• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Begin Again (IC)

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023

trainercard-Gabrielle%201_zpsfnncgook.png

Moonlit Mountain​

Route 3

"Well, Gabby. Here is where we part ways." Ezio said, turning to Gabrielle. The Pâtissière grinned at her friend, hugging him before stepping away.

"I guess so." Gabrielle said, looking at the entrance to Mt. Moon. Her Chansey stood beside her, and on her bag strap are three Pokeballs, the Skiddo's newly caught Premier Ball resting snugly on its new spot in her team. "Adieu mon ami, oh and tell Rosalina that I said 'Hi.'"

"Don't worry, I will." Ezio said. He waved, walking down the path to Cameron. Just as the boy turned the corner, a black and blue dog-like Pokemon popped its head sleepily out of his backpack. And then he was gone.

"... Was that-" Gabrielle tried, shaking her head. "No, no. I must be hallucinating. Anyway, shall we go Euphy?"

"Chansey!"

Mt. Moon
Appropriate BGM

"W-Woah..." The Pâtissière looked up at the large cave that is Mt. Moon. Never before has she been in a cave by herself, and the one time that she did she had to hold her mother's and sister's hands so that they won't get lost, so it was with a bit of trepidation and excitement did she enter the mountain. It's time for some exploration!

The cave is a series of tunnels crossing over each other, an easy place to get lost in, especially for someone like Gabrielle. The colors of the walls are indistinct from the local Geodude, which would make it harder to traverse and make her way through. Bioluminescent mushrooms can be seen growing in the damp corners of the cave, lighting up the way for travelers.

Since Mt. Moon is a solutional, limestone cave, it has high ceilings, with fearsome stalactites where Zubat frequently make their home. The limestone flooring also make it somewhat hard for Gabrielle to traverse on her skates, the rough and slippery rock having little traction for feet.

Thankfully enough, the well-traveled path is more worn, and is much easier to walk on. So as long as the Pâtissière doesn't stray from the path, she won't lose her way in this labyrinthian cave.

Ten minutes, a few sidepaths, and a Zubat swiping her Rock Cake later, she's lost.

"So much for not getting lost." Gabrielle sighed, pulling the Pith helmet down to hide her blush. Chansey shook her head beside her, resigned that she's traveling with a perpetually lost girl. "Hmm... maybe I could find a Nosepass? That way I won't get lost anymore. Or maybe some other Pokemon here that can show me the way."

She watched as a family of Paras pass from one tunnel into another, muttering their species' name while holding something on their little paws. Chansey looked from the wild Pokemon to her trainer, wondering why they stopped. Then, the Pâtissière's eyes lit up as if she had an epiphany.

"Oh, right!" Gabrielle said, tapping her hand to her palm. She grabbed a ball from her strap and released the Pokemon inside it. The Grass Goat appeared in front of her, bleating its species' name in greeting. "Skiddo here lived outside. Do you know the way to Cerulean City?"

Skiddo shook his head, having never step foot in Mt. Moon before.

"Ah, I guess it was too good to be true." She said, hanging her head. "Oh well. Maybe I should just capture one of the other Pokemon here and see if they can show us the way. Perhaps one of those Paras we saw earlier?"

Gabrielle looked at her Skiddo, who was now talking animatedly with her Chansey. Despite being caught quite recently, this morning in fact, it looked like it had no hard feelings towards her. She remembered the few times her mother caught a Pokemon, one particularly stubborn Metang took about a year before it warmed up to her, and it only really followed her mother once it learned that Gabrielle herself was in trouble.

Looking at her watch, it was past noon. Realizing that she missed lunch, she immediately called for a break and sent out Sweets to help with setting up a small camp in the tunnel of the cave. She just finished preparing her portable stove when she noticed Skiddo looking at her and her Pokemon as they worked.

"Oh, I haven't properly introduced myself, have I?" Gabrielle asked the Mount Pokemon, who tilted its head to the side in confusion. "I'm Gabrielle Recette. I came from Kalos where Skiddo like you are quite common." She smiled at him, "I traveled here to Kanto to fulfill my dream as an aspiring Pokemon Pâtissière."

The Skiddo huffed.

"What do they do? Well, a Pâtissière is someone who makes sweets." She explained, taking out a plastic air-tight container filled with brownies. Sweets the Slurpuff stopped what it was doing and hopped up to the girl, who kept it away from the dessert with a hand. "Euphy and Sweets also help me out in the kitchen, you could help out if you want?"

Skiddo turned his head away, showing its displeasure at the notion.

"Should have expected that." Sweat beaded down the back of Gabrielle's neck, her expression sheepish. She turned Sweets around and urged it to continue its work, who eyed the sweets longingly before doing what it was told.

Time passed as the girl and her Pokemon set up their temporary camp in the cave. The girl watched as the pot she filled with salted water bubble, preparing to cook a meal for herself and her Pokemon. She poured a measured amount of pasta into the water and covered the pot with its lid. Sighing, she sat back on the rock, keeping an eye on her watch and the pot, in-case it bubbled up and overflowed.

"It would have been better if I used Fresh Pasta," she said to herself, referring to a freshly made pasta instead of the preserved ones she's using. She prepared the roux, a mixture of melted butter and flour, making sure that she didn't brown it. She's making Béchamel sauce to go with her pasta. She would have made Carbonara, but she doubted that she'll be able to cook it reliably.

With that in mind, she continued on her task of making lunch with half her mind thinking up ways on how to escape from the mountain. What she wouldn't do for a companion right now, or at least a Nospass. She bets she wouldn't get lost with the Rock-type in her party.

"Oi, what is that wonderful smell?" A Hiker trudged up the path into the clearing Gabrielle has set up camp. The burly man is heaving a large backpack on his back and using a walking stick to help his climb. He gave a smile that showed off all his pearly whites, and Gabrielle couldn't help but smile together with him. "Afternoon, lass. A bit late for lunch, ain't it?"

"I suppose?" Gabrielle said, unsure herself. "I've been wandering around this cave for some time that I lost track of time. I can't find my way to Cerulean City."

The Hiker guffawed at that, sitting back on his bum as he decided to take a break. "First time in this cave, I take it? These sorts of things happen, don't let it get you down lassie."

Gabrielle had to smile at that. The Pâtissière tucked a loose strand of her hair behind her ear, patting Sweets who went beside her and peered into the cooking pot.

"Is that your Pokemon?" The Hiker asked, and she nodded.

"Yes, this is Sweets, my Slurpuff. She's a bit of a glutton, but she's reliable in a pinch." She said. "Oh, by the way, would you like to stay for lunch, Mr...?"

"Ai, how rude of me." The Hiker cleared his throat, and tried to stand only to fall back down on his rear. Gabrielle was about to move to help him, but after nearly tipping over the pot and bumping the deep pan, she settled instead to giving the Hiker an apologetic glance. "Name's Douglas. Hiker Extraordinaire! Been climbing mountains since I was a wee lad."

"It's nice to meet you, Monsieur Douglas. I'm Gabrielle, and someday I hope to become the world's first Pokemon Pâtissière." Gabrielle introduced herself. "I'm travelling around Kanto to participate in the Pokemon League and try my hand on some Pokemon Contests."

"Ya ain't from Kanto then?" The Hiker asked, accepting a plate from Gabrielle, who already finished cooking. The girl split the pasta into a few more plates and handed them to her Pokemon. The Skiddo looked at the Paste oddly before shrugging it off. The Hiker raised a brow at the girl's action, but continued talking. "I'm from Sinnoh myself. If you haven't been there, you definitely should visit Snowpoint City. Quite a sight to see, it is."

"I'll remember that, Douglas." Gabrielle hummed, dismayed that Skiddo wouldn't eat her pasta. Sometimes Pokemon could be so picky. "And no, I'm not from Kanto. Je suis Kalosian."

"Ah, from Kalos then." Douglas the Hiker nodded to himself, "Haven't been there myself, but I've 'eard a lot about it from a friend of mine. Lots of unusual Pokemon there I reckon."

"Er, I wouldn't use the term 'unusual'..." Gabrielle scratched her arm in embarrassment. Still, she thought about how their Pokedex has a large variety of Pokemon Species compared to other regions. She looked at Skiddo, who was lounging on one side of the camp, his food untouched. "I think it's just that we have quite the suitable environment for Pokemon."

"Aye. I suppose that is the case." The Hiker simply agreed. He then watched as the girl urge her Pokemon to eat the dish she made. "What're you doing there?"

"Oh, uh... I'm trying to get my Skiddo to eat his food." She turned to her guest, the plate on her hand.

"With Pasta?" The Hiker asked with a raised eyebrow. With some difficulty, he managed to stand up and make his way to the girl's side. "Your Skiddo definitely wouldn't eat that. Pokemon have special diet, didn't they teach you that in Trainer School?"

"I've never been to School." She placed down the plate beside her, wondering what to do with it. "My Dad is a big worry-wort. He's always out for work, and my Mom might get called to duty at a moment's notice. So, Mom taught us what we needed to know about Pokemon at home." She tapped her chin, thinking about the lessons her mother gave her. "Though, I think she said something along those lines."

Instead of commenting about that, the Hiker took out something from his bag, a metallic cylinder, and opened it up. Inside were brown pellets, and Gabrielle knew instantly what they are.

"Pokemon Food?" She asked, just to be sure.

"Yep, made them myself." The Hiker grinned, filling up a bowl of Pokefood for the Skiddo.

The Skiddo stared at Gabrielle, and huffed at her before eating it.

"See? There are just food that Pokemon wouldn't eat." Gabrielle approached the Hiker and her Skiddo, peering into the can as she did. She then picked up a pellet, turning it over to examine it. Then, she did something that surprised the Hiker. She put it inside her mouth and chewed on it. "Hey, wait! That's not-"

"Aspear and Iapapa Berries... Right?" The girl asked, sniffing her fingers after tasting the pellet. "And you sprinkled it with a bit of lime and lemon for scent."

"Er, yes." The Hiker paused, looking between the can in his hand and the girl. "How'd you know that?"

"The Aspear's fruit is hard, unlike the soft and tender Iapapa. That's why few people hardly use them together like you did. Their texture just don't complement each other, not like Lime does with Lemon." She explained, taking another pellet and snapping it in half. The gooey filling hidden inside the hard pellet oozed out. "But instead, you cooked them separately, and used the Iapapa as a filling. That way, with a bite, the sour flavor explodes in your mouth. Quite the technique, it's like puffins, huh?"

"I guess so." The Hiker said, taken aback by the girl's explanation.

"What made you pick these two berries?" Gabrielle asked the Hiker, who held his rounded belly and guffawed.

"Aside from them being cheap?" The Hiker grinned. "It's a favorite of my Rock-types."

Gabrielle nodded. A lot of Rock-type Pokemon favor Sour flavoring. Her mother had quite a diverse team, as expected from a member of a team that is expected to respond in all kinds of situations. When she was a kid back in Kalos, she often cooked a few dishes for her mother's Pokemon.

It was a case of trial and error. Sometimes, they'll devour her creations with much gusto, while at other times they wouldn't even touch the food. Soon enough, she noticed a pattern. Depending on the Pokemon type, they favor one flavor to another.

Rock-types, for example, mostly like Sour foods, while they aren't too keen on Sweet and Bitter foods. There are exceptions of course, like Lickitung whose species dislikes Sour foods when Normal Types like just about every flavor. And then there are deviants, like a Golem who hates Sour foods, but likes Dry and Sweet foods.

It's rather hard to tell what Pokemon like with their food, since only a select few can speak the Human Language. She once met a talking Slowking, and boy was he a fountain for information on what Pokemon like and don't like.

"Ay't." The Hiker grunted, getting back up to his feet. "I got to get going soon. Where'd you heading again? I'll show you the way so you don't get lost."

"Oh uh... Cerulean." Gabrielle blushed in embarrassment. She then quickly ran around the camp, packing up her supplies. "Right! Thanks! Let me just fix my things and we'll get going."

Douglas simply chuckled as he watched the girl bustle around.

"Thank you again for accompanying me, Mr. Douglas." Gabrielle said to the Hiker for the nth time. "I might have been wandering around this cave for who knows how long if we didn't meet."

"Don't mind it at all, lass." Douglas laughed, using his walking stick to help climb the slight incline of the tunnel. Gabrielle is walking beside him, her Chansey and Skiddo flanking slightly behind her. "It's a Mountaineer's duty to help people lost in mountains."

"I'll find a way to make it up to you." Gabrielle insisted. "It just doesn't feel right accepting your help like this."

"Whatever helps you sleep at night." The Hiker sighed.

A comfortable silence settled between them, broken only by the screech of the occasional Zubat, the sound of wood on stone, and the shuffling of feet. As for Gabrielle, she entertained herself by taking in the sights of Mt. Moon. This is her first time here, and hopefully not the last. The habitat in this mountain is very different from those in Kalos. In fact, she can actually just close her eyes, breathe in, and feel the natural energy vibrating from rocks all around her.

She wonders if this is what makes Mt. Moon so mystical? She actually would mind getting lost here.

The flapping of wings broke her from her revere, and she looked back to see a Zubat following them. For hours now, she has seen it fluttering around behind her, staying just in the edge of her senses since she first entered the mountain.

"Hey, Mr. Douglas?" She called the Hiker's attention, who simply grunted in acknowledgement. "Do Zubat follow people?"

"'Do Zubat follow people?', that's the first I've heard of that." Douglas said, huffing. "I guess if it's trained, it can. Why?"

"Hm... nothing." She looked at the Zubat, who was content in staying back, and started walking again.

"Oy, lass! Watch out!" Douglas suddenly shouted, grabbing the girl's attention. She turned just in time for her to see that she was about to go down into another sidepath, when the ground underneath her feet gave way.

With a scream, Gabrielle fell down the sidepath, followed by her Skiddo who jumped after her. Douglas and Chansey could do nothing but watch as Gabrielle and her Pokemon disappeared into the dark abyss.​

Last edited:

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Danica Chandler
Cerulean City - Nugget Bridge
A New Rival!

"You're... welcome?" Floyd Pinkman said, and raised an eyebrow in confusion. He had the feeling that the girl's thanks were not really sincere, almost as if she didn't want to say thanks at all. And on top of that, she didn't look happy she had been saved at all!! But why? Why wouldn't this girl give her thanks in a way that he deserved? Why was she being so... ungrateful?

