• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] The Revelations [OOC](T)

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023

The Revelations [OOC](T)

| THE STORY |

The country divided, currently stands at a point of civil war between two factions. Otherwise a peaceful region, Sinnoh tends to be full of tension nowadays. King Tasmus' quest for power has finally begun, leaving many to wonder what fate rests in their king's hands. His father has given up the throne due to his old age and sickness, and has left his power-lusting son in charge of the country, along with his plans to create the Sinnoh he longs for. Although his intent is not violent, his motives are still unclear to many of the inhabitants of Sinnoh. Many people may see him a gutless coward, while others may see him as a potentially decent king. As a direct result shortly after the crowning of Tasmus however, various rebellion groups formed, as an attempt to stop any invading forces led by Tasmus himself, so it may be that more people consider him to be the country's downfall rather than their saviour. Considered a felony and treason, many resistance groups have been captured and punished, forcing to lead a life of hard labor, shame, and locked up in prison.

Mt. Coronet, the massive spine of mountains splitting right through the country, is the dividing point of Sinnoh. As of now, most high risk criminals get sent to Coronet Prison, as well as rebellion groups of the such. Tasmus' castle, known as the Bronze Palace, being located on the far eastern side of the country, is his current whereabouts. Preferring to sit back on his throne while controlling the country behind the scenes by pulling all the strings, he's a man that would prefer not to get his own hands dirty. However, with many of his soldiers on duty at various towns and villages, one can be sure that he has eyes seeing every move even when he's not present.

| THE SETTING & YOUR CHARACTER |

This RP takes place in 'ancient' Sinnoh. I put that quotes, because obviously it's not going to be so ancient where everyone is living in huts, so it's sort of a loose term. I'm not going to give an exact time period (This is so I can leave more up to the imagination). You will play as a character who may have been affected by the civil war in some way or another (keep in mind, the King has not done raids, nor does he kill innocent people). You are not a knight, nor a member of a rebellion group, but instead a regular civilian. You may be going to school for something, working, or maybe even just doing nothing at all except mooch off your rich parents and live the life of having fun. Your character will soon realize that they will be caught up in one of the most life-changing events.

Since the RP takes place in ancient Sinnoh, there of course going to be some changes to the world of Pokemon. Firstly, there are going to be added towns/villages in Sinnoh that are not present within the games, along with name changes to some of the pre-existing locations. They are as follows (list is excluding new locations):

• Twinleaf Town retains its name
    • Sandgem Town retains its name
    • Jubilife City, or often referred to as the Commercial City of Jubilife
    • Oreburgh Valley & Oreburgh Mines
    • Floaroma Valley
    • Eterna Valley
    • Hearthome Town
    • Solcaeon Village
    • Veilstone Canyon/Veilstone Cliff
    • Pastoria Marsh
    • Celestic Village
    • Canalave Bay
    • Snowpoint Valley
    • Sunnyshore Bay

There are also no modern Pokemon trainers or gyms of the such in this RP, nor are there Pokeballs. Instead, a Pokemon must be befriended for someone to own one, and it usually follows its owner everywhere they go, unless left at home. Some knights/soldiers fight alongside their Pokemon war, although it is not encouraged for them to fight in war. Instead, Pokemon battles still do exist in this RP, and even now, considered to be a sort of sport and a good pastime. At the start of the RP, your character will already own a Pokemon, whether it is a family Pokemon, or their own. Your character will be able to befriend more Pokemon as the RP progresses, but will use their first Pokemon as their main Pokemon. There will also be many, many times when your character will need to fight alongside your Pokemon, in which case your character will need to choose a weapon.

Many Legendary Pokemon in this RP don't exist yet. Such as Mewtwo, Genesect, as well as other man-made Pokemon such as the Porygon line. Arceus only exists in legend, and most of the other legendaries (Groudon, Kyogre, Palkia, Dialga, etc.) are only stories. Lesser legendary Pokemon such as the birds, do exist, however for RP purposes they cannot be seen until I say so (or they probably won't be seen anyways). Also note, that some Pokemon are also considered to be 'rare', more specifically Dragon type Pokemon. I'm not saying that you can't have a Dragon-type, I'm just saying that they are rare. Same goes with Fairies. Pokemon Centres do not exist, but instead are known as 'clinics'. As in regards to food, only some Pokemon are edible. Mostly fish Pokemon, such as Magikarp, Goldeen, Krabby, etc. Lesser animals also exist, such as small fish and small insects. With that said, this RP is not really sandbox, but there will be many times when you will be able to go out and do whatever you want.

| BATTLE RULES |

Let's get down to battles rules shall we. If your character decides to have a Pokemon battle with another RPer, I have some rules you must follow. Firstly, we are following the games in terms of accuracy level of moves. So if it has 100% hit rate, then it's always going to hit your Pokemon. Secondly, you only have three dodges per battle. If you want more dodges, than use up a moveslot for an evasion attack, or lower your opponent's accuracy. That's pretty much it. In terms of Pokemon's power, we are not going to be following the games (such as level and stats), however some level of common sense should be used. For example, a Pikachu is probably not going to defeat a Dragonite without the help of other Pokemon. Potions and other hand made items do not exist in the RP, however berries, gems, and other similar items are available and can be used during battle. And since we are on the topic of items, only I can give permission to give you items, or you must ask me if you can find one/buy one. There are available through means such as gifts, can be found/bought, and occasionally I may just tell you that you can get an item.

