• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] Psychic Poker

Bay

Years
  • "Very funny." Volcarona said. He leaned in closer to Xian's face to intimidate him, then hit his leaf on fire.

Bolded part, "burn" you mean? I know, being a pit picky here lol.

"Oh! Sorry, mister! This might sound crass but can you give me 3 pokecoins please!?" it was a Smeargle, holding a bunch of painting equipment. Well… just a color palette.

Capitalized "It".

Vic 'Vicky' Victoria was doing intense magic tricks magic tricks of the likes that nobody has seen before.

That's some name there. I was actually about to suggest more details as to what tricks Vicky was doing, but reading further you did that a few paragraphs later yup.

Vicky charged up an ember. "You asked for it, then!" The Yanma quickly used a poison sting on Vicky's face. She stopped using the ember and started registering what just happened. "Oh second thought, be right back!" She opened the door and ran out of the room.

Wow… no wonder you're famous.

Vicky, a legendary fire/psychic ran away from a poison sting. Yeah, my exact reaction. Then again, you've been portraying her with a less than stellar personality, so I shouldn't be surprised. Reading further, looks like she wanted to make a comeback there, but too late miss.

The battle with Yanma and Xin, I do have to scratch my head over where he got that Molotov Cocktail. Probably during Vicky's show, heh. Am curious what further plans you have for the Shadow Pokemon here.

Razgrey

Excalibur
    Years
  • Part 8: Incendiary Agent
    ("We need you- and you! To investigate Sinnoh for any possible shadow pokemon. Our one slightly unreliable source tells us that there were shadow pokemon here so get to it! Failure is not an option.")
    Sinnoh Waters: S.S. Bayleef
    "Land ho, fellas!" the captain said.

Raymond the Pyroar and Charlie the Gourgeist were standing on the deck, mostly bored. Along with a few other Pokemon, including Shady.

"I am seasick. Please hurry this up, cap." Raymond said. His normally calm voice was replaced with an annoyed tone.

The captain's head poked out of the window of the bridge. "Officer, you'll have to wait a few minutes. Up to 20, maybe."

"Ugggggh."

"Hey, lady with the cat ears!" Captain said.

Charlie turned around and looked at the captain, because she indeed did have cat ears despite being some animated pumpkin with an extra head. "Yeah?" Also, Charlie sounded slightly feline.

Captain grabbed his hat with a vine and started waving it around angrily. "Tell your friend to shut up!"

Charlie shrugged, if she could, then turned back to Raymond. "Hey, I think he told you to-"

"Yes, I heard." Raymond interrupted.

The gourgeist peered over the side of the boat, looking at her addled reflection. "Ray, how are you getting sick? It's just water. Water's great."

Raymond just plopped himself onto the deck. "Terribad. Cannot tolerate water." he coughed.

"Now you're just being silly, boyo!" Captain said.

Raymond glanced at the captain Bayleef, with a slight 'ugh'. "You're a grass type. You're a grass type. You are living plants."

Shady, who was wearing shades, was relaxing on a folding chair, silently listened to the conversation. "I'm not a grass type or a living plant, nor is the chef Luxray."

"Shut it, Shady. You're probably making me feel worse."

"Raymond…!" Charlie said; "It's just a few more minutes."

"That's REAL assuring, Charlie. That reminds me of the part where I take the ferry back to Kalos!" He snorted. "Should've brung Erin for this instead."

Charlie's happy demeanor waned a bit. "Ray… you know both Erin and Xian are in the hospital, right?"

"Nope."

"LISTEN, Officer! You may be a part of the law but you should start acting more mature!" Captain shouted.

Shady scratched his head and fixed his beret, noticing the chef walk up next to him. "Think he'll last for the next 18 minutes?" he said.

"Doubt it."

"Think they'll be the most traumatic minutes of his life?"

"Oh yeah, definitely." the chef chuckled a bit.

-18 Minutes Later-
    (Wait, they're still unpacking the boat, docking, weighing anchor, and disembarking and all that, fast forward some more.)

-9 Minutes Later-
    Raymond was taking several deep breaths to calm himself down. "Haaah. Okay. We're... *huff* ...in Slateport City, right?"

"We're in Sinnoh." Charlie said. "In... I don't know where the heck we are either."

Raymond frowned some more. "Do not care. I am just happy to get off that wretched boat."

"Hey…" Shady said. "I think that guy is going to bump into you, just like in the last episode."

Charlie looked at Shady with a confused expression. "What was that?"

Shady shrugged, acting like that was natural. "Errr... forgettabout it."

Raymond moved a few steps left, and an Infernape ran into Charlie. "Ow! Watch where you're going! I'm gonna have to fine you!"

"Fine me? You ran into me, and you're not a police officer, I am!" Charlie said, who then took like 30 seconds to stand up.

The Infernape just shrugged and ran away. Shady who was nearby, gave a slight chuckle.

An Empoleon ran up to the officers. "Hey!" she said. "Where the monkey that stole my hat!?"

"Uhh… that way." Raymond pointed at the direction of the Infernape. "Though he wasn't carrying a hat, he was carrying a sock."

"Ugh! What's with that idiot? He stole my hat!" the Empoleon shouted.

Raymond looked at the Infernape, who was still running away. "Don't worry, madam, i'll catch him!" He sprinted after the Infernape.

"...so i'm guessing your name is Dawn?" Charlie asked.

The Empoleon's eyes lit up a bit. "Yeah, how'd you get my name?"

"Because Professor Rowan has one assistant with a sock hat. Oh, and I read the one tiny name tag on your 'hat'." Charlie said humorously.

Dawn sighed. "Why does everyone call it a sock?"

Meanwhile…
    "Got you now!" Raymond pounced on the Infernape.

"Ow, watch it! Do I have to fine you some more?" the Infernape said.

Raymond let the Infernape go. "Alright, boy. Why'd you steal the soc- *er-hem* hat."

"She bumped into me and she didn't pay the fine that I gave her so I had to fine her somehow!"

Raymond shook his head slowly. "You are ridiculous."

The Infernape sighed, putting his head down. "Alright... i'll give the sock hat back."

"One more thing," Raymond said. "What's your name?"

"I'm-"

"Barry, isn't it?"

"Uhh… how'd you get that?"

"I just did."

-static-
    "Hey, you know what we should do right now?" Barry said.

"Go home and relax because that will make me feel better?" Dawn replied.

"No, let's have a battle!"

Raymond shook his head. "No. I am really not in the mood."

"Battle time!" Barry said, as he probably didn't hear that response.

[Insert Rival Battle Music Here, but no cool transition into a turn-based battle]
    "NO!"
    [Cut Rival Battle Music]
    Raymond sighed a little angrily. "Listen, we're just looking for... I can't remember crap."

"We're looking for Ever Grande City." Charlie said.

Dawn walked forward. "Sure thing!" She pulled out a map and gave the officers the fastest way(if possible) to Ever Grande City.
    While leaving out the possibility of random encounter!

-1 Hour Later, Somewhere Else-
    "One macaroon; yeah, that one." Shady paid the cashier a pokecoin, and got handed a red macaroon.

Suddenly, a strange dimensional rift appeared in the air near Shady. "Uhhhhhhhhhh…"

A small orange hand came out of the portal/rift/thing, and made a waving motion.

Shady kept staring at the rift in confusion, when the hand made a peace sign, and then poked Shady's eyes with them. "Ow!" Then it grabbed the macaroon and darted back into the dimensional rift, which closed.

Shady rubbed his eyes, then looked at his empty hand. "My macaroon…"
    ----------
    "Still seasick, Raymond?" Charlie said.

Raymond rolled his eyes. "A little. Let's just get this over with."
    The two officers were walking on a route to Ever Grande City. Without a map of course.

Raymond stepped forward, into the line of sight of a Plusle. "Hey! You walked in front of me, so you gotta fight now!"

Charlie shook her head. "Is this going to happen every ten steps we take?"

"Probably. It's going to be terrible." Raymond tried ignoring the Plusle, but he walked in front of him.

"Hey! You're supposed to battle me!"

Charlie thought for a second. "Hey, I think that if you keep walking, he'll give up!"

