• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Nebula: The Multiverse's World Incubator

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    It's interesting anyway. It seems fun.

I've been thinking about a Pokemon region based on Central America. Here it's a raw sketch I made:
    Spoiler:

Note that some Islands had their size increased to appear in this scale. The numbers are points of interest, mostly cities, but not only.
    I imagined a journey that draws a half-moon, begining on 2 (panama) and travellin across the continental part of Central America until 7 (cancun, in the Yucatan Peninsula). From there you would begin to travel through the Caribbean Islands, begining in 10 (La Havana) and ending your journey in 15 (Puerto Rico).
    Buuut.... this region became too big. Only the Continental part could be a single pokemon region.
    Then, I thought it could be like Johto and Kanto. You travel through the continental part, get eight badges and defeat the Elite Four. Then you begin a trip through the islands, collect more eight badges and go back to fight the Elite Four again.
    The name of the region would be Caraiiba, though now I don't know if I give a different name to each of the halves of the region.
    Right now I have more doubts than stuff made about this idea. Should I begin a thread and ask people's opinions about it or should I wait until it gets more mature?

I really like the idea, but it is a little big. If you can put the time in though, I'm sure it will work great!

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
    Years
  • Hey peoples, I'm designing a Pokemon region for fun, and I was very set to base it off of India but now I''m not so sure and I'm considering the northern part of South America, meaning Brazil longitudinally. Maybe just percluding Argentina and Chile. Which sounds more interesting to you?

Years
  • Hey peoples, I'm designing a Pokemon region for fun, and I was very set to base it off of India but now I''m not so sure and I'm considering the northern part of South America, meaning Brazil longitudinally. Maybe just percluding Argentina and Chile. Which sounds more interesting to you?

Both ideas are interesting. Well, India has many particularities, its culture could influence the role pokemon play in the region (think about miltanks and donphans compared to cows and elephants), for example, or if you would do fakemon, there are many deities that could inspire legendaries. Brazil has a great variety of landscapes (forest, savanna, flooded areas, very dry areas, big cities), and is rich in biodiversity. If you are willing to do some research, there are also interesting cultural facts.

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
    Years
  • Both ideas are interesting. Well, India has many particularities, its culture could influence the role pokemon play in the region (think about miltanks and donphans compared to cows and elephants), for example, or if you would do fakemon, there are many deities that could inspire legendaries. Brazil has a great variety of landscapes (forest, savanna, flooded areas, very dry areas, big cities), and is rich in biodiversity. If you are willing to do some research, there are also interesting cultural facts.

Yeah the reason why I picked those two places is because they are both filled with incredibly diverse wildlife and biomes. This region will probably a giant region with a final fantasy style expansive story and area that it takes place in. And I do intend to do a lot of research on whichever area I choose.

Years
  • Yeah the reason why I picked those two places is because they are both filled with incredibly diverse wildlife and biomes. This region will probably a giant region with a final fantasy style expansive story and area that it takes place in. And I do intend to do a lot of research on whichever area I choose.
    It can be a cool region. I know this doesn't help you to choose, but any area you take is good.

Back