• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[News] XBOX Announces "XBOX Game Pass"

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    http://news.xbox.com/2017/02/28/introducing-xbox-game-pass/

Today, we're continuing our commitment to give you more options to diversify and expand your library of games with Xbox Game Pass, a new gaming subscription service coming later this spring. Xbox Game Pass gives you unlimited access to over 100 Xbox One and backward compatible Xbox 360 games – all for $9.99 per month.

One of the best things about Xbox Game Pass is that you can discover and download the full titles directly on your Xbox One. That means continuous, full-fidelity gameplay without having to worry about streaming, bandwidth or connectivity issues. In addition, all Xbox One games in the catalog – and related add-ons – will be available to purchase at an exclusive discount for Xbox Game Pass members, so you can make the games you love part of your permanent library to play whenever you want. Every month new games will cycle into the subscription with some cycling out, giving you a constantly-updating library of games. Xbox Game Pass is your ticket to endless play.

This is why it's best to get the console that is playing from behind. First EA Access, now this.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    That part where it says that every month new games come in, new games go out...will this be replacing the Games With Games free games each month? Otherwise, I'm very pleased about this.

Glad you asked!

https://twitter.com/XboxQwik/status/836598065473581058

433f3eeffebc1e4ca7aed438251c4ac9.png

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years

• Nice! I'm going to have to see the actual list before I invest. I'm currently using GameFly for achievements, but honestly this could be a better deal considering how many games there are - I'm going to need to see how many of them I haven't completed yet. Nice find EC.

Do we know if Game Pass may include new games? That's the reason why I had gotten GameFly, but if Game pass includes new games Han I'm switching immediately.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • So far this seems pretty nice for those without a computer, and likely it'll beat the pants off of PS Now.

Only reason I mention that bit about the computer is that, judging from the picture (which, at this point, I feel is a good point to look at considering that if they wanted to they could have just put a bunch of AAA games on their promo image instead of just the one), the titles that will be available from the start will be titles that, elsewhere, are pretty cheap. For the most part, obviously save for the odd new First-Party AAA title. The types of games that would go sub-10 bucks on your average digital distribution site.

But for those with small libraries or a particular preference for consoles, this is pretty great, especially at 10 bucks a month. Paying 27 dollars between FFXIV and Humble Monthly a month makes it somewhat of an unlikely proposition for me, but if they end up popping out some First Party exclusive that catches my eye I might be dropping HM for this little number.

Though considering this is Xbox we're talking about I won't go cancelling my sub just yet

Back