Raymond considered that. "Really? I guess that should work." He walked forward, knocking over the Plusle and skipping the fight.
    Charlie followed right behind Raymond.

The plusle, really sad just knelt to the ground and started to weep dramatically. "Noooooooo!!! Expee waste!!!"

Unfortunately that wasn't it. After a few more seconds of walking, there was a road, full of pokemon looking forward for some reason.
    "Hey Raymond, I think they're going to challenge us to a battle if we walk in front of them."

"YES, Charlie. I think I understand that." Raymond said angrily. "Okay, so all we gotta go... is run as fast as we can to prevent their death stares from freezing us in place!"

Charlie gave Raymond a confused look. "Death stares?"

Raymond broke into a run without answering. "Just run!" Charlie ran after him.

"Hey, I challenge you to a battle!" They ignored it. They ignored all of the expee.

They ran for a good long while. Would've been better if they had a bike.

Though it worked out in the end, all the people asking for battles blurred together, and the officers reached Ever Grande City.

"Oh cool, this place is big, just like in Lumiose!" Charlie exclaimed.

Raymond didn't seem to care that much, though. "Let's just go."

He just went to find the police station. Charlie reluctantly followed him.

"Here it is." They arrived at the police station in only a few steps.

"Are they closed or something?" Charlie said. "Try knocking."

Raymond knocked on the door. No response. He knocked on it some more, which would presumably annoy anyone inside the station.

A muffled voice was heard. "Heyhey, keep it down! We don't want anyone to hear us!"

"Eheheheheh… this'll be fun.

"Shut it, shut it! Get rid of those idiots already! The rest of us will escape through this teleport. Rendezvous at the meeting place, got it!?"

"Roger, boss." A psychic pulse was released in the station.

Raymond banged on the door. "Hey! Who's there!"

"Let me check." Charlie walked through the door, then came back out. "Ehh, nevermind."

Raymond banged on the door some more, then broke it down. "Alright who's there!?"

There was a Houndoom in the dark, unlit station. He slowly turned his head towards Raymond and Charlie. "Hello, meat."

"You're a shadow pokemon, aren't you!?" Raymond demanded.

The Houndoom laughed evilly. "You want to know, guess i'd better show you!" He pulsed with a dark aura, then shot a bright purple light into the sky, causing a flashing light to rain everywhere outside.

"Charlie, go hide somewhere. I'll deal with this hooligan." Raymond said.

"Yeah, go. After that i'll just brutally kill your stupid friend." The shadow Houndoom said with a wicked smile.

Charlie shook her head. "What? But he looks really dangerous!"

Raymond shoved Charlie a little. "He's extremely dangerous to you. I can take care of him just fine."

Without any further words, Charlie just ran into the dark police station, staying away from the flashing lights.

"Right then… Let's go, Meat!"

Last edited:

Bay

Years
  • Okay, the last comment there concerning my nitpicks is a bit off putting there to be honest. That time I just pinpoint some minor mistakes that could be easily fix if you read through your work again before posting. I did that as some readers might be off put by mistakes that could be easily fixed. I also noticed you still make mistakes with punctuating dialogue, so perhaps someone else can help you with that. All right, onto the story.

Charlie shrugged; if she could, then turned back to Raymond. "Hey, I think he told you to-"

The semi colon there is a weird punctuation. Maybe just a comma.

-18 Minutes Later-
    (Wait, they're still unpacking the boat, docking, weighing anchor, and disembarking and all that, fast forward some more.)
    -18 Seconds Later-
    (Fast forward way more you complete imbecile! 18 seconds!?)

I can see where you're going with this, but I think the "Fast forward way more you complete imbecile" is really jarring.

"Hey…" Shady said. "I think that guy is going to bump into you, just like in the last episode."
    Shady never said anything about the last episode, okay?

I see you're trying breaking the fourth wall, but I'm confused if that is supposed to be someone else's thoughts or just kind of a author's note sticking there. I think what would be more effective is Raymond and Charlie giving Shady confused looks and then Shady say, "Forget what I just said."

"Uhh… how'd you get that?"

"I just did."

-static-
    "Hey, you know what we should do right now?" Barry said.

I noiced you sometimes have "static". Perhaps to indicate awkward silence? If so, you could described the awkwardness instead. As I read further, you also did static in the middle of the battle, which I wonder the purpose of.

I'll be honest, I feel the battle with Raymond and the others was filler. I know you're trying for the immune typings joke, but it didn't held my interest probably because you're using the bare bone description for writing battles. Otherwise, things didn't really get interesting until the very end with Houndoom's appearance. I apologize if I'm going down hard on you this chapter, the humor didn't really do it for me.

Last edited:

Razgrey

Excalibur
    Years
  • Had my phone not screwed up you would of listened to my rant about how mentally impair I possibly am!
    But instead you just have to listen to my responses. *grumble*

The static is pretty much a quick transition that skips arbitrary segments. I know it doesn't make sense sometimes but sorry, that's all I got.
    And yes I know I could've done something like "And so the crew of the S.S. Bayleef waited a hefty 18 more minutes listening to Raymond's whining..." Or something similar.

The Houndoom isn't named Meat. I usually have the name of the speaker in the line of which he speaks. like this.
    They saw the man in the shadows. "Hello, Akali."
    Or...
    They saw the man in the shadows. "You of all people, Schenze?" Akali said.
    So the houndoom is just nameless. Forever.

So to top it all off... I hardly have feelings. Yeah.
    I give off an aura of misery, and absorb that way faster than others.

Bay

Years
  • I want to first apologize for mistaking Houndoom there. I went ahead and edited my reply there.

Concerning static, I thought you're probably doing that. Usually with skips I see other uses likes the asterisks (***), an underline, or some sort of other line breaker. Once more, I apologize if I went too hard on you there. I pointed out scenes I feel didn't work and how to improve on those.

Razgrey

Excalibur
    Years
  • Victoria and her two guards, a Usaring and a Beartic... Marched down a hallway. It was calm, calm, too calm, was it not?
    No matter.

She stopped next to a door. "Wait here, both of you."
    The bears silently took positions on both sides of the door.

Victoria opened the door and entered the room, locking it as it closed.
    I really should've gotten a smaller desk.

The desk was about 4 times as big as her, and the chair was only a little less than that. She hopped up and grabbed the edge of the chair, scuttling up onto it.

Then she climbed up to the desc and powered on the PC on it.
    It turned on instantly.

She shoved the mouse around and opened a website, strangely titled: 'Pub297'.
    It was supposed to be a simple chatroom. It wasn't popular, though.

She logged on.
    Username: Red
    Password: ••••••••••••

The chatroom that she entered labeled 'Strict Secrecy Enable' had one other person using it. Blue.

There is a new influx of strange shadowy pokemon coming into the regions. Do you somehow have anything to do with that?
    Absolutely not. Why would you think about such silly things?
    Because one of them traced me.
    The shadow pokemon are being used to debilitate the police force, and you think I did any of this?
    I got my eye on you, blue.
    Of course you do.
    Goodbye, then.
    Ah ah, you forgot to say the magic phrase.
    We never had this conversation.
    Blue has left the chatroom.
    Red has left the chatroom.

Victoria sighed. Admins of the chatroom. How special.
    If the third admin was here.
    She looked at the third administrator name: Green.

Razgrey

Excalibur
    Years
  • AN: I didn't mention it earlier… Raymond and Charlie are now in Ever Grande City.
    Part 9: Cursed Agent
    Hide in the shadows… that was how the ghost lurked, to put fear into your enemies!
    But how could you make your enemies fear you, when you are the one feeling fear? Charlie thought a little as she ran through the hallways of the station.

Two more lifeforms are detected, besides Ray and that mutt! One big one small, they're shadow pokemon, too, aren't they? There was a light running sound nearby.
    Then the sound of someone shivering.

Charlie made her best effort to stay away from the sound. Nobody could be trusted in a dim environment. She turned and walked away, keeping her attention focused on the sound.

Why do I feel scared now? I've died once… fearless… reckless! I wish I never did what I did in the past, this makes me feel pressured. Too much. The shivering stopped, as the pokemon crawled through the darkness, trying not to be seen.

"C… come out, stop hiding!" Charlie said as best as she could.

