• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

It's baaaaaack: VGC 30-Day Music Challenge!

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
Years
Time to combine both yesterday's and today's in one post. First I will go with yesterday's

Day 28: An unnatuarally catchy tune

When it comes to a tune in a song that is really catchy, there is one that come to might right away. The one that comes to mind is the Super Mario Bros Theme from Super Mario.

Now for today's

Day 29: A cover of a video game song

First off, is a cover of a video game song still considered a cover if the one who originally composed the song is part of the group? If so, I am certain I have one in mind. I am going to choose is Battle With the Four Fiends from Final Fantasy IV, performed by the Black Mages.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
Day 29: Cover

Quake 2 Descent into Cerberon

Fantastic Guitar cover of one of my favorite tracks in Quake 2. Quake 2 is simply one of those games where i can say its within my favorites list of all time for both the game and the kicka*s soundtrack. Whenever people make some fantastic covers of Quake 2's OST, they make me happy, and hopefully make the original composes of the game's soundtrack, Sonic Mayhem, happy too.

I chose this particular piece for its sick guitar solos.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
Day 29: A cover
The London Philharmonic Orchestra is normally my go to for any covers, though the haven't put out any new ones in a while. The both make modifications to original pieces or just leave some how they are.

One Final Effort from Halo 3 is probably my favorite cover by them. Having heard it countless times before, I enjoy the changes they make to it.

GTA IV's Soviet Connection. Why? I think the better question is Why Not? Covered by LPO

Day 30: My choice?!

Well since you said so, enjoy this mashup!

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
Day 30: My own choice

More Doom 2016 music for me? Well at least its not BFG Division. Anyway, I remember this track "Flesh and Metal" being such a kick ass tune in some of the combat scenarios with its style of build up then BANG!! I have such a big biased love for Doom 2016's soundtrack since its such a well composed soundtrack that expressively knows what the heck it is, yet it takes a lot of deep and critical thinking (and appreciation of what the game it is) to get it.

Mick Gordon i salute you for making such a magnificent soundtrack to a magnificent game.

Back