• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

It's baaaaaack: VGC 30-Day Music Challenge!

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
  • Day 16: A song from your favorite genre

I guess this the day where I bring out the Dynasty Warriors songs

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Day 17: A song from your favorite game

Favorite game is Shining Force III. A pretty old game released for the Sega Saturn back in '97 that really does just about everything right. Whether it be the Shining series, Fire Emblem or SRW, I love me some tactical RPGs.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • Day 16: A song from your favorite genre

I don't know how I haven't broken this game out yet as I think it has my favorite soundtrack in a game ever and is certainly in my top 10 games list. Tony Hawk games + Dead Rising just... works...

Day 17: A song from your favorite game

I'm sure it's known my favorite game ever is Black Mesa: Source so I will of course chose a track from that. Specifically from the kinda recently released "Surface Tension: Uncut" expansion. The music for when the Hazardous Environment Combat Unit of the Marines realized that control of the situation had permanently shifted out of their grasps!

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen yesterday
    Day 16 Favourite Genre

Country isn't my favourite genre per se, but it's the most applicable here. This song was so symbolic for my NCR playthrough that it felt like I was playing as said Ranger!

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
  • Day 17: A song from your favorite game

Impossible to pick any other Snake Eater song over this, so I'll have to post Snake Eater theme. Its use in the game was fantastic as well.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • Day 18: A song that makes you nervous

When it comes to a song that makes me nervous, there is probably one that I can think of. One that I can think of is Humans are Disappearing from Mass Effect 2. I recall that the first time I played Mass Effect 2, I knew that in game human colonists have vanished, but who caused it is unknown

Last edited:

Arsenic

Years

I don't think there are really any songs that make me nervous honestly, so I'll just do one from a mission I hate. That's the same thing right...???

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen yesterday
    Day 17 Song from favourite game

Since somebody already posted the excellent Snake Eater theme, I'll have to settle for this haha

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years

Now this is a tough one. I really have no idea what to use so I'll just go with good olde Lu Bu on harder difficulties, specifically the Battle of Hulao Gate where you're usually underleveled to take him on, and he wrecks you and the AI you're supposed to protect.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • Day 19: A song from your favorite album

When it comes to a song from my favorite album, that is a tough decision to make since I have more than one favorite video game album. Course in this case I will choose a song from one of the Assassin's Creed albums. The song I choose is Ships of Legend from Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years

Since I've yet to post a track from an SRW game, I figure now's a good time. Albero's remixed theme in OG Gaiden is one of my favorite original themes in the franchise. All the games have a particularly good soundtrack, and OGG's is no excepton.

Arsenic

Years

If you haven't figured it out yet, my favorite album is Joel Neilson's wonderful tunes for Black Mesa Source. I still love the fact that all of these songs (heck the whole game) was made for almost 0$ when it first released.

Forget about Freeman

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years

I guess I could post another Super Robot Wars OG song or a Metal Gear Rising song, but I'll post a song from a favorite album that wasn't posted so far.

Day 20: A song that is 10+ years old

So this is supposed to be a random song we like that's just old? I'll go with a song I really like, BUT never played the game, for this one. The game is Unlimited Saga from 2002. Heard mostly bad things about it, but at least the OST is great.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Day 20: A song that is 10+ years old

Mother 3 was released 10 years ago in Japan, and is one of the reasons the series is such a cult phenomenon now. Lot of good emotional songs to choose from, but this is the one that stood out to me most for some reason.

Arsenic

Years
  • I might as well go all Halo on this!

Day 20 - A song that's 10+ years old

Halo Theme - Mjolnir Mix (Volpe's favorite!)

Can't believe it's 12 years old.

Day 21 - A song with piano

My personal favorite version of Halo's theme

Halo 3 - One Final Effort

I think H3 is when Marty O'Donnell transcended onto a whole other plain of music composing...

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Day 21: A song with piano

This game is actually pretty fun despite feeling nothing like a Breath of Fire game. The fact that it's an RPG with a time limit probably turned a lot of people off towards it (myself included originally) Anyways, here's a beautiful piano solo composed by Sakimoto of FF Tactics fame.

Back