The other pokemon didn't respond, but started shivering slightly again.

("Shadow Pokemon are powerful pokemon, but it comes at an important cost to them. Their hearts are tightly closed. They feel no sense of joy or sadness. They're nothing but wretched drones now.")

Who was it that told me that? Who exactly told me about them? Whatever.

"I guess you can't learn some manners." a confident, cocky voice echoed through the station. "Introduce yourself instead of hiding in the shadows. I can see you just fine."

"Who's there!?" Charlie said.

No response from what seemed to be the second person.

The smaller shadow moved. "Yaaaaah!!!" A sneasel jumped out from behind a table and ran at Charlie, preparing to claw her.

Charlie reacted by jumping through the floor, then reemerging several feet later.

The sneasel was just some kid, probably no older than 11 years. She trembled, looking at Charlie, then ran at her again.

A talon emerged from from the shadows and grabbed the sneasel kid by her arm, then swiftly threw her onto the floor.

The bird's talon clamped onto the sneasel's back, preparing to harshly rake her.

"Nooooo! Stopstopstop no no please!" the sneasel kid screamed and cried a little.

The bird picked up the sneasel with his talon, then hopped forward, revealing his face. He was a swellow with a fedora. "Good day."

Charlie was a little surprised at the sudden spontaneousness of the situation. "What… who are you?"

The swellow shook his fedora a bit, then leaned his head into a wall a bit to fix its position. "My name is Mobius, and… someone told me to find you here. He said he needed your help?"

"Lemme go, lemme go!" The sneasel said.

"What about my friend?" Charlie asked.

Mobius twisted his neck a little in reluctant consideration. "I'll uhh… come back for him."

Charlie shook her head. "No! Just go help him right now!"

"I can't restrain this crook and help your friend at the same time though."

Charlie stepped forward. "Okay then." She pulled a pair of 'one-size-fits-all' handcuffs and cuffed the sneasel kid to a nearby desk.

Without any further words, Mobius flew off in the direction of the sounds and fire.

There was just the sounds of fire. No fighting now. Mobius saw the houndoom, catching his breath. "I've seen your type before. Mainly, because you use that HORRID COLOR PURPLE!" Mobius dived for the houndoom.

The houndoom was too weak from combat to dodge, he took the full force of the attack, getting knocked down. "Argh…!"

A starmie appeared next to the houndoom in a burst of light. "Hehehe. We've already captured that burnt pooch. You're too late!" He teleported both himself and the houndoom out of the station.

...but it was still raining lights outside.

Mobius growled, then ran back to where Charlie was. "Your friend was captured by the shadow pokemon."

"How do you know about the shadow pokemon?" Charlie asked.

"Firsthand experience. Now come with me, it's still raining lights outside. I'll fly us outta here."

Somewhat of a delay, but Charlie eventually uncuffed the sneasel kid, then hopped on Mobius.

"You're coming with me, too!" Mobius picked up the sneasel and walked to a nearby window.

The sneasel kid started to flail around. "No! Let me go! I… i'm afraid of heights!"

He stepped back a little. Then rushed through the window, shattering it. And he soared through the flashing lights.

They might've stung a little, but soon Mobius had seemed to develop a gravitational field that was deflecting all the lights.
    Mobius leaned his head down a little to check the kid.

She was covering her eyes, and was trying to curl up, probably crying like a baby too. They really were scared of heights.

Soon they burst through the rain of lights. Charlie looked back at the police station. The flashing lights raining down upon it weren't so sinister looking anymore. In the sky, Ever Grande city looked dazzling at dusk. What nasty plot had this Mobius character planned for them, now?

He landed on the roof of a tall building. He lightly dropped the sneasel on the ground, who was either sleeping or fainted… which were both probably the same thing. He had Charlie handcuff the kid to a nearby antenna.

Charlie hopped off Mobius' back and looked at him suspiciously. "Okay, I would like some answers. Who are you exactly and what do you want?"

Mobius sat down, leaning against one of the short barriers on the roof. "You want to know what I want? To go back to Kalos and play a nice game of Poker. But my boss says that I have to investigate the shadow pokemon too."

"How did you find me?" Charlie asked.

"Quintangulation."

Quintangulation? "What?"

Mobius shrugged. "I wouldn't expect you to understand. My friend called his method that."

Charlie relaxed a little. "Okay… who's your friend?"

"You'll see. Now stop asking questions, I really would like to sleep." Mobius took his fedora and put it on his face.

Ugggh… How am I supposed to find Raymond? I have so much more questions to ask… but I guess i'll just… sleep. Charlie closed her eyes.

And opened them in a new place. It was some tall mountain. That looks familiar. She floated up, finding the top of the mountain.

That's the sound of someone humming. That sounds familiar too. And then, she saw some Purrloin climb up to the top of the mountain. Then laid down and took a breath. "Phew… that was hard."

The Purrloin stood up after a few minutes and looked down at the bright cities in the distance. "Look out, world! I'm going to conquer you now! I'm going to conquer everything!" She turned around and walked into a cave, which Charlie didn't notice earlier.

"Hey, who're you?" A Darkrai wearing a tie came out into view. "You're not supposed to be up here!"

"Look out, Darkrai!" The Purrloin said. "I'm going to defeat you and then take over the world with your powers!"

Darkrai shook his head. "No. I have to play a 50 out of 99 Chess match with Cresselia in 16 minutes."

"I am going to take over the world!" The Purrloin scratched Darkrai.

Darkrai sighed, then grabbed the Purrloin and put her outside. "The world can never be conquered. The sooner you realize that, the better." He floated back inside.

The Purrloin dusted herself off and turned to look at the city.
    I know what you're going to say next. You're going to laugh, evilly.
    Thunder effect.
    "NYEH! Heheheheheheheheheh! Soon…"

The storm drew ever so closer, and soon it was right above Darkrai's 'castle'.
    "Nyeheheheheheheheh!" A lightning bolt struck nearby.

And soon, one of them struck Charlie. That's… that's me!

The purrloin dropped to her knees, and fell off the mountain. But a pitch black hand grabbed her foot, and pulled her up back onto the mountain.

A minute of silence passed. The Darkrai knew that the cat was gone. "...I am sorry."

Charlie gasped. The stormy peak was now replaced with the lights of Ever Grande city. She looked around. The sneasel kid somehow obtained a cushion and was still sleeping.

I died as a Purrloin. That explained my cat ears. When I died… a burning vengeance consumed my soul, and I possessed something so that I could keep living…

Charlie looked around for Mobius.
    Mobius was talking to an Anorith a distance from Charlie, in the darkness. "Do you honestly think your plan is going to work?"

"Grey, when have you ever doubted me?"

"About all the time. From the time you were reborn from the fossil, until now. Your plans never seem to work. That idiot cat has been taken by Cipher and you think you spastic plans will save him?"

"Come on. I am Level 100 now. I know 19 moves. What more could you want?"

"The last time I knew you in Hoenn, you were Level 92, knowing 18 moves. That's not much of a difference. Also that's irrelevant."

"Pffft. Grey, you always have to be like this, do you? Just go through this plan. It's worth a shot."

"Fine. But only because you can use your 19 moves to get us out of a pinch."

"Oh, and one more thing. Five sableyes are coming. If they try 'that', then you'll have to…" the Anorith whispered something into Mobius' ear.

Mobius readjusted his hat. "Alright."

"Hey…" Charlie said, getting their attention. "Who're you?"

"Makan… the Anorith." the Anorith said nonchalantly.

Charlie twisted her neck a little bit. "What was that plan you were talking about? And why was Makan calling you 'Grey'?"

Mobius grinned. "I won't be answering the latter. But as for the plan… well, you'll see."

Bay

Years
  • The last two parts I feel are much better even though the comedy is light this time around. The scene with Victoria I think it's a nice cliffhanger over the "green" administrator and makes we wonder what's going on.

Charlie a Purrlion from another life I got taken aback there. Even though it's meant for comedic effect, trying to go against Darkrai, huh? I most likely missed some clues here, but I'm interested Darkrai's role there if they do have one (their design does kinda look like a suit now I think about it, heh).

Seems like it's been a while since the Meowstic siblings appeared, but with Moibus and Makan's appreance there I'm assuming they'll come back soon.

