• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Polished Crystal (update 2.2.0)

FIQ

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    There was no 3.0.0 patch on that list to begin with, since 3.0.0 is still in beta.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2021
    So the 2.2.0 is the final version of this hack?

It's still being developed, go check it out on GitHub. If you want the latest version you have to build the game from source. The INSTALL.md file tells you how on github. Once enough things get fixed for a stable release then there be an official 3.0 IPS, but for now you'll have to use 2.20 or build from source for the latest updates

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021
    I played through the 2.2.0 version of this a few months ago, but when I'm using some of the codes I used in my second play through, they aren't working anymore.

I guess it's because I have a new commit? Does anyone have any codes for c7ebdea? Sorry to sound like a pain - people had millions of codes for older versions, shame they don't work now

Thanks a lot :D

Last edited:

FIQ

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    3.0.0 betas have different codes, yes, since things are shifted in RAM every now and then.

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I have not been keeping in touch with this thread regularly enough, has 3.0 released yet? I keep seeing references to the 3.0 beta but I don't see any download on GitHub. Is that still only available for beta testers?

Zero-G

on the fly
    Years
  • Out of curiosity, if the full release of 3.0 is 100%... how much would the beta I downloaded (c4ba267) be in terms of percentage?

I don't want to pressure you guys at all, I'm just curious as to what more to be excited for in the future.

EDIT
    Sheer Force doesn't block Life Orb recoil somehow. I have a Nidoking with Sheer Force and it takes LO recoil after attacking with either of Earth Power, Sludge Bomb and Ice Beam.

EDIT #2
    Looks like while Sheer Force does not cancel out Life Orb recoil, LEVITATE somehow does. Life Orb Mismagius doesn't take recoil when using Dazzling Gleam or Shadow Ball. I figure that's an oversight or an accidental switch-up...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2019
    i have been playing the faithful 2.2.0 patch and looks like the Battle Tower is glitched because in the lv90 challenge i got a Clear Bell as a reward and in lv100 i got 5 Ragecandybar instead of the 5 mineral drinks, also looks like that in Viridian City Gym you can get trapped in one of the red arrows aiming up to a trainer

sorry if my english is bad

Years
  • Hey there,

I've been playing commit c4ba267 on Nuzlocke mode and just beat the Lighthouse in Olivine. I noticed when I encountered a Tentacruel in the wild it showed I had not caught one, even though I was surfing on one. I checked my Pokedex and saw a few mons had not registered either. Meganium, Tentacruel, and Umbreon are a few I've seen had not registered (as caught, it's only seen). I got these mons through evolution.

Edit: Actually Meganium is not registered as seen either.

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    hey I hadn't played this in forever before starting up the 3.0.0 beta and I am working on getting the togepi from Elm's assistant. Trying to get a good nature/ability combo I mean. Is there any means to shuffle abilities like with an ability capsule or perhaps an NPC who does it? I keep getting hustle alongside natures such as timid or bold and I wanna know if there's such a feature available to overcome that particular roadblock if at all.

Zero-G

on the fly
    Years
  • hey I hadn't played this in forever before starting up the 3.0.0 beta and I am working on getting the togepi from Elm's assistant. Trying to get a good nature/ability combo I mean. Is there any means to shuffle abilities like with an ability capsule or perhaps an NPC who does it? I keep getting hustle alongside natures such as timid or bold and I wanna know if there's such a feature available to overcome that particular roadblock if at all.

Ability Capsules are implemented. If you can't wait for the actual location, try wondertrading in Goldenrod. Sometimes a traded mon can hold an Ability Cap.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler #2:
    Spoiler:

Back