Rules:

• All forum rules apply
    • No god-modding/bunnying
    • Please stay active. I know, life gets in the way of stuff, but please let me know if something happens. If you plan to be away, let me know and we'll sort something out.
    • This is rated T, which means some language is allowed (Even then, be weary. No F-bombs!), romance, and obviously violence. No Gore though. This is not a horror movie. Blood to some extent is allowed, such as being attacked by a wild Pokemon, or getting punched in the nose or something along those lines. Don't go around slicing people's stomach and watching their guts come out and then roasting them on an open fire.
    • No Mega-evolutions until later on in the RP.
    • Six is the maximum move limit, otherwise your Pokemon will need to forget a move to learn a new one.
    • Not really a rule, but have fun!

Sign-Up:

Name:

Appearance: (an original character that you made please. Description preferred.)

Personality: (Give us insight on how your character acts, traits, etc.)

History: (How has the war affected you? Has it affected you a lot, or not much? Tell us about your childhood, family, jobs, etc. Keep in mind Tasmus has not done anything such as attacking cities/towns as he is not exactly a violent person.)

Hometown: (Where is your character from? Make sure they currently reside in Twinleaf Town.)

Weapon: (Just a pick a simple weapon. Nothing too spectacular for now. Your character will not have their weapon with them at the start of the RP).

~

Pokemon Species + Nickname: (What Pokemon does your character have? Is it a family Pokemon, or your own Pokemon that you befriended? Does it have a nickname? Make sure your Pokemon is a first stage Pokemon, and isn't anything too overpowered such as a Scyther or Kangaskhan. It also does not have to have a Mega Evolution.)

Ability: (what ability does your Pokemon have?)

Attacks: (What attacks does your Pokemon have? Only one egg move, no TMs/HMs, and a maximum of three moves for now).

Personality: (Give a brief personality section for your Pokemon.)

My Sign Up:

Avant Ayers
    Spoiler:

Current Players (SU's are CLOSED):

Avant Ayers [Jegretis]
    Astrid Arkwright [Xilfer]
    Lana DeMino [Albunnie]
    Sirius Elpis [Yamagi Sosuke]
    Thomas Thorne [Eeveeandmew]
    Darren Gregory [LastOne]
    Samuel Millback [GoldFishHorde]
    Nadia [Sir Bastian]

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Can I place a reservation here?

I'm gonna get right to my SU, just wanna get a place holder post

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    Ehh I won't really be taking reserves for this RP, but if your SU is good, you should be accepted no problem-o :) This is just so nobody gets discouraged from the maximum players being capped by reserves.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
    Ooh, medieval (sort of) Pokemon. Reserve m-

Oh... no reserves...

Hehe, but I'll be getting to work on an SU for this eventually. Just out of curiosity, what's the maximum player amount?

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    No problem I'll be looking forward to that SU!

It depends on how many people wanna join, but I'm thinking 5-6 is a good place to cap. The least amount would be 4.

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2016
    Looks cool. IM in! :)

Name: Thomas Thorn

Gender: Male(this is going to be weird for me as im a girl lol)

Appearance: (Picture attached) He is about 5"4, about 145 lbs, mostly muscle.

Personality: Thomas does not really like people being around him. He prefers to be with pokemon. He will not back down from a fight, no matter the odds. He is about as smart as the avereage person. He will try to plan things out ahead of time, if possible. If he has to interact with other people, he will not talk much at all, but will listen in case he can get valuable information. He like when people leave him alone, but he hates people that constantly pester him. If a person has a pokemon, he will focus more on the pokemon than the human. His anti-social atitude comes from never meeting a non-family human until after the fire. Around his sister, he acts like an almost normal person, discussing what they did that day, planning what they will do tomorrow, ect.

History: Thomas's family lived in a house in some woods when he was little, but they had to leave when he was 10 due to reasons his parents would not tell him. They built a house in some trees, but it let water in and could only hold Thomas and his little sister Ella. They stayed in the house for about two years, patching it up over time, while their parents built a house at the base of the tree. When Thomas turned 12, and his sister was now 10, they had to move again, presumably due to the same reason they moved to the tree house. They ended up in a cave, and around the entrance they made a house. After five years, when Thomas was 17, he accidentally caught an eevee in one of his pokemon traps. Setting it free from it, he brought it home and bandaged up its leg that had been caught. The eevee stayed with him until it was healed, and then he released her. But the eevee came back, every single day until he let her be his pokemon. Another year passes, and their parents don't return home after hunting, and a fire starts to spread through out the forest. Thomas, eevee, and Ella run out of the house, and out of the forest, ending up near Twinleaf, where the fire did not reach. Neither can find their parents, who had probably run the other way, as that was a better way to get out, but also where the fire spread from. They have lived on the edges of Twinleaf ever since, having no money, stuggling to do much of anything without there parents. They ended up building a tree house again, as is was better than buying a house they did not need, nor could afford.

(A little back story that the character does not know of: his parents had no money, having it stolen from them, and they owed someone a lot of money that they did not have. So they were chased out of Jublife city, and they were threatened that they had one year to get back all of the money they owed, or they would take there children away as payment. Rather than try to get the large sum of money, they chose to flee deep into the woods and live there. However, people tried to find them, and when they were spotted, they moved. The fire was caused by the same people who wanted their payment, as to keep them away from their children. They were arrested for running and not paying. That explains it enough, right?)

Hometown: Is from a forest to the far West of lake Verity.