Razgrey

Excalibur
    Years
  • Hoenn Recording 3
    Salamence: Alright, a zigzagoon literally challenged us to a One on One match yesterday, well… he challenged Slade to one, anyway.
    That Zigzagoon was really powerful, but he was still no match for Slade. He used Flash, which blinded Chucky and the Zigzagoon.

Aggron: Turn the lights off!!! Help!!!

Linoone: Charles, just close your eyes for a few minutes, it'll be fine.

Salamence: We're like… Level 78. Well I am, anyway.

Aggron: Hey Frost is that you!?

Salamence: Frost is out buying groceries. And how are you still blinded?

Linoone: Hey, Charles!

Aggron: Whaaaaat?

Linoone: Your… your eyes are closed, you know?

Aggron: What? Oh? I can see! I've been cured of my blindness, guys!

Salamence: Do I have to babysit you, everyday?

Aggron: I'm not a baby, guys.

Razgrey

Excalibur
    Years
  • AN: I wish someone other than Alex Bayson would write posts commenting about my fiction. I feel like I have an empty audience, despite having 500 something views.
    Part 10: Undying
    Forest of Makan, Dusk

(My brother hasn't been around lately. He hasn't been responding to my telepathic communications, either. I asked Makan about it, but he refuses to tell me about anything. Did something happen to him?)

Whisper was cooking more pancakes. Unlike Jasper she could cook food better than he could. Because girls could cook better? Oh the things that she'd do when people would say that.

*knock knock* Whisper froze the pancake in time, and then walked to the door and opened it.

Jade was standing on the porch a little nervously. "H-hey, Whisper. How's your day?"

Whisper scratched her ear for a bit. "There was no day. I just slept and i'm about to eat breakfast. That probably applies to you too."

"Right…" Jade said. "Anyways, have you seen Mobius around?"

Whisper shook her head. "Nope. I haven't seen Jasper either." She went back to cooking her pancake.

Jade fixed her hat. "Can't you talk to him with… your telepathy or something?"

"Nope. He's inactive."

"Oh. Can't you… travel through your pocket dimension?"

"You'd expect that, wouldn't you?" Whisper flipped the pancake onto a plate, using her telekinesis to make it land correctly. "While he can intrude on other people's privacy, i'm just better at teleportation. I can teleport further than he can, and I have better reflex when it comes to that."

Jade sat on the only couch on the house, and started lighting a cigarette. "So what are we supposed to do, then?"

Whisper thought for a second, pouring some slightly different maple syrup on her pancake. "Let me borrow your phone, I can give him a ring."

Jade handed Whisper her cell phone and she punched in Jasper's phone number.

*ring! ring* The meowstic scrounged through her pockets and found Jasper's cell phone. "Oh right… I took his cell phone when he was asleep." She gave Jade her phone back and just relaxed on the couch, eating her pancake.

"Mobius turned his phone off, so I can't find him either." Jade crammed her phone into her feather coat.

Whisper didn't seem to care, she just ate her pancake. There was a delay on the chatter, since Whisper took several seconds to swallow her food. "What a shame. By the way, the casino is going to open on 27 minutes."

"The casino is still closed."

"Why? That sableye attack was only about 2 days ago."

"I don't know. Maybe because all the clients can't play Poker and Blackjack when about half the tables are broken!"

Whisper finished her pancake, and used her telekinesis to drop the plate into a sink. "Ugggh. What am I supposed to do today, then?"

"Let's… just go out for a walk, or rather, a flight. I haven't flew around for a length longer than 2 minutes for a long while."

Whisper shrugged and followed Jade outside. She hopped on the honchkrow's back and harshly clung on. "Don't drop me."

"What's the matter, you afraid of heights?" Jade said, laughing a little.

"I'm not very comfortable flying around hundreds of feet above the ground."

………

(Your plans never seem to work. That idiot cat has been taken by Cipher and you think your spastic plans will save him?)

Ugh… damnit. Where am I? Where are those clowns?

Jasper seemed to be lost somewhere, he couldn't move his body.

I was just buying flowers. After talking to that weird blue lion thing with the ribbons. Why can't I move?

Jasper opened his eyes. He was strapped to a wall, his ears seemed to be duct taped, there were wires attached to his head. He saw some random Staryu typing in commands into a console. "H… hey…?"

"Oh, you're awake." The Staryu said in some slightly distorted voice. "Had a great sleep, didn't you?"

Jasper was really drowsy. "Wh… who?"

The Staryu went back to typing in commands. "Yeah. They always ask that. And I got only one answer. We're going to turn you into a shadow pokemon."

"Nooo…!" Jasper started to struggle against his restraints.

The Staryu would've laughed if he could. "There's nothing you can do. Accept your fate, fool. Soon we'll have every Pokemon as a shadow pokemon."

Jasper panted a bit and stopped struggling. "Haaa… hahaha…" He smiled a bit for some odd reason, then looked at the scientist. "Why aren't you a shadow pokemon?"

No answer. Staryu finished inputting commands. "This might hurt a lot, but that'll be irrelevant within a minute." He pressed a big red button on the console.

Jasper received a jolt in his head. He felt a little angry.

"Excellent," Staryu said. "This'll go smoothly." He turned up a dial and held down the big red button.

More jolts. More pain.
    Damnit you stupid star, i'm gonna kill you! UGH! Hurts… too… much!
    The longer he felt the electricity the more pain he felt. The more he wanted to hurt someone.
    Whisper, you incompetent sibling, I'm… going… to… stop… stop…

It stopped. Jasper's eyes were closed, he was tearing up a little.

"Alright. Answer these questions. Do you have any friends?" Tekot said.

"No."

"Good. Is there anyone that you care about?"

"No."

"Yes, perfect. Final question. Are you willing to do anything; and everything, that we ask of you?"

"Y… No! No! No! Stop it!"

Staryu activated the button one more time.

"Nnnngh. No…! You… I-" Jasper lost all will to resist. Stop it… stop it… The pain…
    He closed his eyes… and didn't open them again.

"When he wakes up, make sure to send him to the interrogation room."

Jasper woke up. He was in some sort of cell. Clowns, clowns, where are those clowns!? I'll kill them, I'll… kill….
    He collapsed.

"Make him stand up, he's awake."

The cell door opened. His limp body was dragged out of the cell.

"Take this one to the interrogation room. He knows too much."

He was dragged around several corridors and hallways, doors were opened… And Jasper was plopped onto a chair.

The weak, shadow meowstic slowly opened his eyes.

There was a Starmie sitting across a table with a notebook. "You will answer any question that I will give you truthfully, correct?"

"Yes."

The Starmie(which will be referred to as 'Tekot') started. "What is your name?"

"Jasper Stick."

"Are you willing… to do anything, and everything that we ask of you?"

"Yes."
    Jasper, you are so lazy, Wake up!

"If you are captured by the authorities, then what are you supposed to do?"
    F… forget it. Let's just get this over with.

"Poison… myself."
    Well aren't you such a dear!

"Last of all, why do you obey us?"
    The frying pan is on fire.

"Because… because… I…"
    The look on your face when you come back home is going to be…

"ANSWER!"
    I can't lose to you. Because i've never lost to you!

"You're a filthy...!" Jasper stood up of his own accord and tried attacking Tekot, but his mind was clouded by shadow influence once again.

Tekot wrote some notes down. "This is a tricky one. Maybe I should save the effort and kill him instead."

Jasper resisted again. And he unfolded his ears. "I'M GONNA KILL YOU!!!" He unleashed a blast of mixed psychic and shadow energy.

………

"What was that?" Whisper noticed a disturbance somewhere, along with some sound.

Jade slowed down her flight a bit. "What do you mean? I don't hear anything but the wind."

Whisper pointed in a seemingly random direction. "That way. In that forest."

Jade flew in closer, keeping an eye on the wild pokemon, the ones which didn't conform to city life which was completely fine. "Whisper, I don't see anything."

"Right there. Something is different about that spot." Whisper pointed at a slightly suspicious patch of greenery.

"Alright then." Jade slowly landed, and just noticed the dull building in front of her. "Woah. What is that."

