• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pok?mon of the Day - Dratini (163/???) [being remade]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
What do you think of Chespin's design? Would you like to see more grass-type starters based on mammals in the future?

Yes, I would.

Did you choose Chespin in X/Y? Why/why not?

I haven't played X and Y yet, but I'm definitely picking Chespin. Fennekin isn't so great and Froakie's line is sorta too good.

Years
Did you choose Chespin in X/Y? Why/why not?

I didn't, because Froakie was my fave Kalos starter and I did have the ability to get Fennekin from the post-game trade with Shauna. Maybe I might consider Chespin another time, but with 7th Gen coming I may not even get around to doing Kalos again.

pkmin3033

330 - FLYGON

latest

"It whips up sandstorms with powerful flaps of its wings. It is known as "The Desert Spirit."

He won't last five minutes on foot. It's spawning season for the Antlions! Today's Pokemon of the Day is Flygon! Always outshined by the likes of Metagross and Salamence in the third generation metagame, although not without a niche of its own in lower tiers, Flygon has always been fairly popular amongst fans nonetheless. Initially, it was going to be one of the few Pokemon to receive a Mega Evolution in XY, although this was ultimately dropped due to Ken Sugimori experiencing artist's block...a block he evidently didn't get over in time for ORAS either. Flygon made its anime debut in the sixth Pokemon movie, where it provided transportation for Ash and friends, and Drew would later use one in the series against May in Contests.

Share your opinion, memories, and experiences of Flygon! As well as the general questions in the first post of this topic, here are some fun things to think about:

• Would you have liked to have seen a Mega Flygon in Generation VI? Would you like to see one in the future?
  • How would you rate Flygon's design and general usability when compared other Dragon-types? Despite Salamence's popularity, have you ever considered using Flygon?

Adam Levine

Years
Would you have liked to have seen a Mega Flygon in Generation VI? Would you like to see one in the future?

I'd LOVE to see one! A Mega Flygon sounds and would look awesome.

How would you rate Flygon's design and general usability when compared other Dragon-types? Despite Salamence's popularity, have you ever considered using Flygon?

Flygon looks cool and all; it just doesn't feel as usable. At least it's no Druddigon.

pkmin3033

18 - PIDGEOT

latest

"This Pok?mon flies at Mach 2 speed, seeking prey. Its large talons are feared as wicked weapons."

Hurricane winds are a breeze for Pidgeotto here! Today's Pokemon of the Day is Pidgeot! The fully evolved form of Pidgey - and not a Pidgeotto, regardless of what the dub occasionally tells us - Pidgeot was subsequently a staple for many teams in the earlier days of the franchise...after all, Pidgey was everywhere. It was one of several Pokemon to receive a Mega Evolution in Gen VI, catapulting it back into relevance again after being overshadowed by several other Normal/Flying types...and Talonflame. In the anime, Ash's Pidgeotto eventually evolved into Pidgeot - after the Indigo League competition, unfortunately for him - and he reacted to this by promptly letting it go so that it could defend an arbitrary patch of forest against a Fearow that he originally upset in the very first episode as a Spearow. Not one of his smarter moves. Falkner also used one against Ash - and lost spectacularly against his Charizard - and Solidad also used one in her contests, which were noticeably more successful.

Share your opinion, memories, and experiences of Pidgeot! As well as the general questions in the first post of this topic, here are some fun things to think about:

• Were you pleased to see Pidgeot receive a Mega Evolution in Gen I, or do you think there is another Gen I Pokemon that would have been better served getting one?
  • Do you think Ash will ever actually go back to get his Pidgeot? Would you like to see this happen?

Adam Levine

Years
Were you pleased to see Pidgeot receive a Mega Evolution in Gen I, or do you think there is another Gen I Pokemon that would have been better served getting one?

No, no! Mega Pidgeot is great. ...but I think a Mega Golem or Machamp would be nice.

Do you think Ash will ever actually go back to get his Pidgeot? Would you like to see this happen?

No, I don't think he will, but it would seem good.

Is Pidgeot a good Messiah?

The best.

pkmin3033

206 - DUNSPARCE

latest

"It digs into the ground with its tail and makes a mazelike nest. It can fly just a little."

If you're gonna dig, dig to the heavens. Today's Pokemon of the Day is...oh, right, it's Dunsparce. Always depicted as being much smaller than its actual 4'11" in length, usually uncommon or rare when it's available in games - making it a popular choice for swarms - and often outright forgotten or overlooked by the majority of people, Dunsparce has been around since the second generation and has not done a single meaningful thing in either the anime or the games during that time. Based on the tsuchinoko, a Japanese cryptid, it seems that this trait has carried over onto Dunsparce: nobody wants to acknowledge its existence. In the anime, Dunsparce has rarely appeared outside of the token episode it had in the Johto anime, in which an entire town full of children had one for some reason. Ash also encountered one in Unova and wanted to catch it, but unfortunately for him, things didn't go according to plan...

