• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The 30 Days of Gaming Challenge, v2.0!

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
  • Day 14: I don't have a gaming wallpaper

So have my current instead.

Spoiler:

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Day 15 - Post a screenshot from the game you're playing right now.

How about an incredibly close finish in Forza Horizon 3?

Spoiler:

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Day 15: ......

How about some physical Ultraviolence against Demonkind in Doom 2016?
    Spoiler:

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Day 16 - Game with the best cut scenes.

Halo 2 Anniversary. They did a tremendous job updating the visuals here, especially in the cutscenes. Probably the best version of Cortana too.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Day 16: Game with the cutscenes that I actually do not bother skipping and actually give a damn about

This may be a strange case for me since i would not normally say anything about this franchise aside from the older entries but I have to give something to Call of Duty: Kevin Spacey Advanced Warfare. Despite it being so cookie cutter with a plot that's more predictable than predicting the weather, the game as a CoD game somehow delivers with the campaign's main star attraction -> Kevin Spacey, who plays the role of Jonathan Irons, the game's primary antagonist.

When i first saw these cutscenes when i first played the campaign, I asked myself, come on game. You know you want me to skip these well written scenes especially when I'm on the go. But you know what? It has Kevin Spacey, delivering a rather Oscar worthy performance in his role and it made me care about what i was going through in this game.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Day 17 - Favorite antagonist.

Pagan Min from Far Cry 4. This dude was great. Pink suit and all.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Day 17: Favorite Antagonist

borderlands_the_pre-sequel.jpg

I have to give this one over to Handsome Jack There's a lot of reasons why the respective Borderlands fanbase really loves Handsome Jack and it clearly shows. He is the main villain of Borderlands 2 but for much of the game, he is the kind of villain or antagonist whom you just can't seem to hate because of how funny, entertaining, and on-point he is. Not to mention, his voice actor Damien Clarke, ad-libbed many of Jack's lines.

When he initially starts being this really funny, charming, and very entertaining kind of guy, the latter half of the game shows how demented, twisted, and sadistic he truly is. The latter half of the game makes it clear that he has to be taken down. The way the game was written shows how both YOU the player character and him, Handsome Jack have both crossed lines, Jack becomes a real savage, and you, driven by revenge from those who have died fighting for their cause.

Arsenic

Years
  • Looks like I got a little catching up to do...

Day 15: Screenshot
    Spoiler:

Me winning BallRace against myself because I felt like playing it.

Day 16: Some long phrase about cutscenes

Pretty much every game I play. I tell people to shut up and leave me alone during the cutscenes. I'm one of the only people who wants to see the story no matter how bad it seems...

Day 17: Antagonist

Probably Dogeyes from Sleeping Dogs. I think it's because the game made me hate him as much as the characters did.

Here watch his death! Spoilers and light gore warning :D
    Spoiler:

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Day 18 - Favorite protagonist.

Hmm. I'm going to go with Cole Train from the Gears Of War series. So many good quotes.

CAN'T STOP THE TRAIN BABY!!!

Arsenic

Years
  • Day 18 - Favorite Protagonist

I thiiink that would be Rico Rodriguez from Just Cause 3. With each game that came out his character got better until we arrived at the so-far best representation of the world's oldest Dictator Removal Service.

Plus you can't go wrong with quotes like "F**k you, missile." (Which is the only time I can remember him really swearing in the game so far...)

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Day 18:.................

You already know who I'm about to mention:

Doomguy!

PSYCHE!

I've already mentioned Doomguy or specifically the Doom Slayer (Doomguy 2016) in a different entry and i made it obvious that he is basically my favorite character in any video game but this time I'd want to offer the spotlight to my other favorite video game protagonist in...

Sol Badguy of Guilty Gear:
    tumblr_mn21ab0I9U1qfbsp5o3_500.gif

Appearance as of Guilty Gear XrD

at one point, I remember seeing Guilty Gear in a magazine and I thought to myself, "Oh wow, this sh*t looks way better and more badass than Street Fighter can ever be!" and I was right. Guilty Gear has a certain charm in its characters, music, and of course the gameplay that no other fighting game has, and many other fighting games try to outdo but fail miserably in getting the point.

