• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[News] Battlefront 2 reveal coming April 15th

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
  • https://twitter.com/EA/status/850740050577031168

EA tweeted it out earlier today, stating it will be showcased at 2:30PM ET/ 11:30 PT on the 15th of April. This will be the sequel to Star Wars Battlefront which released in late 2015, and will potentially be bigger and better than the first game.

What are your expectations for this game? What would you like to see added? Specific things changed? Feel free to talk all thing Battlefront, whether from the first game or the game to come, here.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Why

Why would they name it...

Just...just why...

Star Wars Battlefront 2 was literally the most popular title in the series, even after the release of the new one. It'd be like if they named Battlefield 1's WWII spinoff Battlefield 2- though I don't want to give 'em any ideas. Seems like, the way things are going now, they might actually go that route.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • The big sin for me is that I still don't know what was inside the Battlefront EA season pass but then again I never bought it in the first place knowing that said game was going to be not as good as I hoped it to be.

And I'm not surprised about Battlefront EA 2 being in development knowing how some reviewers already pointed that one out as well.

Also, I wish that finally Dice and EA would finally have the time to actually play the actual Battlefront games and see what they can do right this time around.

Battlefront EA 2 wishlists / expectations

I can easily see who ever will be in charge of Battlefront EA 2 to borrow some ideas from BF1 and i kinda expect the following things to be implemented:

- "Weaker" Hero units = We all knew that player controlled Hero units in Battlefront EA were godly and given how hero units didn't have a certain timer, regular infantry players could not do anything against a 93-2 Boba Fett. In BF1 at least, the "Hero" units or the Elite troopers could still be instakilled by regular infantry via Bayonet Charge. So i kinda expect that there will be some mechanics to help regular infantry units deal with player controlled hero units. Oh and of course put a timer so that hero units don't last forever in the field.

- MOAR weapons. I mean seriously. Battlefront EA 1 had a pathetically small weapon pool and they can definitely think of more weapons to slap in.

Might edit my post...

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • The big sin for me is that I still don't know what was inside the Battlefront EA season pass but then again I never bought it in the first place knowing that said game was going to be not as good as I hoped it to be.

And I'm not surprised about Battlefront EA 2 being in development knowing how some reviewers already pointed that one out as well.

Also, I wish that finally Dice and EA would finally have the time to actually play the actual Battlefront games and see what they can do right this time around.

Battlefront EA 2 wishlists / expectations

I can easily see who ever will be in charge of Battlefront EA 2 to borrow some ideas from BF1 and i kinda expect the following things to be implemented:

- "Weaker" Hero units = We all knew that player controlled Hero units in Battlefront EA were godly and given how hero units didn't have a certain timer, regular infantry players could not do anything against a 93-2 Boba Fett. In BF1 at least, the "Hero" units or the Elite troopers could still be instakilled by regular infantry via Bayonet Charge. So i kinda expect that there will be some mechanics to help regular infantry units deal with player controlled hero units. Oh and of course put a timer so that hero units don't last forever in the field.

- MOAR weapons. I mean seriously. Battlefront EA 1 had a pathetically small weapon pool and they can definitely think of more weapons to slap in.

Might edit my post...
    I'm sure they've played their own games. That would just be dumb if they don't. However, I do agree with all of your expectations and wish list and hope those are implemented.

Yukari

It'd be like if they named Battlefield 1's WWII spinoff Battlefield 2- though I don't want to give 'em any ideas. Seems like, the way things are going now, they might actually go that route.

At least there wasn't already a game titled "Battlefield 1"

If you see what I'm getting at.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • I'm just hoping they'll work towards making the Battlefront 3 (and even the conceptual Battlefront) that they were planning/promoting years back, myself.

At least there wasn't already a game titled "Battlefield 1"

If you see what I'm getting at.
    Yeah, so the cases aren't exactly 1:1, but that definitely still makes this the worse offender.

Especially since, in the case of revival entries, sequels are generally specifically named in way that this wouldn't get confused with the original series. There's still time though, I suppose. Nothing to say they can't add a subtitle or something, but still...Oi.

Yukari

Yeah, so the cases aren't exactly 1:1, but that definitely still makes this the worse offender.

Especially since, in the case of revival entries, sequels are generally specifically named in way that this wouldn't get confused with the original series. There's still time though, I suppose. Nothing to say they can't add a subtitle or something, but still...Oi.

I mean the point I was making is that this is even worse.

To be honest I've always found it ridiculous when developers create a reboot or what-have-you and give it the exact same name as a game that already exists. So this is... Well you know.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    What do I want? For them to expand on Skirmish and turn it into a full-on Instant Action mode. I want the Clone Wars. And I want more locations from the get-go, not buried in the Season Pass.

What do I expect? The exact opposite.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • For the interested:
    https://vimeo.com/212842535

I imagine this'll be taken down pretty quickly, though.

Splitscreen Multi would be fantastic. Did BF1 not have that?

Dammit you beat me to it haha. I'm just excited for Darth Maul (I.e my favorite Sith character.)

The way it started off, it almost made it sound like we'll be getting a single player campaign - what do you think?

Years
  • For the interested:
    https://vimeo.com/212842535

I imagine this'll be taken down pretty quickly, though.

Splitscreen Multi would be fantastic. Did BF1 not have that?

omg i'm hyped

I was actually a fan of the first EA Battlefront, even with it's many flaws, simply because of the great experience it provided. And the first EA Battlefront did have splitscreen multiplayer, but the framerate suffered a lot on PS4.

I'm really glad we get to see ALL eras instead of just one. And I hope we get a good campaign too. But if EA gets this right it's looking like it could be an awesome Star Wars experience :)

Back