• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Unbreakable Chains - The Rift Menace [OOC/T]

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
Michele - I'll keep you in mind when you're ready, Stingray. Just remember that I have already opened the portal for others. If I'm not here to greet you, I'll have someone else help you understand the situation.

EDIT: Everyone please refer to The story so far to see where you'll end up next.

Last edited:
Years
Well, since no one else is asking anything, I will.

1. How do we know exactly what materials of weapons we got? i.e. do I, for example, have an iron or steel sword, and do I have a wooden bow or an iron bow (that might be weird but whatever), and if it is wood, how sturdy is it? And moreover, what kind of armor do I have? Chainmail or plate (chainmail being my preference due to less weight)? Do we just make up what kinds of weapons and armor we have?

2. Thanks for not bunnying us, but... I guess we just follow Lady Michele through the portal and wonder where we'll end up, since the lab has the vaguest description possible? What does "state-of-the-art" mean for a lab in the Middle Ages?

Thank you, and sorry if I come off sounding a bit harsh.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
1. Basically the weapons you chose in your SU, & what material they are, that's up to you. As for the armor, that's also up to you. If you prefer different armor, you can always go to the shops later in the RP.

2. You can interact with each other before entering the portal, optional. As for the lab, for story reasons, you won't be entering the lab yet. As for state-of-the-art, it's what they think is state-of-the-art, so mostly mythological. I'll explain it later when we get to that point. Again, you can interact with each other or anything else before entering the portal.

Don't worry about it. I try to be reasonable with everyone's opinions.

Anyway, I have a bit of the story planned out with other optional stuff, but if you want, you can suggest what can be added to the story, like if you want a certain character from a different series involved in the story.

(Drakath)

The Champion of Chaos
Years
Name: Kiro Irakuza

Nickname: (none)

Weapon(s) of Choice: Sword, Dagger, and Bow (or a hidden blade from Assassin's Creed would be nice if possible)

Hero Orbs: Eragon, Master Chief

Personality: Kiro is very rash. It often gets him into trouble. He goes about life in a very carefree manner, until he gets into trouble that is. He often procrastinates with things he doesn't want to do to have fun. Kiro also isn't the nicest person. Overall he is a childish butthole.

Appearance: Darkish skinned. Just barely under 6 feet tall. He has, though naturally a mini afro, straightened super dark red hair that appears as a nearly black, very dark brown that is just like his eyes. There's also a streak of dark red dye in front and on the left. He's wearing a black hoodie with a grey design strewn across it and a red and black shirt underneath. He also has dark jeans with black shoes that have dark red designs and laces.

Reason Why You Chose To Help: Adventure, life here is so boring. Why do you think I enjoy RPs so much?

RP Sample: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8576896&postcount=644

Whoa, this sounds like a cool RP. Why not? Kiro sighed, I wish these were real... He thought, unaware that this one was. Huh? What's this from ???

Last edited:

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
A few things, (Drakath). You'll need to enter two heroes in the Hero Orb section before you can start. The other thing is your RP Sample. It's too short for a sample. Another option is to just link a previous post in a previous RP, if you want. For now, you're pending.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
(Drakath) is accepted. You've arrived at the same time as everyone else, just to help you keep up with the RP.

ElectroJoe: Yes, we are still accepting. I'll reserve you a spot. You have a week to get your SU up.

ElectroJoe

The Electric Guy
Years
Alright, so here's my SU. Everything seems fine to me, but let me know if I have to change anything.

Name: Joseph Matthews

Nickname: A lot of people usually call me Joey, but you could probably give me a nickname of your own if you wish... just as long as it isn't insulting. Although, it could take me a little while to get used to if you do so.

Weapon(s) of Choice: A bladed lance that's collapsible into a sword and a pistol for some range.

Hero Orbs: Chloe (Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold), and Pit (Kid Icarus)

Personality: I can really be a nice guy when you get to know me. I'm a bit quiet when it comes to new people, but I'll probably warm up to them if I'm given enough time. I'm also pretty understanding, trying to see things from their point of view, but I try to stay away from other people's arguments. Socially, I can either be comical, making a few jokes here and there, or I can be pretty serious. It really depends on what mood I'm in, but I'll also be serious if you make things seem... well, serious. I'll also try to amuse myself, and possibly others, by making a few references here and there. Oh, one last thing! I work an overnight job, so my sleeping hours will probably be a mess for a few weeks. Although, it wouldn't be the first time that I stayed awake during the day with this job, so... we'll see.

Appearance: Alright, so... what you'll be looking for is a guy that's around 5'11 with a paleish white... ah, who am I kidding? My skin's pretty pale. I have brown hair with brown eyes and may or may not have a short beard... It depends on when I shave (it's usually once every one or two weeks). If I do have one, just know that you may notice a bit more of an auburn color mixed in it. Clothing wise, I'll probably be wearing a darker blue t-shirt with dark blue and red shorts to match my shoes. It doesn't look as bad as it sounds, believe me. And don't worry, I'll pack some warmer clothes too.

Reason Why You Chose To Help: Well, there are a few reasons. First off, this "Void" guy basically just threatened everything that I know, love, and stand for. Second of all, you guys seem like you could really use some help. And last but not least, because this "Void" guy seems pretty evil... which is more or less what made the first two reasons in the first place, isn't it? Do I even want to count that as a third reason? Yeah, why not? It's out there, anyway.

RP Sample: Joey looked over the message a few times, trying to make sense of it. Not because he didn't know what it meant, he could read and interpret it perfectly fine, but the question was whether or not it was real to begin with. It didn't look like any sort of scam that he'd seen, and they weren't really asking him for any money. All in all, it seemed about as real as a call for help could get on a message. Joey was pretty convinced that this was legit. He smiled as he made the decision to accept their plea. After all, there wasn't really much of a downside here. If this is really happening, then he'll help save Icesal, along with his own world. If it isn't, then he'll at least humor whatever troll was on the other side of the screen.

Last edited:

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
ElectroJoe is accepted. You arrive at the same time as everyone else so that you can catch up with current events. I'm having deja vu saying that.

Everyone, It's been at least a week & there hasn't been much activity. We just started, & I'd hate to see this RP die so soon. I understand if you're dealing with things irl. Just want to keep this RP alive.

ElectroJoe

The Electric Guy
Years
So... quick question about those silhouettes.

Do they have any weapons at all and if they do, what are they? I think I know the answer, but since it was never said if it was or wasn't, I figured I might as well ask.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
So they don't have any weapons at all. They attack spewing out dark matter from their mouths. It burns like hell, but only lasts a split second after contact. Best to avoid that. Up close, they swipe with their lifeless arms. Not as dangerous as their other attack, but still best to dodge or block.

EDIT: I've recently opened a new Skype chat so we could chat about the RP or anything more efficiently. The link is in the first post.

Last edited:

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
A reminder: I opened a skype chat so we could discuss the RP or anything else unrelated back on the first page. Now come one! Let's post the sh*t out of this RP!

Back