• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Emerald RNG

Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2018
Hello! I am planning to do an all out shiny hunt on my emerald cartridge. [Castform, Kyorge, Groudon, Rayquaza, and all the Regi's, and even Sudowoodo{XD}) As I booted it up, it said the internal battery has run dry. Does this prevent me from hunting? And I have heard some weird things about the Emerald RNG, with set frames and such? Thanks in advance!:)

Years
Yes, there have been things about the Emerald RNG like frames and such that go off at specific times. But I heard that if your Ruby or Sapphire has its battery run dry, it becomes the same deal, so it might be the case with Emerald too.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
Emerald's PPRNG is broken, even if the game doesn't have a dry battery. You can still hunt on it and you'll get shinies, but you won't get exactly random seeds and so there's a chance that you could never get the shiny, or you can get multiple if you reset at the right time. If you want to hunt without the risk, I'd recommend just using Ruby/Sapphire. It's much more safe that way.

Years
Basically, if you soft reset for some time, and dont get the shiny, you should either give up or slowly longer the amount of time that passes before going into the battle.

Back