• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Oh man, not another new person...

WolfAndSheep

Nor Predator, nor prey.
    Years
    Hello there, I'm Sarah! Been roaming around looking for a nice Pokemon forum after taking a couple years out from hanging around in internet communities. Random google search lead me here and I thought this forum looked friendly so I'm really looking forward to trying to be active here and just generally catching up with the community. I'm not sure how long here has been around but I can imagine I've missed a lot.

Anyway Let's see... I'm a 21 year old girl from York, England, and I've been into the Pokemon games since I was a kid back in the good old Red and Blue days, but since 4th generation I've been mainly focused on the more competitive mechanics of the games. These days I mostly play on Pokemon online on Random Battles because I am too lazy to hatch eggs, but I really enjoy theorising different teams and writing stuff down. My future goals are to one day participate in the VGC - I've been so wrapped up in other things for the past several years I haven't really had time to be able to participate. My current plan is to keep practicing and then hopefully play next year or when the inevitable 7th generation comes out. I'm just hopefully looking for a little motivation.

Other hobbies include being an amateur graphic artist, listening to various types of music, playing MMORPGs and binge reading wikipedia and social-science articles. I really like to learn things and study! I just finished a year at university, but decided I didn't like the course as much as I had hoped so I am taking some time out to find a new path and going back to full time working with the hopes of returning to studying next year with a better mindset. It's always been the issue that I like so many different intellectual things I don't really know what to do with myself at any given time, haha. Got a lot more free time all of a sudden though, which is why I wanted to commit to joining a new community!

Silly things I also like are heights, cute animals and jewels :>

I would describe my personality as friendly and enthusiastic and enjoy the company of most people - I really enjoy discussions with other people, but I am quite independent when on my own. People who know me well know my less formal, much more derpy side. :D

My favourite Pokemon are Dragonair and Sawsbuck. Dragonair being my favourite from a nostalgic point of view back from my childhood, and Sawsbuck just being awesome because of design and form changing mechanics.

I hope to have a good time here and to meet a bunch of new people!

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    Welcome to PC! This is a really friendly community, you are correct. Anyway, I'm Laguna, and I like in the UK as well! I don't really do competitive battling seriously but I do go on Showdown every so often to screw around. Speaking of, we have our own Showdown server actually! Go check it out whenever you have the time, it's really fun. Anyway, I think Dragonair is a pretty cool pokémon in my opinion, I like the whole design of it and it's pretty useful too.

Hope you have a good time here, and PM/VM me if you'd like someone to talk to!

Your username is awesome so you're automatically more awesome. ;p Hi there Sarah! Welcome to PC!

Ooh yes, I got into Pokémon with R/B myself. Still pretty addicted with all the updated new mechanics that make competitive breeding more accessible as a whole.. gives me a lot more to do. What MMOs do you play? I used to be obsessed with those back in the day and even though I don't play them as much anymore (seems like every other MMO closes within a year or two nowadays so I've been wary of spending too much time/money on them) they're still fun. I actually got back into MapleStory recently after being gone for years and years...

Anyways, please stick around and do have fun here. <3

WolfAndSheep

Nor Predator, nor prey.
    Years
    Oh snap... how awkward I have a username similar to a forum admin! Ahahaha. Thank you for the welcomes though.

I'd like the games even if they didn't have the competitive mechanics too still. Every new generation I love raising all the new Pokemon out, and that's enough to keep me motivated with the series. Childhood loves don't die so easily <3 But learning competitive stuff has just allowed all sorts of new pathways into the games. And I really like the other players usually - everyone I've met who has played Pokemon has always been really nice, which is something you don't usually find with competitive game communities.

Right now I'm just playing TERA as a time kill over the summer :) It's pretty fun.

And wow, you guys have your own showdown server? That's actually pretty amazing. I'll definitely be hanging around on there if there's enough people playing it! I'll scout around next time I log into showdown to see if I can find you guys :x

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
    Hey WolfAndSheep, welcome to PC!

I love your username and avatar! Did you draw your avatar yourself? :3

I started back with Blue as well; it's always cool to meet other long-time Pokemon fans. And hahaha I'm quite similar to you in that competitive battling has always sort of interested me; but whereas you're too lazy to breed and play online, I'm too lazy to even play online hahaha :P

I think what you've grown through with your course and taking time off to study is a pretty normal thing nowadays; I know heaps of people who have taken some time off studying to figure things out, travel, or work, and I'm often quite envious of them because I feel that time spent exploring other options would have been quite useful for me but ah well.

Looking forward to seeing you around! I'd love to see some of your graphics some time too :3 If you ever need any help or just want to chat, feel free to shoot me a message!

Back