• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Haven [T/OOC]

Years
  • Sorry for the delay in my first post, my internet is currently down, and I can only post from my phone. I'll have it up ASAP. Just wanted to let you guys know.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
    Years
  • Nice, consider me recruited. :D
    1200 poke is lovely incentive. If Poob doesn't declare it all as property of the Empire of Poobia that is.
    Yes I just made that up.

But we still need one more imperial soldier member for our team! Anyone up for it? :3

I suppose I could leave that mission I had reserved and join in on you guys. Although tired, Fogg should be happy to help.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
    Years
  • If anyone wants to interact with Able before we all start heading out I'm totally open for it :p A bit of character interaction beforehand and all that X3

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2015
    I still need sombody for the a Souvenir mission. Just don't be too mean to Damien, or he could teleport away to somewhere dangerous.

So, just to make sure of something, you have to have three to go on a mission? Unless stated otherwise? I just want to make sure.

I think it would be more reasonable to make the baseline two. That way, there won't be anybody struggling to find others to go on a mission with.

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    So, just to make sure of something, you have to have three to go on a mission? Unless stated otherwise? I just want to make sure.

I think it would be more reasonable to make the baseline two. That way, there won't be anybody struggling to find others to go on a mission with.

it is actually as Churaka already explained c: Missions can be done alone, with two, three, or even four or five Pokémon if you like. it just depends on the difficulty of the mission and dungeon. for example, A Souvenir is in Brine Cove, which is a (slightly more difficult) one-star dungeon, and the mission itself is to grab an item that is probably lying around everywhere, so you could even do this mission by yourself if you wanted to.

So we, like, try to save a spot for missions here and then see if I can find teammates?
    Also, since Fogg's body is a cloud of poisonous gas, is there, like, a special something to make him able to carry it? Or should I make his fog so think it can carry objects?

yes, with regard to the missions you're basically right. you only have to find teammates if necessary for the mission chosen, but since going together is supposed to be the point of this RP, there are more missions for teams than there are for solos - but i can always make more if necessary too, haha.
    as for Fogg's gaseous body, i don't have an issue with any solution you may come up with, really. it's probably best to make Gastly able to concentrate his fog in places, so that way creating gaseous 'arms' that he can pick items up with. seems plausible to me c:

I've finished my Su. I ended up changing a lot. Oops. Hopefully it isn't too cringe worthy.

you didn't have to change everything really, haha. but regardless, your character is now accepted! feel free to start posting.

for him.

I'm trash.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    Eh I needed too. (In my opinion.) It's just a thing I have with characters I make. I tend to view them as my ugly step children no matter if I liked them when I finished them in the first place and once it gets really bad the character is thrown into the "trash." Anyways, I'll start writing soon and I'll have my first post up sometime tonight.

Edit: That didn't end up happening. I need to hop to bed, so I don't pass out tomorrow at school. I'll be sure to have it up by the end of today.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2015
    Alright, thanks for clearing that up for me.

I was hoping to do my mission with somebody, but I think I'll just do it alone. Nobody seems interested. Perhaps next time.

Years
  • Just broadcasting myself, my first post will be up fairly soon and I will be open for any missions. Let me know if you want an over-excitable Shinx to join your mission.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2015
    Sorry, I accidentally posted under my brother's account. We share a computer.

Just broadcasting myself, my first post will be up fairly soon and I will be open for any missions. Let me know if you want an over-excitable Shinx to join your mission.

Sorry guys, I had a busy weekend, Niishi will be up for missions now. :P

Like this. If you still need a partner, I'd be happy to! ^^

I'd be willing to have a team of 3. We might have to figure something out with the prize/award and stuff, but I think it will be fun!

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • Sorry, I accidentally posted under my brother's account. We share a computer.

I'd be willing to have a team of 3. We might have to figure something out with the prize/award and stuff, but I think it will be fun!
    That's why I get on my phone :P

Nice. Keep an eye out for my first post, PM me with any ideas you have.

Alright, team of 3 set. :D

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    if you have three people, it is possible to take on a higher-level missions too, if you like, so you wouldn't have to share such a small reward ( ´ ▽ ` )ゞ but of course that's not mandatory or anything.

good effort on the posts so far though! i really like reading about all of your characters c:

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Sorry for the late SU. I had a toss up between 3 different Pokemon since my initial post here haha and I even got their histories planned out lol, but I settled for this anyway. Also, what is CSS I have no clue on how to do it.

~*~*~

Name: Belle
    Pokemon Species: Espurr
    Level: 10

Appearance:
    The taft of fur on her forehead grew long enough to make bangs between her eyes.

History:
    Belle is the sole child of her Meowstic and Liepard parents. However, she vaguely remembered her parents. After all, it wasn't long after her birth when her family was caught in an incident. The memory of a towering Bisharp holding her dead mother's body, and her father holding them back as she escaped the forest was the only thing she could remember about them, forever etched in her memory.

Running away, Belle bumped into a group of Porygon on their way to Wyatt Caverns. It was their yearly migration to find the caves with the most static electricity. At the time, she was still young and incapable of speech, but her tears as she cling on one of the Porygon's body showed how much she had been through. Feeling sorry for the little Espurr, they decided to bring her with them. Too young to even remember her name, her name was given by the Porygon. She was then raised by the Porygon group since.