On the other side of the story, Danica Chandler was feeling a whole lot of bad emotions brewing in her head; a mix of regret about leaving Viridian, anger about the situation he had been forced to go through, uneasiness stemming from Poison-typed Pokémon like the ones she had to face in battle, a feeling of betrayal due to Quinn's refusal to battle the Grunt... The list goes on, and I'm not going to bother with that. I believe you all got the point. Anyway, back to the story, Danica's head was like a volcano about to erupt. And the lava rain was certainly going to be nasty.

She shakily grabbed a Pokéball and recalled her disobedient Slowpoke, and glared at her with burning eyes. The green-haired boy began to feel irritated, given that now Danica was practically ignoring him. He cleared is throat to draw the girl's attention.

"Hey, you gotta show a little bit more respect." Floyd said, and recalled his Pokémon, "After all, I did save your life."

And that was it. The last straw. She bit her lip and turned around to face the egotistical boy. "SHUT UP!" she barked, "If my Slowpoke would have obeyed my commands, I would have probably have defeated that grunt all by myself!"

"Well, MY Pokémon are loyal an obedient to me." Floyd replied, "That's probably because I'm such an awesome trainer. Here, these two badges are proof of that."

Great, now this so-called-hero was flaunting his success in front of her. Couldn't he just leave her alone? Was it really necessary to show off his accomplishments to a girl who was having one of the worst, most unlucky days of her life? She sighed, and all the anger in her eyes began to slowly fade away. The bad part had passed by, and Danica reverted to her normal deadpan self after taking a deep breath.

"Look, I don't really care." she said, "I appreciate you helping me out, but now you're out of line. So back off."

Floyd's eyes widened. Nobody had ever talked to him like that. Not to his face, at least. He couldn't believe it, or didn't want to. "Humph. Whatever." he said, "I have to go. My third badge awaits me in Vermillion City." He felt odd, as if he had been riding a Rapidash at full speed and this girl, this weird, blue-haired girl had knocked him off. But he smirked. "You know, I really want to battle you right now, but you're probably not in any condition to do so. So I guess it's farewell for now. May our paths cross again." He walked by the blue-haired girl that had dealt such a blow to his ego and resumed his journey to Vermillion City, south of Cerulean. As the pretentious green-haired boy left, Danica couldn't help but say out loud,

"What a tool."

She grabbed her Pokégear and gave a call to her brother. She needed to talk to someone, and Brian Chandler was the only person in the world that she found trustworthy enough to talk to. Brian picked up the phone quite quickly, and Danica walked to the other side of the bridge while telling her brother about her awful day. Nearby Trainers, luckily for the blue-haired girl, were polite enough to not bother her to quench their thirst for battle. Another Trainer would do the trick.

Years
  • Age 51
  • Seen Aug 16, 2015
PEWTER CITY- Pokémon Center
Octavius Kraig
Badges-0

Octavius sat on a long bench facing the entrance of the huge Pokémon center. Pewter City was huge compared to his neck of the woods. He didn't like it very much. The forest was his home. Where the trees groaned under his weight. Where the sounds of his worst fears was around every corner. Pokémon. Octavius shivered at the thought of all the different monsters he was going to meet. Pokémon had used to be his friends but that all changed when his sister died. What kind of Pokémon had killed her again? Octavius couldn't remember. He would never, however, forget its faces. The three headed dragon had come in a rampage and destroyed his home, killing his sister inside. Octavius never got to say goodbye.

He shook himself violently to stop the thoughts bouncing around in his head. Asher placed a clawed hand on his back, reassuringly. Octavius nodded and stood. Today was not the day to be pouting, he needed to go catch more Pokémon. Sure, Asher was fantastic at battling, but he could only go so far. Octavius needed another Pokémon he could trust. What type should he get, though? Fire types were brash but brave. Rock types were sturdy and defensive. Water types could be the best or worst of Pokémon. Fairy types were just stupid. Dragon types could be too violent. Dark types were petrifying. Oh the decisions.

Octavius walked out of the Pokémon Center determined to find a Pokémon in the surrounding area. He walked out into a busy street that lead him to Viridian. Slowly, he entered the tree-line. The familiar sounds of Pokémon running around. The soft dirt under his feet. It reminded him of home. Fear and excitement rushed into his bloodstream. Pokémon had that effect on him. It had been a while since Asher and he had fought some wild Pokémon together. As if the forest had heard his thoughts, a Pokémon swung down in front of him. Asher pushed Octavius ready to defend his trainer. Octavius used the push to send him into a flip. He landed lightly a hand out stretched before him. The Pokémon stood on two legs with beefy light brown thighs. A sharp nose stuck out from what looked like a white mask on brown fur.

Octavius raised his Pokedex and aimed it at the Pokémon. "Nuzleaf, the Wily Pokémon," Dexter read, "This Pokémon pulls out the leaf on its head and makes a flute with it. The sound of Nuzleaf's flute strikes fear and uncertainty in the hearts of people lost in the forest." Octavius nodded thoughtfully looking at the grass/dark type. It would be helpful with this first gym. After all, grass is super effective against rock. This Pokémon would make an excellent addition to the group. Octavius readied a Pokeball in his hand. He was going to catch his first Pokémon tonight.

(Updated)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 29, 2017
Pewter city- recreational building

Act 1--- Setting the stage

"Why, man, he doth bestride the narrow world
Like a Colossus, and we petty men
Walk under his huge legs and peep about
To find ourselves dishonourable graves...Isn't that right Brutus?"
Shouted Kaito turning to his starmie.
Normally a Starmie in a toga would be an unusual sight but this was a stage and the toga was a costume.
The audience still didn't know how to react to it though.

"Men at some time are masters of their fates:
The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars,
But in ourselves, that we are underlings!"
The starmie then hummed as if in contemplation.
Scattered claps echoed faintly. Overall Kaito thought his starmie played a great Brutus.

Kaito Hiroaki had an unusual interest.
While it isn't unusual for someone to aspire to be an actor, even Kaito didn't know if
There were any other trainers that wanted to teach their pokemon how to be an actor.
But Engetsu was Kaito's partner and best friend, if he was going to the top his starmie was going with him.

"I think that went ok, didn't you Engetsu?"
The starmie made a humming sound which Kaito understand as approval.
"I can't wait to show the video to dad, he'll love it!"
Kaito looked at vhs tape in his hand for a moment and thought about his father.
"He seemed happy that mom and I were moving to Kanto with him."
"I guess news reporters don't make as much money in Hoenn."
"We could have stayed there and kept doing pokemon contest but this is gonna be much more interesting."
said Kaito with a grin.
"We'll conquer the Pokemon League here and be as famous as Red!"
"Then everyone will come see our plays...we'll MAKE pokemon theater a thing!"
"But come on Engetsu let's hurry to the pokemon center, I feel rediculous walking through Pewter in a toga."
The starmie bounced eagerly behind Kaito and they hurried on.

"aaaahhh, this feels much better." sighed Kaito, putting on his street clothes.
He dressed in a rather simple fashion: A white sleeveless shirt and knee shorts with a blue pair of running shoes.
But he slipped his dark tinted sunglasses on for luck.
"It just occured to me, where is the pewter gym?"
The starmie hummed and Kaito took that as a "I don't know."

"We could ask that boy there, sitting on the bench in front of the pokemon center...
He doesn't look to be in the best mood though does he Engetsu? "
"Looks kind of scary actually, let's keep our distance...for now."
"I have an idea!"
Lets go visit the museum here in Pewter, it's easy to find and we may find the gym along the way to!"
If we don't find the gym we can just ask the nurse here later."

Engetsu bounced behind him, Kaito never kept his starmie in a pokeball except when he needed to heal it at a pokemon center.
They took off down the street going north and did some sightseeing eager to take in the new sights and sounds of this town.

(to be continued..) :D

Last edited:
Years
VUy9Oxk.png

Clarity "Clare" James
Incoming Gym Battle
061.png
700.png
021.png

Clarity stood out the front of the Cerulean City Gym, constantly checking the time to see when Tasman would arrive. He was late enough as it was, but by now it was getting quite close to time for the sun to set.

Impatience and disappointment were quickly getting the better of the girl, so with a sigh she entered the building.
I wonder what the hold up is… still I can't wait forever.

The interior of the Cerulean gym was painted a pale blue with the lobby being decorated to give the appearance of being below the surface of the sea. Intricate artwork of various ocean-dwelling pokemon covered the walls. Around the edges of the room was comfortable seating, a desk at the end of the room occupied by a young woman. Clarity walked over to the desk to see the receptionist
"I'd like to battle Misty, if that's okay." the receptionist looked up from the computer and gave a pleasant, albeit rehearsed, smile
"You picked a good day, it's been relatively quiet and there aren't any bookings yet this evening either."
"There aren't?" Clarity questioned, she had expected that Tasman had booked ahead for his battle but it seemed that he hadn't thought to do that "Well okay then."

The receptionist pressed a button on the desk
"Please take a seat, Misty will be here to see-"
"I'm here!" the voice of another female sounded as the door at the back of the lobby area opened up. An older girl wearing blue swimwear with short orange-brown hair had practically burst into the room. Clarity's eyes lit up at this new appearance, pretty much anyone in Cerulean City would have recognised her as Misty "Thank God, I have been so bored these last few hours. Please come on through."

Clarity followed Misty back through the door into a large room with the same coloured walls and floor as the lobby. Around the edges of the room were tiered seating for any spectators that may come to watch gym battles or special events. The most notable aspect of this room though was, as with many gyms, the arena. The Cerulean City Gym in particular of Kanto's eight gyms was quite unique as instead of your typical dirt battlefield a large pool occupied the centre of the room to create an environment especially suited to the water-types that Misty specialised in. Dotted around the pool were floating platforms so that land-based pokemon were still able to participate in gym battles. Clarity had seen this sight before having visited the arena for many of the events put on by the gym, but it seemed a lot more dramatic to her now as she was set to compete for her first badge.

Misty walked around to an indicated spot at the other side of the battlefield as Clarity took her place by the door.
"I've seen you around before." Misty called across the room "What's your name?"
"Clare" Clarity responded, using her preferred name "Nice to properly meet you."
"Alright Clare, this will be an official battle for a cascade badge. Sound good to you?"
"Excellent"

For a few moments a referee explained the rules, but then it was time for the battle to begin.
"Poli, let's go!"
"Let's go, Lanturn!" the trainers called as their pokemon appeared in a flash of light. Atop of one of the platforms, Clarity's Poliwhirl emerged whilst a blue fish pokemon with yellow bulbs dangling in front of its head appeared in the water in front of Misty.

Misty made a sweeping gesture with her hand
"After you" a comment that Clarity was about to respond to when a sudden commotion could be heard outside in the lobby. The door flung open suddenly to reveal a panting Tasman
"Sorry I'm late Clarity." He breathed "Lost track of time but I'm here." Clarity just sighed
"I told you, it's Clare." It was at this point that Tasman realised he had interrupted the beginning of the battle
"Oh… uh… sorry."

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 29, 2017
Pewter City - Museum

Act 2--- Museum Showdown
introducing Daixtey as
Sebastian Coxton

"50 yen huh?" Kaito gave the man at the counter and proceeded to look around the museum.
There were skeletons of various ancient pokemon hanging from the ceiling.
"Certaintly wouldn't wanna run into that in a dark alley would we Engetsu?"
Kaito pointed and a skeleton of a large reptilion winged pokemon.
Further in the museum Kaito spotted a glass case lined across the wall with some
strange looking rocks. A tall dark haired man was looking into the case thoughtfully.
"So...uh just what are we looking at dude?" said Kaito as he strolled over to the case.

Sebastian was thinking about if he already seen those fossils before, this museum did have quite the collection as he spend some time already walking around. As he now ended up on these glass encased examples, as he got teared out of his thoughts hearing something he gave a slight look over his shoulder seeing somebody else come up to it he began walking along and slightly further away hoping to have his peace trying to find out something new. Sebastian had to admit the trip to the museum was worth to learn a little more about paleontolgy as it was quite interesting, even though these creatures have mostly been long extinct. Sebastian gave another look over the other person in this hall of the museum now quick to be turning back.

"I guess that person didn't hear me Engetsu.
These rocks have funny designs on them. I think I seen something like this on tv."
"Stop right there!" yelled a voice from across the room.
Kaito looked over his shoulder to see a woman dressed in black with a red R on her shirt
flanked by people in simular outfits.
"We'll be taking these fossils. If you two give any resistance we'll burn this whole place to the ground.

"What?" "Not on my watch!" yelled Kaito.

Sebastian ended up letting out an anoyed sigh hearing somebody else yell again, as he turned to where he heard it coming from. Looked like a bunch of people who have no interest in science or art, he thought instantly they just were there to cause some trouble with no respect for this museum as he walked past the other guy "Honestly, just look at you, you guys are like those guys who always interupted my readings too. But as always I know how to get them to leave me alone again" As Sebastian pulled out the Pokéball of his Totodile, looking over to the side "So you want to help with this?" He asked the other as always looking over him, he didn't look overly experienced just like Sebastian but he took what he could as these rude guys had the upperhand in terms of numbers.

"Yeah, let's give these guys a performance they'll never forget!" yelled Kaito.
The woman sneered and said "Think we won't do it? We will burn this museum down."
"No you won't! If you burn it down you'll destroy the funny rocks!" said Kaito.
"Fossils." corrected the woman with the red R on her shirt.

The woman then said "since there are two of you how about a double battle then?
Go Koffing and Ekans! Grunts light the building on fire on my command!"

Sebastian started this all of by simply flicking his Pokéball towards the middle in between them, out of it with a burst of light came, already jumping and flailing arms his Totodile looking around quite curious before spotting the strange people who Sebastian had to fight, making a hop backwards towards Sebastian and the other guy, getting into his very own fight stance "Yeah, Spike, looks like we have to battle again, can't get enough in this region it seems" as Totodile responding by nodding, and his tail seemed to wage in anticipation "Oh well, you know how we do, start of and fire your Water Gun at that Koffing, get it out of the air" The Totodile started to jump two times, once left, once right, and threw his head a bit back before firing a blast at Water at the Koffing. The way it flew made it not an easy target for Spike to hit, Sebastian was sure of that but the beam of water still managed to brush the Koffing's right side making it look like it tumbled in the air, Sebastian just nodded off looking at the Ekans and then at the guy next to him, not really commenting but still expected what was to come now from him as he saw the Ekans already starting to twirl quite mischieviously and stared the Starmie down.

