• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pok?mon of the Day - Dratini (163/???) [being remade]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
What do you suppose Whirlipede would look like if you uncoiled its body? Does it have a small core of some sort inside, or is it all shell and gooey innards?

I'd expect that is has gooey innards. It's a freaking cocoon; what do you expect?

Seriously, Whirlipede is a bizarre Pokémon to me. What is it, even?

Swithdas

What's a forum and how do I use it again..
Years
As Whirlipede is storing energy for evolution by remaining motionless, do you think a Whirlipede just about to evolve be able to stop its evolution by moving about at high speeds?

Well, man, I suppose. But if you'd spent all that time storing the energy wouldn't you want to evolve by then? I'm not sure I'd like to keep myself in Whirlipede's form for too long

pkmin3033

89 - MUK

600px-089Muk.png

"Thickly covered with a filthy, vile sludge. It is so toxic, even its footprints contain poison."

Something bad is coming down, have you heard the news? Get inside, better run and hide! Nothing can stop the Smooze~ Today's Pokemon of the Day is Muk! Eeew. A Pokemon that causes plants to wither and die, extreme sickness on contact (although this never seemed to affect Professor Oak) and make the landscape barren for three years, Muk is generally not one of those Pokemon that you want to come into contact with...so, naturally, you can find it in close proximity to human settlements. In the anime, Ash would display a phenomenal lapse in judgement by capturing an angry Muk...which he then proceeded to leave with Professor Oak, because as everyone knows, cleaning up after children is what adults do best. Ash has used his Muk a grand total of two times to date (in the Indigo League in the fourth round, and in the Johto League against Gary of all people) and it has made several small cameos. Unsurprisingly, not many other trainers have owned one, and it isn't a Pokemon that has appeared often.

Share your opinion, memories, and experiences of Muk! As well as the general questions in the first post of this topic, here are some fun things to think about:

• Muk shares many traits with Weezing and Garbodor, being a type of living pollution. But which of the three do you think is the most toxic?
  • Ash's Muk remains sadly under-utilised, despite its chipper personality and the fact that it's fully evolved...and, with the Fairy-type now in existence, it has the potential to be far more useful. Would you like to see Ash use it in the Kalos League in the future?
  • What do you think a Mega Muk would look like?

Xertified

Shtposting is my life.
Years
Muk shares many traits with Weezing and Garbodor, being a type of living pollution. But which of the three do you think is the most toxic?

Weezing, it have smelly gas that will cause asthma that will have breathing problems.

Ash's Muk remains sadly under-utilised, despite its chipper personality and the fact that it's fully evolved...and, with the Fairy-type now in existence, it has the potential to be far more useful. Would you like to see Ash use it in the Kalos League in the future?

Do not kill me, but no. I would like Ash to use Poison Type From Kalos to show it off.

What do you think a Mega Muk would look like?

I saw a design coming out of a barrel and I really liked it.

Spoiler:

Adam Levine

Years
Muk shares many traits with Weezing and Garbodor, being a type of living pollution. But which of the three do you think is the most toxic?

I think Muk is more poisonous. It's basically an acidic Jabba the Hutt. The others basically just squirt toxicity.

Ash's Muk remains sadly under-utilised, despite its chipper personality and the fact that it's fully evolved...and, with the Fairy-type now in existence, it has the potential to be far more useful. Would you like to see Ash use it in the Kalos League in the future?

I'd really like to see another one of Ash's Pokémon to return (not Charizard), and I think it's about time Ash gives more love, especially to this strange blob he caught. Its personality is adorable.

Swithdas

Years

I think Weezing is the most toxic. He's just a living, floating machine of toxic air (maybe Weezing created global warming? :P )

Man it'd be awesome for him to use Muk some more, it was always heavily underused! But if I had a Pokemon I wanted Ash to use again it would have to be his Pidgeot that he released. I could never quite get over that when I was younger :'(

Years
Ah, Muk. I've always kinda liked the thing, and although my Black 2 Nuzlocke left me feeling awful at the end, having a Muk on my final team and even live through the final fights was something that I could grudgingly appreciate. Thing was fun to use.

That being said, I would say that Weezing is the most toxic of the three given the gases it expels. And I don't care for the anime as much as quite a few people do so not gonna answer that question, but I could picture a Mega Muk being more raggedy and old-looking...if that makes any sense.

pkmin3033

450 - HIPPOWDON

600px-450Hippowdon.png

"Surprisingly quick to anger. It holds its mouth agape as a display of strength."

I hate sand. It's course, rough, irritating, and it gets everywhere. Today's Pokemon of the Day is Hippowdon! A large, foul-tempered hippo that is probably so moody because it has sand in places where there ought not be sand - and because it can't do ballet when mired in it - Hippowdon has been making a nuisance of itself as a mixed wall since its introduction in the fourth generation, boasting good typing, bulk, offenses, and access to the ever-infuriating Sand Stream ability. Yet, despite being based off a mammal that lives primarily in water, it is easily demolished by them. Go figure. In the anime a wild Hippowdon appeared as the parent of a Hippopotas that Ash and friends encountered and had difficulty staying awake for or addressing by name, and one also appeared under the control of Elite Four member Bertha, making quick and easy work of his Torterra, because type advantage only means something to lesser mortals.