Weapon: Various traps and things meant for trapping pokemon that have been fitted on to a sturdy stick. It has the equivalent of small bear traps that grab and don't let go of the victim unless a chord is pulled that is located at the handle. It also has a rope that can be circled around the victim's limbs, to make the other traps more efficient. It has a hooked end, able to catch onto flesh and stay hooked in.

~

Pokemon Species + Nickname: Eevee (Lucy)Gender: Female

Ability: Adaptability

Attacks: Hyper voice(When it evolves, this move will be overpowered, so I went with only two moves.),growl

Personality: Lucy is very caring and gentle, and is very grateful for Thomas saving her.

How is this? :)

(The locations they lived before losing their parents are marked on the map, the brighter dot being the first house, darker one the second. the lake is lake Verity.)

Last edited:

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
    I hope this is good, because I'm not sure myself. I've decided to step way out of my comfort zone this time around, and make a character that's actually kind of... *gulp*... normal! *GASP*

Name: Astrid Arkwright

Appearance:

Astrid's figure is very lean and skinny, with not much visible muscle. However, despite the apparent lack of it, she does have a fair amount of strength. Her figure is also curvy, to an extent. She stands at 5'6", and weighs about 137 lbs. Her skin is Caucasian in color, though it's slightly tanned.

Her hair is a light, milky brown, and goes down to her shoulders in length. It's parted at the front, revealing her forehead, and goes over her ears. Her eyebrows are thin, colored the same as her hair. However her rather large eyes stand out, as they are a piercing bright blue. She has a small, straight nose, and overall sharp facial features.

Astrid opts to dress in clothes she made herself, and they are often quite beautiful. Her choice of clothing is hardly extravagant, or overly noticeable; rather, it has a subtle sense of elegance to it.

Personality:

Different people tend to have different impressions of Astrid. Some see her attitude as cold and apathetic, while others see it as timid or introverted. Personally, Astrid herself prefers to think of it as being 'distant' from the world and people around her. This is what she tries to be, at least. It is her desire to become more of an observer than an active participant in the world's affairs, simply because she sees it as potentially harmful, and wishes to keep herself safe. For this reason, she only associates with others when necessary, and would almost never do so otherwise. She keeps any and all interactions as short and emotionless as possible. This isn't because she's rude, nor because she's cold-hearted, but because she easily gets nervous. She can only handle herself in a conversation for a short amount of time before losing her composure. When she does, she begins to get unusually shy and timid. Sometimes she will even make the awfully rude decision to run away. The majority of the time, she's able to keep a cool, level-headed composure when heading into conversation knowingly. However, when unexpectedly confronted with direct human interaction, she usually becomes nervous much faster. The nervousness is painfully obvious to anyone else as well. When she's in this state, Astrid will constantly twiddle her thumbs or readjusts her glasses when unnecessary, and is prone to stumbling over her words and avoiding eye contact.

Astrid has few friends in this world. She has distanced herself from most people, fearing what would happen should they ever get close. Over the past two years, she's only truly had two friends, one of which is the Pokemon known as Wiley, who she spends all her time with. Around Wiley and, presumably, any other friends she may have, Astrid is a far more open individual. Around people she can feel comfortable with, her nervousness is hardly an issue, so she allows the brighter side of her personality to show itself. Astrid becomes far more cheerful and carefree, allowing herself to feel some enjoyment from the world around her and, more importantly, the friend she's with. She's naturally open towards her friends, never hesitating to let them know her deepest secrets, desires, and emotions, because of her confidence that they will understand and be supportive if need be. She isn't one to ask for a favor and not offer one in return, of course. Astrid strives to help her friends with whatever ordeals they may face to the best of her ability, and does her best to be supportive.

Of course, to date, nobody save for Wiley has managed to achieve the status of 'friend' in Astrid's mind, no matter how friendly they may be. She shuts herself off from others intentionally, for one main reason: fear of betrayal. One must attain her absolute confidence in order to befriend her, which isn't easy because she has confidence in no one, and keeps herself from forming that trust. In truth, Astrid is actually a very trusting person by nature, and this is also her greatest downfall. Due to past experiences, she forces herself to distrust others, even though she would like to have some confidence in someone.

History:

Once a peaceful resident of Hearthome Town, Astrid Arkwright lived with her parents and her father's partner, a Scraggy named Liam. Her early life was, for the most part, fairly normal. Her father, Jonas, worked as a guard for the King, while her mother, Marian, was an expert dressmaker. Her dresses were made in the most exquisite taste, and were sold to nobles and people of such high regard. Despite this, she appreciated the advantages of living a modest lifestyle, and refused to make a name for herself as a professional. Because of this, she didn't sell much; however, whenever she did, the payout was high. In truth, dressmaking was more of a hobby than anything else for Marian, and Jonas's wages were more than enough to keep the family afloat.

Astrid took an interesting in her mother's hobby from an early age, and was promptly taken under Marian's tutelage. However, no matter how hard she tried over the years, Astrid was never able to achieve the level of skill her mother had. She was perfectly fine with that, however. Her mother always taught her not to take a hobby too seriously and to simply enjoy it as much as possible, so Astrid never felt any jealousy towards Marian.

She also had an uncle who lived in Hearthome, on her mother's side. The man's name was Julian, and she got along splendidly with him. He was a simple shopkeeper, though despite his simple lifestyle he was an adventurous man. Astrid naturally loved this about him, and grew to trust him more than anyone else. He was her role model, his stories of adventure and his outgoing nature being admirable to the young girl. The one thing that she couldn't help but disdain about him was the small Pancham who always accompanied Julian. The Pancham, named Wiley, was a very violent and grumpy Pokemon, who always seemed to ignore Astrid.

