since not everything had been done to protocol, but she doesn't care too much; a victory is a victory.

"Well done, Mian."

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Mt. Moon Village

As the evening sky grew red, the group of traveling trainers reached the little village near the entrance to Mt. Moon, commonly referred to as simply the Mt. Moon Village. There were only a couple of houses, a restaurant/tavern and the Pokémon Center. People with pokémon licenses could stay for free at the Center, while other people had to spend the night at the tavern instead. Strangely, there was no shop for trainer items here. Only food. The area near the entrance to the mountain tunnel was lush for a mountain area, but a little colder than down in the valleys where the cities lay. Pokémon stayed away from this patch of human settlement so there were no wild pokémon to be captured before you entered the cave.

Bill was feeling a tad bit uneasy; the first route on their journey had merely been a substance-less piece of land to cross, but already two of his trainer companions had given up. Caleb had decided that journeying away from Pewter was too "real" for his taste, and the kind Luke had realized that he would miss home too much after all. Luckily, Bill knew that there were other candidates who had been eager to join his crew. Two of them should be waiting in Mt. Moon Village right now... If they were on time. You never knew with young people these days.

3_zps91db2fcc.png

The group, thus consisting of Bill, Lingwei, Adrian and Suzanne, reached the Pokémon Center and made sure that their pokémon were healed. In the meantime, Bill led them to the tavern nearby where he paid for dinner for the whole group. As it turned out, one of the replacement trainers had been strolling around the village waiting for them, and so Leeroy joined the others for dinner at the tavern. Bill commended him for having trained his pokémon well on his own, and already caught two more for his team!

Instructions:

It's dinner time! If you want, take the opportunity to sit down next to another player's character and have them chat a little bit and get to know each other. This goes for Bill as well, of course. The tavern is a cozy, woody place with an open fire and hearty trainers and bartenders having a good evening with either dinner or drinks. The pokémon center is a bit more quiet and calm, with a more modern cafeteria with mostly pokémon food.

Your pokémon are in the pokémon center at the moment (you are probably inside the tavern, just waiting for your food somewhere) but you can fetch them at any time if you want to go off and write a post on your own, or have a battle with someone or just generally get your pokémon back.

When you feel like you have nothing left to do on this evening, have your character go to sleep in a room at the pokémon center.

HINT FOR CHARACTER INTERACTION: either write posts forth and back, or use titanpad to create a joint post! http://titanpad.com/

The evening went on, with everyone preparing for the daring journey through the mountain the following morning. Even though there was a fairly well lit and often traveled route through the tunnels, there were a lot of wild pokémon living there as well as strange rumors going on about the place. And Bill had special plans, concerning the reason for this whole journey... But he decided to reveal things more carefully in the morning.

--

@ Cirrus

Mian grew to Lv 7!

Last edited:

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    228.gif
    056.gif
    527.gif

Chapter 2-1: Mount Moon Village

As Leeroy sat down to eat at the mahogany wooden table that the others were seated he picked up a menu list and scanned it looking for what delicious foods they had to sell.

"Hmmm, this menu looks... DELICIOUS, I like the sound of a Chicken Burger but then again Bacon doesnt sound so bad... so many choices." Leeroy muttered to himself.

"So... I am Leeroy Blufinn, I joined up with you guys a little bit later than the rest, how are you all?" Leeroy asked the others to the group.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    BILL

"So... I am Leeroy Blufinn, I joined up with you guys a little bit later than the rest, how are you all?"

"We're parched, haha!" Bill replied, sitting down right next to Leeroy, having just ordered a Bacon Burger and a soda for himself. "At least me. I'm not, hm, used to battling and traveling extremely much. Not that this trip through route 3 was extreme, but you know."

He gestured a little, excusingly, before giving Leeroy a more interested look. The other trainers in the group were either sitting down at their table, or at others to get some privacy.

"How was your journey here, Leeroy? I guess many trainers do travel, but I'm still impressed that you got here all by yourself even before us. Anything interesting happening?"

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    228.gif
    056.gif
    527.gif

Chapter 2-1: Mount Moon Village

"We're parched, haha!" Bill replied, sitting down right next to Leeroy, having just ordered a Bacon Burger and a soda for himself. "At least me. I'm not, hm, used to battling and traveling extremely much. Not that this trip through route 3 was extreme, but you know." Bill replied

Leeroy gave a small smile.

"How was your journey here, Leeroy? I guess many trainers do travel, but I'm still impressed that you got here all by yourself even before us. Anything interesting happening?" Bill asked.

"Well, it wasn't that bad I was ambushed by some Woobat just outside the village around 2 or so hours ago and I did have a chat with a strangely familiar person not to far from the village. I felt like I knew him but he didn't know me... he must be someone off televison.
    As for travelling... nah wasn't to hard I know the Viridian Forest, Route 3 and Mount Moon area fairly well since I spent a lot of time as a kid around here so I know the safest paths to go through when leaving the city."[/COLOR] Tai replied before ordering a Chicken Burger.

"How about you, is travelling as a group easier than on your own... you are a great Pokemon Researcher so I guess you have had a lot of experience in the area of travelling?" Leeroy asked with an interested face.

Last edited:
    Back