• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] Making a custom trainer battle via a script

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2020
    I think the title says all of it. I'm trying to edit trainers without having to search through the entire list of trainers in G3T or PGE but I have no clue how to do it without those editors, so how would I make a fully custom one completely within a script? I've seen it done but no one's gon in-depth explaining how to do it or how it works. I'd like to not just know how to do it but also what each command means so I can ad lib one completely on my own.

Lance Koijer 2.0

Lance Koijer
    Years
  • What do you mean by custom trainer battles?
    It's kind of too general to conceptualize, do you mean just make a trainer battle script that lets you manipulate what will be its trainer ID, trainer Image&Palette, trainer AI value, Pokémon and what moves, level, held item and IV value do its Pokémon have, it's held item(s) and stuffs needed for a trainer battle? 'cuz man! that sounds too hard to make as you might be needing to modify the trainerbattle command or the hook that writes the data upon entering in a battle or executing the said command.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2020
    What do you mean by custom trainer battles?
    It's kind of too general to conceptualize, do you mean just make a trainer battle script that lets you manipulate what will be its trainer ID, trainer Image&Palette, trainer AI value, Pokémon and what moves, level, held item and IV value do its Pokémon have, it's held item(s) and stuffs needed for a trainer battle? 'cuz man! that sounds too hard to make as you might be needing to modify the trainerbattle command or the hook that writes the data upon entering in a battle or executing the said command.

I swear I've seen videos where people were able to set up a script that had a bunch of commands defining those things separately (as well as the music)

Lance Koijer 2.0

Lance Koijer
    Years
  • I swear I've seen videos where people were able to set up a script that had a bunch of commands defining those things separately (as well as the music)

It's not impossible to do but it's kind of difficult. If someone out there has made that, awesome.

Anyway, it really needs the routine that handles the trainerbattle command so it can be modified to use certain vars for some trainer data but the generation of Opponent Party Pokémon is a different thing.. it clearly needs a hardwork to do it.

Back