Whisper scratched her ear a bit. "There was some sort of extreme psychic disturbance here. Maybe it belongs to those shadow pokemon. But to find out we have to get in somehow."

Jade's eyes lit up. "Ooh, I got an illegal keycard scrambler on me!"

"...how?"

Jade walked up to the door(which could barely be differentiated from the wall) and pulled out a keycard, swiping it through the door's scanner. "I just do." It didn't work.

Whisper shook her head slightly. "No, where did you get that?"

"Black market. You never know, huh?" Jade swiped the card some more until the door actually opened.

"You're so unladylike."

Jade gave a charismatic wink and walked through the doorway, stepping on some Starmie on the ground. "Woah- oh."

"Ugggh… ha… ha." the Starmie mumbled. His len was cracked. "You're just in time… for the party." He seemed to have blood on his limbs, despite being some sea star thing.

"What're you talking about?" Whisper demanded.

The Starmie spoke in a raspy, debilitated voice, which gradually was becoming worse. "One of the shadow pokemon… *urk* ...is enraged. He'll destroy… e-everything."

Jade observed the corridor. Some of the lights were broken, and there were alarms blaring, with automatic voices on the loudspeaker ordering all available units to capture the rogue pokemon. There was likely to be no response.
    And one Houndoom's body on the floor, beaten to death and bloody.

The Starmie laughed hysterically. "Aha… this is just… the tip… of the ice… berg. Uuuh…" The light on his face dimmed.

Bay

Years
  • Okay, so I got mixed feelings over your comment on wanting readers. (spoilers because it's long).

Spoiler:

Okay, now some feedback on the latest chapter.

Jasper opened his eyes. He was strapped to a wall, his ears seemed to be duct taped, there were wires attached to his head. He saw some random Staryu typing in commands into a console. "H… hey…?"

Part of me wonders how a Staryu can type if they don't have fingers. Perhaps they can, but real slow, heh.

Jasper received a jolt in his head. He felt a little angry.

Since this is one of your more serious scenes, I think you could have shown how Jasper is angry instead of stating out outright. He probably growled and/or glared at Staryu for instance.

Well, this took on a much different turn than last chapter, especially with Jasper's thoughts and the interrogation. I did chuckle though at the part where Jade mentioned getting the keycard scrambler from the black market. Looking forward to what happnens next.

Razgrey

Excalibur
    Years
  • Part 11: Next Track (Part I)
    Lumiose City PokeCenter
    2 Hour Ago...

Xian sat on a guest chair, sleeping. Yesterday he had to get Erin out of that fire. He remembered it like it was just a few minutes ago.
    Lionel was attacked by a shadow Manectric this morning. The chief dealt with it just fine, but the Manectric managed to escape.
    Raymond and Charlie are at Sinnoh, haven't they? They've probably been there for several hours and Raymond still won't answer his phone. Prick.
    Sleeping in a hospital bed. (In what she calls her 'Calm Forme', where she has hands and her red and blue flowers are moved to the back of her cape.)

Erin was still in a coma. Sleeping, lost, but safe.
    Don't ever leave me alone again. Please.

Xian woke up slightly. Can't sleep ever. Not without sleep medicine. His hand fumbled around, grabbing a cup of coffee. He drank some of it. Tasted more like chocolate than actual coffee, but whatever.

"Mmmh…" Erin stirred a bit.

Xian hardly reacted. He just kept drinking his coffee.

The roserade went back to sleep. Xian wanted to keep it that way. It was fine by him. Safer. Safe.
    He stopped drinking his coffee, and walked to the door.

He'd just barely touched the handle. "Xi...an."

Xian slowly put his hand down, and turned his head. "Erin?"

Erin kept her eyes closed, but she held up her right hand a bit.
    Xian turned around and calmly walked over to her side, holding her hand. "Are you okay?"

"Any… thing… but."

Xian smiled lightly. "I almost missed you."

"Don't. Say that."

The pancham sighed. "Why won't you look at me?"

Erin smiled, with some slight strain. "I don't want to, not until I can hug you, cry in your arms, ha… ha…"
    She gave a faint cough.

"I'll be waiting, then." Xian let go of Erin's hand and turned to leave.

"Xian?"

"Yes?"

Erin turned away from him, and opened her eyes a faint bit. "Can… you find my keys…?"

Xian rolled his eyes. "Maybe. Where are they?"

"Flower stall." Erin shed a single tear from one thought.

"Right." Xian opened the door. "Sleep tight, Erin." He went.

Past an uninviting section of guests, into a lobby. Which didn't smell that much better.
    Outside into the cold night. Almost. The sky was still losing it's color.

He walked. He knew important places by heart. Heart… Clueless shadow pokemon. Xian dialed up Reed's number.

"Hello?"

There was some smoke rising from the charred house. "Did you find the Yanma?"

"Err… yeah, we did. He was dead, burnt to a crisp."

The house was nothing more than a pile of darkened planks. "Damnit."

"What? What's wrong?"

Some soot and ashes covered Erin's flower stall. "That was a shadow pokemon. If he wasn't flying then I could've captured him."

"Don't beat yourself up over it. I'm sure you'll get another chance."

Xian opened a secret compartment in the flower stall, and pulled out a ring of keys.
    I'm missing something, aren't I?

("Her name is Mia. My mother said that she's a long distance relative, apparently. I have to take care of her for some reason.")

That little bird, wasn't it? Where is it…

Xian looked around the stall, near the broken house, but he couldn't find any trace of the bird.

Still carrying Erin's phone, too. Dangit.

Xian sat down on a chair near the cash register(also in the secret compartment) and sighed. Can't find the baby bird.

"Looking for something, honey bunches?"

Xian turned his head. It was Victoria, without any guards this time. "Wha?" She was had 'Mia' perched on her fingers. "...yes."

Victoria calmly passed Xian 'Mia'. "Thanks for getting rid of that bug, sweetie."
    Thanks for getting rid of that bug, sweetie.

Xian scowled. "Don't flirt with me." He racked his brain, because he seemed to have been reminded of something. "Anyways, I got one question to ask you."

She stayed the same silly person as before. All the time. "Yesssss?"

"Have to been referred to, as Red?"

Victoria stopped smiling. "Who gave you that name?"
    Despite that, your voice is still a little annoying.

"Oh, so it's true, isn't it?" Xian smiled with overconfidence.

Victoria crossed her arms. "Yes, i've been called Red by two people. Now tell me, who gave you that name?"

Xian shrugged a little. Because he wasn't sure that he had a correct answer. "A shrimp."

"Of course it was. Now i'll be taking my leave, if you don't mind."

"Not so fast." Xian stepped forward. "Why is that name important?"

A few embers surrounded Victoria. "You'll see me later, dear. You should learn how to talk to a lady." The flames grew intense, bigger.

"I do."

Victoria smiled one last time. The flames enveloped her, then dissipated. Leaving nothing to follow.

----------

Back to the PokeCenter.

Xian whistled, walking over to the room Erin was in. He looked through the window as some doctor-person; a Lucario was talking to Erin.

"How many fingers am I holding up?" the doctor asked.

"Three."

"That's incorrect, sorry. It's five."

"You don't even have five fingers."

The Lucario looked at his hand. "Whoops." He opened the door without noticing Xian was looking through the window. "Whoops." He rubbed his forehead a little, because he goofed his voice a bit. "Eheh, sorry." He walked past Xian.

"Meep." Erin noticed the spritzee's chirp and turned to look at Xian.

"...hey." she smiled.

Xian grinned. "I don't you didn't want to see me until you were out of bed."

"Haha… shut up."

Xian put the spritzee on the side of the bed, and put Erin's keys on the nearby table.
    "Meep." Honestly, i've forgotten the name of the bird and can't be bothered to remember it.

"Please don't leave me again."

Xian held Erin's hand. "Don't worry. I never will."

The silence was broken. By Erin's phone receiving a ring.
    Xian pulled it out and looked at the caller's name. "It's for you."

Erin grabbed it and frowned. "Mother." Xian just sat back in one of the chairs.

The conversation was really, indecipherable. Xian couldn't tell what Erin was talking about, but she seemed to be adding sarcastic effect into her sentences.
    "Yes, mother. She's right here." She'd say, annoyed.
    "I am fine.
    "Yes, I told you. I am fine."
    "Mother, we've been over this."

