• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Event] 30-Day Gaming Challenge part...3!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Day 27 - Most epic scene ever.

Probably the end of Modern Warfare 2, where you kill Shepard in an endless battle in a sandstorm.

Rukario

Banned
    Years
  • Day 27 - Most epic scene ever:

Portal 2 Final Boss Fight, The Turret Opera (and Ending, Song)
    + SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE.. we're in space.
    maxresdefault.jpg

space

we're in spaaaace!

RUNNER UP:

Call of Duty 4 - Nuke Scene
    call_of_duty_4__nuclear_blast_by_seanthebond.jpg

Last edited:

Riolu

Emanation Pokémon
    Years
  • Day 27 - Most epic scene ever

This one is Battlefield Hardline's ending.

(spoilers ahead)
    Spoiler:

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Day 28 - Favorite game developer.

Playground Studios. Folks behind the Forza Horizon games. Winner all three times.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • Day 27 - Most Epic Moment

I'm a sucker for big offensives

Day 28 - Favorite Game Dev

300px-Developer_-_Crowbar_Collective_-_logo.png

Used to be Valve or Bungie. Now my only hope is with Crowbar Collective

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Day 28: Favorite Video Game Developer - Supergiant Games

Absolutely love Supergiant Games. Developers of games as
    • Bastion
    • Transistor
    • Pyre (coming out this year)
    Great storytelling games with beautiful artwork, voice acting, and solid gameplay. Here's a trailer for their newest game.

Cellar Door Games is a close second. Made Rogue Legacy, one of my favorite indie games of all time, as well as this gem coming out soon which looks fucking amazing.

Years
  • Day 28 - Favorite game developer - Just for all the amazing memories they've given me over a few different games, I'm gonna say Bethesda. Square Enix is up there too but I just felt like I've spent so much more time playing Bethesda's games.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • Day 29: A game you thought you wouldn't like, but ended up loving

When it comes to a game that I thought that I wouldn't like but ended up loving is more of a "visual novel" type game. The one I am talking about is called Angels with Scaly Wings. I found it on Steam earlier this year. Course the characters in the game are actually dragons. My favorite character in the game happens to be the female wyvern, Adine. For the achievements in this game, I have 61 out of 63.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Day 29 - A game you thought you wouldn't like, but ended up loving.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.

Loved this from the moment I booted it up. Best open world game in a long long time.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Day 28: Favorite game developer
    Square Enix. There's a lot of others I like, but they either haven't made a lot of games, or I just don't like them as much :p

Day 29: A game you thought you wouldn't like, but ended up loving
    Fire Emblem Fates. I was initially turned off by the gameplay, but I ended up playing it a second time lol

NightKrow

staying up all night
    Years
  • ok gotta catch up but some of these are pretty difficult to answer considering the types of games I play

Day 21 - Game with the best story. The ones which allow you to create your own story ;)
    Day 22 - A game sequel which disappointed you. I wasn't that impressed with Civ V before its dlc's released, it just wasn't the same as Civ IV. I warmed up to Civ V eventually though.
    Day 23 - Game you think had the best graphics or art style. Super duper realistic graphics aren't that important to me, so I'll go for "art style" over "graphics" on this one. I think Don't Starve has a pretty nice art style, does a good job at making certain monsters look terrifying (looking at you, Deerclops).
    Day 24 - Favorite classic game. I think most games that count as "classics" are a bit before my time haha. Although Tetris is timeless so I'll go with that.
    Day 25 - A game you plan on playing. I wanna play Oxygen Not Included, idk whether to wait for later in development/steam sale or get it now.
    Day 26 - Best voice acting. Overwatch does have some pretty sweet voice acting.
    Day 27 - Most epic scene ever. ...is it bad that the HOTS/Overwatch crossover animated short comes to mind?
    Day 28 - Favorite game developer. Paradox obvs. also Blizz and Klei are pretty cool too I guess.
    Day 29 - A game you thought you wouldn't like, but ended up loving. This is where I say Overwatch again, but also Heroes of the Storm. Both come from genres I had next to no experience in before playing them (unless you count Splatoon and that one time I played Smite but never touched it again because I didn't like the controls.) I only started playing Heroes of the Storm a few days ago and it's growing on me. Have been watching videos on how not to be a noob.
    Also, Civ V, post-dlc. See above.

Rukario

Banned
    Years
  • Day 29 - A game you thought you wouldn't like, but ended up loving:

I almost never play games I think I'm not going to like so this is a tough one..

Gonna have to go with Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege
    Rainbow-Six.jpg

It turned out to be pretty fun for a while..

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • Day 29 - Game you didn't think you'd like but love

Day 30 - Best Game of All Time

Years
  • Day 29: A game you thought you wouldn't like, but ended up loving - Harvest Moon DS, at the time this was a game I thought I would have no interest in, due to the genre not being something I would usually play. However, I ended up falling in love with it and spent so many hours playing.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • Day 30: Best Game of All Time

When it comes to the best game of all time, I would have to go with the original Halo game. This game is what helped solidify the Xbox brand of consoles as very important in the console wars. Plus this game has had an anniversary edition and is part of the Master Chief Collection.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back