A few years later, Belle heard of the news that the Bisharp that had killed her parents has been spotted. In search of revenge, she left the Porygon group. She had heard tales of exploration guilds from them, and so she went off to Haven to apply for the guild. She hopes that maybe, being in an explorer guild might help her in her pursuit for the outlaw...

Personality:
    Porygon are known for their monotonous speech, and because of that Belle adapted it into hers as well. Her speeches are extremely monotone and robotic, calculating every step and being extremely logical. Not to mention, since Porygon can't express emotion, she has lost her ability to do so as well. She has never socialized with other Pokemon of varying personalities, and so she tries to stay away from them, often giving others the cold shoulder. Because of that, Pokemon generally find her creepy.

Despite that, she really hates being alone. Solo missions are alright, but if allowed to, she'd rather choose to go on a mission along with someone. She's really agreeable, willing to do what others ask her to as long as it won't hurt someone. When on a mission, she prioritizes the success of a mission more than anything.

Thanks to that incident, she has a terrible fear of Bisharp. Most of the time, she will freeze while confronting one. She also has a slight dislike for Pawniard as they remind her of a Bisharp.

Moveset: Scratch | Leer | Confusion | Assist (EGG)

~*~*~

And don't worry, I'm planning to make her slowly showing emotions as she goes through character development. :P

If this is unaccepted then I'll tone down her monotonous nature

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    Sorry for the late SU. I had a toss up between 3 different Pokemon since my initial post here haha and I even got their histories planned out lol, but I settled for this anyway.

no worries, i like it! as long as she does improve after working together with some of our eccentric guildmates (。 >艸<) you are accepted!

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
    Years
  • Just for future reference, I have a VERY ad habit of calling Able a Ninjask. She's an old character of mine that usually starts off as a Ninjask soooo I tend to be making that mistake alot here. I'll do my best to spot mistakes and edit them out XD

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
    Years
  • To those who were tagging along on the "Give It Back" mission, are we waiting for others to finish their introductory posts? Or should we already start working on a JP to begin?

Margaery Tyrell

Growing Strong
    Years
  • If there are reservations, please reserve a spot for me!! :3 I'll write up a SU form tonight, hopefully.

This looks very promising, I love the PMD atmosphere. :)

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
  • To those who were tagging along on the "Give It Back" mission, are we waiting for others to finish their introductory posts? Or should we already start working on a JP to begin?

I don't think we need to wait, but I'm only going to be available for a JP this Sunday, and only for a few hours. I would suggest talking with Churaka so we can arrange a time, and to ask if she is available then as well. I do know that I won't be around until 12:30 at the latest (Eastern Time Zone) so it'll have to be some time after then.

In the meantime, I think we should all make single posts for now. I'm going to drop one of Poob interacting with Fogg.

Margaery Tyrell

Growing Strong
    Years
  • tumblr_ndefdcfqDX1ttdkobo1_400.gif

Name: Angela Fey
    Pokémon Species: Cottonee
    Level: 10

Appearance: Angela's physique is much the same as any other Cottonee, with the same tufts of cotton that engulf her core form, and the leaves that sprout out from her sides. However, Angela is different only by her coloration –the cotton tufts are a soft, faded silk yellow, her eyes a glossy vibrant green– the most eye-catching of her rare colors are her leaves. The leaves match the orange of autumnal tree leaves, but in light they shine like gold. Her leaves are slightly shorter than the average Cottonee's, and her general puffiness seems to be disproportionate to her core body, leaving Angela to appear larger than she really is.

History: Angela lived with her uncle in a small town after her mother died protecting her from an invasion of Muk in their forest home. Angela was very young at the time, however, and doesn't remember her mother much, nor her father.

Her uncle, Robert, would tell her stories of her parents' misadventures when they were partners in the profession of fairy magic and healing – Angela's mother was adept at causing mayhem with various spells (RE: stun spore, toxic, stuff like that) and apparently met her father, a Clefable, when finding ingredients for a new potion. Angela's favorite stories were centered on these adventures and missions that her parents went on to help others, or even just to explore new regions together. As Angela grew older, Robert told her more about what they found and discovered – Angela being a thrill seeker, was particularly keen on the details of these findings. When it came to pass that Angela could begin preparing herself for the wild, she begged her uncle to teach her the same arts her parents practiced – Robert was reluctant, but he too loved mysteries and the exploring the vast world they lived in. It was long ago that he soloed as an explorer, but he never reached any form of infamy as an explorer. As much he wished to have Angela live with him, he couldn't deny her own dreams.

So, Robert began mentoring and sparring with Angela – he taught her the basics of fighting, a necessity for those who venture the wild. Most of his teachings went towards bringing out Angela's potential as a witch, getting her to tap into her magical abilities. With months of training and discovering a power that she inherited from her father, Angela left her small beginnings with the guidance of her uncle to something grand – a distant city, one that went by the name of Haven where explorers all over the region came to hone their skills and gain prestige.

Personality: Angela is by nature a thrill seeker – she loves adventure, and doesn't flinch from danger. She goes with her instincts, and often gets caught up in whatever is happening around her. She struggles with wanting to act in how she envisioned her parents being: compassionate, selfless, and unafraid to make sacrifices. Angela often acts with herself in mind, and isn't afraid to be pragmatic. With a sharp wit and perceptive heart, she aims to be someone worth telling stories about – but in order to do so, she must learn lessons that she is not like to forget.

Moveset: (egg move) Encore, Absorb, Fairy Wind, Growth, Leech Seed, Stun Spore.

Last edited:
    Back