There were other things that she would say, but Xian paid no attention to most of them.

"Thanks, Mother." Erin said, irritated. She handed the phone to Xian, who put it on the nearby table next to her keys.

Xian yawned. "What was that about?"

Erin gave a short sigh. "My mom asks too many questions. Half the time she asks them again just to make sure."

Xian leaned back in his chair. Several seconds of silence passed. The panda was daydreaming. But he let that one thought go. "So! What happened in that abandoned mansion?"

Erin spoke sadly. "I felt fear for one of the first times in my life. A butterfree attacked me, tried to kill me. She thought she killed me."

Xian didn't dwell on it any longer. He wanted the shadow pokemon to stop plaguing their lives.

The lucario doctor opened the door to the room. "Good day. Okay, officer...s. I got some news for you." He flipped through the pages his clipboard. "You'll be able to leave in about… half an hour or so."
    That'll kill us of boredom.

They waited awhile. Hospitals were boring. They killed the mood.

...sigh.

8 minutes to go.

Ring-a-ding. Xian answered his phone. "Yeah?"

"Hey, Xian? Is Erin okay?" It was Charlie.

Xian had his eyes closed while he was talking. "Yeah, she's fine."

"Really? That's great! Now listen up, this is important. You're still in Kalos, right?"

"No, i'm in the distortion world, negotiating random crap with Giratina. Yes i'm in Kalos."

Charlie ignored the sarcasm. "There should be a forest west of Lumiose, I was told that there's a shadow pokemon operation happening in there, so you should shut it down!"

Xian opened his eyes. "Uhh, don't we need clearance for that?"

"I don't care about clearance, you have to look into it!"

"Waitwait who told you about the shadow pokemon?"

There was a little bit of a delay. "An Anorith."

"What!?" Xian got Erin's attention.

"Uhh… is there something wrong with that?"

Xian noticed Erin looking at him funny, and lowered his voice a bit. "An Anorith earlier, told me about some Person Of Interest for some random reason."

"It's a teleporting Anorith."

That sounds really, really stupid.
    "Anorith can't teleport or use any psychic powers."

Charlie just hung up. Just flat out hung up in the middle of a conversation.

"Who was that?" Erin asked.

"Charlie. Calling about some shadow pokemon hideout."

"Where's Raymond?"

"I have no idea."

The lucario doctor knocked on the door(for once) and came into the room. "Alright then, you can probably leave now. Can you stand or do you need a wheelchair?"

Erin scowled. "I've been able to move freely for at least ninety hours now." She tossed the blanket off her and got up off the bed.

"Check out at the front desk." The doctor left the room.

----------

Cold breezes went past the two. "So…" Erin started. "What's that Shadow Pokemon place?"

"I don't know if you should come…" Xian said.

"I'll be fine, Xian." She smiled and put her hand on his shoulder. "I've got my knight in shining armor to protect me."

This won't end badly. It can't.
    "Alright then." He directed and walked Erin to his apartment.

Why do I do this. Why do I risk my life for everything?
    Very dark. The blackness blanketed everything.
    Xian had a motorcycle at the apartment's parking lot. He saw it, as he walked slowly behind Erin in thought.

"Hey..." Erin said, concerned. "Why are you slowing down?"

Xian looked at Erin uncomfortably. "I have a question."

Erin's expression darkened, as if she knew what question was coming up. "Xian…"

"Do you still love me?"
    "..."
    "...?"

"...yes, Schenze."

Last edited:

Bay

Years
  • Xian opened a secret compartment in the flower stall, and pulled out a ring of keys.
    I'm missing something, aren't I?

("Her name is Mia. My mother said that she's a long distance relative, apparently. I have to take care of her for some reason.")

I wonder if this is reference in particular to a certain Pokemon from Kalos...

"Wha?" She was had 'Mia' perched on her fingers. "...yes."

I think just "had" would do fine. another way to write the bold part could be "was holding."

She stayed the same silly person as before. All the time. "Yesssss?"

"Have to been referred to, as Red?"

Victoria stopped smiling. "Who gave you that name?"

That part and what she did at the end of that scene she certainly changed her demeanor there.

"That's incorrect, sorry. It's five."

"You don't even have five fingers."

Now I think about it, I don't believe I ever paid attention how many fingers/digits each of the Pokemon have. Probably impossible to know how many all of them have though.

This is more of a laid back chapter but it's fine after the past few ones went on a more different direction than it first start. Nice to see Xian's thoughts over all this and his feelings towards Erin.

Razgrey

Excalibur
    Years
  • I would've posted this earlier but I felt uninclined at the time.
    But anyways im just here to say that I dont like working on the fanfic during weekends and fall break.
    Because I usually write up the story during school hours. When I don't have access to Bulbapedia to get my facts straight.

Razgrey

Excalibur
    Years
  • Part 11.5: Next Track (Part II)
    ("But i'll never be anything more than the flower girl.")
    ("Dropped off that bird at the fire station for now.")
    -----
    Xian was speeding through the empty streets of the night on his motorcycle, with Erin along for the ride.

No one but a few nocturnal pokemon remained out in the streets.

Outside of town, into the forest. Filled with random idiots like Bunnelby, Dedenne, and Chespins.

He drove through the forest lazily. Avoid the trees, avoid running over wild pokemon who liked living in the tall grass, and slow the hell down.

Eventually, the forest was too dense to drive through, and Xian eventually stopped. "Looks like we're going to have to hoof it from here."

"I don't mind." Erin says, she got off the motorcycle, ignoring the fact that Xian picked it up and then crammed it into his 'inventory'.

They walked through the forest, trying their best not to step on anything suspicious.

Eventually, then found a dark grey structure of extreme suspicion, hard to see. "Wow. They even piled leaves onto the roof." Xian said.

He walked up to the wall and put his ear to it. No sound, likely more than two inches of cement and steel. "Guess we should find the entrance."

They found the entrance by simply walking over to the other side of the building. It was open, with the bright light of it repelling the cloaking darkness. "What is that sound?" Erin and Xian heard sounds of thrashing and other hostilities.

He looked through the doorway.
    One Starmie and a Houndoom. Dead. "Ah hell." He backed up and covered his eyes.
    What… what…?

"What's in there?" Erin walked closer to the door, then instantly walked backwards after she saw enough.

"I'm calling Lionel for backup." Xian dialed Lionel up.
    Knowing him, he'll be useless as ever.

"Hello?"

"Captain, we need some backup. We have found a remote structure in the forests west of Lumiose." Xian said.

"Negative, Xian. We're currently investigating another matter at the moment, call back-" Hung up.
    Don't. Just don't, you moron.

Xian put his phone any. He didn't want to hear it.

Erin scratched her head. "So what's the plan now?"

"We'll have to just do this stealthily." Xian looked through the doorway of the complex.
    He looked back at Erin. "Okay, follow me."

Erin quickly followed Xian's movements, darting through the doorway and into a nearby room. "What is that thrashing sound I keep hearing?" She whispered.

Xian shrugged. "I don't know, but we better find it before it finds us." The officers analyzed the room they were in.
    Empty power generator, complex map, maintenance tools, probably a storage room.

"Heyhey, shh shh." Erin saw a slight shadow coming down the hallway. She pointed at the shadow for Xian.

"How did you miss this room? It was right by the entrance."
    He slowly crept towards the doorway and waited as came closer…
    That's right, keep walking.

Xian quickly grabbed the owner of the shadow: a Meowstic. She started struggling frantically, psychically grabbing tools off the shelves and throwing them everywhere.

"Hey, stop that!" A honchkrow dashed into the room and slashed Xian, causing him to let go of the meowstic.

Erin slugged the honchkrow in the face with a rose, who recoiled greatly.

The meowstic psychically grabbed Erin and threw her at Xian before he had a chance to attack with a roll dive.

"Alright, alright! Stop it before I beat you two too much!" The meowstic shouted. "Now, *huff* you are going to answer my questions, got it?"
    Damnit…

No response, but that meant a yes for some reason.

"Who are you and what is the purpose of this place!?"

Uhh… what?
    "We're… we were… gonna ask you that same question." Erin said softly.

