• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Touhou: Series Discussion

Years
  • Does anyone around here like Touhou if you do which of the character in the series is your favorite one also which of the music in the game series do you like the most post a picture of your favorite touhou character or just write they're name Posting your favorite Touhou soundtrack is optional.

Years
  • I really like the Touhou series but I haven't played a lot of the games. I've only played Touhou 1-6, but I'm planning on playing the rest sooner or later.

Th128Cirno.png

My favorite character from the games I have played so far is probably Cirno because of how silly she is.

My current favorite theme is "The Legend of KAGE" from Touhou 1 but that's subject to change once I play the others.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j01AUXr8jlU&list=PLvNDhqjDZ0C8Q8iC5knNBBoKnQDl2Lsac&index=10

Eden

Right you are, Ken!
    Years
  • I used to be a huge Touhou nerd way back when (I'm still into it, but I don't play the games nearly as much nowadays.) My favorite games are 4, 7, 10, and 13.

Favorite character is Satori, other favorites are Eiki, Yuuka, Youmu, and Yuyuko.

Favorite song is probably Fate of Sixty Years
    Spoiler:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Flandre best girl.

I'm a passive fan of 2hou. I know about it, seen some sketches, but haven't played any games. Now that they are coming to PS4 (even though spin-offs), I will finally have first 2hou game.

Years
    • They/Them
    • Seen Jan 17, 2023
    Been going through the Touhou games for a while now, slowly but surely. I'm on UFO right now. Not sure which is my favorite, but my favorite song is probably Mokou's theme. It's one of my favorites, at any rate.

I also play Touhoumon now and again as well.

Years
    • They/Them
    • Seen Jan 17, 2023
    I never played it. I have heard of it a lot and a bunch of my friends have been talking about it a lot lately. How does one play it?

It's just a bullet hell. You move your character around, shoot stuff, and avoid being hit by the (potential) crapload of bullets. Thankfully, your actual hitbox is only a few pixels. If you feel threatened, though, you can use one of your bombs to erase all of the bullets from the screen.

The games also have multiple characters that have different shot patterns, and there's a bit of a "gotta catch em all" aspect to it, since getting through a boss' attack without getting hit/using a bomb gives you a spell card, and the game keeps track of all the spell cards you earn. They don't actually do anything; it's just for collection, but still something I haven't seen elsewhere.

Years
  • I really like the Touhou series but I haven't played a lot of the games. I've only played Touhou 1-6, but I'm planning on playing the rest sooner or later.

Th128Cirno.png

My favorite character from the games I have played so far is probably Cirno because of how silly she is.

My current favorite theme is "The Legend of KAGE" from Touhou 1 but that's subject to change once I play the others.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j01AUXr8jlU&list=PLvNDhqjDZ0C8Q8iC5knNBBoKnQDl2Lsac&index=10

How long have you gotten on the Touhou games have you finished any?

So your favorite character is Cirno huh i knew a person that had her as a favorite character also.

Nice soundtrack there by the way I haven't acually played any of the old Touhou games i have mostly sticked with 2002 and up

Last edited:
    Years
  • [/QUOTE=Histoire;9489173]I used to be a huge Touhou nerd way back when (I'm still into it, but I don't play the games nearly as much nowadays.) My favorite games are 4, 7, 10, and 13.

Favorite character is Satori, other favorites are Eiki, Yuuka, Youmu, and Yuyuko.

Favorite song is probably Fate of Sixty Years
    Spoiler:
    [/QUOTE]

So you don't play touhou games as much anymore huh? that's kinda sad

My favorite characters are 1: Patchouli knowledge 2: Satori 3: Youmu 4: Flandre Scarlet 5: Mokou (This is just my small list)

Out of all of those Touhou games that you mentioned i have only played 7 and 13 i have also played 8
    which has one of my favorite songs in the touhou games
    U.N. Owen was her?
    Spoiler:

I really like the Touhou series but I haven't played a lot of the games. I've only played Touhou 1-6, but I'm planning on playing the rest sooner or later.

Th128Cirno.png

How long have you gotten on the Touhou games have you finished any?

So your favorite character is Cirno huh i knew a person that had her as a favorite character also.