Share your opinion, memories, and experiences of Hippowdon! As well as the general questions in the first post of this topic, here are some fun things to think about:

• Hippowdon has a very striking gender difference, with the female being a smoky grey instead of a tan brown. Which gender design do you prefer?
  • If given the choice, would you like to see another hippopotamus Pokemon in the future that is a water-type, to reflect a hippopotamus' natural habitat, or a Mega Hippowdon that is dual-typed Water/Ground?
  • What do you think a Mega would do for Hippowdon in the metagame?

Adam Levine

Years
Hippowdon has a very striking gender difference, with the female being a smoky grey instead of a tan brown. Which gender design do you prefer?

I guess I prefer rhe female.

If given the choice, would you like to see another hippopotamus Pokemon in the future that is a water-type, to reflect a hippopotamus' natural habitat, or a Mega Hippowdon that is dual-typed Water/Ground?

We probably need another hippo mon. Something fat, something that harnesses water well, and is very tanky.

What do you think a Mega would do for Hippowdon in the metagame?

Most likely boast its usefulness, hopefully boosting its Special Defense and Attack, and maybe a bit on its Speed.

Xertified

Shtposting is my life.
Years
Hippowdon has a very striking gender difference, with the female being a smoky grey instead of a tan brown. Which gender design do you prefer?

Female cause I like grey.

If given the choice, would you like to see another hippopotamus Pokemon in the future that is a water-type, to reflect a hippopotamus' natural habitat, or a Mega Hippowdon that is dual-typed Water/Ground?

That would be OP tbh.

What do you think a Mega would do for Hippowdon in the metagame?

It will help cause it is kinda weak because Speed.

pkmin3033

670 - FLOETTE

670Floette.png

"It flutters around fields of flowers and cares for flowers that are starting to wilt. It draws out the power of flowers to battle."

Roses are Red, Violets are Blue... Today's Pokemon of the Day is Floette! The evolved form of Flabébé, like its evolution and pre-evolution, Floette comes in a variety of different colours, for the horticulturist in you! In addition to this, a special Eternal Flower Floette exists, which is the only known Pokemon that can use the rather ominously named Light of Ruin move. A palette swap will do a lot for you, even in the world of Pokemon. This alone would make it a competitively viable Pokemon...if it were available in the games, anyway. In the anime, a blue flower Floette made a couple of prominent appearances towards the end of the XY series, but has since remained conspicuosly absent.

Share your opinion, memories, and experiences of Floette! As well as the general questions in the first post of this topic, here are some fun things to think about:

• Which colour Floette is your favourite? If you could create a new coloured Floette, what colour would you choose?
  • What is your opinion of AZ's Eternal Flower Floette? If you could give another Pokemon its signature Light of Ruin move, which Pokemon would you choose, and why?
  • Have you caught every variation of Floette? If not, is this something you would consider doing in the future?

Xertified

Shtposting is my life.
Years
Which colour Floette is your favourite? If you could create a new coloured Floette, what colour would you choose?

Green. Probably, blue smh I do not know why.

What is your opinion of AZ's Eternal Flower Floette? If you could give another Pokemon its signature Light of Ruin move, which Pokemon would you choose, and why?

Probably a more flowery Pokemon because ya know flowers.

Have you caught every variation of Floette? If not, is this something you would consider doing in the future?

Nope, I plan to do it someday but I kinda do not want to cause i am completing a Pokemon Hack right now.

Sirenita55

Team Popplio!
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2018
I adore Floette, I have used one in each of my XY playthroughs (different colours each time). My favourite would have to be the blue variety, perhaps seeing the episodes with Goodra helped influence that decision, but I remember that one being the one I wanted to catch prior to watching the anime. I would love a light pink Floette, that would be adorable!

Adam Levine

Years
Yay! Another one of my faves.

Which colour Floette is your favourite? If you could create a new coloured Floette, what colour would you choose?

I think I prefer the orange one. I...just do. If I were to make a color of my own, I'd choose purple.

What is your opinion of AZ's Eternal Flower Floette? If you could give another Pokemon its signature Light of Ruin move, which Pokemon would you choose, and why?

I love this Floette. Too bad we can't get it yet. It was so adorable, being immortal and stuff.

Swithdas

Years
Have you caught every variation of Floette? If not, is this something you would consider doing in the future?

Crazily enough I have never actually caught a Floette! I never really thought the idea of using a flower for a pokemon as decent or powerful, but happy to be proven wrong :P Will possibly catch to bulk up my dex though.

pkmin3033

282 - GARDEVOIR

600px-282Gardevoir.png

"To protect its Trainer, it will expend all its psychic power to create a small black hole."