Share your opinion, memories, and experiences of Dunsparce! As well as the general questions in the first post of this topic, here are some fun things to think about:

• What do you think of Dunsparce? Is it really as forgettable as it seems? Have you ever used one?
  • Do you think Dunsparce would benefit from an evolution, or a Mega Evolution? How would you make it more relevant in the franchise if given the chance?

Adam Levine

Years
What do you think of Dunsparce? Is it really as forgettable as it seems? Have you ever used one?

Yes; in fact, it's one of the few Pokémon I actually forget.

Do you think Dunsparce would benefit from an evolution, or a Mega Evolution? How would you make it more relevant in the franchise if given the chance?

Dunsparce having an evolution would be better imo. Dunsparce could benefit from an Eviolite buff, as well.

pkmin3033

587 - EMOLGA

250px-587Emolga.png

"The energy made in its cheeks' electric pouches is stored inside its membranes and released while it is gliding. "

Your bullets cannot harm me! My wings are like a shield of steel! Today's Pokemon of the Day is Emolga! The adorably cute "Pikaclone" of the fifth generation, Emolga is based on a flying squirrel - hence the dual flying type, making it unique amongst the Pikaclones up to that point in being the only one with a dual-type...at least until Dedenne came along in Gen VI - Emolga is woefully outclassed by other Pokemon offensively and fragile to the point of absurdity...good thing it's so cute. In the anime, Iris caught an Emolga, which would get itself into numerous difficult situations...or, rather, everyone else. Especially once it learned how to use Volt Switch. Gym Leader Elesa had a slightly more well-behaved one, which somehow managed to take out Ash's Palpitoad, putting him in a spot of bother...momentarily.

Share your opinion, memories, and experiences of Emolga! As well as the general questions in the first post of this topic, here are some fun things to think about:

• Emolga was first revealed on August 7th, 2010 - almost six years ago! How did you feel about it then? Had you decided on using one, and did you when BW were released?
  • In your opinion, how does Emolga compare to the other Pikaclones, both before and after its reveal?

Adam Levine

Years
In your opinion, how does Emolga compare to the other Pikaclones, both before and after its reveal?

Emolga is actually probably the best Pikaclone. It can glide, and looks much more adorable than even Togedemaru.

Years
Emolga was first revealed on August 7th, 2010 - almost six years ago! How did you feel about it then? Had you decided on using one, and did you when BW were released?
I remember when I first saw Emolga and found out it was a Flying-type, I was like happy to see a Pikaclone that was actually different from the others and its type combination doesn't get many weaknesses while also getting some decent resistances. Didn't exactly use it on my main team, but I rotated it in time to time.

In your opinion, how does Emolga compare to the other Pikaclones, both before and after its reveal?
I think Emolga still stands out among Pikaclones, due to its notable status as the only Pikaclone who isn't weak to Ground-type, which is the common annoyance to Electric-types. While I didn't enjoy the BW anime much I still liked how Iris' Emolga gave me some laughs.

pkmin3033

147 - DRATINI

147.png

"It is called the "Mirage Pokémon" because so few have seen it. Its shed skin has been found."

Drat, I'm out of clever puns and references... Today's Pokemon of the Day is Dratini! Dratini was originally considered a mythical Pokemon in the in-game and anime universe...at least until that classification was used to refer to Legendaries that weren't quite legendary enough to be Legendary, then it was downgraded to a "Mirage" Pokemon instead. Dratini was originally one of three Dragon-type Pokemon, the other two being its evolutions, making it something special in the first generation titles. Unsurprisingly, it was extremely difficult to get hold of, being a rare Pokemon in the Safari Zone or a ridiculously expensive Game Corner prize in the first generation titles, and being generally uncommon or outright unavailable in other games. Dratini's first appearance in the anime was actually in episode 35 of the original series, although a trigger-happy warden meant that episode was ultimately banned and never aired outside of Japan. It's only other noteworthy appearance was under the ownership of Gym Leader Clair, where it ultimately evolved into Dragonair.

Share your opinion, memories, and experiences of Dratini! As well as the general questions in the first post of this topic, here are some fun things to think about:

• How did you get your first Dratini? Did you buy it, or get lucky and fish one up?
  • Dratinia's prototype name was "Dragoon". Do you think this suits it better?

Adam Levine

Years
How did you get your first Dratini? Did you buy it, or get lucky and fish one up?

The latter.

Dratini's prototype name was "Dragoon". Do you think this suits it better?

Nah. Dratini sounds better.

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2017
Dratini ! I think the first time I saw it was when I had a battle with a trainer in Clair's Gym.

Actually, I got my first Dratini was the one with Extreme Speed in Dragon's Den. It is one of the most memorable places in Johto because when you enter it, you feel powerful and it's even better when you receive this very special Dratini.

What I love about Dratini is that it evolves into Dragonair which is my favorite Dragon type pokemon.

To answer the last question, I think the name ''Dratini'' suits is better, but maybe just because I'm used to this name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back