Nice soundtrack there by the way I haven't acually played any of the old Touhou games i have mostly sticked with 2002 and up
    Been going through the Touhou games for a while now, slowly but surely. I'm on UFO right now. Not sure which is my favorite, but my favorite song is probably Mokou's theme. It's one of my favorites, at any rate.

I also play Touhoumon now and again as well.

So you are on UFO now? good luck I heard that game is one of the hardest Touhou games out there

Mokou's theme is also one of my favorites i can't really decide which of the songs is my favorite one since pretty much every touhou soundtrack is awesome oh and I haven't acually fought Mokou yet Since i'm not that good in the later stages of the Touhou games.

Last edited:
    Years
    • They/Them
    • Seen Jan 17, 2023
    Yeah, I haven't actually touched the games in a while, though. I've been meaning to reinstall them, since there's some weird music glitch in SA, at least, and I have to wonder if the installation being weird had anything to do with it.

Years
  • Yeah, I haven't actually touched the games in a while, though. I've been meaning to reinstall them, since there's some weird music glitch in SA, at least, and I have to wonder if the installation being weird had anything to do with it.

Hope you get into some touhou games soon then Good luck with fixing that Music glitch in SA maybe the installation was being wierd? Try to uninstall it and then try to install it again And then hopefully it will work.

Years
    • They/Them
    • Seen Jan 17, 2023
    Yeah, that's what I plan on doing; it's just a matter of me not being lazy and actually bothering to do it. :p

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • Touhou thread? On PokeCommunity? This makes me quite a happy person. I don't play the games as much anymore, but I still play Urban Legend in Limbo occasionally. As for favourite game, probably Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom. Crazy difficult for me and it has a really nice soundtrack.
    Favourite character? Koishi, definitely. She's a would-hug character.
    Favourite soundtrack? Well, look at my username. "Imperishable". Therefore, my favourite Touhou song has to be anything from Touhou 15. Expected something from the 8th game? Tricked you.

Sir Codin

I've played a couple, but haven't gotten TOO into the series.

Still, this is probably the best video about Touhou I've seen:

Years
  • Touhou thread? On PokeCommunity? This makes me quite a happy person. I don't play the games as much anymore, but I still play Urban Legend in Limbo occasionally. As for favourite game, probably Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom. Crazy difficult for me and it has a really nice soundtrack.
    Favourite character? Koishi, definitely. She's a would-hug character.
    Favourite soundtrack? Well, look at my username. "Imperishable". Therefore, my favourite Touhou song has to be anything from Touhou 15. Expected something from the 8th game? Tricked you.

Yea i saw the lack of Touhou threads around here and decided to make a thread to see if there are Any more people that like Touhou around here

Urban Legend in Limbo huh did not know that Limbo had any mods I will make sure that i check that out!

I haven't acually tried out Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom is it more difficult than UFO?

My favorite character would be Patchouli knowledge i just love her character.

Last edited:

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
    Years
  • Kasen best girl.
    Fun thing is a spinoff game called Labyrinth of Touhou 2 got me into the series and then I read WaHH.I knew about it for a long time(Around 10 years) but never bothered to find out more about the characters until this summer because of LoT2(LoT1 doesnt have any story relevance to 2 from what I understand).

Years
  • Kasen best girl.
    Fun thing is a spinoff game called Labyrinth of Touhou 2 got me into the series and then I read WaHH.I knew about it for a long time(Around 10 years) but never bothered to find out more about the characters until this summer because of LoT2(LoT1 doesnt have any story relevance to 2 from what I understand).

Never heard of a Touhou character called Kasen what Touhou game is she from? I have never acually played Labyrinth of Touhou myself is it a good game? Gotta be honest here i haven't acually read any Touhou comic or manga I have only played the some of the games.

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
    Years
  • Never heard of a Touhou character called Kasen what Touhou game is she from? I have never acually played Labyrinth of Touhou myself is it a good game? Gotta be honest here i haven't acually read any Touhou comic or manga I have only played the some of the games.

Kasen Ibaraki.She is from one of the fighting games(Urban legend in Limbo) and the manga Wild and Horned Hermit(or WaHH for short).She also makes guest appearences in other touhou manga.
    Labyrinth of Touhou is like an Etrian Odyssey game.Ever played one?Well I hadnt until Labyrinth of Touhou 2 and fell in love with the gameplay.Kasen is also OP in this game.

Back