"Engetsu, support your ally with reflect!" yelled Kaito and a the air shimmered around the two pokemon. "This guy knows what he's doing. I like our chances." thought Kaito to him self and grinned.

The woman looked at Koffing, twirling in the air trying to regain control over its flying, but looking like it has to fly low for some time before seeing what the Starmie was doing "tsk, don't think you get an addvantage out of this" As the Ekans stopped twirling "Now, Ekans" and suddenly it shot out from where it was laying, swirling its way towards the Starmie trying to bite it from the right side, as quickly as possible.

"Crap, Engetsu get out of the way and use a rapid spin" shouted Kaito but not quick enough.
A fang sunk into the starmies right side right before the starmie spun into the air.
"good think a reflect was up. bite is a dark type move and Engetsu is partly pyschic type.
It could have been worse but I'll have to make sure Engetsu doesn't get hit by that again.
Engetsu hit the ekans with an ice beam!" shouted Kaito but the impact of the bite
threw Engetsu's aim off only freezing ekans in place by the tail."

By this time the Koffing was getting to attack too, as the Ekans made a high pitch screeh flailing its tail around. Sebastian looked at the Koffing, as he guessed it would be attacking next "Spike, the Koffing watch it!" The Totodile did so, trying to stay focused not on the Ekans but the Koffing "Hey, you have the Ekans then" He said in a side sentence to the guy to his side, as Koffing seemed to get more rounded suddenly, and the woman made a little laugh "Looks like you recovered Koffing, okay do your work" As the Koffing descended to the Ekans, and suddenly purple smoke started to engulf both Pokémon and the area in between the woman and the other two, almost reaching them and making it impossible to see the Koffing and Ekans, till suddenly the Ekans eyes seemed to glow yellow in the smoke "You didn't think my Ekans would be stopped by an attack of one of my other Pokémon?" Making Sebastian sigh a little, as this turned rather complicated now.

"Engetsu, if we can't see the opponent then we'll have to try to sense the opponent.
use psychic and see if you can sense their location!" yelled Kaito.
The starmie let loose a low humming sound and slowly span in place.
Kaito thought Engetsu looked like he was imitating a radar.
"Now use your psychic attack on the koffing!" shouted Kaito and a beam of purple light shot through the fog from the starmie.

Sebastian rubbed his left ear a bit anoyed "You always have to yell?" before he followed the beam of purple. The Koffing in the meantime tried to move up in the smoke but as it was almost getting close it suddenly got hit to the ground by a beam it thought making it slightly dazed. Sebastian heard something got hit and heard it falling to the ground looking down at Totodile "Try the same blast this smoke away with the Water Gun" Spike followed that trying to build a Water Gun up strong enough firing from the right to the left side of the smoke, as it slowly lifted but only to reveal the Ekans again attacking the Starmi but this time it tried to use the chance of surprise attempting to wrap itself around as Totodile finished his water gun looking slightly exhausted and not really able to react instantly on the Ekans.

The ekans shot up at the starmie and wrapped it's body around it.
"Trying to take a hostage huh? and yes, I must yell, it's more dramatic that way!"
yelled (of course) Kaito.
"There's one thing you didn't consider though.
Spike and Engetsu are both water types.
Hey you! Hit both engetsu and ekans with the biggest water gun Spike can muster!"
yelled Kaito to the man beside him.

Before Sebastian could answer a snickering could be heard from the other side "We don't deal in hostages, kid" As the Ekans tighted its grip around the Starmie making it most likely unable to move, as Totodile just hopped once to face the two Pokémon, it jumped once more and suddenly it looked like something changed as it looked much less excited to be there as Sebastian faintly smiled seeing that "Alright, Spike, I know what you can do with your claws" As Spike just quickly ran very much focused on the Starmie and Ekans, before jumping and hitting with a really hard scratch the Ekans, as it flailed away from the Starmie the Totodile hitting the ground hard after he didn't think to plan in a landing after this attack. Sebastian saw in the side of his eye the Koffing, trying to get somehow up but having its problems and the Ekans is flailing trying to get away "Both of your Pokémon are about to be defeated, to fight on would just increase the time I have to deal with this, so why don't you just give up and help me not getting bored?" The woman didn't say anything but someone could feel the hatred she had towards him now after she had to listen to that, yet she didn't give up both her Pokémon though tried to get away.

"nice, your totodile is good with his claws." said Kaito.
Before retreating the woman turned to the two trainers and said.
"You two have just made a terrible mistake, my name is Kristina and you haven't seen the last of me or Team Rocket!"
Kaito noticed how pretty her red hair was before she stormed off then immediately felt bad for noticing such a thing.

GoldenHouou

Abstract Nonsense
Years

Sigurður "Sigur" Gunnarsson
Pewter City
"To the Relentless, the Spoils"

Okay.

Okay. So Sigur'd had a moment to calm down from his initial bout of frustration by now, and so his ability to assess the situation more rationally had also returned - to the extent it could, anyway. No, he still didn't have any idea as to how he could actually win, but he'd at the very least pinpointed the big problem here - well, apart from... Ratface having fucked everything up in the first place. Namely, the Grave-what's-his-face's defense was way too high for a puny rat to even leave a scratch on. So that meant that he had to somehow lower that defense before trying to launch another attack.

... And... yeah, that was it, pretty much. Okay, so it wasn't exactly a revolutionary revelation or anything, but it was a start. So with that, Sigur turned to the Pikachu, a hint of newly found tenacity framing his otherwise annoyed command: "Ratface, you aren't doing jack-shit to it right now." Said Captain Obvious, "Try to - well shit, I dunno, lower its defense first, somehow!"

Yeah, it was a pretty ambiguous order to be honest, but much to Sigur's surprise, the Pikachu didn't hesitate to spring into action regardless, as if it had known exactly what to do. It leapt forward on all fours, staring at the rock intently, clearly preparing for something. Which was... promising? At least the rat seemed to have some idea of what to do. Maybe it was gonna keep leering at the thing until the rock went apeshit or something? Sigur didn't know, but he figured it'd be something cool.

... Or at least, he did until the Pikachu suddenly broke eye contact in order to turn around, lift its tail high in the air and start to... swing its ass in the rock's face.

Holy shit, what the hell.

"Are you kidding me, Ratface, how's that gonna help?!"

Both irate and dumbfounded, Sigur pointed an accusing finger at the Graveler, ready to launch into a rant, when... when he noticed the rock's eyes were actually pretty focused on Ratface's ass. Tail. ... Backside? Whatever it was, the thing had definitely forgotten all about protecting itself from attacks for the time being. So... yeah. That... that worked too.

"... Okay, uh, you just - keep doing what you're doing, then. I guess." Sigur lowered the finger he'd used to point, too confused - and slightly disturbed - to really say anything else.

And so for what must have been several minutes, the teen found himself twiddling his thumbs as his electric rodent kept circling a talking rock, swinging its ass back and forth like it meant business.

Yeah, that's what his Pokémon career had come to. Seriously, this was what his parents had practically forced him to set out for. And then they wondered why he preferred to spend his time in the big city's entertainment district instead.

Fuck his life.

Pinching the bridge of his nose, Sigur finally groaned. "Okay, enough of that already! Attack it! Quick!"

On cue, the Pikachu nodded, launching itself towards the opponent, when a voice Sigur hadn't heard in a small while suddenly reached his ears.

"Quick, you say?"

Flinching, Sigur snapped his sights back to Brock, whose existence he'd all but forgotten at this point. Dude was way too quiet. There was an amused smiling on the man's face right now, though, and Sigur didn't like it one bit. "... Huh?"

"Graveler, Rock Polish!" Brock commanded, both his tone and gestures professional - and to be honest, show-offy. Ugh, Gym Leaders. "Let's show them true speed!"

And the rock obeyed. It curled into a ball, starting to grind its outermost layer of rocks against the rugged terrain underneath at incredible speeds. Ratface stopped on its tracks at the sight, backing away as small rocks flew every which way the arena, some threatening to knock into the electric type. Sigur wasn't an expert on all this, but he was fairly sure that whatever the Gravewhatever was doing didn't bode well for them. Like. At all.

"Ratface, snap outta it! Just attack!" He ordered, and the Pikachu shook its head, quickly continuing what it started - only for the Graveler to be gone when the rat reached it. Shocked, Sigur took a step backwards, the Pikachu mimicking its trainer's action.

"Wha-? It... vanished?!"

Brock smiled. "Look above."

They did, and much to the duo's horror, the rock was right above Ratface, its rugged edges trimmed into smooth, glass like surface. It looked... shaved. And creepy. But it wasn't that the two focused on - it was the huge boulder the thing was holding and the smirk that indicated that it wouldn't hold it for long.

"... Crap, Ratface, dodg-"

"Smack down!"

There was no time for the rodent to blink, much less react; the large boulder was thrown downwards straight at Ratface, its weight easily crushing the smaller Pokémon underneath. Sigur flinched, instinctively taking a rushed step forward. Holy hell, he didn't exactly like the Pikachu, but it didn't deserve to be splattered into a shitstain on the Gym's floor, either! Seriously, people enjoyed this!? Torturing these things for their own amusement? That thing was likely dead, and all of it was because some asshole hadn't let him get out of the city. And then people said he was out of line.

"That's... messed up."

"B'te," he suddenly heard Bál comment in a tone that bordered on being bored. Sigur turned to glance at her, following her gaze back to the battlefield and at the huge boulder, only to see... movement? Blinking, Sigur refocused his sight as a familiar yellow frame clawed itself into sight, bruised, exhausted, but still very much alive despite all the abuse. Like a cockroach. With electric powers.

"Pokémon are tougher than you think." Brock commented as if having read his mind. Great, now he was being lectured by Mr. Squints here. "Not that the Pikachu'll last long. Graveler, Rollout! Let's end this!"

"Whatever," Sigur deadpanned with an annoyed shrug. Except it... really wasn't whatever. He was going to shown this smug asshole, somehow, even if it took ten more minutes of watching Ratface's ass-swinging.

Wait, that... that's right, the Pikachu had lowered the thing's defenses, right? So then, another attack should at least do something now, if he could just catch thing. The Graveler was pretty much a sphere of destruction at this point, rolling towards the rat with incredible speeds. Ratface couldn't run head first into that, but then-

Too late.

Before Sigur had managed to figure out any proper plan of action, the Graveler had already reached Ratface - and send it flying in the air as its rolling form collided with the rodent's tiny body. And just as the Pikachu was about to fall back down, the rock turned and came back, repeating the earlier process of hit, fly, crap.

"For fuck's sake," Sigur cursed, no idea what the hell to do. He should have studied up on at least a few moves, apparently. All the Pikachu seemed to have was electricity, some kind of a fast, direct tackle thing and ass swinging, and none of that really helped any against this thing.

So when Ratface finally fell onto floor and the Graveler rolled onto the furthermost edge of the arena as if to prepare for a finishing move, Sigur grew increasingly frustrated at the looming threat of defeat.

"Graveler, finish it!" Brock commanded, as if that needed to be said out loud. Cocky prick. Pissed him right off.

And it was because of being pissed and not wanting to give up without at the very least having a final say, that Sigur shouted something that would soon turn out to game-deciding order, one way or another.

"Ratface! Get the fuck up and do something!" There was a rare hint of actual, honest worry in his voice, be that it stemmed from pride more than compassion. "Don't let that asshole win, just - just Reverse the situation somehow!"

Ratface's ears twitched at that order, and very shakily, the Pikachu stood up to face the incoming Graveler. Sigur fell silent, just watching as the Pikachu relentlessly stared down the approaching threat. Yeah, that... that was more like the Ratface that had attacked him before. But that didn't exactly help now, not anymore.

... Right?

The Rollout connected, but this time, Ratface wasn't sent flying. Instead, the Pikachu took the attack on with its tail, defending its body as the unstoppable rolling pushed the rodent across the entire battlefield. The rock-like body of the Graveler ground against the Pikachu's tail all the way, and it was clear from the latter's expression that it wasn't an exactly pleasant feeling. But throughout it all, Ratface never did close his eyes nor lose his consciousness.

And then, slowly, the rolling came to a halt and the two Pokémon stopped just barely within the arena's bounds - but not for long. The second the Graveler's advance stopped, the Pikachu did the unthinkable; with both its eyes and tail gaining a brownish glow, the Pokémon called out its name and, concentrating what looked like every single drop of energy it could muster out into the attack, used its tail to send the Graveler flying across the entire arena to the opposite side and straight into a solid wall - which cracked upon impact, sending a cloud of dust and debris flying everywhere.

"Reversal?!" Brock breathed out, raising his hand to protect his face from the shower of tiny rocks.

Sigur would have commented on how stupid the guy sounded, calling out words like a caveman, but he had a hard time getting his jaw closed to manage out a sound.

So, instead, he just stared. At everything. At the now-collapsed Ratface, at the Graveler, at Brock, at Bál whose eyes looked dangerously lit up by the carnage... and at a particularly nasty-looking rock flying straight towards him - and likely soon hitting him square in the face.

Because life sucked like that.

-------------

Pokémon on Hand
Spoiler:

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Danica Chandler
Cerulean Cape
Back on Track!

The other side of the Nugget Bridge was amazing. The air was delicious, and the scenery was just perfect. A blittle bit of the mountain side coming from Mt. Moon blended with the western part of town, where a river flowed under the golden bridge. As Danica headed east, the scenery changed and she entered a pretty straightforward maze of smal trees. That part of Cerulean Cape was teeming with trainers: some battling, some others looking for challengers. Danica was on the phone, however, and the trainers there were kind enough to leave her alone -or at least to wait until the girl hung up.

But she didn't. Danica continued to tell Brian about her horrible day. But she didn't focus on the events, rather on one thing: Quinn. She told her brother that she had caught a Slowpoke that strongly disliked her, and would ignore her commands. "Well, Pokémon are living beings and have personalities. Who knows why she dislikes you." Brian said, "But Pokémon are known to respect their trainers more the more badges they earn. There are also cases in which the trainer can earn the Pokémon's trust without the need of Badges, but I don't know much about that."

"I see." Danica said, "I'm planning on challenging the Cerulean City Gym Leader after I'm done training in Cerulean Cape."

"Cerulean Cape, huh?" Brian said, "Well, you might want to talk to Bill there. He's a renowned Pokémon Collector, and he might know a thing or two about your Slowpoke's attitude."

