• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Back to the Grind(stone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Speaking of wastelands, Fallout New Vegas...I'll definitely be siding with the NCR for this very first playthrough since that companion Boone just kept blasting Legion grunts even when i had no intention of fighting them, but it's okay. Boone is pretty OP and I figured i wipe the floor with Legion blood anyway since they like providing me with Antivenoms and their light helmets to recycle my current helms (NCR Ranger Combat Helmet) with thanks to Jury Rigging, a wonderful 90 Repair perk that easily saves a lot of money for repairs.

I'll make a far more better build with the 2nd character and build now that I've learned more about how the game's stats work.

Also, if ever i had a wishlist for the future after 2016 and onwards, i'd want Fallout 5 for 2019 with idsoftware's IDTech6 Engine (Since Idsoftware now works for Bethesda anyway) or the game engine they are using for Dishonored 2. I'd pay a good amount of money for that, as well as sourcing some of the talent from Obsidian Entertainment or the guys who worked on New Vegas, then have some more options for some intricate weapon crafting, a much higher level cap at launch (plz no DLCs for level caps), and should there be some very worthwhile preorder bonuses, I'd preorder that myself. Fallout 5 2019 or 2020..

Last edited:

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • Anyone happen to have Day of Infamy on steam? I'd love to play with people on the new update that came out with new weapons/maps and BODILY DISMEMBERMENT VIA MG42/anypowerworthyweapon

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Kingdom Hearts 0.2 A Fragmentary Passage OP is up on Youtube from Squeenix, don't open if you have no idea what is going on, or if you don't want to bawl your eyes out today, that is the freshest Simple and Clean Remix in AGES. Bubbles make magic, good effing lord.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB-SgmfG_eM
    But yeah, its almost time you guys, KH3 is a year or so away, magic is gonna happen very very soon. Its only been 10 years.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • I just need to blow this off somewhere but..

9vZOcnL.jpg

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare's intro level has got to be one of my favorite intro or Map 1 levels of the more modern era. Everything i like in your "OMG MEELITEHREE SHEWTAR" is there for me -> A somehow Technologically advaned North Korean enemy, said Tech advanced North Korea invading Seoul, the Capital of South Korea, and you get to shoot and slaughter those commie totalitarian bastards to the ground. Not to mention, whoever designed the Seoul map in Advanced Warfare deserves a Medal of Honor for doing such a great job.

I mean, the whole level was basically you and your fellow US army dudes and Atlas PMC dudes fighting against those blasted NK mooks and turning them into bloody piles of Kimchi, while on South Korean soil. Glorious. Sadly, with the more politically correct and culture sensitive world of 2016 and beyond, we won't ever get to have more of these enjoyable nonsense because of the fear of triggering some political asshats and armchair SJWs and Tumblerinos, Starbucks chugging Tech Bloggers, as well as Polygon and Kotaku (Heck Polygon and Kotaku pretty much fit whatever the **ck i mentioned earlier about political asshats and armchair SJWs).

Ok, i dunno. I felt like dumping in some certain feels since Infinite Warfare's going to be out in a few days and I gotta play some BOOTS ON DA JETPACK games while I senselessly hype up for....

Call of Duty...
    5olC1SG.jpg

INFINITE WARFARE
    -> and I'm totally paid by Activision 20k USDs to just say this in the forum. Totally Activision.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • I got a "Wicked Sick" kill chain in Black Mesa Source but the game crashed right before the game ended. pls kill me. That was like 15-20 in a row 7-7.

I'll never have great end-of-game results it seems...

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    So there are 20 prestiges in Modern Warfare: Remastered. And 1,000 levels on the final prestige. Whoa baby. Might have to rethink my plan of attack with these two games.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • ns1jXwk.gif

Well Brutal Doom 64 (A Brutalized Doom 64 mod for GZDoom) was just released and as always, time to say goodbye to reality and once again indulge myself in the lovely world of Brutal Doom, but this time its BRUTAL DOOM 64!

and yes, pictures of impending carnage, bloodshed, and glorious visceral chop chops are going to be posted, with reckless abandon ;)

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • I was about to post some delicious reckless carnage that was Brutal Doom 64 but considering forum policies, visceral graphic violence may not be everyone's cup of tea right now in daily chat so instead I'll be venting out some of my frustrations in character creation in video games like i always do.

So i tried creating a good looking female for Fallout New Vegas but due to how the game's base graphical style was when it came to actor models, I could not produce a good looking female for my second character. It was hard to work with any of the sliders in producing a good looking face for the character i was planning and I had to look for a certain mod to help me on that.

I'd post a picture on my failed attempt at recreating a certain character with the base game (no mods) but I don't want to give everyone some unnecessary spooks.

So the character in question that I am recreating for Fallout New Vegas for my 2nd time with the game?
    None other than....

Spoiler:

I'd write an entire narrative of why she may (or may not) have ended up in the Mojave Wastelands but that will be reserved for another time.

My planned SPECIAL (Primary) stats for her are as follows:
    Choice 1
    Spoiler:

Why is Charisma so low? Well Charisma in New Vegas isn't as useful or as influential as it sounds. Despite how it influences speech checks and other dialogue options, ultimately what decides if you pass any of the dialogue checks in the game are the actual Skills on Speech, Barter, and other skills. There is no "CHARISMA" check in New Vegas as far as I've played the game for the first time. Charisma also makes followers/companions more powerful but considering how powerful companions already are in this game, they don't need that extra damage.

Intelligence is basically regarded as the best stat in New Vegas since a higher amount of it allows the character to swim with more skill points. I kinda learned it the hard way with my first character when I didn't put as much as I could. And unlike Charisma, New Vegas actually has Intelligence Checks in the Dialogue. More skill points to distribute for Rem would mean she has more means of surviving New Vegas as she grows, in particular to relevant skills such as Survival, Medicine, Repair, and Speech, just like she is in her own respective franchise.

Choice 2:
    Spoiler:

Unlike choice 1 which argues that Charisma is a dump stat, Choice 2 revolves around a ludicrous amount of Charisma to give some of the dialogue related skills such as Barter, Speech, and whatnot to be boosted a bit, as well as giving Rem some very very powerful followers. This one is more "accurate" to "Fandom Rem" as I like to call it considering that while she isn't the most charismatic of characters in Re: Zero's respective lore, the fandom says otherwise.

This also means that Rem in direct combat is going to be somewhat weaker than Choice 1 where much of our game will be resolved through passing every dialogue check there is, and should combat become a necessity, then we have our greatly boosted followers to aid Rem in her journey in the wastelands, should Choice 2 be considered.

Also, the very low amount of STR is going to be a pain since STR determines carry weight. Having it at only 1 will mean that Rem's carry weight, as well as her choices of weaponry are going to be limited compared to that of Choice 1, which again will be somehow mitigated by her OP followers with that 9 Charisma stat.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back