• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Event] 30-Day Gaming Challenge part...3!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riolu

Emanation Pokémon
Years
  • Day 11 - Gaming System of Choice

I think PCs are the best when it comes to gaming, although the consoles have some exclusives that I'd really like to try out.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Day 11 - Gaming System of Choice:
    PC just because of the huge selection of games. I hate console exclusives :p but I'm willing to buy nintendo

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • I'll keep it short to catch it up.

Day 8 - Best soundtrack

Chrono Cross has been my clear cut favorite since playing it back in the day. The music is just magical. Also love the music of Digital Devil Saga, Dark Cloud 2, Ace Attorney series, and Suikoden.

Day 9 - Saddest game scene

I'll admit that FFX's ending really got to me as a kid in middle school during that time. Was left with an empty feeling for a couple days, lol.

Day 10 - A game that is overrated

I don't know... I don't think FFVII is terrible by any stretch, but I don't agree with those that say it's the best RPG ever. Then again, this game gets as much hate now as it does praise.

Day 11 - Gaming System of Choice

Currently, it's the PS4 as they've been knocking it at the park this year with their exclusives. Favorite all-time though is easily the PS2; I have about 100 games for that thing.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • Day 12: A game Everyone Should play

When it comes to a game that everyone should play, one that comes to mind is DC Universe Online. Sure it is an MMO, but it one that takes place in the DC Universe. After all, it is pretty fun to create a character to fight alongside heroes such as Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman, or fight alongside villains such as The Joker, Lex Luthor, and Circe.

NightKrow

staying up all night
    Years
  • Day 12: A game Everyone Should play. Overwatch xD
    nah jk, I'd say Skyrim even though I haven't got very far in that yet :/
    and everyone must also spend an obscene amount of time on the character creation screen. It's an unwritten law of Skyrim or pretty much any game with character creation...

I think I played DC Universe Online once. that was a pretty cool game, although I didn't play it that much as it was on my dad's PS4 and I don't play on the PS4 much. It was a while back, I can barely remember whether I made a hero or a villain (I think I made a villain?)

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Day 12 - A game everyone should play.

Forza Horizon 3. Even if you don't like racing games. This is one to get and enjoy. Especially for the soundtrack.

Rukario

Banned
    Years
  • Day 12 - A game everyone should play:

Super Mario Bros. (NES, 1985)
    444214-super-mario-bros-nes-1985.jpg

It's also a perfect video game—as fun to play in its original form today as it was in 1985. Technically, it's flawless. Its controls, graphics, and sound are all spot-on and could not get any better for its narrative purpose.
    --PC Mag
    With the various versions and the builder, you can't go wrong with any Super Mario Bros, iteration.

Riolu

Emanation Pokémon
    Years
  • Day 12 - A game everyone should play

Team Fortress 2. People seem to hate it but I promise it's fun as hell with friends.

Years
  • Day 12 - A game everyone should play - I was gonna say Mario Kart but then I realised that when playing alone, the game doesn't have the same impact as it does with friends. So I'm gonna say Skyrim, just cause it's a game that can be played how the player wants it to be, set in a truly deep and wonderful world (and I'm a fanboy).

zevarius kerensky

i bid my timberwolf in defiance of yer claim!
    Years
  • day 12

probably *either* fallout new vegas or deus ex human revolution

loved em both, but im leaning more twards fallout new vegas on this

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • *forgets about this thread during finals and obnoxiously posts like 10 day's worth of replies at once*

Day 3 - A game that is underrated.
    Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories (especially in its original gba form). I mean, I know it's not a main numbered game but it's got a great story and the card battle system? One of the best battle systems in the series, fite me.

Day 4 - Your guilty pleasure game.
    One of my fave things in the world is buying a new Picross game and nolifing it for an entire weekend.

Day 5 - Game character you feel you are most like (or wish you were).
    You know? I used to hate Riku from Kingdom Hearts. Once I saw an old friend talk about how she hated Riku and then realized it was because he was a lot like her and internally I was like "lol that's not the case for me") and SURPRISE. I was an idiot. Sure, I'm not uh. As bad as Riku was, but I definitely have looked at friends jealously in the past, I've struggled with being an asshole in past actions, and in recent years I've really, really tried to be a better person because I know how important it is. This works double, because in 3D and onward, Riku has improved so much. He's one of my faves now that he's atoning for everything and trying to better himself and I only wish I can go that far myself. ;_;

Day 6 - Most annoying character.
    omg i feel bad bc he's just a kid but I couldn't stand Karol in Tales of Vesperia. o-|-<

Day 7 - Favorite game couple.
    see avatar. love me some problematic aruju. (even better is arujumilla tho. ot3 yo.)

Day 8 - Best soundtrack.
    NieR's. It's soooo good. Apparently Automata's is even better, but I haven't had a chance to play my copy yet.

Day 9 - Saddest game scene.
    Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII's ending. Just fuck me up. It's so painful, I bawled in public the day after I beat it just thinking about it. My friend who doesn't get emotional about anything called me at 6am when he beat the game because he was so messed up from it. It so perfectly weaves the gameplay in with the story and it's the worst because you KNOW from the start (if you've played FFVII) how it ends and you are still wholly unprepared for it.

Day 10 - A game that is overrated.
    Tales of Symphonia. God it did not age well. Although 14 year old me would legit fight me over this opinion, lmao.

Day 11 - Gaming system of choice.
    Maybe a tie between the DS (Lite or DSi) and Playstation Vita. I love the game library on DS a LOT. "Why not just say 3DS then, since it plays them too?" you ask? Because they look like garbage on 3DS and I'm not about that. (Either too small or too blurry.) Plus, it lost the region free feature. As for Vita, it's probably the single most pleasing electronic item I own but alas nogames. :(

Day 12 - A game everyone should play.
    idk, maybe tetris, lol. I don't think everyone SHOULD play every game. There are so many genres that forcing everyone to play a single game means it won't mean as much to them. Certainly some older games are technically impressive and you should endeavor to learn about them if you're into that sort of thing, but tbh you can get by not playing stuff if it's not your thing.

Day 13 - A game you've played more than five times.
    I think I've played Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep like 20+ times now?

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Day 13 - A game you've played more than five times.

I believe I have beaten Call Of Duty 4 at least five times, across both the original and remaster.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • Day 12 - A game everyone should play

Day 13 - A game you've played more than 5 times

Spoiler:

TheRose

Youtube Lets Player/Twitch Streamer
    Years
    • Age 34
    • NJ
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    can anyone jump in and answer up to the current day? i'd like to join the fun

Riolu

Emanation Pokémon
    Years
  • Day 13 - A game you've played more than five times

Portal! I liked the story so much that I've beaten it at least 5 or 6 times.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Day 12: A game Everyone Should play
    Skyrim

Day 13 - A game you've played more than five times
    Do you need to have beat it all the way through? I've played skyrim countless times, but only completed it 100% once...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back