• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Golden Sun (series)

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • golden_sun_logo.png

Has anyone played the games from the Golden Sun series, or at least heard about the Golden Sun series in general? What golden sun games have you played, and which ones were your favourite? What kinds of things do you like, or dislike about Golden Sun in general? Basically I'm making this thread all about Golden Sun, so, you're more than free to discuss all of your experiences with playing the games in general, as well as any other general thoughts you have about characters, djinn, music, gameplay, or anything else that you would like to say! Just to give you details about the games in the series:

Golden Sun

Gsbox.jpg

Platform: Nintendo Game Boy Advance
    Developer: Camelot
    Publisher: Nintendo
    Genre: RPG Turn-Based Game
    Release Dates: Japan: August 1, 2001, North America: November 11, 2001, Europe: February 22, 2002
    Distribution: GBA Cartridge
    Rated E for Everyone

The first Golden Sun takes place in Weyard, that has several lands and oceans. Wayard's matter consists of the base elements of the world, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, and Mercury. Venus is the element of the earth, Mars is represented by fire, Jupiter deals with wind elements, and Mercury is the element of water. These elements can be manipulated by something called Psynergy, which is controlled by people who can control the Psynergy, whom are called Adepts. One day, the world's elemental stars are stolen by a gang of evil individuals, in which a few adepts are now sent to save the world in order to save the world from falling apart.

Main Playable Characters: Issac, Garet, Ivan & Mia. Jenna for a short while, but, she is sent out of the party shortly in the story.

Related Screenshots

Golden Sun: The Lost Age

TheLostAgebox.jpg

Platform: Nintendo Game Boy Advance
    Genre: RPG Turn Based Game
    Release Dates: Japan: June 28, 2002, North America: April 14, 2003, Europe: September 19, 2003
    Distribution: GBA Cartridge
    Rated E for Everyone

Golden Sun: The Lost Age is the continuation of the first 'Golden Sun' game, as it were. You can basically link up your save files from your completed Golden Sun game and transfer it to this game. From the last Golden Sun game, after Issac and friends defeated their villains, there comes a guy named Felix, and along with his company, they decide it is time to light the remaining lighthouse to save the world. However, to do so, they first have to learn about many kinds of Alchemy, and Psynergy, and to face some of the hardest challenges yet.

Main Playable Characters: Felix, Jenna, Sheba, and Piers. Issac, Garet, Ivan and Mia are also able to join shortly afterward!

Related Screenshots

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn

lwTqQUU.jpg

Platform: Nintendo DS
    Genre: RPG Turn Based Game
    Release Dates: Japan: October 28th, 2010, North America: November 29th, 2010, Europe: December 10th, 2010
    Distribution: DS Game Cartridge
    Rated E for Everyone

This game takes place about 30 years later from the events that transpired during Golden Sun: The Lost Age. New species have been discovered, new continents and countries have been made, but now, there became a sudden appearance of something called Psynergy Vortexes, which have appeared all around the world. The heroes 30 years ago have gotten children, and now these children have evoked on a journey across the land, encountering evil doers, and dark forces that came amiss.

Main Playable Characters: Matthew, Tyrell, Karis, Rief, & many more!

Related Screenshots:

UUbAl.jpg
    iGObw.jpg
    qiueL.jpg

M6lgu.jpg
    B1Qx8.jpg
    Z7qVf.jpg

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    Dark Dawn was truly a Dark Dawn for Golden Sun, it was good until the second half but Camelot has never been strong when it comes to plotlines. I love the series nevertheless I like the art style and the gameplay especially the style on how battles play out. also nice set up.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • I love the Golden Sun series. With Lost Age being my personal favourite of the the three games. However, I'm with the general opinion with Dark Dawn with being the worst. That's not to say Dark Dawn was a bad game(it isn't), but it's definitely lacking in comparison with it's predecessors. But, even then, I still want my fourth Golden Sun game, especially after Dark Dawn's ending.

Also, I love the Djinn system, it's awesome.

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
    Years
  • I played the first two games religiously during high school, and I have completed Dark Dawn like eight or nine times since it came out in 2010. This is one of the few series that I truly obsessed over and, with just cause, it was really addicting and fun.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Ah, I absolutely love Golden Sun! I finished the first Golden Sun for the GBA and managed to get all of the best items for the characters, and all of the Djinn. Beating what-hi-face, Blackbeard or something like that had to be the hardest boss in the game though. After beating him, you could of beaten anyoneeee.

Golden Sun TLA is also pretty fun, though I have yeeet to beat it 100%. But, I'd say it was a step up from the prequel! Although, I found myself lost more often in that game, because there were barely any hints on where to go, so, you'd have to travel all over the place. But, I guess that's all part of the fun; it's up to you on where you want to explore! Of course, you can't just exlore anywhereee because enemies might get too strong, and there's also that part where you have t sail through those whirlpools to get to poisedon, but nonetheless, it was all great!

I actually played Golden Sun Dark Dawn a couple of times, and well, while I rather prefer the ones for the GBA, it was really great too. I guess the only problem with it was that I feel it's been rushed quite a bit, especially near the end where you suddenly meet 2-3 characters and you don't have a clue on who they are, and the game tells you nothing about them except a few things - It seems as though they only joined, just for the sake of joining. But with the way the game ended, I imagine that they will get a Golden Sun 4, or else a lot of people are going to be disappointed. 8(

Back