"Great." Danica said, "Where should I look for him?"

"He lives at his Sea Cottage, by the Lighthouse. You can't miss it." he said, "Okay, I gotta go. Good luck and be careful!"

"Thanks, bye." Danica said, thinking about the irony of that last 'be careful' part. As she out her Pokégear back in her hoodie's pocket, a familiar building with a red roof caught her eye. She didn't know they had set up a Pokémon Center in this part, given that the city was so close by, but she figured that with the Nugget Bridge Gang causing trouble around the area, the backtracking was much more difficult and expensive in some cases. She smiled in relief and made a dash out for the building, drawing many Trainers' attention.

Once inside, she did the usual procedure of handing her Pokémon over to Nurse Joy and wait in the lobby. Once again ignoring the creepy fact that she looked exactly like all the other nurses she had met, she went over to a vending machine and purchased some energy bars and lemonade to snack on. After the whole series of unfortunate events, nothing relaxed her more than having a snack without the pressure of having to battle people all the time. It allowed her to think straight for once.

Okay. After I'm done here, I'm going to stop by the Lighthouse and look for this Bill guy. The Gym Leader can wait.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 29, 2017
Pewter city - In front of Brock's gym.

Act 3--- Boulder Badge Bout.

"Pretty big building eh?" Said Kaito, intently starring at Pewter City's gym.
Kaito had completely forgotten about asking for directions in the museum.
The battle there had driven it out of his mind, but not for long.
After taking Engetsu to the pokemon center to heal up and getting a good night's sleep
they asked for directions from the stationed nurse.
The sun was rising high in the sky now and they couldn't be, or at least they felt, they couldn't be, more ready for this.

"Brock will see you soon." said a fairly bored looking receptionist glancing at the young man and the starmie
before going through a door behind the counter she was standing at.
She was right though Kaito didn't have to wait for long.
"Come on in!" said Brock motioning to a door that led to a larger room.
This room, was the size of a warehouse with a jutting rocky terrain for a floor.
White lines made a large box in the center of the room with a line and two circles in the middle.
This was a battlefield.

Brock stood at the opposite end of the field and crossed his arms.
"I thought you'd show up here sooner or later."
Kaito chuckled a bit and replied.
"I see we are already becoming famous around here!"
"Not really." said Brock.
"I keep an eye on trainers that seem to be worth my time. I've heard a rumor of an oddball with a starmie.
That is all. Don't let it get to your head. You'll need to focus. Your pokemon may have a type advantage,
but I'm the gym leader here, don't expect an easy battle.
I'll be using two pokemon. Get ready."

Brock tossed a pokeball into the air and sent out a geodude.
It was a pokemon that appeared to be a rock with arms and a face.
It floated in a manner Kaito found kind of erie.

"Ok, Engetsu let's show this guy how hard we've worked."
Engetsu bounced to the field
"You are the one that should be ready Brock! Just look at Engetsu's faa...er you know what? Nevermind!"
"Engetsu, use rapid spin!"
"Geodude tackle!" roared Brock

The two pokemon shot across the field sending a flurry of sparks upon impact.
"Magnitude!" commanded Brock and the geodude slammed it's arms onto the ground
shaking the ground nearly knocking Kaito off his feet.
"Go airborn!" shouted Kaito and the starmie spun into the air avoiding the shockwave by a second.

"Rock Throw!" yelled Brock.
the geodude dug two rocks from the field and threw them at the starmie hitting with a boom.
Engetsu fell out of the air and hit the ground hard.

"Engetsu, use recover!" shouted Kaito.
Engetsu began to glow and bounded off the ground poised for battle.

"Rollout!"
The geodude balled itself up and rolled high speed at the starmie.

"Reflect!" the air shimmered around Engetsu before the geodude slammed into the starmie.
"Don't underestimate our resolve! Push the attack geodude!"
The geodude spun on an axis and slammed into Engetsu again hitting even harder.

"Recover, Engetsu!" The starmie glowed again but the geodude swerved back at Engetsu sending
debris behind it.
The sound of the impact was like a canon this time. knocking the starmie across the field and into the wall.
"Recover once more!"
The geodude rocketted at Engetsu picking up even more momentum.
"now dodge! Rapid spin!"
Engetsu spun out of the way and the geodude crashed into the wall cracking it and raining debris.
"Now, use psychic!"
A purple jet of light shot from Engetsu blasting the geodude full force.
The geodude fainted.

"Not bad. Geodude return."
The geodude materialized into red light, returning to its pokeball.
"Now, let's see how you handle Onix."
Brock threw his pokeball and in a flash of light a colossal serpent of pure stone.
appeared in front of him. Each section of the onix spun like a chainsaw.
The mountain curled up and grunted looking at Engetsu with an alarming
mixture of curiousity and malice.

Kaito's eyes widened and took in this mountain.
"Psychic!" yelled Kaito.
Engetsu fired his pychic atack and hit Onix sqaurely but it didn't stop the serpent.
"Rock Tomb!" The Onix raised it's massive head and emmitted a white aura.
The ground began the rise forming boulders which flew at Engetsu.
The starmie struggled to dodge the massive projectiles but took a glancing blow.
Engetsu tummbled across the field.
"Ice Beam!" screamed Kaito.
A blue beam a light shot from Engetsu's core which was already cracking.
The beam left a trail of ice across the field and quite literally froze the onix in place
turning the massive stone serpent into a glacier.

"You fool!" shouted Brock.
"Why didn't you use that move from the start?!"

"Engetsu and I decided. It would make a perfect ending to this battle."
said Kaito, smirking.

"Too bad for you." scoffed Brock.
"This isn't the ending."

The glacier cracked and the stone serpent errupted from the glacier.
"You did quite a number on onix but your pokemon is quite beat up to.
This next blow decides it."

Kaito knew he was right.
Two exhausted pokemon faced each other nearly ready to collapse.
"Ice Beam!"
"Rock Tomb!"

(To be continued.)

Last edited:

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Gelius Emerald - Route to Cerulean Cape - A Challange​

"Gary Clark... What the F*** are you doing here?" I said. Bubbles glared at him.

"Came to make you a bet loser. See that place? The Gang of Bugs' Territory. I challenge you to step inside. If you come back, i will reconsider about you. If you don't get back intact, then forget." He says.

"He challenged us too." Joey said. Next to him was Gavin.

"I came to see you lose." Larry Said.

"He invited me to come with him." Laura said.

"I am here to watch them." Mariza said. "I do---" I interrupted her.

"Wait. You invited her?" I said glaring him.

"Yes. On a date." He says and winks at her.

"Wait this is a date?" Laura asked. I started to get mad.

"DON'T LAY YOUR FILTHY FINGERS ON HER YOU SON OF A B****! I said.

Somewhere on the route to Vermilion...

Mark was walking straight to Vermilion. His Raichu was next to him. Then he heard it:

"DON'T LAY YOUR FILTHY FINGERS ON HER YOU SON OF A B****!"

Mark got startled. He wondered what it could be. I continued his walk towards Vermilion.

Back to Route 25...

I was about to beat him up, but Gavin, Joey, Laura, Mariza and Bubbles grabbed me. Gavin was also ready to fight when Larry grabbed him.

"Calm down bro!" Gavin said.

"This is not the way to solve the things." Joey said.

I start to think. Then Genius Idea Time.

"I accept your Challenge, but only if you accept our and come with us, under the same conditions of ours!" I said pointing to his Face.

"Hmph. You really think you can win? I defeated you earlier, now i am going to beat you again... Challenge Accepted." He said. The Croconaw glared at Bubbles. I glare him and Gavin glares Larry.

"This will go bad." Joey stated.

"So it's Gelius, Joey and Gavin V.S. Larry and Gary Clark huh? I might team up on my Brother's side." Laura said. Mariza followed her. We ran farther on the territory in separate teams.

Kozato Enma

You can call me Enma
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 20, 2015
Ida Jacobs

OC_Begin_Again.png

marill.gif

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

A startling start
Route 3 ~ Pokémon Center

"This.. and that.. and.. oh!" Ida said, deeply in thought, rummaging through her bag, which was filled to the brim.
"Wait.. where is it? Where is that thing?" Ida started looking through her bag more thoroughly now, even taking out the stuff she had spent a fair amount of time packing. "No, no.. no!" Ida said, now sounding more panicky.
"It's gone.." After a few minutes of turning her bag upside down (literally) Ida finally gave up and put her bag on the floor, making room to fall into the hotel bed. Ida let out a irritated grunt, burying her face into the mattress, she took a deep breath, and the scent of fabric softener filled up her nostrils. For a weird reason, it helped her calm down somewhat.
"It has to be somewhere right?" Ida thought desperately. She could hear the sound of her bag opening again, and she immediately knew Michi hasn't given up yet.

"Michi, I thoroughly looked throu--" her sentence was interrupted by a loud cheer. "Marril, ma!" the Marril said excited. Ida immediately turned to Michi, who was proudly holding a small and slim oblong box in the air. Ida's eyes widened.
"You found it Michi, you actually found it!" She was sitting with her knees on the bed now, her arms in the air out of excitement, Michi pounced on Ida with the small box still in hand, causing her to fall with Michi on the bed. Michi handed the box proudly and Ida petted her beloved pokémon, "Where would I be without you.." she said, clicking open the box. And yes, there it was; the Boulder Badge. Not only did Michi find her badge back, he's also the reason they got the badge in the first place.

"I'm sorry Mich.. I'm sure you would've wanted to earn this badge on the first go.," Ida sat straight up now with the Marril on her lap. Michi looked at Ida and slightly tilted his head sideways. Clearly not understanding the issue.
"Don't worry Michi, I'll get better soon so I won't drag you down, okay?"
Michi looked slightly worried now, tugging at Ida's sweater, as if he was trying to say that he would love Ida no matter what. Ida smiled and lifted Michi in the air and put him on her shoulder. "Michi is right, I shouldn't worry. We're in this together, after all!"

"Let's go! This is just the beginning of our journey, right?" Ida stepped out of bed and grabbed her bag. As she walked out of the hotel room Michi softly pulled one of Ida's bangs, looking slightly annoyed and pointing back into the room.
"Oops.." Ida said, walking back into the room to grab the tiny box holding her badge she was about to forget. She put it in the front pocket of her bag.
"This was the last time I'm going to lose you, box!" she said walking down the stairs back into main hall of the Pokémon Center. There she saw nurse Joy, busy with healing pokémon, as always. Ida walked up to the counter and grabbed a key out of her pocket, handing it over to nurse Joy.
"Thanks so much for letting me stay over!" Ida said, making a quick bow to express her gratitude.
Nurse Joy smiled, "No need to thank me! Helping trainers in their adventures is more than enough for me. Take care now and come back whenever your pokémon are hurt!" Ida and Michi waved to Joy, making their final goodbyes.

As she stepped outside the Pokémon Center she was greeted with a fairly pleasant breeze, making Ida's black bangs flutter.
"Ah, that feels amazing!" Ida said, stretching her arms, as if she had just woken up. Michi jumped off Ida's shoulder, now standing in front of her, looking curiously at a huge dark cave entrance.
There it was, right in front of her, Mt. Moon, casting a shadow over the entire Pokémon Center. Ida felt a drop of cold sweat running on the back of her neck.
"Darn.. I completely forgot about this.." Ida thought to herself. "I don't want to go.. I really don't"

Ida was clearly not looking forward to entering a moist, dark and probably dangerous cave. Ida closed her eyes and took a deep breath, "I have to do this, I just have to. For the sake of becoming stronger!" Ida slowly started walking toward the entrance and soon the only source of light became the sunlight from the entrance of the cave. Ida looked back, barely able to see the entrance now, it became dark.. really dark.. too dark. Ida didn't like this at all, as she kept venturing deeper and deeper into the cave Ida felt more lost and desperate.

Mt. Moon

"It's fine Ida, you got this.. You got this, girl!" Ida thought in attempt to give herself some confidence. "You can do this.. you can do it, Ida!", completely straying away from the main path. After around 5 minutes of walking, she felt a rock by her left foot, but it was too late. she lost her balance and tripped. As she fell down a loud thump could be heard, disrupting the eerie silence of the cave, much to the dismay of a horde of Zubat, their cries sounded really agitated and they were heading towards Ida and Michi.

zubat.gif
zubat.gif
zubat.gif
zubat.gif
zubat.gif

"No, no.. nonono.." Ida said under her breath, standing up as fast as she could. "We have to get out of here, Michi!" but to her surprise Michi didn't really seem to agree.
"Michi, do you want to.. fight?" Ida said, clearly worried about her partner. As Ida glanced over to Michi, the answer was clear, Michi was preparing for battle.
At this point, the Zubat were close enough to launch attacks and so they did. Around 3 Zubat tried to lunge their fangs toward the Marill.
"That's.. leech life, isn't it?" Ida could vaguely remember from her bug-type course she had on the Trainer School. "It's no time to think Ida, all I have to know is that we're not going to let that attack pass through,"

Ida's expression changed, Michi wasn't the only one firing up, it appeared.
"Michi, use aqua yet!"
A small torrent of water was building up right underneath Michi, and in a matter of less than a second, he launched towards one of the 3 Zubats, knocking one of the 3 to the ground, this further agitated the rest of the Zubats. Now, the 4 remaining Zubat tried biting him.
"Michi, jump back and--" but it was too late, before Ida could give out any orders, all of the Zubat latched onto Michi.

"No! Michi!" Ida said, running towards her Marill, who was trying to defend himself against the flurry of attacks. Ida ran towards Michi and swinged her bag towards one of the Zubat, it managed to hit one barely, not damaging it in the slightest, but instead redirecting the anger of the horde towards herself. Now Ida was the target of their attacks. As Ida got attacked, she grabbed her pokéball, pointing it towards Michi.
"Michi, you're safe in here, so I'll --" but Michi didn't agree with Ida's plan at all; Michi's arms started emitting a white-pinkish aura as he ran towards Ida.
"Michi.. it's dangerous! Stop!" Ida said, taking more and more hits from the Zubat, but Michi ignored Ida. The Marill jumped up and slapped one of the Zubat, sending it flying against a wall. "That's.. play rough!"