In her youth, Astrid was a very outgoing young girl. She made many friends at school, and treated everyone she met like friends. All people was equal in the young Astrid's eyes, and she rarely showed fear in the face of danger. Trust was something that came easily for her. She stayed this way until about the age of fifteen, when that trust proved to be disastrous.

One day, her uncle Julian paid a visit to her household. However, he was not his usual chipper self. He had come to see Marian, and the two soon got into an argument. Naturally, Astrid was curious and eavesdropped on their conversation from another room. She was shocked to find out that Julian had joined up with a resistance group opposing the new king Tasmus. The purpose of his visit, furthermore, was to convince his sister to leave her husband and join up as well.

As it happened, Astrid wasn't the only one to be eavesdropping on the conversation. The sound of a door swinging violently open could be heard, followed by the screaming voice of her father. She was paralyzed with fear as a raging argument between the two men quickly erupted into a brutal Pokemon fight. Julian and Jonas were brawling on the ground as their Pokemon Pancham and Scraggy fought. After what seemed like an eternity, a sharp crack could be heard, followed by the sound of a body hitting the floor. Astrid could hear her mother's horrified scream.

Julian must have been in a deranged state. Whether it was the adrenaline rushing to his head or his rage, he proceeded to turn his Pancham on his own sister, ordering the Pokemon to beat her to death for refusing to listen to him. At this point Astrid rushed out of her room, panicked, and horrified at the sight of her dead father and his Scraggy. Her uncle turned to her, a crazed look in his eye, and began to approach her. Neither mother nor daughter could react, still terrified and in despair at the death of Jonas.

However, just before Julian could lay a finger on Astrid, another loud snap could be heard as the man's leg was broken. The aggressor: Wiley the Pancham. The Pokemon proceeded to turn on his owner, mercilessly beating him until he was completely unconscious and barely alive.

It must have taken hours, but eventually Marian recollected herself. She knew the police would be here soon, and the fact that her own brother was a member of a resistance could very well see her and her daughter accused of treason as well. Sucking up her grief at the loss of her husband, she packed essentials and took her traumatized daughter away from Hearthome. Oddly enough, Wiley followed the two. Marian tried to get him to leave several times, but the aggressive Pancham would only growl and stand his ground. He didn't seem to mean any harm at this point, so eventually the two just allowed him to follow them.

Before long, they found themselves in Twinleaf Town, in an attempt to get as far away as possible. It took some time, but with the money Marian had saved up from her dresses, she was able to buy a small house in the town in which the two could live. Or rather, three. No matter how hard they tried, they simply could not rid themselves of the Pancham who had once belonged to their murderous uncle, and almost killed them. Eventually they had to put up with the insistent 'mon. Marian never truly liked it, but Astrid managed to convince herself that it was only acting on orders, not of its own accord.

But Astrid had been in the other room; only her mother had seen the wide grin on Wiley's face as he beat Liam, and Jonas, to their dooms.

For a long time, Astrid blamed herself for the terrible incident. She grew increasingly reclusive and did not attend school anymore, instead devoting most of her time to grieving and her hobby of dressmaking. Her depression lasted two years. She received as much support as possible from her mother, who had to force herself to keep going through life. Even now, after the depression has ended, she still partially blames herself for what happened, despite the fact that it's completely illogical to think so. She blames her own trusting personality, and so has chosen to shun it, instead staying away from people as much as possible to prevent such a betrayal from occurring again.

The next two years were relatively peaceful. Astrid presently helps her mother run a clothes shop, which makes enough money for the two to get by. She has befriended Wiley the Pancham and has become very fond of him, despite happenings in her past. After confronting it all, she began to see him as somewhat of a savior, and actually began to trust the little beast.

Hometown: Hearthome Town

Weapon: A...uh... kitchen knife? Yeah, a big-ass kitchen knife works.

Pokemon Species + Nickname:

The Revelations [OOC](T)

Wiley

Ability: Scrappy

Attacks:

Work Up, Karate Chop, Slash

Personality:

Wiley would be regarded by most as a mean, bad-natured Pokemon. He's naturally violent and aggressive, opting to use violence to solve any problem he may come across. He's relentless and brutal, never stopping until his opponent is either fainted or dead, depending on which the situation calls for. He's very grumpy, preferring not to be bothered by anyone other than Astrid or her mother, and will often keep to himself. Other Pokemon seem to irritate him, and he prefers to keep away from them even more than people. Despite his usual grumpiness, combat is the one thing he truly enjoys. Sometimes, he revels so much in the pain of his opponents that he seems somewhat sadistic...

Wiley's one redeeming quality seems to be his loyalty. Over the past four years, he's shown unyielding loyalty to Astrid and Marian, as well as a strong sense of protectiveness for the two. He will always try his hardest when it involves either of them, and will not tolerate any disrespect towards them whatsoever. Any aggressor, or even potential aggressor towards Astrid or Marian is met with a fist to the face from the ever-violent Wiley.

