• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Debate: How portable is the Switch?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I think so! I mean, as long as I can put it in my bag - If I'm using a smaller purse it's a pretty bulky device and I just can't bring it with me, but as far as the battery and functionality goes, it's definitely portable. I don't bring it out of the house too much anyway, but I do carry it around the house if I want to play in bed or in a different room, etc.

That's only for SP though, I've tried playing with friends without the dock and it does work with the kickstand/detached joycons, but the screen is so tiny it's not really as fun.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    It is, but it's not as good imo :p I mostly play undocked and it's pretty nice.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I have brought it with me to play with while I'm in the waiting room at a doctor's office or waiting to get my haircut. I find it to be easily portable though, since you can remove both joy cons.

Two joy cons in one pocket, the screen in the other, success.

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
    Years
  • I believe so, I have always been amazed by the concept of it. A home console that you can play on your TV at home and then simply detach it if you want to take it on the go, I think I might actually get one very soon.

Yukari

in the time I've owned it I have never even once used it docked.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I think it's portable enough. Even though it might not quite fit into my pocket, it can still be carried around, so that still counts. In fact, I used my Switch on portable mode most of the time (while using it on docked mode on occasion).

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • It's not as small as a 3ds, but the Switch is still very portable. I've played mine in the car, on a plane, in school, etc. it fits very easily inside my backpack.

Back