• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Any way to have the Player have an empty party mid-game?

Is it possible to empty the Party to 0 mid-game and have a new 'starter' event without crashing the

• Nope! I know the P. Essentials scripts well and its totally impossible.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hmmm, seems totally reasonable but haven't worked it out myself...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes! I've done it/seen it in someone else's game...

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

HfB

Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2017
    Hallo! Here's a brief explanation of the plot of my game, (see below for question itself!): So basically I want my game's player to get imprisoned on a jail-ship in the middle of the sea and have all their pokémon taken away (and items too, if possible,– at least Medicine items, battle items, etc., if not Key items and TM's/HM's if that would be too difficult). Then it would be a cool narrative-based mini-chapter in the middle of the game on the ship where you have to work with both fellow prisoners (its a Rebel v. 'Team' Empire/imperial soldiers game, you're not some hardened killer or something!) and corrupt guards in order to get a smuggled Egg, hatch it, train it by obtaining an Old Rod on this black-market, and eventually get strong enough to beat the guards and escape into the sea via the lastly obtained HM Surf/Dive...

So basically I need Scripts/Events/etc. that could enable the Player party to become totally empty mid-game, and thereafter start with an Egg as a 'second' starter sequence. Since the Player has zero pokémon in the beginning of the game, is this totally possible as long as I code the game to ban you from all wild/trainer battles while pokémon-less? –I don't want the Player's pokémon to be scrapped of course, so either an involuntary or (if the scripts would be kinda blocky and we would have to get creative to work around its possibilities) voluntary storage of the pokémon in the PC to be re-obtained after this prison-ship chapter would be alright. Any one have any ideas? Has this been done before, have you seen it somewhere, or does it seem totally impossible/likely to make the game crash as it would be too script/code-heavy and liable to errors?

Thanks for the help! I'm new to Pokémon Essentials/RPG Maker XP so I'm rooting around to see if preëxisting scripts/ideas work before I try it from scratch...

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2018
    yes it is possible, a lot of people have done that already, very easy if you know a little coding knowledge in rmxp.

Years
    • Seen today
    Okay, so I made this a while ago but it still fits.
    Go to Script Section PokeBattle_Trainer (clean v16.2).
    Under attr_accessor(:language), add attr_accessor(:party2)
    Put this anywhere in the section:
    Code:
      def takeParty
          @party2 = @party
          @party = []
      end

def giveParty
          @party = @party2
          @party2 = []
      end
    When you switch parties, you will always lose what ever is stored in Party 2 (Once again, this is an older script, and that requirement wasn't part of it.).
    For taking Items, you can do this by saving $PokemonBag to a variable then calling $PokemonBag=PokemonBag.new.
    To give them back just set $PokemonBag to that variable.
    Code:
    $PokemonBag=game_variables[[I]Number you saved it to[/I]]

Back