Last edited:

NyxShooter

drifting wanderer
    Years
    This seems very intresting. Im not sure if im overloading myslef by having 3 RP's, this being the 4th, but im sure I can handle it. I'll work on an SU eventually, very intresting concept, living in the world of pokemon with no pokemon comforts we are used to.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    Let's get to it:

Eeveeandmew: Okay, so your SU is short overall lol. In personality, try adding at least a few more sentences (4-5) about anything really, such as maybe likes/dislikes, how he acts with Pokemon, fears, how he acts with his sister etc. I also get that he's sort anti-social (which is the vibe I got), but what do you mean by he's not the smartest? He's not dumb either? So he's just average? Another major thing: I can understand his family living in the forest/woods away from people, but exactly which forest? Thomas doesn't have to know but you should still say where it was. Also, why did they have to keep moving? And why did they move to a cave and build yet another house lol? That's an awful of building houses, I would think it would be cheaper to just buy a house especially with all the patching 0.o And one last thing: I think Thomas and his sister would get arrested if they were trapping and selling Pokemon, and from the look of things, it doesn't look like Thomas is the type of person to be breaking the law (unless he is). There's only so many Pokemon you can sell in a town like Twinleaf before people get wind of what you are doing lol.

Also, your Eevee doesn't know a third move? I don't mind, as it's your decision, but I was just wondering.

@Xilfer: Wow that's a loong SU...but it's good! Wiley looks like he's going to have problems hanging around everyone else's Pokemon haha. You are accepted!

@NyxShooter: Looks good so far!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Feb 24, 2024
    The Revelations [OOC](T)

Lana DeMino
    Age 17 | Female

Appearance: Lana stands at a height of about 5'4" with a somewhat slender body build. She has deep, emerald-green eyes with a fair skin complexion. Lana has oddly colored, bluish hair which is generally kept on the shorter side, reaching down to just the base of her neck. Her bangs delicately line the sides of her face, with two longer pieces of hair on the sides. Lana has a crescent shaped tattoo on her left shoulder, a marking of her upbringing as a gypsy.

In terms of clothing, Lana tends to dress in darker colors. She wears a black, leather top that stops just past her chest, exposing her long and lean torso. She wears a pair of matching, short-like pants on her legs, with a red, decorative skirt over top. The skirt is slit, exposing her right leg while being modest enough not to expose anything inappropriate. The skirt and shorts are held up by a decorative, red, sash-like belt with golden tassels around her waist. A black choker is worn around Lana's neck, with golden bracelets on her upper arms and a circlet around her forehead. Lana's feet are always bare, save for a red, cloth tied around her right ankle.

Personality: Generally a kind and caring soul, Lana is a friendly girl with a charismatic energy about her that seems to help everyone around her find themselves in a better mood. There is a seemingly innocent nature about her, making her quite gullible at times. Spending most of her time out in nature as opposed to in towns and cities, it is quite easy to say that Lana does not actually know how the world truly works. She never really interacts on a personal level with others her own age outside of her troupe, so she seems to lack a few of the more finer social graces. Lana is honest to a fault and a very observational girl. She has a history of stating something how she sees it, regardless of who it might offend or anger, but she generally does mean well in the long run. Lana is deathly afraid of lightning.

History: Born within a close knit, wandering band of gypsies, Lana has never really known a normal life so to speak. Yes, she has a large, loving family and she grew up generally happy and cared for. However, being in a band of gypsies constantly meant roaming the Sinnoh countryside on an almost daily basis. More often than not, the band would set up camp in the wild, choosing to sleep out under a blanket of stars as opposed to under a roof in the comforts of an inn. Freedom and spare time were spent singing and telling stories. They lived off the wealth of the land as opposed to working in the cities. When the family would stop by a town or city, it was for work. By work, this did not mean helping the farmers work on their fields or helping in stores. The gypsy band would put on shows for the townspeople, not working for coin, rather for food, drink, fabrics and other resources they might need. In these shows, Lana herself would work as a dancer.

One day, when Lana was about 14 years old or so, she and the rest of her gypsy family set up camp outside of the Commercial City of Jubilife. The girl decided to go wandering about, exploring the land around them as if having some sort of adventure. While exploring, the girl happened to come upon a lone egg near a pond of water. Lana had often been told to never interfere with nature, letting the Goddess take care of things herself and let what would happen, happen. However, Lana felt a sense of pity for this egg that had been left on its own in the wild. Lana sat quietly, keeping watch over the egg to see if its family would return for it. However, after hours of waiting the egg was still left on its own. Not wanting to see the life extinguished before it could even properly begin, Lana made the decision to bring the egg back to camp with her and hatch it in private.

Lana was not able to keep it a secret long. It was only a matter of time before her mother stumbled upon the girl one night, rubbing the egg gently with a silk blanket in an attempt to keep it warm. She inquired about why Lana had disobeyed the ways of their people and wanted the girl to leave the egg behind when they left the area in the morning. However, when Lana passionately explained why she simply could not obey her mother, a change of heart was had. After some deliberation with Lana's father and the band elder, Lana was allowed to keep the egg, but she would have to raise and fend for the Pokemon inside as if she were its own mother. Lana happily agreed and a few weeks later, an Igglybuff which she affectionately dubbed Melody was born.

Three years later, the bond between Melody the Igglybuff and Lana still remains strong. Keeping true to her word, the gypsy girl has continued to raise and nurture the young Pokemon as if it were her own child. Lana has even been working on trying to incorporate the Igglybuff in the band's performances. Lana and her gypsy family were last seen setting up camp just outside of Twinleaf Town, preparing for another set of performances...

