• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

We STILL can't get the Switch

Years
  • Are we EVER getting the Switch? At least, anywhere close to MSRP?

I know there's no games yet for it that I'm actually interested in, but there probably will be eventually if the Pokemon Stars leaks are true. Consequently I'm getting a bit impatient.

I hope I'm not the only one.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    I think kelario27 means the Switch is out of stock everywhere though there's a few places selling it for a higher price.

When I considered buying a Switch it was out of stock in Amazon and would be back in stock late March. Even the re-stocks ran out before that date and right now there's no date for future re-stocks. You can still get it from other sellers, but it's more expensive.

The only game I really wanted to play was Breath of the Wild so I ended up getting the Wii U version, so I'm happy.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Do you mean Alaska? Are there no Nintendo Switches in Alaska?

Yukari

given that he mentioned the Manufacture Suggested Retail Price he probably is talking about how they are basically out of stock everywhere.

I mean I live in Kentucky and there aren't any here.

Years
  • Yeah, sorry if I wasn't clear. I know they've been released.

I have yet to see one on the shelf anywhere. Most of Nintendo's official online retailers sell out within hours of getting shipments, when they get shipments. Amazon and Walmart are selling them for a LOT higher than $300, and I'm not checking Gamestop because they "lost" the limited edition New 3DS I ordered and I don't trust them anymore.

Years
  • I've waited outside in lines at 7am at Toys-R-Us on three separate occasions to get a Switch when they were stocking (which isnt even often), and every time they've sold out before I could get one. And this happens at every store that stocks the Switch, too, so it's gonna be really hard to get your hands on one for a while.

I think I read an article that said Switch stocking is going to be a problem for a few more months, so there aren't a lot of options at this time unfortunately :( . Your best bet right now is to find out when a particular store is stocking the Switch and go REALLY early in the morning before they open to guarantee you get one, because the demand is still very high.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • The thing about Nintendo, especially recently, is that they aren't printing enough items to meet the demand for said item. This happened with the NES remake and now the Switch too, and this is one of Nintendo's biggest flaws, and they really restrict their profits in some ways because of it.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen yesterday
    Hi, I'm not sure where this has come from, however as far as I know the Switch has been released worldwide:

56UKHEc.png

Like Christos said, it's fairly hard to find in stock right now. We'll swing by CEX when you're down this end and I'll show you what those turds done. They bought a load of Norwich's switches at retail price and are selling them for a massive mark up.

Back