Before the Zubat had the chance to realize what was going on, Michi managed to take out one other Zubat. Although Michi was doing fairly well, Ida knew that Michi wouldn't be able to last this long against them and who knows, there might be more Zubat coming our way. Ida, still holding Michi's pokéball pointed it towards Michi once more, shooting out a straight red line, forcing Michi to go back into his pokéball before the Zubat could retaliate.
Then, she turned away from the Zubat and started running away, without making any more sound than she already did. Ida had no idea where she was going and as Ida ran, she realized she bruised her knee from falling, but she didn't care, she kept running until she had shaken off those pesky Zubat.

After a minute of running, she had to stop because she didn't have the energy to take another step. She sat down on the floor, exhaling heavily. She looked, as far as she could look in the cave and luckily, there was no sign of active Zubat anymore. Ida felt relieved, but also worried, because she hasn't seen a single person in the cave yet.. and on top of that she's lost and in a part of a cave where she probably shouldn't have been. Ida sighed,
"How am I going to get out of here?"

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 29, 2017
Act 4--- The Boulder Badge

The onix raised its massive head for a second rock tomb but before it could perform the attack
ice met rock in a thunderous collision freezing the stone serpent and everything around it.
"Onix, return!" sighed Brock as the onix materialized into red light returning to its pokeball.
Engetsu then collapsed to the ground, the crack in its core widening.
Kaito frowned and returned Engetsu to its pokeball.
Brock walked over to Kaito and handed him the boulder badge.
"You win kid. Here's the boulder badge.
I'll advise you to never hold back in a battle.
Now take your starmie to the pokemon center quickly."
"Thank you." replied Kaito, then kaito turned, taking Brock's advice, running as quickly as he could to the pokemon center.

-Pewter City- pokemon center.

"Mr. Kaito Hiroaki! I need to speak with you." called the pokemon center nurse signaling Kaito to come to her office.
"We will have to keep your starmie overnight.
This species of pokemon are very resilient but the gem, or core in the middle of their bodies is a weak point.
It's almost like a vital organ to a human. Stronger of course, it's made of very strong material, but
when the core is visably damaged like this it concerns us."
Kaito's heart sunk to the pit of his stomach.
"Will Engetsu be ok?!"
cried out Kaito.
"Yes, yes, like I said we will need to treat your starmie overnight but it should make a full recovery.
I'll advise you to let the starmie take it easy. perhaps catch another pokemon in the meantime to lighten
your starmies workload before making the trek to mount moon."

It was a sleepless night for kaito.
The guilt weighed on him. He didn't feel he deserved to rest.
"after all," he thought to himself "It was my decision that got Engetsu hurt.
and for what? To put on some kind of show? To impress Brock?
"Dammit!"
Engetsu proctected me as a child, saved me life when I was attacked by that wild lanturn
and this is how I repay the debt?"
Kaito still remembered that day very vividly.
The crackling of electricity the shock going through his whole body.
electricity. Just the word alone made Kaito cringe.
Kaito remembered how his pokemon positioned itself under him, and carried Kaito to safety.
He held up the boulder badge.
"Engetsu you made me proud. I swear I'll never let you down again.
We don't need to try to make battles a show...you are already a star to me...no pun intended."

The next morning the pokemon center nurse brought Engetsu's pokeball to Kaito.
Kaito, let Engetsu out of the pokeball.
The starmie looked like it had healed but it moved in a slightly sluggish manner.
Kaito held out the boulder badge to engetsu.
"Thank you, my friend...for everything!"
Engetsu immediatly seemed to perk up some as if the knowledge of the gym victory
was refreshing.

-Route 3
Kaito walked along the path to mt. moon looking at the rocky scenery.
small indentions scattered across the land as if small meteorites had rained at some point.
Kaito had took the nurse's advice.
He now had extra pokeballs strapped across his belt.
He was going to catch a second pokemon.
Kaito was letting Engetsu rest in his pokeball at the moment.
This made kaito nervous as he heard that there was an electric pokemon species
called shinx that sometimes appeared in the area.
He was on alert for that terrible crackling sound to come from anywhere when he noticed something.
The was a small hole in the path in front of him
and this hole had a small creature peaking out of it.
It was eyeing him curiously and Kaito was doing the same.
It was a small brown pokemon with short ears, and small arms with stubby paws.
Kaito took out his pokedex and scanned the pokemon.
"Sandshrew's body is configured to absorb water without waste, enabling it to survive in an arid desert. This Pokémon curls up to protect itself from its enemies."

"Sandshrew eh?"
Kaito threw his pokeball and in a white flash of light Engetsu appeared.
"Rapid Spin!"
Engetsu bulleted at the sandshrew knocking it on its back.
Kaito then threw an empty pokeball at the sandshrew and it materialized into red light.
The pokeball fell to the ground.
It wiggled.
once.
twice.
three times.
Boom! The pokeball exploded.
The sandshrew looked confused at first then with a look of realization raised its paws to defend itself.

"uh oh! They can do that?!"
Kaito had never tried catching a pokemon before but he was sure that
he wasn't supposed to make the pokemon faint, still he didn't count on the sandshrew having
so much energy left.

"Uh. Ok Engetsu use pyschic!"
The familiar jet of purple light shot from Engetsu but the sandshrew wasn't there.
The psychic attack hit the ground causing dust to stir around them.
Then Kaito realized the sandshrew must of used dig.
But where was the sandshrew?
Then Kaito felt a tug, looked down and saw the sandshrew had popped out of the ground
beside of him and had a hold on his foot.
Kaito instictively jumped back but his shoe didn't go with him.

"You! Give that back!"
Kaito yelled pointing an accusing finger at the little shrew.
It looked confused holding Kaito's shoe, not really processing what just happened.
Kaito then realized, "This is our chance!"
"Engetsu, Ice Beam!"
The shrew and the shoe were frozen in place.
Kaito then threw his second pokeball at the sandshrew, hoping he didn't just make it faint.
To Kaito's massive relief, it didn't.

The ball wiggled
once.
twice.
"Wait, what will happen to my shoe?"
three times.

(to be continued.)

Last edited:

Kozato Enma

You can call me Enma
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 20, 2015
Ida Jacobs

OC_Begin_Again.png

marill.gif

Tiny Tour Guides
Mt. Moon

Ida looked upwards while sitting down, but darkness completely cloaked the ceiling, making it look like there was no end to it. Ida looked left. It wasn't just the ceiling, wherever she looked ended up in a pitch black abyss. Ida felt her heart drop into her stomach, "What if I really can't find my way out?" Ida thought, getting more desperate by the second. All of a sudden, the pokéball on her belt clicked open, spawning her comrade once again.
"Michi.." was all Ida could bring out. Michi jumped on her lap, looking into the darkness as well. Ida couldn't help but smile.
"Whenever I feel lonely, you always come my aid, don't you?"
Michi faced towards Ida and smiled. "Marril, ma!"
Ida didn't say anything, and just held her comrade close.

After a few minutes, something broke the pleasant silence between Ida and Michi. It was a dull sound, completely different from that of a Zubat, it sounded more cheerful and less hostile than everything she has heard in this cave up till now.
"So that's why Michi's ear was twitching," Ida knew that the ears of a Marill were incredibly sensitive and able to pick up sounds from much farther away than humans could. "He probably didn't want to break the silence,"

But now, the sound became clearer and louder, making Ida able to distinguish what was being said. It definitely didn't sound human, it had to be a pokémon.
Ida's thoughts were confirmed, as a group of small pink colored creatures entered her field of vision. Unlike the scary and vicious Zubat, these pokémon looked friendly.. and adorable. Ida rummaged through her back, which was in front of her and grabbed her pokédex. The dim light of the pokédex-screen lit up a huge part of the wall Ida was leaning against, and a robotic voice could be heard,

clefairy.gif

"Clefairy, the Fairy Pokémon. On nights with a full moon, Clefairy gather from all over and dance. Bathing in moonlight makes them float."​

It appeared that the pokédex caught the attention of the group Clefairy, they stopped walking and were now curiously looking at Ida and Michi, not sure what to do. As the group of pink pokémon was standing still, Ida had an easier time observing the special creatures. Ida had seen this pokémon a lot on television because of it's charm, but this is the first time Ida saw one for real. Ida looked through her bag once more and took an already opened tin can, with a pokéball logo printed on it. The Clefairy took a step back, trying to hide behind one another.
"You don't have to be afraid," Ida said, filling the palm of her hand with some of the contents of the box, they were brown colored flakes; pokémon-food. Then she dropped it on the ground in front of her.

One of the Clefairy hesitantly walked up a bit closer, to where the flakes where scattered about and quickly nabbed one, running directly back to the group Clefairy. After that, others started imitating them, quickly nabbing flake by flake.
Ida and Michi just sat there, looking at the curious sight of the Clefairy grabbing the flakes, running back and eating them. This continued until the flakes that were scattered in front of Ida were completely gone. The Clefairy stood there in silence, staring at the ground where the food once was.
"You want seconds, huh?" Ida said, dropping the remainder of the food on the floor once again, there wasn't much left anyway.

Now, the group Clefairy moved forward, but this time, instead of running back, they just gathered around the food and sat down to eat, way less cautious than before. Michi felt the mood change and jumped out of Ida's lap.
"Marril, mar-ril!" Michi said, trying to communicate with the group. The Clefairy looked at Michi.
Then it happened, one of the Clefairy stood up and walked towards the Marril. As the Clefairy stood in front of him, Michi happily flapped his arms. Much to Ida's surprise, the Clefairy imitated him and soon they were having what appears to be a conversation.
Ida looked closely at the Clefairy, this one appeared to be a little different compared to the others, it was a bit lighter shade of pink, and it's horns-ears-thingy was green. Ida figured it was the leader of the group

The other Clefairy stopped eating and started gathering around the Marril. Michi was the center of attention now, "Just like always, huh".
Michi jumped back on Ida's lap and the Clefairy were now sitting around Ida and Michi. They were surrounded by Clefairy now, all looking at Ida.
Ida smiled and reached out her hand, one of the Clefairy walked towards it and stood still, as if allowing Ida to pet it. Ida tried her luck and put her hand gently on the swirled tuft on it's head. The Clefairy enjoyed it, and soon, the others followed suit, all the Clefairy were sitting against Ida now, demanding attention from the girl,

It was a strange feeling, their fear got replaced by a feeling of security, and to be frank, those Clefairy weren't the only ones. Although Ida was desperate and afraid at first, the pink creatures made her feel much more at ease.

After a while, the leader stood up and pulled Ida's arm softly, as if it was telling her to stand up. Ida slowly stood up, as well as the other Clefairy and followed the leader, who was walking into the darkness. the Clefairy were walking in front of Ida now, with Michi and the greenhorned Clefairy walking next to each other. "It looks like Michi made a new friend," Ida said to herself, laughing. Ida ventured deeper into the cave, but this time with a few tour guides, a few tiny tour guides.

The further she followed the Clefairy, the more beautiful the cave became, different kinds of moss and mushrooms emitting a faint glow and pokémon she had never seen before. After a while, the Clefairy stopped at what appeared to be a narrow entrance. They entered one by one until only Michi and Ida were left. Michi looked at Ida and went inside too. Ida made herself as tiny as possible, entering the cave, just barely.

Ida couldn't believe her eyes. This part of the cavern looked completely different, it wasn't a tunnel, but more like a room. But what really caught her attention was the huge rock in the middle, it was enormous (more than 3 times Ida's size) and sparkling, as if it was a monument. Ida felt a cold breeze, that made her cross her arms. There it was, the moon. Instead of a dark ceiling, she could see the night sky with the Moon at it's apex. Though it wasn't full moon quite yet, this was a sight to behold. This was magical. The Clefairy started cheering, happily hopping around.. no, they weren't hopping, they were floating!

One of the Clefairy walked up to Ida, and gave her a weirdly shaped stone, glistering in the moonlight. It was beautiful. "So, this is why they call it Mt. Moon, huh."

After a while, the Clefairy stopped floating around and gathered by the entrance. "So, they go here time to time to gather up moonlight," Ida said to Michi, who had tons of fun playing with the Clefairy.

They all left the room and were back in the dark tunnel again, the Clefairy were making themselves ready, probably to go home again. Then it struck here, as beautiful as it may be here, lost is still lost. "Wait! I have an idea!" Ida thought, feeling proud to come up with such a 'clever' idea.
"Guys.. could one of you tell me how to get out of the cave, or to get back to the main road at least?" It appeared Ida's plan worked. The Clefairy pointed east.
"Thanks so much, for everything!" Michi flapped his arms, expressing his gratitude, the group Clefairy flapped their arms as well, before walking the opposite direction of Ida and Michi.

Ida and Michi continued onward, walking in the direction the Clefairy gave. Ida looked at the stone once more and tucked it into her bag. "Thank you.."
And after a 10 minute walk, they found themselves back on the spot, right before the encounter with the Zubat.

"But.. but I'm still lost!" Ida though, realizing her stupidity.

Ida was back to square one.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 29, 2017
Act 5--- A Not So Pleasant Stroll

-route 3

The pokeball stopped moving.
"Woot!"
Kaito picked up the pokeball and scanned it.
"This particular sandshrew is a male, eh?
It knows dig, defense curl, scratch, sand attack, and poison sting
That's pretty handy, it doesn't seem to be the smartest pokemon though.
Oh well. He is pretty adorable.
I'll name you Kutsu."
Kaito decided that a frozen sandshrew wouldn't make for the best company
so he kept it in the pokeball for now.
Kaito then thought about how this was the first pokemon he caught himself.
Engetsu was simply given to him by his father, who used it for battling, to protect Kaito while
he learned to swim. Kaito's father had not battled much since he landed the reporter job for Hoenn news.
Then Kaito realized something else.
He would have to walk route 3 barefooted...unless...
"Hey engetsu. I'm going to climb on your back.
When I give you the command you can try flying with me using rapid spin."
Kaito climbed onto Engetsu.
"Rapid spin!"
He immediately realized why this was a bad idea.
Dizzy was an understatement.
"whoaaaaa!"
yelled Kaito as he watch the world spin around him
at bullet speed.
"Oouch!"
Of course he fell off.
"Ok, maybe that wasn't such a good idea."
sighed Kaito laying on the rocky path.
"We covered ten feet I guess."
Kaito returned Engetsu to his pokeball for more rest and proceeded to walk to the pokemon center near mount moon barefooted. His feet felt like he spent the day kicking boulders but at least he made it.
To top it off he had to explain to the pokemon center nurse why there was a shoe in Kutsu's pokeball.
At least they dethawed his shoe for him. He was very grateful not to have to go through mount moon barefooted.
Kaito decided not to spend the night at the pokemon center, eager to get to Cerulean city.
He stood in front of the entrace to the cave and noticed how dim the light was inside.
Kaito would have to take off his lucky sunglasses.
"I'll let these two out of their pokeballs."
When finally his trusty starmie and his new freind, Kutsu the sandshrew were standing beside of him
He slipped off his dark shades and stepped inside the cave.
(to be continued.)