Hometown: Eterna Valley

Weapon: Dual Chakram

The Revelations [OOC](T)

Melody
    Igglybuff | Female

Ability: Cute Charm

Attacks: Sing, Charm, Pound

Personality: Peaceful and gentle by nature, Melody is not a fighter by nature. In fact, she is quite the opposite. She is easily shaken and somewhat of a coward by nature. Because of this, she generally chooses to stay as close to Lana as possible, looking up to the girl as a sort of mother-figure and protector. Despite her seemingly peaceful nature, she is fiercely loyal to Lana, and if it comes down to it, she will not hesitate to put herself in harms way to protect the human girl.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    @Albunnie: alright, great SU, you are accepted!

@Everyone:I'll also just post what you should expect to write in your first post. I'm out right now so I'll either just edit it into this post or make a new one :)

Yamagi Sosuke

Hope & Ambition
    Years
    Aww shucks o//o, I'm joining. I just can't help myself. I'm a RP addict and I'll admit it openly.

Sign-Up:

The Revelations [OOC](T)
    "Hehe, you look really pretty. Is it okay if I call you my muse?"

Name: Sirius Elpis, Grins and Craze

Appearance: Sirius or Grins as many called him in Eterna Valley, has a very boyish face for his age. His skin is the color of cream and is just as soft as it looks. His scruffy chestnut hair frames his face with stray bangs but looks to be somewhat cared for, for it never travels past his neck or mid-cheek. He is not extremely handsome either; he is but the "average Joe" with a few advantageous features. With eyes that could be described as sun-soaked leaves in summer and dark thin brows that rest above them, he is not without his charms. He has a smile that accentuates his eyes with a warm disposition, revealing the cute dimples that rests in his boyish cheeks.

With a lean body and a rather fetching height of 5'9", Sirius is nothing intimidating or special. His body is somewhat muscled and that's only due to the fact that he's a farmer's child. Working in the field has given him a minor scar across his right calve, it's now white and only a former shell of its once grotesque pink. He has long arms and calloused fingers, a tight strong grip and a rather harsh swing that allows a good amount of force into his punches.

Sirius can be seen wearing whatever is around his home, which usually consist of worn out long-sleeve tunics and trousers of various colors. His footwear has always been brown leather knee-high boots. It just easier to stomp through the mud when you don't have to worry about your trousers getting dirty too. He always wears a cross-necklace that he received from his grandfather.

Personality: A bit of an oddball, Sirius is the opposite of what his father inadvertently wished for. He's a dense young lad with a carefree spirit, never really paying attention to the civil war or even caring for that matter. His only goals in life were too finish his chores, make his parents proud with his school work, and be sure to play with Goro for the rest of his life. A simple mission for a simple guy. He is kind to others, willing to go out of his way to offer a helping hand and is always prepared to give a warm smile.

His signature trait, is his imagination. He tends to sway between reality and his day dreams like a willow tree in the wind. It can happen in a fraction of a moment and all you'll get from him is a hasty apology when he returns. He often sees his path as being ahead of him and a fault of his is that he dislikes heading back in any direction he's already trekked (in the same day). It often got really vexing for his friends back in Eterna Valley. While his imagination got him in trouble, it could also be the blame for his currently unbelievable personality. It helps him to see optimism in most of the world and to see the light at the end of every tunnel.

Now let's talk about Sirius extensive list of arguably bad qualities. While his cheerfulness is often seen as a breath of fresh air, it can, and probably will be seen as obnoxious and annoying by most. His lack of attention has left him lacking in the intelligence department, but no worries, he makes up for it in instincts and guts. He's also a bit blunt and crude when it comes to others and it's not that he means too, he just leaves by the motto of "Saying it how it is". He gets his moniker "Craze" from his merciless like behavior whenever he gets into competitions and fights. He often blatantly tells younger people that their slow if they lose to him in a race.

History: As a child, Sirius was thought to be a very quiet and well . . . serious child. He didn't speak or really respond too much in the beginning. It wasn't until he was three and his younger sister, Addy had been crying uncontrollably had he spoken his first words. They were alarmingly coherent in his parent's eyes. As his sister cried for apparently no reason, Sirius grabbed her thumb, placed it in her mouth, and rubbed her light brown hair; uttering. "Hush, sweet flower," as he did so. They were amazed and tried for weeks to get him to speak again but he would only talk when Addy was playing with him or he was playing by himself.

By the time he was six, his silence had ended. He was a small bundle of electrifying energy, always bouncing around and leaving messes for his parents to clean up. His father and mother were usually content with this, after nearly three years of thinking their child was a mute, how could they wish him to be silent now. However, a few months after his eighth birthday, he decided he would show Addy his own little hideout. It was in the hills of his parent's farmland. It was a quaint, little mound that had a full view of the celestial sky and town.

But, on the way there, Addy had gotten hurt.

He returned home with her on his back, her wails waking his parents from their sleep. Well, after punishing him with a belt, his father and mother interrogated him with harsh and angry words. He could remember clearly, his sights sorta blurred from his tears, the moment that everything clicked. At first he had thought that his parents were just being cruel to him but quickly he realized that they were just concerned for Addy, which ultimately he was too. After he had recognized an odd and yet reoccurring emotion in their eyes, something that he knows to be guilt now, he raised up and promised to never hurt Addy again. That he accepted full responsibility for his actions. . . His parents were left stunned.

Years went by and the moon rose and fell alongside the Sun. He grew up into a very hyperactive young adult, his imagination had took over the cruel reality of the world. He didn't let many things bother him and somewhere along the line, it all eventually just stopped. It was on his seventieth birthday that his grandmother gifted him with a rare Pokemon that had stumbled onto their cottage. They claimed that they were much too old to be caring for adventure and that the little guy need the love of a kindhearted youth. Of course, Sirius was ecstatic.