The meowstic calmed down a little. "Oh really, ...why are you here?'

Xian stood up and dusted himself off. "We are police officers of Lumiose," he showed his badge(Erin did too). "We were just investigating this complex, which might've been related to the shadow pokemon incidents."

"I can tell you're not lying." The meowstic straightened her tie, for whatever reason. "I'm Whisper, and this is my friend Jade. And you're names are…?"
    Schenze.

"Xian."
    "Erin."

"Okay then." Whisper said.

Jade hadn't said anything the whole time. "Hey Whisper, we should split up."

Whisper turned to look at Jade. "We should not- okay fine. You two, get lost or something."

Xian thought for a few seconds. "One thing. Do you know what that ruckus is all about?"

"It must be a rampant shadow pokemon." Jade answered. "Try not to get in it's way."

"I guess we should be going, then?" Erin asked.

Whisper crossed her arms. "Yeah, you do that."
    You're a little short on respectfulness.

Xian walked out of the room, and turned to see another meowstic, except this one was male and looked real mad.
    Oh f-

The crazed cat started sprinting towards Xian on all fours, wanting to kill.

"Xian what're you-"

"Look out!" Xian dived out of the way, and Erin stepped back into the room.

Whisper darted out of the room, and saw the meowstic. "Jasper!?"

"What?" Jade said, not equally surprised.

Xian stood up and straightened himself. "He a friend of yours?"

Jasper fiercely raked at Whisper, who reacted by jumping and walking on the ceiling. "He's my little brother! Don't hurt him!"

Erin just ran out of the room and dashed down the hallway.

Xian ran after her. "What're we supposed to do?" He yelled.

"Figure out what to do because I have no idea!" Erin responded.
    That's not very helpful.

Xian skidded to a stop. "Hmm…"
    ("Typically, the power grid of a building is located in the basement. Use that for the purpose that you require.")

Xian darted into a random room and tried looking at the walls for a map. Instead, there was a Staryu cowering in one of the corners of the room.

"Alright you," Xian grabbed the Staryu. "Where's the power unit!?"

"B-b-bottom floor! Stairs are on the right!" the Staryu quickly said, trying to avoid a beating.

Xian tossed the Staryu on the floor and ran to the stairs. After some more running around aimlessly.
    He heard muffled speaking above him.
    "Hey, flower girl! Don't come any closer, we can deal with this just fine!"
    "Nope no you can't he's shooting more shadow blasts at us!"
    "Jasper wake up! Jasper! Stop trying to shoot me! Stop!"
    "What am I supposed to do, then?"

It was dark, for whatever reason. But Xian found the main power unit just fine.
    Unfortunately, he couldn't figure out how to deactivate it.

He dialed up Erin. "Hey, hey Erin I found a power unit. How do I shut it down?"

"I'm in a middle of something here, this kid is throwing chairs everywhere!"

Xian growled. "Erin, I need to shut the power down to stop him, how do I work this thing!?"

"Isn't he nocturnal, though?"

There was the sound of the phone being moved. "No, he's not nocturnal." Whisper had the phone now. Presumably by taking it through telekinesis. "Listen, if you're stuck, just break it!"

"Uh- break it?"

"Burn it or something! Punch it! Destroy all the wires for all I care just do something!"
    That seems sensible.

Xian put the phone down and ran up to a nearby generator. He unscrewed the lid of it and crammed a random rag he found into the gas tank.
    Then, he pulled out a lighter and started trying to burn the rag.
    *click, click, click*
    *click, click, click, click*
    Come on, come on… work damnit!

An orange light formed on the rag. Xian bolted up the stairs. What he just did was really unorthodox, but he didn't care.

…!
    ……!!
    ………!!!!!
    *BOOM*

Xian was knocked down from the building shaking suddenly. The lights flickered wildly, and then died out.

The ringing wouldn't stop. The ringing won't stop. The ringing stop. Stop it.
    The blur in Xian's vision corrected itself. He was a little dizzy.

Focus, foxus, foxes.
    Xian shook his head. He felt a little better, and walked throughout the dark hallways.

Erin was sitting against a wall, covering her ears(if she had any).

"Erin. Erin it's me. Are you okay?" Xian tapped Erin a few times to get her attention.

"..." Erin looked at Xian as if he seriously did something wrong. "Xian, are you crazy!?"

Xian moved back a little, because he seriously did do something wrong. Then Erin hugged him.
    He kept silent, looking around. Jade was unconscious, looking like she fell forward after slipping on ice.

Jasper was also unconscious. He actually looked like a normal pokemon.

Whisper stepped forward from some dust clouds. She was unharmed, with some sort of light barrier protecting her. "H-hey. Jasper, wake up."

"Don't." Xian said. He stood up and put on a pair of special shades. "He's still a shadow pokemon."

"Give me those." Whisper grabbed the shadow readers off of Xian's face and wore them. She sighed and tossed the glasses on the ground.
    "Alright… let's go home."

Bay

Years
  • Eventually, then found a dark grey structure of extreme suspicion, hard to see. "Wow. They even piled leaves onto the roof." Xian said.

"They" I think you meant there.

He looked through the doorway.
    One Starmie and a Houndoom. Dead. "Ah hell." He backed up and covered his eyes.

Oh, things are getting interesting now.

"Alright, alright! Stop it before I beat you two too much!" The meowstic shouted. "Now, *huff* you are going to answer my questions, got it?"

This is more a style preference of mine, but I think you could describe the huff instead of instering it like that. So probably like this:

"Alright, alright! Stop it before I beat you two too much!" The meowstic shouted. "Now..." She let out huff before continuing. "You are going to answer my questions, got it?"

Xian tossed the Staryu on the floor and ran to the stairs. After some more running around aimlessly.
    He heard muffled speaking above him.

I think this sentence would flow better written like this:

Xian tossed the Staryu on the floor and ran to the stairs. After some more running around aimlessly, he heard muffled speaking above him.

Despite the big bang at the end there, good thing no serious harm was done on everyone. I'm going to assume what happens next is getting Jasper not be a Shadow Pokemon anymore. Should be fun.

Razgrey

Excalibur
    Years
  • Part 12: Epiphany
    Sinnoh: Ever Grande City
    (It's me, Mobius.)
    (And Makan.)
    (Sure, sure, whatever. But it's about me.)
    (Eh, and Makan.)
    (Sigh…)

Calling. Xian picked up. "Yeah?"

"Hey, Xian? Is Erin okay?" Charlie asked.

Xian sounded real relaxed. "Yeah, she's fine."

"Really? That's great! Now listen up, this is important. You're still in Kalos, right?"

"No, i'm in the distortion world, negotiating random crap with Giratina. Yes i'm in Kalos."

Charlie ignored the sarcasm. "There should be a forest west of Lumiose, I was told that there's a shadow pokemon operation happening in there, so you should shut it down!" Makan said so, and Charlie suddenly trusts everything that these guys say!

"Uhh, don't we need clearance for that?"

"I don't care about clearance, you have to look into it!"

"Waitwait who told you about the shadow pokemon?"

There was a little bit of a delay, this would sound pretty stupid. "An Anorith."

"What!?" Xian said, as if that was a major breakthrough.

"Uhh… is there something wrong with that?" Charlie asked, with the thought of there being an organization full of Anorith… that was just silly.

Xian lowered his voice a bit. "An Anorith earlier, told me about some Person Of Interest for some random reason."

"It's a teleporting Anorith." Charlie said, feeling even more stupid than before.

"Anorith can't teleport or use any psychic powers."

"Heyhey!" Mobius, who was nearby said. "Hurry up, we're on a tight schedule."

Charlie frowned. "Hold on, i'm gonna finish this call with…" the phone's screen was black, out of batteries. "...nevermind."

"My schedule's never tight." Makan said casually.
    You don't even have a schedule.

Mobius sighed angrily. "Just hurry up so we can get this over with."

Sneasel was still tied to an antenna.

"Alright, why'd you attack me?" Charlie said angrily.

The kid whimpered. "Th-they told me to. They said they w-would kill me if I didn't do what they said!"

Charlie lowered her head a bit. "Hmm… who's they?"

"I… I don't know! They're just really mean!" the kid said.