Gardevoir used Flash! Today's Pokemon of the Day is Gardevoir! Insanely popular since its introduction in Generation III - for less than innocent reasons on much of the internet, unfortunately - Gardevoir has always been the more popular of Ralt's final evolutions, even with the introduction of Gallade in Generation IV. It even managed to win the Favourite Pokemon Tournament on these forums! Given Fairy typing in Generation VI, as well as a Mega Evolution, Gardevoir has also become substantially more useful in the current metagame, its upgrade in utility even going so far as to make it the main Pokemon of the Kalos Champion, Diantha. In the anime it has appeared several times in modestly significant roles, and most recently appeared in its capacity as Diantha's main Pokemon, with the capability to mega evolve...although not to witstand the offensive might of Ash-Greninja.

Share your opinion, memories, and experiences of Gardevoir! As well as the general questions in the first post of this topic, here are some fun things to think about:

• How do you suppose a Gardevoir has not accidentally destroyed the planet by now by losing control of one of its miniature black holes?
  • What did you think of the additions made to Gardevoir in Generation VI?
  • Gallade can only be male; however, Gardevoir can be both male and female. Based on this, would you create a female-only evolution of Kirlia? How would it differ from Gardevoir if so?
  • Gardevoir has legs under its dress...so, is the dress a part of its body, or like clothing? Similarly, as its body is white, are its green sleeves a costume, or a part of the Pokemon?

Adam Levine

Years
What did you think of the additions made to Gardevoir in Generation VI?

Awesome. It has Pixilate, its best stats got boosted, and it's now a Fairy type. I can't really ask for more.

Gallade can only be male; however, Gardevoir can be both male and female. Based on this, would you create a female-only evolution of Kirlia? How would it differ from Gardevoir if so?

I probably wouldn't make one, just to make Pokémon less of a "fan-service" thing.

Gardevoir has legs under its dress...so, is the dress a part of its body, or like clothing? Similarly, as its body is white, are its green sleeves a costume, or a part of the Pokemon?

I think the dress and sleeves are part of the Pokémon. I'm pretty sure there's never been a Gardevoir without its dress canonically.

pkmin3033

19 - RATTATA

019Rattata.png

"Bites anything when it attacks. Small and very quick, it is a common sight in many places."

Did I ever tell you about my super-cool Rattata? Today's Pokemon of the Day is Rattata! One of those Pokemon you never really want to see yet wind up seeing in droves in every game you can find it - which, unfortunately, is most of them - Rattata is the original grass mob nuisance, inspiring future useless Normal type Pokemon such as Sentret, Zigazagoon, and Bidoof in later generations, although it remains within the top percentage of this category. Rattata is also the originator of the F.E.A.R. strategy in battles (Focus Sash, Endeavour, Quick Attack, Rattata) that was alarmingly popular and absolutely infuriating in the fourth generation. In the anime Rattata has made several appearances from the first episode - in which it liberated Ash of his lunch - although they have all been minor, because nobody wants to use it in even an ironic way.

Share your opinion, memories, and experiences of Rattata! As well as the general questions in the first post of this topic, here are some fun things to think about:

• Have you ever used, or been the victim of, the FEAR strategy?
  • How many times did Youngster Joey call you?
  • Do you find Rattata to be particularly annoying when compared to other common early game Normal-type Pokemon?

Adam Levine

Years
Have you ever used, or been the victim of, the FEAR strategy?

Used it once. It was a fun time.

How many times did Youngster Joey call you?

At least three? I don't really remember, though.

Years
What did you think of the additions made to Gardevoir in Generation VI?
I think Alpha Sapphire was the first time that I featured Gardevoir in my party, and a large reason for that was both the addition of the Fairy typing, and its added Mega Evolution. While I'm not saying I wouldn't have used it if remained unchanged, I definitely think these additions brought up its value in my eyes.

Gardevoir has legs under its dress...so, is the dress a part of its body, or like clothing? Similarly, as its body is white, are its green sleeves a costume, or a part of the Pokemon?
There are a lot of Pokemon in a similar conundrum (Hitmonchan, Gothitelle, Machoke/Machamp, Sawk/Throh) where they may be wearing clothes, but you can't be 100% sure. I'll always treat what they're wearing as clothes though, as it's a bit weird to think of them as skin or fur or something similar.

How many times did Youngster Joey call you?
Way too many times in Gold, though I don't remember him calling me a lot in HeartGold (maybe I never added him to my Pokegear?). Eventually I had to make room for other trainers so he was one of the first to go, but maybe he wasn't as bad as I remember.

Do you find Rattata to be particularly annoying when compared to other common early game Normal-type Pokemon?
While I don't particularly care for Rattata, I preferred it over both Bunnelby and Bidoof (though the latter was good if you needed an HM slave early on).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back