It was soon after his eighteenth birthday that his family declared they would be moving to TwinLeaf Town. As he cheerfully said goodbye to his friends and accepted their solemn tears, he left to begin what he liked to call "A new start,".

Hometown: Eterna Valley

Weapon: Farmer's Scythe

~
    The Revelations [OOC](T)

Pokemon Species + Nickname: Gible, Goro
    Ability: Sand Veil (Rough Skin)

Attacks: Twister (Egg) | Dragon Rage | Tackle

Personality: Rambunctious and easily excitable, Goro is probably the perfect match for Sirius. They often talk together and is seen running around for little to no reason. Goro has the tendency to get distracted by the smallest things, making it hard for Sirius to keep track of the gal. She also has a teething problem; she likes to chew on rock-hard or steel-like objects.​

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    @Yamagi: 'Sup, you have been accepted!

@GoldFish: Glad to see you again lol, but...there's no reserves for this RP, and I'm only going to be accepting one more player (excluding the people that have already created/started their SU). Unless someone drops out, or if you can create an SU before anyone new comes in :/

Yamagi Sosuke

Hope & Ambition
    Years
    @Yamagi: 'Sup, you have been accepted!

@GoldFish: Glad to see you again lol, but...there's no reserves for this RP, and I'm only going to be accepting one more player (excluding the people that have already created/started their SU). Unless someone drops out, or if you can create an SU before anyone new comes in :/

Yessh! I'm glad I have been lol.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    Yeah, I think Julius might take up that last spot.

Anyways, here is pretty much info you need for your first post, if you want to start planning. It's nothing too special lol.

Essentially the RP starts off during the daytime, and it's pretty much a regular day, where your character is prolly going to be doing whatever it is they usually do on a regular day. It also wouldn't be uncommon for your character to know/recognize some of the other characters, although you don't exactly need to be friends with them. Feel free to battle if you want, interact/talk to another character, etc. Also keep in mind that there has been rumours of a resistance group growing in the towns nearby.

Once everything gets settled in, I shall time-skip to nighttime, and that's when things will get going and the RP actually starts.

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2018
    Name: Darren Gregory

Appearance: When it comes to appearance, Darren is quite like most males his age, in that he stands at the height of 5'8", and his bodybuild comes from helping out with his parents professions. Being the son of a blacksmith and innkeeper, he had to alternate between standing all day at a hot furnace, hammering down tiny bits of metal, or serving guests that stayed at the inn. It gave him a body that can only be described as athletic and lean, which were needed in order for him to carry out those two jobs, whenever his assistance was required.

He has brown hair that is mostly cropped, except for the back of his head, which he leaves untamed and free. His eyes are a dark green, and often mistaken to be turquoise when standing in the light. Darren wears a white poet shirt blouse with a blue ribbon tied around the neck, which is tucked inside blue pants, along with a black cape that hangs over his left shoulder, and held by a black strap. It's enough of an acceptable outfit, for him to simply replace the black cape with a proper apron and gloves, when he needs to change occupations.

Personality: As a child, Darren was energetic and stubborn, often mimicking his parents and other people, as it was his only form of entertainment around both workplaces. This behavior didn't stop when he had met Malin the Machop, who shared his carefree habits and mimicking, the two often playing with each other when sent outside, and carrying out what they've practiced when allowed in the workplace. He didn't really spend that much time with kids his age, since they preferred chase, rather than the kind of games he played with Malin.

So he was used to being around his Machop more than kids his age, and when he had been old enough to work, Malin was the one who kept him from stressing out, from needing to stay indoors all day. As he got older and dreamt more of traveling beyond the valley, his effort in both workplaces wasn't satisfactory as it should have been, and it wasn't until he was challenged by his parents on his dream, did he grow more serious about his job. He had to if he wanted to successfully travel around the region one day, which required money.

He's an avid supporter of the new king, believing that since Tasmus had been next in line for the throne, he was the right man for the job of leading Sinnoh, and hopes that the region would progress under his leadership. At least, once all the rebels had been taken care of, which he feels is keeping the region from progressing in the first place.

History: When he was a young child, Darren had adored his parents professions, and was always eager to help out whenever he could. It was typically the thing most kids his age had done, dreaming to aspire to take after their parents, and possibly surpassing them. Of course, being only seven at the time, more often than not, he was only allowed to watch his parents do the work. Energetic and stubborn however, it didn't stop him from at least trying to mimic what his parents and their family's fighting type Pokemon had done everyday.

This meant following them around in posture and behavior, which sort of distracted some of the Pokemon while they were working, which wasn't good, since some had either carried hot metal or was serving drinks. It sometimes had gotten on his parent's nerves, but not enough to actually hit him, preferring to keep him busy elsewhere instead. That meant having him play with one of the other kids in the valley, who all had one of their family's Pokemon to play with. This had became a problem more than the mimicking, as he wanted a Pokemon too.

So, after some persistence on his part, his parents had gave in, and allowed him to have a recently bred Machop. With a new companion to play with whenever he had a time out, Darren had started teaching the young Machop all about his mimicking, until it had been perfected enough for him to play pretend, and act out his parent's professions. While he spent time with the other kids and played with their Pokemon as well, they weren't really that interested in going around and mimicking, preferring to play chase, leaving him often alone with his Machop.

