• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your favorite spin-off?

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    I really enjoyed the Mystery Dungeon series, except the last one. They removed my favourite mechanic so I dols it off pretty quickly. Even if the storyline is pretty much the same, the gameplay is super fun and most of the characters are likeable. Also, who doesn't want to be a Pokémon?!

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • The Mystery Dungeon Series for sure, especially PMD Red & Blue Rescue Teams. I've played them more times than any Main Series Games. Loved how you got to roleplay a Pokemon, great storyline (loved the ending), good gameplay & you can catch every Pokemon legit.

Pika Pika :chu:

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    The Mystery Dungeon series but also Rumble! It's such a fun and cute series of games, and very simple to play, which is very welcome from time to time. I don't play Rumble as much as any of the maingames or Mystery Dungeon, but I haven't found myself bored with it yet at least.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Honestly I think Magikarp Jump hahah. I was never super into spinoffs and I really like Mystery Dungeon but it just didn't hook me (heh) as much as fishing up some cute Magikarp patterns did.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Haven't played too many of the spin-offs, but it's hard to not to say Colosseum/Gale of Darkness just because at that time, they were the closest thing to a full 3D Pokemon game. Pokemon Conquest needs some love as well. It was a solid strategy game, with a unique setting that could've definitely benefited from a sequel.

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
    Years
  • While Mystery Dungeon usually has a deep plot and allows you to actually develop a connection with your partner, I personally enjoyed the Ranger series. And no, it's not just about "drawing circles", there's a lot more to it than that. Shadows of Almia was the point where my Pokemon fandom actually started to take off and it introduced me to the cross-generational Sinnoh evolutions like Electivire, Gliscor and Rhyperior, which I had no idea existed, especially considering they weren't in the Sinnoh dex until Platinum. When I rediscovered the Ranger series a few years on after losing my copy, they were still just as fun as before, and I tried out Guardian Signs, which turned out to be a good choice.

Back