• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pok?mon of the Day - Dratini (163/???) [being remade]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
Did Tyruntrum's design or typing prompt you to choose the Jaw Fossil in Pokemon X/Y?

It didn't, but it will. Aurorus has a terrible typing, and Tyrantrum looks so damn awesome.

pkmin3033

193 - YANMA

600px-193Yanma.png

"Its eyes can see 360 degrees without moving its head. It won't miss prey, even those behind it."

The Earth dies. There was nowhere man could run. And in the great Cataclysm of the 40th century, only those who could survive the inferno remained. Today's Pokemon of the Day is Yanma! An oversized dragonfly that weighs as much as the male player character in Pokemon Diamond and Pearl - which is pretty scary when you think about it, especially when you consider Pokemon like Sudowoodo and Togekiss are also this heavy - Yanma was one of the first Pokemon to be available via a swarming event in the second generation titles, and had a measly encounter rate of 1% otherwise. The 157th fastest Pokemon, Yanma was later given the Speed Boost ability as well as an evolution in Yanmega in Generation IV, giving it some utility in lower tiers. In the anime, Jessie owned a Yanma for a short time, before it eventually evolved into Yanmega and became one of her main Pokemon in the Sinnoh seasons. Before then it only appeared in minor roles, smashing glass and causing trouble.

Share your opinion, memories, and experiences of Yanma! As well as the general questions in the first post of this topic, here are some fun things to think about:

• Did you manage to find a Yanma swarm in Gold/Silver or their remakes?
  • What is your opinion of Yanma when compared to the other bug-type Pokemon released in Generation II? Is it one you would consider using in the future?
  • Would you like to see another dragonfly Pokemon based on a different species? How would it compare to Yanma?

Adam Levine

Years
Did you manage to find a Yanma swarm in Gold/Silver or their remakes?

Yes, in HeartGold. Unfortunately only once.

What is your opinion of Yanma when compared to the other bug-type Pokemon released in Generation II? Is it one you would consider using in the future?

It looks rad compared to some Bug-types, but Heracross and Scizor are exceptions.

Would you like to see another dragonfly Pokemon based on a different species? How would it compare to Yanma?

(In 2000)
Yes.

(Three years later)
Wish granted.

Xertified

Shtposting is my life.
Years

In HeartGold.

What is your opinion of Yanma when compared to the other bug-type Pokemon released in Generation II? Is it one you would consider using in the future?

New Mega or evolution.

Would you like to see another dragonfly Pokemon based on a different species? How would it compare to Yanma?

Nope.

Years
Yeah, in Soul Silver I did get a lucky Yanma. Can't recall it was a swarm but it was annoying how long I had to wait for one.

I found it initially underwhelming, but thankfully 4th Gen redeemed it with the addition of Yanmega and the fact it's able to evolve easily in HG/SS before the postgame, making it more desirable for the story.

At this stage, I can't really see it unless if they make it extremely different.

pkmin3033

352 - KECLEON

352Kecleon.png

"Its eyes can see 360 degrees without moving its head. It won't miss prey, even those behind it."

Loving would be easy if your colors were like my dreams. Red, gold and green, red, gold and green~
Today's Pokemon of the Day is Kecleon! The first Generation III Pokemon to appear in the anime, and one of the first to be revealed - alongside Wailmer and Azurill, over fifteen years ago! - Kecleon has the ability to camoflauge itself to blend in with its surroundings...well, almost. The red stripe across its belly remains visible, providing the perfect signpost to predators that might wanted to rip out its entrails. Kecleon plays a prominent role in the DS Pokemon Mystery Dungeon titles, serving as the shopkeeper...and has a ridiculously low recruitment rate of 0.1% even with the Friend Bow equipped. In the anime Kecleon first appeared on a boat, in which it foiled an attempt by Team Rocket to steal its trainer's belongings, although Harrison also used one against Ash in the Silver Conference. Predictably, it lost to Pikachu.