It was like that for several years, until he was actually old enough to help out, which was when he was around twelve, although he dreamt of traveling the region by then. These dreams had distracted him from his work, and was far from what he had accomplished before. Business was threatening to go down because of it, and hadn't stopped, until his parents had challenged his dream of traveling beyond the valley. They pointed out how he wasn't well known enough to be able to afford the costs, for such a big change like that to happen.

Realizing they were right, he grew more serious about his work, and aimed to make a name for himself, which he hoped travelers visiting the valley, would talk about when they had left it. After the old king had died, and was replaced by his son, Darren had became one of Tasmus' supporters, feeling that he would lead the region like his father did. The following hasty accusations and rumors of resistance groups, had not sit well for him. In his eyes, Tasmus had yet to prove he was a tyrant, as evidence by the lack of raids and killing the innocent.

The civil war going on within the region, he felt was also hindering progress of growth. When he had gained enough money to travel to Twinleaf town, where all the rumors circulated from, he brought Malin the Machop with him, in hopes of also making more of a name there.

Hometown: Oreburgh Valley

Weapon: Pickaxe

~

Pokemon Species + Nickname: Machop[Malin]
    Ability: No Guard

Attacks: Ice Punch (Egg) | Low Kick | Focus Energy

Personality: Malin the Machop reminds Darren of how carefree he used to be as a child, especially since the young Machop still retained his habit of mimicking people, like he had used to do. The fighting type has always been his companion, following him around everywhere, and the one to cheer him up, when stressing out from his jobs.

Last edited:

GoldfishHorde

Whoa! A horde of Goldfish appeared!
    Years
    *furiously types SU and breaks the sound barrier in the process*

Phew, here it is! Hopefully I got in just in time!

Name: Samuel Millback

Appearance:
    The Revelations [OOC](T)

Samuel looks quite young for his age, as he has been mistaken on multiple occasions for being around 12 or 13. His skin is a bright, cream color which contrasts quite well with his dark brown hair. His hair is loose and long, although it is kept clean and it doesn't go past his neck. Whenever his young face cracks a smile, it warms the hearts of many, especially when his big, blue eyes are looking directly at you.

He wears a buttoned long shirt with a fluffy collar that shows his white shirt beneath it around his neck. He has two belts tied around his waist, and sports a pair of black, silk pants.

Samuel is a bit tall for his age, at about 5'11". He is very slim, weighing in at a measly 103.5 lbs. Samuel has long fingers, and some unusually large feet, although they aren't noticeable at first glance. His skin is soft and his touch is gentle, almost like smooth snow.

Personality: Samuel is a wallflower that prefers Pokemon over people, and does what he can to get by. When confronted, Samuel will most likely try to get away as fast as possible. However, someone can earn his trust one way or another, he'll stick around and get to know them. However, he's slightly more open towards Pokemon and people with Pokemon.

After recent events of the civil war, Samuel has been rattled down to the bone. With his father being taken away and his coming of age, he's an emotional trainwreck barely kept under control by his mother. His one saving grace, besides his mother, is his creativity. He dreams of becoming a wonderful artist, sculpting Pokemon, painting historical events, and leaving mementos so that he would be remembered for years to come.

When it comes down to buisness, Samuel would rather flee for his life than risk his life to help someone he barely knows. However, he'll gladly give it his all to someone he knows and cares about, willing to stick around until the bitter end, unless the odds are stacked against him. He's compassionate and does what he truly thinks is for the best, because the last thing he wants is to lose someone he loves again.

Samuel's likes include; Pokemon, Hazel, art, and Pecha Berries. His dislikes include; small, tight areas, Tasmus, Dark types and heat. Samuel has an immense fear of small, tight spaces, as he has claustrophobia and will panic and flail rapidly, as he had gotten stuck in a pit as a tyke and cried for hours until he was found.

History: As a child, everything was utterly perfect. His parents and him had lived a peaceful life in Floaroma Valley. However, a few days from his sixteenth birthday, his father, who was part of the rebellion, had been captured by Tasmus' forces and hasn't been seen since then. They were forced to move to Twinleaf since Samuel's father was the one that provided the money to stay in their home, and neither of them could find a good job. Samuel spiraled into a short depression, until he met his partner, Hazel a few months later. Samuel and his mother were running low on food, so Samuel took up hunting once he became seventeen and reaped many rewards from it. Although, in the back of his mind, Samuel has a deep hatred for Tasmus, and waits for the day when he can free his father and get his revenge.

Hometown: Floaroma Valley

Weapon: A homemade bow with several arrows on hand.

~

The Revelations [OOC](T)

Pokemon Species + Nickname: Hazel the Phantump

Ability: Natural Cure

Attacks: Imprison, Tackle, Confuse Ray.

Personality: Hazel met Samuel when she was attracted by some honey he smeared in a tree in hopes of getting some rare game. Hazel's affection for Samuel grew overtime, and she eventually stuck with him for good. She is flirty and shows off her adorableness as often as possible, always wanting the center of attention. However, she is a bit gullible and a klutz.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    @EeveeMew: Alrighty, you fixed it up :) You are accepted. Also, I hope you don't mind, but we gotta tone those traps down a bit. You can still have them, but just make sure they aren't so dangerous that they are chopping people's legs off.

@GoldFish & LastOne: Ughhh....I really didn't want to have to do this, but I can only accept one of you. Julius still needs to do his SU if he's still into it, and then I need to pick out you three :/ If not, then I'll just pick someone from you two. If it were a sandbox RP, then I would accept with no hesitation...but yeah lol.

Back