"Eh, I guess you're not lying. If you were then i'd have to bite you." Makan said.

Mobius rolled his eyes.
    I would like to go back to sleep sometime soon.

Charlie calmed her voice. "Okay, okay then. What's your name, by the way?"

"Sierra… ouch!" Makan had bitten her free arm and was still clinging on. "Owowowow aggggh get off get off!" She started shaking her arm with tears in her eyes, trying to throw Makan off.

"Makan, what the hell are you doing!?" Mobius said.
    Now you've probably infected her with Toxic Poison and she's gonna die!

Eventually, Sierra threw Makan off the roof.
    Who then teleported back onto the roof. "Apologies. I thought she lied for a second."

"Owwwwww…" Sierra was nursing her arm injury, which was also slightly bleeding. "Why does it hurt so much!?"

"I'm Level 100."

"Makan!" Charlie said. "Do you always bite people you think are lying!?"

Makan shrugged. "Not really. Only about half the time."

Mobius facepalmed. "This is absolutely ridiculous."

"They're… agh…!" Sierra started panicking and agonizing over her injury at the same time.

"They? What about they?" Mobius demanded.

Sierra looked up at a nearby shack on the roof(which had stairs to the lower floors). "They've found me! They're here for me!"

Charlie looked at the stair shack. "I don't see or hear anything."

"Ghosts ghosts they got fifty ghosts!" Sierra was now trying to pry the antenna off so she could find a better corner to cower in.

Mobius stepped up to the stair shack and opened the door.

...nothing was there.
    Hahah, very funny.

The swellow kicked with his right talon anyway, colliding with an invisible enemy. A sableye appeared as Mobius kicked it, and despite being a ghost it fell down the stairs.

"Good show." Makan said.

"There's still forty ghosts coming please don't let them get me!" Sierra began saying jibber-jabber while panicking, annoying everyone.
    I have a feeling that you're exaggerating on the number here.

Charlie was a little more alert. "Hey Mobius, there's at least fifteen of them coming up the building."

"How do you know that?" Mobius asked.

"As ghosts can detect fear, they can also detect life and unlife signs… I think."

Makan scurried towards the door, detecting whatever he felt like and shot a powerful solarbeam down the stairs, hitting three invisible sableye that were coming up.

"How do you know Solarbeam?" Charlie asked.

Makan acted like that was normal. "Well it takes a lot of effort-" He took the time to shoot down the stairs again with a hyper beam. "-but it involves something either called determination, hacking, or bootleg."

Where do you even get these things?
    "I-I didn't get the last two." Charlie said.

"Because it's better off if you didn't." Makan responded.

Sierra started randomly clawing at the air in front of her. "Nooooo! Stay away from me!"

Charlie shot some razor leaves at the invisible sableye near Sierra, knocking it down. "How'd they get past us?"

Mobius nonchalantly raked another sableye in front of him. "I don't know. Maybe they're ghosts that went through the roof!?"

Twelve sableye materialized on the roof.
    That's not my fault.

"Wah!" Sierra started yanking at the antenna some more until Charlie took her handcuffs off. She started running around, trying to avoid everything.

Makan started to rapidly shoot moonblasts at the sableye, one-shotting all of them.

Mobius used brave bird some more because it was a cool move.

Charlie really didn't do anything useful. She shot the sableye with some razor leaves but they weren't very good.

"You jinxed it." Makan said.

"I jinxed it!?" Mobius said with annoyance. "Why don't you teleport us out of here if you care!?"

"That's a good idea." Makan said. He used his psychic powers to teleport everyone… to an adjacent roof.

Charlie seemed shocked despite the fact that she already knew that Makan had Solarbeam and Hyperbeam. "Wow!"

The sableye came back. In about a minute. By going through the roof.
    I jinxed it, huh!?

"I'm sure you know that I meant for you to teleport us farther." Mobius said, a little frustrated.

"Eh, we can take 'em." Makan said, charging his ultra power. "BLAAAAAAHHH-"
    He fired an intense beam of power at the sableyes!

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I think you're using Hyper Beam here.
    Sierra, panicked, ran up to a random sableye, and punched it. It's face got frozen in a block of ice. "Waaaaaaah!!!"

Charlie just shot several barrages of leaves at random until they stopped attacking, or until she got tired. She breathed heavily, despite being a ghost.

Mobius flew up a few feet, and grabbed one of the sableye by their head, and then started to whack the others with it.

That hyper beam is really loud. I'd appreciate it if you'd stop it.
    Makan ran out of PP for his Hyper Beam. "It worked. I took them all out. MVP Anorith."

-----

They weren't being pursued by sableye anymore. They tossed all them off the roof because everyone knows that ghosts can't take fall damage.
    (Ahem ahem ghost that fell down the stairsss?)

Sierra, despite being given the chance to leave, stayed with the group.
    Still paranoid about more ghosts coming.

Mobius spoke quietly with Makan again, while Charlie tried to calm Sierra. "Yunno, if you've got all these powers and you're level 100, why don't you just stop the shadow pokemon yourself?"

Makan had possession of more cotton candy, as if he was able to duplicate Jasper's supply of it. "Well, it's complicated… actually, it's not." Makan nibbled on some more cotton candy. "It's not exactly my fight. I don't belong as a hero, but a manipulator."

"I knew you spoke some English, and what is that supposed to mean?" Mobius asked.

Makan sighed. "Do you know why I can't evolve?"

You told me it was Arceus' doing, but I don't believe it for a second.
    Mobius shrugged. "Because you're level 100 and are incapable of gaining any more experience?"

"That may be half of it, but no. It was Arceus. He fused an Everstone into my carapace, so I am permanently unable to evolve. But that's fine. I'm not a fan of standing on two legs."

"Okay, let's just say for a minute that Arceus actually did prevent you from evolving," Mobius said, looking like a complete jerk while saying so. "How is that relevant?"

Makan looked at Mobius a little angrily, because it WAS true. "He's prevented me from interfering too much with the affairs of the people. I'm too smart, I could probably change the future if I wanted."

"What about Rayquaza? We pretty much stopped the world from drowning when we awoke him."

"Well… that was different. He can't sleep when Kyogre and Groudon make a fuss."

Mobius got a little frustrated. "But you're not a legendary."

"I am very legendary like." Makan said, more frustrated than Mobius. "I know 19 moves and can annihilate whatever I want. Do you know anyone else that can do that!?"
    Maybe Arceus? But there's only 18 types, so no.

"...nope."

"Alright then." Makan said, relaxing. "Now that we're over this, are you ready to teleport to Kalos? I'd really like to rid us of this useless minor character that keeps screaming."

What is up with you, still? You can't speak English, ever?
    Mobius threw off the notion of trying to translate what Makan's gibberish. "What's that? You're speaking in tongues again."

Makan spoke in a smug tone. "It's not tongues, it's what we call breaking the fourth-"

"Nah, nah. That's too cryptic for me to understand."
    Whenever you talk like that, it hurts my brain.

"Fine. Alright people!" Makan interrupted the slightly awkward, but boring conversation between Charlie and Sierra. "I'm teleporting everyone to Kalos because I can! Any objections!?"

Sierra raised her hand. "But Sinnoh is my home…!"

Makan thought she would say that. "No problem, when this is all over i'll just teleport you back to Sinnoh."

"Okay…"

"Now then, ladies... Prepare yourselves!" Makan radiated with energy, and a bright blue light enveloped everyone on the roof. And with a quick flash of light, they all were gone.

Razgrey

Excalibur
    Years
  • Hoenn Recording 4
    Anorith: They call me… Makan the Anorith.

Aggron: Whoa, Makan! How did you get in here?

Anorith: I am Level 100 and am the most powerful Anorith in the world. I have psychic powers. Eh.

Gardevoir: Hey, Makan is that you?

Anorith: Yes, Frost.

Gardevoir: Okay, where have you been for the last month?

Anorith: Kalos.

Aggron: Woah what's Kalos?

Gardevoir: Shut up Charles, anyway Makan what have Grey and Jade been doing?

Anorith: Jade owns a Casino in Kalos. Grey is also part of the casino, and has a new nickname. He calls himself Mobius.

Gardevoir: What about *static*?

Anorith: I know nothing about him.

Back