• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen New Moves

Xherdan

Bad at Good Games
Years
  • Based on that list:

Acrobatics is a sweet move, i love it.
    Blue Flare is awesome, just never used it.
    Bolt Strike is also awesome. I got to use this one.
    Bulldoze helps a lot.
    Coil is cool for setting up.
    Fiery Dance means shit gets real.
    Flame Charge is very useful. I always keep it on my Emboar.
    Fusion Bolt/Flare are great to use.
    Hurricane is neat.
    Ice Burn/Freeze Shock are awesome! I love both these moves.
    Quiver dance is extremely dangerous and great. Also love its animation.
    Sacred/Secret Sword are good.
    Scald is one i appreciated using.
    Techno Blast is really cool. Especially with all the drives.
    V-Create is absolutely overpowered. I like it.
    Wild Charge is also very neat. I love using that move.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I love how they incorporated Fusion Bolt and Fusion Flare into the final battle with N in BW, and even gave them both a special animation when being used after each other. I wish they had kept this into gen 6.

Attacks like Psyshock, Quick Guard, and Scald especially are some of my favorites because of how viable they are in competitive play. And I appreciate Final Gambit now in gen 6 more for helping determine the HP IV of legendaries when soft-resetting for them.

And I just wanna leave a shout-out to Volt Switch for making Elesa's Gym battle a wild ride. It's a cool move in and of itself, too.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I have a few of fave Gen V moves, some of them are Razor Shell (I like how the scalchop cuts the stuffs), and also Psyshock which can be handy in case the opposing mon is bulky when handling Special moves.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • I think the Gen V moves are the strangest moves of all. We have moves that power up with other moves, a Water-type that burns, a move that can only harm Pokémon the same type as the user, guaranteed critical hits, Special moves that rely on Physical Defense, and ice moves that can paralyze and burn. Generally I think Gen V is that one generation that decided to think TOO out of the box when it came to moves.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I think the Gen V moves are the strangest moves of all. We have moves that power up with other moves, a Water-type that burns, a move that can only harm Pokémon the same type as the user, guaranteed critical hits, Special moves that rely on Physical Defense, and ice moves that can paralyze and burn. Generally I think Gen V is that one generation that decided to think TOO out of the box when it came to moves.

I dunno; water can be hot enough to burn in real life. Same thing with ice so cold that it burns (so I'd think paralysis wouldn't be too far off the mark, either). And in the case of the attacks that utilize the alternate Defense stat, those can be very, very helpful in competitive battles when, for instance, your Special attacker is faced against a Special wall. And while moves such as Synchronoise and the guaranteed-crit moves are a bit more gimmicky, every gen comes with a few gimmicky attacks.

Savashy

headsplitter
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2018
    My favorite gen V moves would have to be Gear Grind and Shell Smash. Gear Grind feels as if it has 90 base power, not 50. And shell smash is the ultimate set up move.

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
    Years
  • Acrobatics is one of my favourite moves, because I commonly play in No-Items tourneys, and as such it does a ton of damage! <3 But yeah the Flare/Bolt combo in the final battle was great, and of course who doesn't love V-Create!

Back