Kozato Enma

You can call me Enma
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 20, 2015
Ida Jacobs & Kaito Hiroaki

OC_Begin_Again.png

marill.gif

Playerchar1_zpspun99pqi.png

starmie.gif
sandshrew.gif

Shoeless Saviour
Mt. Moon

Zubats. Kaito had never seen so much of one pokémon ever. "These things are like a plague.", sighed Kaito as another Zubat fell to the cave floor frozen.
"Ice beam!" Another Zubat fell to the floor.
As Kaito walked along the cave he heard a funny sound. "Eh? Engetsu did you hear that?"
The Starmie hummed and the Sandshrew's ears poked up. Kaito took this as a yes.
He followed the sound, which led to a solid wall. "I'm pretty sure walls can't talk. But I swear I heard something."
As Kaito was about to continue down the cave he heard it again, "Wait, it's coming from behind this wall.
"Kutsu, use dig to see what's behind there!"
The little Sandshrew dived into the wall and dug with it's little paws sending dirt and debris everywhere.

Ida sighed, "Well, at least I have this thing now..", looking at the weirdly shaped stone she got from the Clefairy.
"But what is it anyway?" Ida thought, holding the stone up high to take a closer look at it.
Michi seemed quite interested to, taking peeks at it, occasionally.
But, how beautiful the stone may be, it really didn't help the fact that she was lost. In the middle of a cave full of dangerous pokémon. Ida did get the feeling that she wasn't as deep in the cave anymore as before, thanks to the Clefairy. But that wasn't enough.. she had to get out of here and get to Cerulean City.

All of the sudden, Ida could hear the sound of.. Ida couldn't put quite her finger on it. But it was close, really close. It sounded as if someone was clawing at something. Was it a pokémon?
"Hopefully it's not a Zubat.." Ida thought, completely oblivious to the fact that Zubat in fact, aren't capable of digging holes into the ground.
Michi felt uncomfortable and ran towards a wall, "Michi, where are you going?" Ida said, confused.
"Marril, ma!" the Marril said loudly, pointing at the wall. "A pokémon is digging.. his way through here?" Michi nodded and in a matter of seconds, the bottom part of the wall started slightly crumbling.
A yellow head stuck out.
Ida stood there, surprised. Then she grabbed her pokédex out of her bag;

sandshrew.gif

"Sandshrew, the Mouse Pokémon. When it curls up in a ball, it can make any attack bounce off harmlessly. Its hide has turned tough and solid as a result of living in the desert."​

"What's a Sandshrew doing here..?" Ida said, not having seen one in the cave at all, she found it quite unusual to see a Sandshrew in here. She did remember seeing one in Route 3. "Maybe it got all the way here from Route 3.. maybe it's lost too?"
By now the Sandshrew made it all the way through the wall and was standing in front her. The pokémon looked at the duo, and then, as if he reached his objective, went back into the hole, to the other side of the wall again.
"H-hey, wait!" Ida said, seeing her final hope to escaping leave through the entrance he had just made.

Kaito didn't have to wait long before the little pokemon popped back out of the hole.
"Shreeeew", purred the little pokemon. "So there is something in there."
Kaito stuck his head into the hole. "Hello! Anyone in there?"

As the Sandshrew left, she sat down on the floor, right where the hole is.
"No way!" Ida thought, feeling more miserable than ever. Just as Ida gave up all the hope, she heard something she'd never expect. It was a voice, of an actual human being!
"Hello! Anyone in there?" a voice called out to her, like light in the darkness.
Ida was dumbfounded for a second, but her instinct to survive made her gain composure almost right away. "YES! I'm in here!" Ida almost screamed. "Please, I need some help!" Ida called out, to the person on the other side of the wall.

Kaito heard a voice calling. It definitely wasn't his imagination. He attempted to climb through the hole, it was a tight fit to say the least.
"Hey Kutsu, make the hole a bit bigger!"
The Sandshrew went to work in a flurry with it's little paws. A storm of dust filled the area and in a short time the hole was big enough
for Kaito to squeeze through. "Engetsu, return!"
He knew a Starmie wouldn't fit, but he and Kutsu climbed down into the hole.

Kaito climbed out on the other side to see, what appeared to be a small girl and a Marill. Kaito had seen these blue pokémon in Hoenn before but they weren't very common. The girl, however looked like she had been in this cave a while. She was covered in dirt and her hair looked like it had been nested in by pidgey.

"Uh, hi there, are you lost?" asked Kaito climbing to his feet. He had taken off his shoes, he actually started becoming used to walking around without them.

As an actual person came out of the hole, Ida couldn't help to take a step back, making her fall on the ground once again, although not hard enough to agitate any pokémon this time. Ida looked at him in silence, he had a really exotic look to him; tall, slightly tanned and he even had sunglasses. Michi instinctively jumped in front of Ida, spreading his arms, trying to protect Ida.

"E-eh.." Ida said, still no idea how to handle this situation, as she was still sitting on the ground. Ida slowly stood up and swept the dust of her denim pants.
"Yes, I am lost.." Ida said, regaining composure. The Marill still stood in between Ida and the stranger. Ida crouched to get on the same length as him, and petted him. "Don't worry Michi, this guy has come to save us." Ida inspected the man in front of him once more..
"Wait.. where are your shoes?" Ida said, slightly confused about his fashion sense.

"They are still a little chilly, my shoes got froze...it's a long story." Just then Kaito heard the awful sound of leathery wings flapping.
"You have to be freaking kidding me! More Zubat?! The commotion with Kutsu's digging must have stirred them."
Kaito unclipped a pokeball from his belt and called his starmie.
"Alright Engetsu, when you see them use your ice beam. Bring as many down as you can!"

Their friendly meeting got disturbed by another horde of Zubat. But the man wasn't scared in the slightest and threw out a pokémon Ida had never seen before, it was shaped like a star with a beautiful red gem in the middle, which looked slightly cracked.
Ida couldn't help to grab her pokédex once more,

starmie.gif

Starmie, the Mysterious Pokémon. It's the evolved form of Staryu. The middle section of its body is called the core. It glows in a different color each time it is seen.​

"So, that's a water type as well.. and it's capable of doing ice beam?" Ida was clearly impressed by the Starmie of him. Ida looked to her Marill, who had noticed the sounds of Zubat as well, "Can you help the Starmie out Marill?"
"Mar-ill! Ma!" Michi said, putting his stubby fist on his chest, clearly ready for battle. Michi's ears twitched, "They're here!" Ida said, looking at the man.
"Let's go for the first attack, Michi! Aqua jet, go!" Michi started spinning, cloaking himself in a current of water, then he launched himself at full speed towards one of the Zubat, knocking it out in one go. "Well done Michi!"

"Poison sting, Kutsu!" The sandshrew opened it's mouth and purple quills shot out stinging some of the
zubat while Engetsu let loose ice beams bringing down a zubat with each flash of blue light.

The Starmie and Sansdhrew had joined to battle, the Starmie taking out the Zubat easily with a powerful beam.
"His Pokémon are strong, especially his Starmie," Ida thought. But for every Zubat they took out, several more came back. Ida figured they weren't able to hold those Zubat off forever.

"Shoe less guy, we have to run!" Ida said, not knowing how to call the guy who saved him. But how where they going to escape?
"Of course!" they could use the entrance the Sandshrew made to escape to the less deeper parts of the cave.
"Let's go to the other side of the wall!" Ida said, pointing at the wall.

"Of course!" Kaito thought. These zubat wouldn't be intelligent enough to give chase.
They would think the two just disappeared. At least that's how he hoped it would work.
"Engetsu, return!" the Starmie materialized into red light, returning to it's pokéball.
"In we go!" shouted Kaito, diving through the hole. The Sandrew followed promptly.

"Return Michi!" Ida shouted, returning him to his Pokéball. Michi was simply way to round to fit the gap. Ida dived to the hole as well, even getting dirt in her mouth. "Pfwwthh," was the only thing Ida could bring out, coughing lightly. "That's the last time I'm diving through anything that's not a sea.." Ida said, trying to sweep the dust off her sweater, needless to say, it didn't work out too well as the dust was too deep into the fabric of her beloved sweater. Ida looked back at the hole the Sandshrew had made, and much to her relief the Zubat didn't follow.

"Thank god, we made it out, somehow," Ida said, grinning. He walked up to the stranger and his Sandshrew and bowed deeply. "Thanks, Sandshrew and shoe less man, for saving me!"

Kaito scratched his head.
"It's no problem, you can call me Kaito, and that's Kutsu.", said Kaito, pointing at the little sandshrew.

Ida smiled. "What's up, Kaito and Kutsu! I'm Ida!" before Ida had the chance, Michi came out of the pokéball, looking annoyed at Ida.
''And.. this is Michi! My partner!" Ida said, petting the Marill on her shoulder.
Ida hesitated a little and looked at Kaito. Then she cleared her throat, "Kaito.. you aren't lost too, are you?"

"No, I know where I'm going, I just heard something behind that wall. I've never heard walls talk before so I had to check it out.", laughed Kaito.
"Anyway, we have to follow this path east to get to Cerulean City.", he said pointing down a narrow cave path leading east.

"Cerulean City? That's more like it!" Ida said, jumping out of relief. Ida looked around her, this part of the cave looked.. way more civil then where she was lost. She saw a road, worn out because of the amount of people walking over it.
"Thanks again, Kaito! If it weren't for you, who knows how long I would've been stuck.." Ida said, smiling.
"Let's go to Cerulean City together!" Ida said cheerfully, hiding the fact that she would probably get lost again without him. Ida started walking towards the direction, and gestured Kaito to come along.

They followed the path going east for quite a while, when Kaito noticed an orange rock jutting out of the cave wall. "This rock kinda reminds me of Engetsu's core."
"Engetsu's core." Kaito thought to himself, feeling guilty again. It was healing very quickly but it was still a nagging thought to Kaito that the core cracked and it was his fault.

The rock looked really special, almost like a gem, but not quite. Was it an evolution stone? Ida had no idea. Kaito fell silent, Michi's ears were drooping down, feeling the heavy mood. Ida had noticed the crack of his Starmies core.
Ida wasn't the smartest, nor the strongest. But she could feel the guilt that was pestering Kaito. Ida decided not to say anything, he probably didn't want a stranger butting in his personal problems.
"I've got to say, the tunnel system is really impressing in here, I thought I was completely lost, but I was just one wall separated from the main route. Isn't that impressive?" Ida said, smiling, trying to lighten up the mood a little.

"Oh yeah? it is kinda cool, isn't it?" replied Kaito. He thought about how the tunnels twisted and turned. It was true, the cave was almost like an anthill.
"Mind if I take this?" He asked Ida. "I think Engetsu would find it fascinating."

Ida inspected the rock Kaito was holding out to her once more, it did resemble the core of the Starmie.
"Of course! You found it after all!" Ida said. At this point Ida had no doubts about the shoeless saviour anymore, "He truly cares for his pokémon," Ida thought, smiling again.

As they continued walking, the tunnel became wider. And then Ida felt it, just like with the Clefairy. A breeze caressed her cheek. There it was, the exit! The instant Ida saw the exit, she started running, grabbing Kaito by the arm, dragging him along towards the exit.

"Cerulean City! Here we come!" she shouted, not caring about this damp and Zubat filled cave anymore. Michi cheered, still on Ida's shoulder.

Route 4

Kaito saw Cerulean City in the distance and smiled. It reminded Kaito of his own hometown, Sootopolis, although Sootopolis was kinda in the middle of a dormant volcano. Still it was a welcome site.
"We better get our friends to the pokémon center, they must be exhausted by now", said Kaito, his Sandshrew nodded in approval.

Ida closed her eyes, enjoying the feeling of open air. Ida could tell it was really early, there was no one around them aside from Kaito and Ida. The sky was colored in a orange hue. Ida could see Cerulean City in the distance, it was a really cool sight to behold.

"You're right, and to be frank, me too!" Ida said, touching her bruised knee.
"I think we'll be in the Pokémon Center in 10 minutes tops!" Ida said, happy to heal up her pokémon and refresh herself. "I'm so happy there aren't any trainers around!" Ida sighed out of relief. Even the pokémon weren't as active at this time.

"It is really early in the morning isn't it?", said Kaito looking at the sky as the jogged to Cerulean City.
Kaito had not realized how much time passed in that cave. He realized how exhausted he was as well as they made their way to the building with the red roof. The, oh so familiar sign of a Pokémon Center.

Pokémon Center ~ Cerulian City​

Ida and Kaito walked into the Pokémon Center. As they entered, it was surprisingly.. empty. The only one aside from them was nurse Joy, reading a magazine. "She's not human, she's working 24/7 isn't she.." Ida thought. Ida and Kaito walked up to the counter, but nurse Joy was too concentrated on her magazine to notice the two.
"Excuse me? Nurse Joy?" Nurse Joy jumped slightly, not expecting any people at this hour.
"O-oh, excuse me!" Nurse Joy said, smiling and putting the magazine away. Nurse Joy looked at the two, especially Ida, whose clothes were completely covered by dirt. Not just her clothes, her hair, her face and even her mouth still had dirt.
"Your pokémon aren't the only ones who need to freshen up, it appears." Nurse Joy said, smiling. "If you go upstairs, you guys have the opportunity to take a shower and to wash off your clothes if you'd like."
Ida liked that idea, "Return Michi," Ida said, returning Michi to his poké ball. Then she gave nurse Joy the poké ball.

Kaito returned Kutsu to his poké ball as well and handed the nurse
his two pokémon. "While you're healing my starmie, please check its core.", said Kaito.
"Of course." replied the nurse.

"While I'm treating your pokémon, you can freshen up if you'd like," nurse Joy said. Ida felt a little uneasy leaving her Marill alone. But nurse Joy was to be trusted, so Ida took the stairs, ready to go to the bathroom.

"I'll see you in 5 minutes Kaito! I'm going to freshen myself up!" she said, walking into the female bathroom to take a shower.