Share your opinion, memories, and experiences of Kecleon! As well as the general questions in the first post of this topic, here are some fun things to think about:

• Did you ever manage to recruit a Kecleon in either of the DS Pokemon Mystery Dungeon titles?
  • A purple Kecleon exists in the anime and the Mystery Dungeon titles, but is unavailable in the main games. Would you like to see this Kecleon distributed as an event, or made available in some form in future titles?
  • Did you see the original announcement that revealed Kecleon as part of the next generation? What were your initial thoughts?

Xertified

Shtposting is my life.
Years
Did you ever manage to recruit a Kecleon in either of the DS Pokemon Mystery Dungeon titles?

Nope.

A purple Kecleon exists in the anime and the Mystery Dungeon titles, but is unavailable in the main games. Would you like to see this Kecleon distributed as an event, or made available in some form in future titles?

Why not, it needs a push.

A purple Kecleon exists in the anime and the Mystery Dungeon titles, but is unavailable in the main games. Would you like to see this Kecleon distributed as an event, or made available in some form in future titles?

Suprisingly, I didn't.

Adam Levine

Years
Did you ever manage to recruit a Kecleon in either of the DS Pokemon Mystery Dungeon titles?

I plan to, as it's still the only Pokémon I haven't recruited in Explorers of Sky. Sadly, it'll take long before my Mew is at level 90-something and has Fast Friend. Also, I can probably never do it. Broken DS.

pkmin3033

647 - KELDEO

600px-647Keldeo.png

"When it is resolute, its body fills with power and it becomes swifter. Its jumps are then too fast to follow."

He's smart, he's cool, he's nobody's fool! Today's Pokemon of the Day is Keldeo! The unofficial fourth member of the Swords of Justice - Cobalion, Terrakion, and Virizion - Keldeo shares many traits with the Muskedeers. Despite being portrayed as their junior in the lore, it actually learns moves of a higher base power, and even gets its own signature move, Secret Sword. This allows it to transform into its Resolute Form, in which its horn gets significantly bigger and that's more or less it. Despite having the lowest base stat total of all mythical Pokemon, Keldeo is a force to be reckoned with in the upper echelons of the metagame...if you can get your hands on one; alongside Meloetta it has had the fewest distributions thus far, although it is due another one in October this year as part of the 20th Anniversary release. In the anime, Keldeo has only appeared in the fifteenth movie, in which it was trying to learn Sacred Sword and, rather than waiting to learn it properly, it picked a fight with Kyurem of all things. Needless to say, this did not go over well.

Share your opinion, memories, and experiences of Keldeo! As well as the general questions in the first post of this topic, here are some fun things to think about:

• If Keldeo and Suicune had a race across the ocean, who would win?
  • What do you think of Keldeo's design and utility when compared to the other Swords of Justice?
  • What did you think of Keldeo's Resolute Form when it was leaked? Would you have liked to have seen further design changes to signify an increase in power?

Xertified

Shtposting is my life.
Years
If Keldeo and Suicune had a race across the ocean, who would win?

Suicune.

What do you think of Keldeo's design and utility when compared to the other Swords of Justice?

He is really cool, I admit it.

What did you think of Keldeo's Resolute Form when it was leaked? Would you have liked to have seen further design changes to signify an increase in power?

Just no Megas.

Adam Levine

Years
What do you think of Keldeo's design and utility when compared to the other Swords of Justice?

The three look like actual warriors. Keldeo looks like something out of MLP.

However, Keldeo is much better than the three, competitively. Secret Sword is a decent move, and it has a nice typing.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
Years
If Keldeo and Suicune had a race across the ocean, who would win?
Suicune.

I like its design better than the others and I think that all four of them match their representations of the musketeers really well.

What did you think of Keldeo's Resolute Form when it was leaked? Would you have liked to have seen further design changes to signify an increase in power?
I thought it looked better than its normal form when I first saw it and I think that design is as good as it can get.

pkmin3033

410 - SHIELDON

600px-410Shieldon.png

"A Pokémon that lived in jungles around 100 million years ago. Its facial hide is extremely hard."

