• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Status applier in script.:v

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
  • A Pokemon's current status is determined by an unencrypted dword in its data structure, though three of the four bytes don't seem to do anything so I have no idea why its a dword. This allows you to set a Pokemon's status by using a simple 'writebytetooffset' command and it will immediately take effect. The byte you have to change for the leading Pokemon in your party is 0x20242D4, your second Pokemon's offset is 100 bytes beyond it at 0x2024338, the third is another 100 bytes beyond that etc. Here's a quick list of what values will give which status:

Spoiler:

There are also some ASM routines that allow you easily give a status to a Pokemon, special 0x64 in JPAN's engine is dedicated to this and Shiny Quagsire did a sleep routine in his ASM tutorial that you could tailor for other statuses.

Last edited:

Lance32497

LanceKoijer of Pokemon_Addicts
    Years
  • A Pokemon's current status is determined by an unencrypted dword in its data structure, though three of the four bytes don't seem to do anything so I have no idea why its a dword. This allows you to set a Pokemon's status by using a simplewritebytetooffset command and it will immediately take effect. The byte you have to change for the leading Pokemon in your party is 0x20242D4, your second Pokemon's offset is 100 bytes beyond it at 0x2024338, the third is another 100 bytes beyond that etc. Here's a quick list of what values will give which status:

Spoiler:

There are also some ASM routines that allow you easily give a status to a Pokemon, special 0x64 in JPAN's engine is dedicated to this and Shiny Quagsire did a sleep routine in his ASM tutorial that you could tailor for other statuses.

aahhh... okay okay, I aint familiar in writebyteoffsets structure, but as far as I understand
    the format would be:
    Code:
    writebyteoffset 0x20242D4 0x80
    to make it badly poisoned... welp, thanks for linking me Shinyquagsires routine, it'd help me..
    by the way, is it for firered?

Last edited:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
  • aahhh... okay okay, I aint familiar in writebyteoffsets structure, but as far as I understand
    the format would be:
    Code:
    writebyteoffset 0x20242D4 0x80
    to make it badly poisoned... welp, thanks for linking me Shinyquagsires routine, it'd help me..
    by the way, is it for firered?

You wrote 'writebytetooffset' incorrectly, but your syntax is fine and will badly poison your first Pokemon.

And yes, it is for Fire Red :P

Lance32497

LanceKoijer of Pokemon_Addicts
    Years
  • You wrote 'writebytetooffset' incorrectly, but your syntax is fine and will badly poison your first Pokemon.

And yes, it is for Fire Red :P

ahahaha Lol... its 'write byte to offset' I thought it is 'write byte offset' lol, I really want to say thank you, ahahaha (goodluck on my hacked rom's first gym, it wont be easy lol.)

Back