When Ida left to shower, nurse joy turned to Kaito and said.
"Your friend went to mount moon without repels didn't she?"

"Ah! I feel like a completely new Ida!" Ida said, stretching her arms, she was wearing a new set of clothes and put a bandage on her knee. She walked downstairs. "Great timing! Your pokémon are healed and well! Are you going to take on the Cerulean City gym leader?"
"Yes I am!" Ida said, before turning to Kaito. "Kaito, your pokémon look really strong. Would you like to battle me?" Ida said with a determined look on her face, thinking it was a great way to prepare for the upcoming gym battle.

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Gelius Emerald - Route 25 - Feraligatr V.S. Scizor Part 1! Deep inside the Enemy's Territory​

We walked inside the thick forest here. Leaf was out to cut the thick vegetation with his Leaf Blade.

"Since when you have a Shiftry?" Joey asked.

"He evolved on a battle while ago." I said.

We heard a noise. A group of kids came in. They seemed to being leaded by their leader. A shiver came down our spines. The kid who was in the had has a bandage on the nose, a Black Bug Catcher's Hat, similar than mine, but more dorky. Mine is Awesome. Anyway. He had a Bug Net, a White Shirt with a Green Mega Beedrill silhouette on it. He had Black Shorts and sandals.

"Who dared to enter my territory?" Josh, the leader asked. He, unlike the others, when battling, is not a joke. He can be pretty tough.

Out of Gang Of Bugs' Territory...

The Builders finished to rebuild the other road, to keep people safe from the gang inside the thick forest.

"Who would be the idiots to enter there?" A Builder asked.

Back Inside...

Josh sent his Buterfree and Beedrill while the others used many Random Bug Type Pokemon.

"Bubbles time to Finish them!"

"Heracross do not let your guard down!" Joey said.

"Croconaw smash these idiots." G. Clark ordered.

"Machoke time to crush!" Larry said.

"Linoone and Pidove time to show that we can deal with them!" Gavin said.

"Roselia, Feebas, Vulpix! You can do this!" Laura said.

"Emolga time to Acrobatics!" Mariza said.

"Beedril Poison Jab! Buterfree! Giga Drain." Josh said.

For 2 hours, Pokemon attacks were heard. In the mean time, Emolga was defeated, My sister was down for the count, As well as Gavin and Larry and Joey. I was up to Shiftry while G. Clark had used all his pokemon, but Croconaw was the one who stood up. Leavany and Scyther were his 4th and 5th pokemon. The other was a Ninjask. He then sent out a last pokemon. Surprise of the surprises, it was a Scizor.

"Scizor use X-Scissor!" Josh commanded. Scizor strikes right at Leaf, making him KO. I was down for the count.

"And you think you win just because i am alone and up to my last pokemon?" G. Clark asks.

"And why wouldn't you give up?" Josh asked.

"Because..." Croconaw was shining bright. "I still have a card on my sleeve." When the light subsided, i saw a Feraligatr. Everyone was with their mouth wide open. "Feraligatr, Finish him with Hydro Pump!" He said.

"Protect!" Josh said.

Now this was a clash between titans.

Kozato Enma

You can call me Enma
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 20, 2015
Ida Jacobs & Kaito Hiroaki

OC_Begin_Again.png

marill.gif

Playerchar1_zpspun99pqi.png

starmie.gif
sandshrew.gif

The First Fight
Cerulean City ~ Pokémon Center

A battle huh?", said Kaito noticing the determined look on Ida's face.
"Nurse, Enget's core?" he said, glancing at nurse Joy.
"It is fully healed, Mr. Hiroaki. The crack is merely a scar at this point."
Kaito smiled and said. "Ok, Engetsu will be itching for a real battle. We've only been wrangling sandshrew and swatting zubat since the last gym battle."
laughed Kaito.

"Waiiit. Hold the phone," Ida blurted out, clearly surprised. "Last gym battle? Did you challenge Brock too?"

"Yeah, that's where that crack came from", Kaito said gesturing at Engetsu's poké ball.
"I got cocky in that battle and had Engetsu to hold back.. When you fight Misty, I'll advise you not to hold back either."

Ida clenched her fist and raised it in the air. "Hold back? We'll never hold back!", as she said that, Ida's poké ball opened and Michi came out of it, in the same pose as Ida. It was a.. interesting sight, to say the least.
"But that means.. Kaito has to be even tougher than I thought at first." Ida felt the spirit flaring up inside of her once more.
"This is a great chance to test the limits of our pokémon, right?" Ida said, winking.
Ida pointed her finger towards the entrance of the Pokémon Center.
"Let's battle in Route 4. It's the perfect place for a battle isn't it?"

Kaito's eyes widened starring at the posing marill.
"The showmanship.. it's amazing! Engetsu, strike a pose of your own!"
The starmie popped out of it's poké ball too.
Kaito spread his arms and legs, "Super star pose!"
There fell a really awkward silence.
"Um, yeah.. I kinda run a pokémon theater sometimes.. You should do a show with us!"

"Maybe another time!" Ida whispered, scratching the back of her head. Ida always found herself a tad too nervous in front of crowds.
"But I never knew there was a thing as Pokémon Theater!" Ida said, while walking to the entrance of the Pokémon Center. Ida noticed the sun rays shining through the windows, it was going to be a really sunny today.
"Let's go to Route 4 and do some battling, shall we?"she said, glancing toward Kaito with a grin on her face.

"What type of pokémon does Misty train anyway?", Kaito asked.

"I have no idea, to be honest. But they're probably strong!" Ida said, bursting with energy.
As Ida was talking loudly, nurse Joy could overhear them talking and raised her voice.
"I didn't mean to eavesdrop, but I couldn't help but overhear your conversation." Ida turned towards the nurse.
"Misty is extremely talented with water pokémon, that's why she's representing the water gym of Kanto."
"Water types.. huh?", Ida thought. Ida looked at Michi. "That's gonna be a water type versus a water type, huh.", she said while petting her Marill.
"Thanks a lot for the help today nurse Joy, we'll see you later!" Ida said, waving at the nurse.

Cerulean City

As they walked the winding path to route four, Kaito thought about the battles he had had in Kanto so far. He realized the common link between all of them was that his pokémon had the type advantage.
Kaito knew his chances wouldn't be good fighting an experienced water type specialist like Misty. He turned his head to Ida.
"We should train really hard. Brock was a rock and ground type specialist, this is gonna be even harder."
Kaito thought about his father.. Katashi was good before he retired from battling, Kaito had been so ashamed of cracking Engetsu's core that he hadn't tried video-phoning his father at the Pokémon Center.
"Dad would know what to do.", thought Kaito to himself before coming to his senses.
He knew that calling dad every time about his problems would prove nothing.

Route 4

"You're right.. Misty's going to be one tough cookie." Ida started thinking about the gym battle, how was she going to handle this? She had to fight Brock 3 times before getting her hands on the Boulder Badge and that was with a type advantage, she wouldn't stand a chance with a water type against someone who is a professional with them.
It was getting warm outside, and people were already outside.
"Is this place alright?" Ida said, at the foot of Route 4. It was a field, with more than enough space to let their pokémon go at each other with full force without any hindrances.

"This place will be good for training." The land here was flat by Kanto standards.
Kaito counted twenty feet, knowing this was standard distance for league battles, then he let his starmie out of the poké ball.
Engetsu materialized out of the ball practically turning a flip. It really was excited to be in a real battle.

Ida felt her heart beat in her chest. "This is it, partner! Are you ready?"
"Marrrill!" Michi said, already walking to the other side of the field. Ida followed suit and was soon standing in position. "Since I only have Michi, we'll have a one on one battle? Is that alright with you?", Ida shouted, making sure that her voice reached Kaito.

"Yeah! It will be one on one! I won't train Kutsu very hard right now. He wouldn't last long against Misty's water pokémon!" laughed Kaito.

Kaito vs. Ida

"Alright, I'm going to start this off!" Ida raised her fist up in the air once again. Michi did the same.
"Äqua jet! Full charge!" the marill had a mischievous smile on his face as water started building up around him. Then he launched himself, bolting towards the starmie with water covering him.

Kaito observed the marill, he had seen this move twice now and had noticed something about it.
"Footing is probally very important. Let's see if that's the case.. Engetsu, hold your ground then freeze the ground around you.!"

"What..? He's not going to dodge it?" Ida was clearly confused about Kaito's decision to not move an inch. "And on top of that, he froze the ground around him?"
"That's not gonna stop us Kaito!" Ida said as the stream of water hit the Starmie. But something was off, almost as if Kaito intended for Michi to land his aqua jet.
The impact of the blow made Michi bounce back, landing on the ice floor around Engetsu. Then it happened, as Michi landed on the ice he slipped instantly, falling right on his back.
"O-oh no! Michi!" Ida shouted, as Michi couldn't find his balance and kept slipping on the icy platform.

"So, that's how that move works.." said Kaito, contemplating the physics of it.
"Alright, Engetsu, psychic attack!" once the starmie finally shook off the impact of the aqua jet, it's core began to glow purple, unleashing a torrent of purple light exploding at the marill.

"Michi, get out of here! Or you'll get hit!", but it was no use. As hard as the Marill tried to escape Engetsu's attack, he couldn't stand up properly. Let alone move.
The purple energy hit Michi, sending him flying towards Ida.
"Michi, are you all right?" Ida said, worried.
"Mar-ril! Ma!" Michi said, still brimming with energy. But Ida knew Michi had taken a huge hit and was seemingly weakened by the attack.
"What am I going to do? If Michi gets close, he'll just use the same trick again."
Ida made up her mind. "Michi! Use copycat!"
Michi closed his eyes, in attempt of remembering the move as energy started building up. "Jump up and use psychic!" Michi used his tail to launch himself into the air and opened his eyes. Then he unleashed a purple wave of energy, much like Engetsu's towards the Starmie.

The light hit Engetsu square on with tremendous impact. Kaito's eyes widened.
"Copycat..", he had never seen this move used before in person, only reading about it in his dad's books.
Engetsu went flying spinning through the air.
"If this will be a battle with beams then my advantage just turned into a disadvantage.." thought Kaito to himself, noticing that starmie floated instead of stood so impact knocks him further.
The starmie landed with a thud but floated back up.
"Rapid spin!", commanded Kaito. The starmie started spinning, turned horizontal and went into something Kaito affectionately called 'boomerang mode'.

Ida smirked. She was really impressed by the power of Michi's attack. But Engetsu didn't give up and started spinning towards Michi.
"Let's keep up the pressure! Try to counter it with play rough!"
"Maaaaril!", Michi shouted, energy forming around his arms. Then he jumped right at the spinning starmie, in attempt to hit it.

Michi and Engetsu collided, creating a huge wave that send dirt flying around, cloaking the both of them for the trainers.
"Michi!"
"Engetsu!", both trainers shouted, completely surprised by what just happened.
As the cloud of dirt was slowly dispersing, silhouettes of the pokémon could be seen. It appeared both Engetsu and Michi had endured the hit, but they had taken a considerable amount of damage in the process.

Michi clearly looked tired, gasping slowly.
"Michi! Are you okay?" The Marill nodded.
"Good! Let's do another play rough!"
Michi ran towards the starmie, with the same energy stored up in his arm once again.

Kaito's first instict was recover, then Kaito thought, "No, Ida is clever. She'd copy it."
Then Kaito yelled out, "Quick Engetsu, reflect!"
A fraction of a second before the blow landed the air shimmered around Engetsu forming something akin to a wall absorbing most but not all of the impact.
Engetsu was knocked back but poised itself again for battle.
"We'll have to outlast Michi, Engetsu, brute force won't cut it this time."

Michi bounced back once again, but Michi's didn't seem to hit him as hard as last time. "Why? Is it because of his reflect?"
"Aqua jet, let's go!" Ida commanded.
Marill launched himself at Engetsu once again. But this time, the aqua jet looked slightly weaker than normal.
"Michi's getting tired..", Ida thought worrying about her pokémon.

"Engetsu, rapid spin." commanded Kaito.
It was time for boomerang mode again.
He was fairly sure this would make the marill even shakier.

They clashed into each other again, but this time, only Michi was the one who got knocked back.
"This can't be? What happened?" Ida blurted out, in confusion. Michi was lying on the ground now, trying to stand up.

"Ok, Engetsu, we are betting the battle on this one, use psychic!"
Engetsu went airborn, stopped spinning, and unleashed another purple torrent
straight at the marill.

"Michi, you've got to stand up!", but as hard as Michi tried, he wasn't fast enough; Engetsu landed a clean hit on Michi, sending him back flying once again.
Michi was lying right before Ida, not moving anymore. The battle was clearly over.
"Michi!" Ida said, running towards her beloved Marill, she tripped over a stone in her clumsiness.
"Owowow.." Ida yelped in pain. Then she looked at her Marill, who stood up again walking towards Ida, his ears hanging down.
"Don't worry Michi, you did great, take a good rest," as she send out the red light towards Michi with her pokéball, sending it back.
She stood up and walked towards Kaito.
"That was amazing Kaito," she said holding out her hand.
"I'm truly impressed! Engetsu was amazing!"

Kaito shook Ida's hand and smiled. He was a little envious of Michi's potential.
Engetsu was strong but it was a fully evolved pokémon, there was only so much stronger it could get.
"Keep training that marill, Ida. The potential there is a little frightening." laughed Kaito.

Ida smiled, but her eyes were filled with sadness. Losing wasn't a fun thing to do, but she was happy she could fight someone like Kaito.
"I'll always keep training Michi, he's my best friend!" Ida said, feeling a lot better now. But she realized if she challenged Misty in this state, that she would never get the Cascade badge.
"Let's head back to the Pokémon Center, shall we?" Ida said, already walking up the slope towards Cerulean City.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Danica Chandler
Cerulean Cape
The Sea Cottage!

Like Brian had mentioned, it was impossible to miss the Lighthouse, and Danica found herself knocking on Bill's door in a matter of minutes. There was no response from inside. Danica knocked again. Nothing. She huffed. Perhaps there was nobody home. She tried one more time, and this time she could hear footsteps coming towards the door. A muffled voice told her to wait, and Danica was beginning to get creeped out. Who was this Bill guy? She hoped that it wasn't some sort of hermit creep or a mad scientist.

Then the door opened and a giant Kabuto greeted Danica, leaving the blue haired girl staring at him. "Hello?"

