• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Far Cry 5 Discussion

Years
  • I thought I would start a discussion on this matter after rumors of the title being set in Montana and releasing later this year. What are your hopes for the next Far Cry and what you want in it?

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Less crafting. More batshit insane explosions and weapons.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • Did someone say set in Montana?

images.jpg

In seriousness though, I think they were more than likely just scouting the area to make a similar environment.

I hope for gameplay closer to Far-Cry 2 personally. Enough of all this mountain dew, short attention span shit with no difficulty. Bring back some actual mechanics like weapon maintenance and give me an actual story that doesn't glorify war as some overly heroic bullshit that everyone should want to do.

Oh and of course the graphics of FC2 are still better. Looks less like a little kid's coloring book.

Years
  • I'm hoping for gameplay like FC3 myself, that is my favorite title of the series. I would dispise weapon maintenance myself.

This more or less will be a day one purchase for me.

Arsenic

Years
  • I feel Far-Cry has lost it's way recently. It's just another empty Ubisoft open world with no life. I long for the days of looking at an actual map that the player pulls out and having almost no hud. FC2 was super duper uber immersive.

And way more interesting in about every way. There was actual difficulty in the game

(P.S. Here it is Xin)

Arsenic

Years
  • I posted a compilation of all of the trailers and my thoughts on what it looks like in DCC

Here's the compilation so it is in this thread as well.

T-shirts and high tension wires make it look to be a modern setting. And that makes me happy. I also love the idea of fighting in a first world country, as we should have a huge access to any weaponry you can think of!

Arsenic

Years
  • Maybe Hope County is where all the now PTSD stricken and combat addicted protagonists of all the games moved after their adventures : D lol

Last edited:

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Here is the official boxart, and holy moly, it's great.

DAmrLYiXsAA5xXP.jpg

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • I cant wait for the e3 trailer only to see some 76% expected ubisoft downgrades with a video from crowbcat just sh--t posting on the entire matter. Though obviously the game needs to be released for that crowbcat video to happen.

Sheet posting asides, seeing that box art thanks to ubisoft's facebook page did got me excited to the point where id consider it to be my mortal sin it i did not get a physical copy🍔

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    The official announcement trailer is here!!

Some quotables...

It's the first Far Cry game set in America.
    You can play the entire story solo or in two-player co-op.
    You play as the new junior deputy of fictional Hope County, Montana, players will find that their arrival accelerates a years-long silent coup by a fanatical doomsday cult, the Project at Eden's Gate. Protagonist is customisible meaning you can choose gender and skin color
    Villians name is Joseph Seed
    You can fly planes and take part in aerial dogfights.
    Vehicles include American muscle cars, ATVs, boats, and big rigs.
    Weapons include guns, grenades, sledgehammers, and baseball bats.
    You can recruit other people to fight for you.
    You can also recruit animals like bears and cougars.

Arsenic

Years
  • Who's got the Kool Aid recipe ready?

Also, where is the national guard? Why is a detective fighting this war? Being in the grunts!

Also you missed a couple few

Last edited:

Arsenic

Years
  • Y'know, I don't get all the "controversy" surrounding this game...

For years upon years we've had games in the middle east slaughtering "extremists". When games try and break further forward or backwards in time (and this have newer equipment and a real militarized enemy) everyone seems to freak out to boot. Too futury I want to go back to boots on the ground desert storm times and there's no extremist to fight!

Now we are going to slaughter the same enemy everyone seems to never want to stop fighting, but in America and WHOA WHOA WHOA THAT'S NOT OK WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU THESE AREN'T ISLAM BASED EXTREMISTS THEIR CATHOLIC BASED EXTREMEST THIS IS SO WRONG HOW COULD ANYONE SUPPORT THE SLAUGHTER OF WHITE AMERICANS AND CATHOLICS ARE NOTHING LIKE THESE GUYS AND ARE PEACEFUL WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU ALL

It's a double edged standard. It's perfectly fine to go to war as long as its a Muslim extremest group but bring it home and the exact same thing is no longer ok.

What are others thoughts on this stuff?

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
  • Hmm I may actually decide to buy this instalment. The premise is...curious, to say the least.

Back