• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Titanfall 2

Years
  • 960x170_titanfall2.jpg

TITANFALL 2

So let's talk about Titanfall 2, one of the best FPS of 2016 ( in my opinion).Titanfall 2 is an FPS game which focuses on the character Jack Cooper a Rifleman from the Militia who suddently get dropped right into a war on Planet Typhon against the IMC (Interstellar Manufacturing Corporation)

Spoiler:

Has anyone else here played it? or did you just hear about it now?
    If you have played it before, what do you think about the game? Did it meet your expectations or do you prefer other FPS games?
    Do you still play the game to this day?
    If you have yet to try it out or are unsure about the game itself feel free to ask whatever you want in this thread!

Last edited:

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    The campaign was incredible, the multiplayer is great and they are doing wonderful things, like that Party Group thing or whatever and making all map DLC free so the community doesn't split up.

Sadly, I am on a Halo 5 kick at the moment and haven't played in a while.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • Played the first, and this one too. One of if not the best (or second best) of 2016.

The campaign was simply awe inspiring-ly good. I thought it was going to be really tacky at first but holy crud. This is how all SP modes could be. Kinda hurts not that all other games dont take full advantage of the campaign mode. I can also say that the story is a lot deeper than you say, for example I would suggest an edit to the OP being that the IMC's goals are to regain connection with the Sol system and the rest of their fleet so they can regain control of the frontier, with the [redacted campaign information] being a way to complete the later goal.

My only gripe is I would have liked to see more planets in the campaign. Maybe not to the extent of the first Titanfall, but would a second planet have hurt?

The multiplayer is leagues better than the original, bar titans being turned into "paper tigers". There is much more to do and unlock now which I think was the first games biggest fault.

Either way, fantastic game, and a real shining example of FPS. (And I do believe it is a Source game to boot?)

Years
  • Played the first, and this one too. One of if not the best (or second best) of 2016.

The campaign was simply awe inspiring-ly good. I thought it was going to be really tacky at first but holy crud. This is how all SP modes could be. Kinda hurts not that all other games dont take full advantage of the campaign mode. I can also say that the story is a lot deeper than you say, for example I would suggest an edit to the OP being that the IMC's goals are to regain connection with the Sol system and the rest of their fleet so they can regain control of the frontier, with the [redacted campaign information] being a way to complete the later goal.

My only gripe is I would have liked to see more planets in the campaign. Maybe not to the extent of the first Titanfall, but would a second planet have hurt?

The multiplayer is leagues better than the original, bar titans being turned into "paper tigers". There is much more to do and unlock now which I think was the first games biggest fault.

Either way, fantastic game, and a real shining example of FPS. (And I do believe it is a Source game to boot?)

It's nice to see someone else enjoying the Campaign as much as i did :) I saw your advice there thanks for notifying me about that And i agree with you there the Multiplayer feels much better than TF1 did

And yes both Titanfall 1 and Titanfall 2 run on a Source engine.

Back