Come back with your Shield or On it. Today's Pokemon of the Day is Shieldon! One of the fossil Pokemon of Generation IV, for some obscure reason Shieldon habitually polishes its face by rubbing it against a tree trunk, of all things; behaviour one might just call...barking mad. Like its counterpart Cranidos, it evolves at Level 30, which is actually the earliest of any Fossil Pokemon to date...despite apparently being one of the oldest, since it was supposedly around 100 million years ago. Shieldon's only major anime appearance saw Hunter J out to capture four of them for a mysterious client...unfortunately, its debut was vastly eclipsed by the fact that Gary Oak also made a reappearance in a sexy new lab coat. Semi-mad scientist Newton Graceland also owned one in the eleventh Pokemon film.

Share your opinion, memories, and experiences of Shieldon! As well as the general questions in the first post of this topic, here are some fun things to think about:

• Did you choose Shieldon or Cranidos? What prompted your choice?
  • Why do you think Shieldon tries to polish its face using tree trunks of all things?

Xertified

Shtposting is my life.
Years
Did you choose Shieldon or Cranidos? What prompted your choice?

Shieldon, brother chose Carnidos so.

Why do you think Shieldon tries to polish its face using tree trunks of all things?

Ask Arceus.

Years

I chose Cranidos, I just think it's a lot cooler.

Why do you think Shieldon tries to polish its face using tree trunks of all things?

Cause it's *puts on sunglasses* barking mad...

Years
I'm very upset to find that (now I actually read the post properly) my joke had already been used :'(

Adam Levine

Years

Cranidos. Because it's a pachycephalosaurus! Then it ended up as an important member of my Platinum team!

To mark territory, I guess.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
Years
Shieldon. I didn't have a choice because I picked Pearl version and my ID in Platinum made me get Armour fossils. Otherwise, I would've picked Cranidos because I like it better.

I dunno. Tree trunks are rough?

pkmin3033

69 - BELLSPROUT

069Bellsprout.png

"A carnivorous Pokémon that traps and eats bugs. It uses its root feet to soak up needed moisture. "

Down at the bottom of the garden, among the birds and the bees... Today's Pokemon of the Day is Bellsprout! A disturbingly vicious Pokemon despite its relatively harmless appearance, Bellsprout was first introduced in Generation I, the Pokemon Blue exclusive Grass/Poison type mirroring Red's Oddish - it evolves at Level 21, requires a Leaf Stone to reach its final stage, and has also had its egg design revealed. It's also classified as Flower Pokemon, the same as Vileplume and Bellossom...even though it is technically a bud and evolves into a pitcher plant. Weird. Despite being a relatively low-key and weak Pokemon, Bellsprout has received a lot of attention in the games, getting its own tower in the second generation...perhaps to make up for not getting a Sun Stone evolution. In the anime, Jeanette Fisher's Bellsprout absolutely curbstomped Ash (at least until Muk) in the Indigo League, marking its finest hour. It has had several fairly prominent appearances since under the control of minor characters.

Share your opinion, memories, and experiences of Bellsprout! As well as the general questions in the first post of this topic, here are some fun things to think about:

• Bellsprout vs. Oddish - which is your favourite? Did you use Bellsprout as a part of a Blue/LeafGreen run due to its version exclusivity? Is this something you would consider doing in the future?
  • Were you annoyed that Bellsprout didn't get a Sun Stone final evolutionary stage in Generation II like Oddish did in Bellossom? If you had the opportunity to design one now, what would it look like?

Adam Levine

Years
Were you annoyed that Bellsprout didn't get a Sun Stone final evolutionary stage in Generation II like Oddish did in Bellossom? If you had the opportunity to design one now, what would it look like?

I'm a tad bothered, but I would be more bothered trying to think of one. The Bellsprout line does not look fit to have a Sun Stone evolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back