• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Corpse Party 3DS

Years
  • Any fans of the Corpse Party series here? I myself recently became a fan of the series when the PC version of the game (Which is a remake of one of the older ones). For those who aren't familiar with the series, Corpse Party is a Japanese Horror Game series (most of them are remakes of each other, and as far as I know there has only been one direct sequel), and the plot of the game is that these group of friends/classmates preform a charm for a send off for one of their friends whom is transferring, but once they preform the charm a massive earthquake strikes and they are all sent to a different dimension of their school which is called "Heavenly Host Academy," when they explore they find other corpse of former victims who arrived before they did. They must avoid traps and fight for their survival in order to escape the Academy.

This version is a remake of the PSP version from a few years back with additional chapters. The game's audio will be in Japanese, but the text will be in English. The game will be offered as a stand alone title in the eShop and as a physical copy in the form of the Back to School Edition which includes soundtrack, figures, and the game.

It comes out in the US on October 25th and in EU on October 26th.

Trailer:

Back to School edition:
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Well feel free to talk about the others here, but I was just bringing attention to the 3DS one as it's the next one to come out

But it's uh... not. A few extra chapters doesn't inherently make it a completely different game. Maybe those chapters are available in other releases, such as Book of Shadows or Blood Drive (which I still need to pick up). No doubt that they are wonderful games and it's nice to finally see Nintendo embrace something quite as dark as Corpse Party. Have you ever read the manga? It's by far worse in cruelty than the actual game... it's a tad... um... even more so. I did enjoy it overall though! I even made a 'friends forever/Heavenly Host' club while I was there!

I used to visit my last forum using Sachiko Shinozaki as my avatar <3

篠崎さん は 髪 が 長いです。彼女 は かわいいね!お~~ほほほほほほ!

tumblr_static_9p1oftwg9nwokswkwkkcs08ow.png

Last edited:
    Years
  • But it's uh... not. A few extra chapters doesn't inherently make it a completely different game. Maybe those chapters are available in other releases, such as Book of Shadows or Blood Drive (which I still need to pick up). No doubt that they are wonderful games and it's nice to finally see Nintendo embrace something quite as dark as Corpse Party. Have you ever read the manga? It's by far worse in cruelty than the actual game... it's a tad... um... even more so. I did enjoy it overall though! I even made a 'friends forever/Heavenly Host' club while I was there!

I used to visit my last forum using Sachiko Shinozaki as my avatar <3

篠崎さん は 髪 が 長いです。彼女 は かわいいね!お~~ほほほほほほ!

tumblr_static_9p1oftwg9nwokswkwkkcs08ow.png
    I never said it was going to be a completley different game? I realize that this is a remake with extra chapters. Its just the more recent release of the series.

I love the manga, you're right it's so much more than the game. I need to pick up the rest of the series though.

Did you ever watch the anime adaptation?

Years
  • I never said it was going to be a completley different game? I realize that this is a remake with extra chapters. Its just the more recent release of the series.

I love the manga, you're right it's so much more than the game. I need to pick up the rest of the series though.

Did you ever watch the anime adaptation?

I don't think I watched the full thing. More than a few things got in the way of that and I stopped looking for it awhile back. A shame I should rectify soon though. There are so many things that I have boiling right now that I'll have to set aside some time to actually get back into the story! Oh, I did cross it off though to show my poor reading though! Or at least I think that's what I meant to do... it's just nice to see other fans of the series.

Years
  • I don't think I watched the full thing. More than a few things got in the way of that and I stopped looking for it awhile back. A shame I should rectify soon though. There are so many things that I have boiling right now that I'll have to set aside some time to actually get back into the story! Oh, I did cross it off though to show my poor reading though! Or at least I think that's what I meant to do... it's just nice to see other fans of the series.

It was a good mini series. I think it's about 4 episodes, maybe 5? It was a decent adaptation.

I didn't even notice that you marked it out. I was still kinda waking up when I replied

Years
  • That's good news at least! I still have other things I need to finish watching before taking a crack at it though!

Back