But anyway, more on Sol Badguy. As the main protagonist of the Guilty Gear series, he definitely deserves the spotlight right now. He has quite an interesting lore and background that is definitely far deeper than how he is portrayed, and of course he just looks so damn cool in everything he does. Beating people to a pulp, talking in cutscenes, and of course doing some of his simple yet effective combos. When i was quite serious and hardcore MLG PRO LCK LCS KR Challenger level of serious in Guilty Gear, Sol was my main, and it still is.

And of course, i cannot forget one of his most important characteristics -> He makes enemies TASTE THE FLAME!

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Day 19 - Picture of a game setting you wish you lived in.

Gotta go back to Forza Horizon 3 again.

Spoiler:

Absolutely gorgeous.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Day 19: I literally need a vacation

Right now, I literally need a vacation, somewhere relaxing, somewhere calm, peaceful, and devoid of drama and BS.. that place i had in mind?

latest

Tomba 2 and in the Town of the Fishermen.

Anyway one has played and finished Tomba 2 100% Like i did may or may not know how beautiful and relaxing the world of The Island is when the events in the game have been resolved.

Also, just a small little bit of Promotion, anyone looking for a decent side scroller that has a lot of things going for it, I definitely recommend everyone to play Tomba and Tomba 2 (the only games in this series). Both are excellent games. PSX Only so use an emulator like ePSXe.

Also, fishing is an activity that I'm very fond of.

Last edited:

Arsenic

Years
  • Day 19: Game Setting I want to live in

Well this one comes to a tie for me with a realistic goal that I plan to make actually happen, and a less realistic location...

First, we have beautiful Australia from Forza Horizon 3! A location I plan to live in, at least while at college.
    Spoiler:

Second is the beautiful Italian (fictional) archipelago of Medeci from Just Cause 3. Less realistic as I'd have to learn Italian and well it's a fictional island group...
    Spoiler:

And yes, I really like blue ocean with cliffs and very warm weather. Warm weather is best weather.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Day 20 - Favorite genre.

First Person Shooter. Clearly. No contest.

Arsenic

Years
  • Day 20: Favorite Genre

giphy.gif

Gee I wonder...

For the sake of formality, the genre is FPS. I like when it is hybridized as well and has other genre parts added in such as puzzles, open world, and rpg elements to name a few.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Day 20: Favorite Genre:

tumblr_o5pltxGwJ61r7sijxo1_500.gif

Obviously from how i present myself in this wonderful forum, my favorite genres are OBVIOUSLY AND DEFINITELY JRPGs, Sports Games, Dating Sims, Turn based Strategy, and whatever the f**k Animal Crossing is.

eI1SUBN.gif

You can all tell it from my signature and my avatar, and the animated GIFs I am posting.

0xZBG7x.gif

Revenant: OMG XIN IS IT TRUE THAT THOSE ARE YOUR FAVE GENRES AND YOU ARE SUCH A WEEB TOO?
    Me: (FALCONE PUNCH!) Sit down you wannabee hipster with no sense of taste and decency.

And if you thought whatever the heck i said was true, please uninstall. Had your hopes up? Please uninstall as well.

Okay for the sake of f**king rules, my fave Genre is as clear as the blood soaked sky. The First Person Shooter genre. The genre has faced a lot of innovation, challenges, and evolutions for the past few years. Many of the most historical and most iconic games that I like and many people do like as well are First Person Shooters. The FPS genre itself being challenged by the media as an aging genre, many of the games that have come out especially this year has proven that the genre is not only alive, but its thriving, like some high caliber bullets shredding through enemy flesh.

But as such, every game in the FPS library and the different franchises appeal to different audiences and tastes and as such, we can easily be friends. Our perspectives, which is in first person, everything just feels more visceral, especially if its committing ultraviolence against enemy-kind and such, is one and the same, even in different games and themes.

kreZ4L0.jpg

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Day 21 - Game with the best story.

Portal 2. Such a great story. Such great characters. Gonna go through it again someday since it came to XBOX One backwards compatibility.

Back