"Hello, there! I need some help, fast!" the Kabuto said in the same muffled voice, "Please, come inside!"

She hesitated for a second before finally coming inside, not bothering to close the door behind her in case she needed to make a dash out of there. The inside looked a little bit messy, with big machines adorning the place, and some computers as well. There were a couple papers on the floor, with some data about Pokémon.

"Sorry about the mess, miss." the Kabuto said, "But I've been trapped in this costume for hours and I can't get out! Help!"

Oh, a costume. That explains everything, I guess... she thought. The Kabuto continued, "I think the zipper's broke, and there's no way to open it but to break open the costume, and I can't do that myself!" Danica sent out Curtis, and told him to use Magical Leaf on the costume. The sharp leaves left many tears on the costume, allowing the poor person trapped inside to enlarge them and squirm his way out of it.

"Whew... Thanks..." the guy said, "It's a shame I have to throw this out."

"Sorry." Danica said coldly. "Anyway, I'm looking for someone called Bill."

"Well, you've come to the right place! The one you're looking for is moi!" Bill said, "It's a pleasure to meet you! Came to see my Pokémon collection?"

"Yeah... Not exactly." Danica said, "You see, I need some information about my Slowpoke. I'm having trouble with her."

"Trouble, eh?" Bill said and took a seat on his computer. "What kind of trouble do you have with it?" he asked while he typed away and the Pokémon in question appeared on the computer screen.

"She won't listen to me for some reason." Danica explained, "Ever since I caught her, she doesn't listen to my commands, and sometimes takes a nap in the middle of the battle."

"Hmm, I see. Slowpokes are lazy Pokémon." Bill said, "And how many badges do you have?"

"Only one. The Boulder Badge."

"Well," Bill said and turned around to face Danica, "Pokémon are living beings. Sometimes they don't have respect for their Trainers, and it's up to the trainer to earn that respect. Badges usually do the trick. However..." he turned and continued to type away until a Slowbro appeared on the screen. "Evolution might be helpful in your case. Slowpoke are known for being less lazy after evolving."

"I see. But how am I supposed to evolve Quinn when I can't even train her?"

Bill chuckled, "You see, Slowpoke doesn't evolve the way normal Pokémon do. It needs another Pokémon for that. A Pokémon called Shellder." he said as he continued to type away until Danica could see the picture of a Shellder on the computer screen. "If a Shellder bites onto your Slowpoke's tail, it will evolve into Slowbro." he added, "But I'd try defeating Misty, the Cerulean Gym Leader, first. I've heard that the Cascade Badge makes Pokémon more obedient."

"Got it. Thanks." Danica said, still looking serious and unimpressed.

"You're... welcome, I suppose?" Bill said, weirded out by this girl's apparent lack of emotions. "Thanks for helping me out of the suit. I guess we're even now, haha!"

"..."

"...Okay. Oh, and another thing! There's a lab, far away in Cinnabar Island, that revives Pokémon from Fossils." he said, "If you happen to find one and revive it, please bring it here to me! I'll reward you with a very special Pokémon, one of my favourites!" He typed away on his computer until an Eevee popped out on the screen. "This one is very special, it can evolve into many different Pokémon! That's why I love it so much!"

Danica said nothing, but inside she was all smitten by that Eevee Pokémon. She had a fossil, but figured she'd keep that secret to herself. Then, maybe, after reviving it she'd return and surprise this guy. "Well, um, I guess you'll go back to Cerulean City to challenge Misty! Good luck, um, trainer!"

"Thanks. And the name is Danica." Danica said, in a sudden spurt of politeness. "Danica Chandler. Thanks again for the info. Bye."

Danica left the building and closed the door behind her, with a smiling Bill looking as she disappeared from sight. He found himself blushing for some reason and shook his head in embarassment before he resumed whatever he was doing before he got trapped in his Kabuto costume.

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Gelius Emerald - Route 25 - Clash of Titans. Feraligatr V.S. Scizor Part 2! Bill is a real Pokemon Expert...​

The Feraligatr blasted a Powerful Water Pulse, while the Scizor evaded and used Double Team. Then he uses Swords Dance.

"I feel so useless." I said.

"We are still up." The Minions said.

"Good that i saved a Pokemon. Haunter time to spook 'em!" Haunter came out. "We will hold it. Go and ask help on Cerulean Cape." Joey said. Laura, Gavin, Mariza, Larry and I left. We found a Pokemon center. The nurse asked why the urge while healing the pokemon.

"The Gang of Bugs!" Laura said. "Help us. Gary Clark and our little brother are still battling."

"Woah." A cop that was there said. "You said Gang of Bugs?" We nodded. "Take me to there."

"Gelius why not look for a safe way to leave while we go to back up them." Gavin said, and they left. I went right straight to Cerulean Cape. I need to talk to Bill.

Back in the forest...

Haunter was using Psychic to hold the enemies. Feraligatr was blasting his Hydro Pumps, rarely hitting. Scizor on the other hand, was using Brick Break and Agility.

"Fearligatr finish him with a Iron Tail." Gary Clark said. Feraligatr managed to hit, then he used Hydro Pump to knock Scizor to a tree. The cops and the others reached in the mean time.

"Sh*t, the cops are here. Gang of Bugs, Retreat now! One day we will get our revenge." Josh said and then ran.

The battle has ended.

Back at Cerulean Cape...

I ringed to the bell. Someone opened. It was Bill.

"Gelius long time!" He said. I shake his hand.

"Yeah." I said and entered.

"So how is your journey?" He asked. "Have you got good Pokemon that can help you?"

I nod. "Lately one of my Pokemon evolved." I said and opened Leaf's Pokeball. Bill's mouth opens.

"Wow a Shiftry! You do big progress for sure." He said.

"Oh Bill By the way... Do you know what Pokemon is this?" I said showing him my drawing. It was a creature that was Red and Blue with a gem core and tentacles.

Bill was surprised. "I think i have heard of it..." He took my drawing and looked in newspapers and data. Then he let out a big "WHAT?!" that startled me. "Gelius first of all, why you have this drawing?" He asked.

"Hum... Cause i saw that Pokemon Near Cerulean when i was younger." I said.

"Second do you know what that Pokemon is?" He asked. I shook my head. "It is the Legendary DNA Pokemon Deoxys. A Pokemon that came from space. This Pokemon is powerful and can transform in another forms. You imagine how amazing this is? Lets tell to scientists and they will recognize my job!" He said, daydreaming.

"Bill..." I said. "That won't ever happen."

"WHAT?!" He said. "But we will be recognized by the famous scientists."

"If i saw that Pokemon with my eyes and is that powerful as you say, then i prefer this secret keeps for us only. I will hunt Deoxys down and capture it." I said.

"B-b-but..." He was about to say but he sighed. "Fine."

"Well i shall be leaving." I said.

"I saw your Brother going to Vermilion. Why not follow him. You better go first to the gym." He said and i nodded. I left the cape and went to Route 25. I saw the open side road.

I asked to a worker. "Since when this passage is opened again?"

"Since 1 hour ago." He said... Wait a minute. We had entered in 1 hour ago. I should have waited... Now i need to go home and change to new clothes. This ones are all cut down. My Hat was undamaged somehow.

Years

Devin Varner
"It's Just a Mountain"
Nelly (M) Thunder Wave Wrap Twister Dragon Rage Aqua Jet Leer
dratini.gif
Nelly (M) Thunder Wave Wrap Twister Dragon Rage Aqua Jet Leer
Hop (F) Splash Psywave Odor Sleuth Zen Headbutt Endure Psybeam
spoink.gif
Hop (F) Splash Psywave Odor Sleuth Zen Headbutt Endure Psybeam

images
Pt_Items_pocket_M.png

pokeball_small.gif
pokeball_small.gif
pokeball_small.gif
pokeball_small.gif

Devin found himself standing before a mountain. A small mountain, but still a mountain. Mount Silver, which Devin could see from his home back in Johto, was much larger by far. Devin decided that the worst thing that could happen was he would trip and fall possibly. Without hesitating, he ran into the dark cave.

Once inside, Devin released Hop and Nelly. As cute as Nelly was, he equaled Devin in height. Hop, well, hopped alongside Devin while Nelly slithered. There was just enough light to see as it was but Devin's Pokemon both seemed to reflect the light. He walked along and saw a few Zubat here or there and caught a few Geodude curl up into balls. He spotted some mushrooms as well. Everything seemed rather normal and plain. That was, until Devin saw a small pink Pokemon. It had black ears and a little tuft of skin that curled up at the top of its head. Devin chased right after it with no second thought, his Pokemon close behind. The Pokemon then began wagging its fingers and a rockslide came down in front of Devin. He ran back to avoid inhaling what he shouldn't inhale. His breath was heavy and his heart was racing. Devin gained his composure and tried to find another way out of the cave.

A man slightly older than Devin came sprinting up. He was wearing a light brown uniform with a hat and a backpack. There were three pokeballs strung across his belt and he had a two o'clock shadow.

"Are you okay kid?" he asked worriedly. He saw the pile of rocks in front of Devin and his eyes widened. "What happened here?"

Devin shrugged his shoulders and clutched a poke ball on his belt. He quietly took it off and tossed it in the air, catching it on the way back. "I was about to catch this little pink Pokemon, but it wagged its fingers and that happened. It didn't look like a Pokemon that would be able to use rockslide," Devin answered.

The man nodded his head in understanding, before replying, "Ah... I was looking for fossils when I heard the crashing. My first instinct was to head for the exit, thinking it could be a cave in, but it sounds like it was just a Clefairy. They're said to be from the moon, but I've never believed that nonsense. I think they're just more intelligent than most Pokemon and most humans." The guy had a deep, raspy voice. It was rough and tough, making this guy seem like someone not to mess with. "Enough of me talking. My name's Dave, Dave Willman. How 'bout you?"

Devin didn't understand half of what he just heard, but what he got out, was that this Clefairy Pokemon is from the moon and he wants it. "I'm Devin Varner. Now where do you think that Clefairy went?" Devin asked. Dave appeared shocked, but decided to respond.

"It'll probably be hard to find, but if you can make your way to the middle of the cave you should find a bunch of them. The problem is getting there. Most of the routes in this cave lead you through the outskirts, where it's mostly just Geodude and Zubat," Dave took a deep breath, "but, if you don't want a four in five chance of getting killed, you can come with me to get some fossils."

Devin shook his head "no." "Orrrrr.... you could possibly come and help me find those Clefairy and maybe you'll spot a fossil on the way. Besides, you know a lot more about this mountain than I do!" Devin could tell that Dave wanted to go. Who wouldn't want an opportunity to see a bunch of Clefairy up close?

Dave stood in thought for a moment. "Fine, but since I know what I'm doing, you have to listen to me," Dave said seriously. Devin falsely confirmed that he would listen and the two took off right after Devin returned his two Pokemon.

The duo walked through the cave for about thirty minutes, making small talk and discussing the different cave Pokemon. Devin asked questions about how to spot a fossil to constantly be informed that you typically have to dig to find them. Devin said that as soon as he caught his Clefairy, he'd look for fossils.

Another hour passed, half of which Dave and Devin refrained from talking. Devin was following Dave the whole time hoping that they weren't lost. Every time he saw something that wasn't a mushroom or a rock, he would say something thinking it was a Clefairy.

Devin hadn't noticed anything, when Dave shoved him against the edge of the wall and whispered to stay quiet. Devin listened at first. That was, until at least thirty Clefairy came marching through. They were in perfect lines, singing some kind of song. Devin was a bit scared of Dave, but couldn't help himself. He jumped out and release Hop and Nelly. The Clefairy had no problem noticing. Devin realized his grave mistake when thirty Clefairy came running at him with glowing fists.

"Steelix, dragon breath! Tyranitar, ancient power!" Dave ordered. He had two huge Pokemon behind him who both began using incredible attacks. A silver metallic Pokemon began to shoot a blue haze of what looked like energy from its mouth and a big green Pokemon yelled while boulders glowed red behind it.

"Devin, get out of here! Now!" Dave yelled. The Clefairy were in a frenzy. Some were knocked out, some were retreating, and others were still trying to attack. Devin didn't want to leave, until a Clefairy began running at Hop. Being scared and timid, Hop hopped away at a decent pace, leading the Clefairy away. Devin saw this as the perfect opportunity. He took off towards the psychic Pokemon, trying to gain ground. Nelly picked up on this and followed Devin.

"Nell, use aqua jet!" Devin ordered. After ordering, he hopped onto Nelly's back, before the dragon's body became surrounded in water that it somehow produced. The water brushed against Devin's body, as he shot at an incredible speed toward the Clefairy. Devin made up the ground, but the Clefairy somehow evaded the attack at the last moment. Dratini spiraled into the air while Devin fell off and landed on the Clefairy. Not only that, he was soaked. His clothes and bag were a bit waterlogged. The Clefairy fell over and Devin rolled onto his side. The Pokemon popped back up while Devin went at a slow speed due to the water. He was met by a nasty double slap across the face. You could see the hand prints and Devin was clearly dazed by the attack. This made Hop a bit angry. The psychic type hopped over her head began to glow purple before she propelled herself in a spiral at Clefairy. The attack connected and the two were shot into a wall together. Devin gathered his thoughts and tried to focus on the battle.

"Hop! Use-" Devin was cut off by Clefairy using wake-up-slap on Hop. Devin had recently caught Hop in Viridian Forest and only used her briefly in his gym battle against Brock. Aside from that, this was her very first battle. She was sent about ten feet back and was laying down. She hadn't quite fainted, but Devin wanted to make sure that wouldn't happen.

"Return Hop! Nelly, user aqua jet!" Devin ordered while throwing Hop's pokeball in the air and flipping his hand to catch it at the last second. Nelly's body became encased in water and shot at Clefairy. The Clefairy had been celebrating it's victory over Hop and didn't see the attack coming. Once again, the pink Pokemon was rammed into the wall. However, Nelly turned out of the way before hurting himself.

"Now Nelly! Use thunder wave!" Devin ordered. Nelly shot thin lines of yellow and blue electricity from his fins and it went straight for a dazed Clefairy. They wrapped around the small Pokemon and squeezed it. Devin saw his opportunity to capture it, but knew this was no ordinary Pokemon.

"Finish it with dragon rage Nelly!" Devin ordered. Nelly shot a small blast of blue and white energy, followed by Devin tossing a pokeball at his target.

Back