• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Assistance requested: Orange Islands information.

ChronicEdge

Space Lion
Years
I'm going to start this off by saying that I really had no idea of where I should stick this, but that this may well not be the right place, so if a mod wants to move it, (b'-')b.

Aaaaaaanyway, I'm in need of certain information for a writing project. What information, you may ask? Why, information regarding the Orange Islands, of course! I'm not seeking any information in particular; it's more like I'm in need of general information regarding the islands (so, basically, any and all new information will be vastly appreciated).

Here's what I've got so far:

• The names of four islands - Fire Island (Temple of Moltres), Ice Island (Articuno), Lightning Island (Zapdos), and Shamouti Island (A fairly large, decently inhabited island that, once a year, holds some sort of festival dedicated to the three Legendary Bird Pokemon). These islands served as the setting for Pokemon: The Movie 2000. It was revealed in the movie that Lugia slumbers in the center of these four islands; deep in sleep at the bottom of the ocean.
  • The Orange Islands are located to the south of Cinnabar Island and the Seafoam Islands. The Orange Islands have a climate more tropical than that of Kanto, and this, coupled with their relative isolation, has led to a fair number of "oddly-colored" Pokemon that inhabit the islands...
  • The Orange Islands do not have a typical Gym League, but they do have four different gyms located on four of the eight islands (in other words, every island except for Shamouti, Ice, Fire, or Lightning Island). In these special gyms, trainers may be required to perform other tasks than battling, such as racing around a pool on the back of one of their Pokemon, etc.
Well, anyway, that's about what I have. If anyone has any information that I have not mentioned (in particular the names of the other islands/cities), I would be incredibly grateful if you would share it with me. Thank you, and I apologize for not being able to make any more specific requests (I'm still not entirely sure about what I'll need for my project).

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Appearntly Season two is set on the Orange Islands, so if you have access to those vids...

If I recall, there was another small island where the pokemon there, were all a pink colour because they ate a certain type of berry.

EDIT: Found the Pink berry topic: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pinkan_Berry

Also at some point, the manga also takes place on the Orange Island, though I am unsure at which point that is (volume etc).

This might also prove to be a good site, as it also lists episodic reference:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Orange_Archipelago

ChronicEdge

Space Lion
Years
If I recall, there was another small island where the pokemon there, were all a pink colour because they ate a certain type of berry.

EDIT: Found the Pink berry topic: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pinkan_Berry

o: I remember that. There was a pink Rhydon. <3

Thanks for the links! I knew about season two. Should've said something.

EDIT: Oh, damn, this was everything that I needed to know! Thanks a ton, Darkly! <3

You're one of my new favorite people.

BUG♥CATCHER★BREEZE

Lurker from the deep
Years
I wish I could whip out my book on the Orange Islands and help you with this, but I lost it a few years ago. It would be a good place to check information on the islands.
The best way to find information would be to re watch the episodes and go from there...

dark_giratina

Being of Emotion
Years
I think, not entirely sure, there was this gym on the orange islands on one of the old shows where Ash had ot win a badge by being the first one to sledge down a snowy mountain, I think

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I think, not entirely sure, there was this gym on the orange islands on one of the old shows where Ash had ot win a badge by being the first one to sledge down a snowy mountain, I think
That would be Danny's Gym, which is found on Navel Islands, in the southeastern portion of the Orange Islands. The challenge at his Gym is to freeze a geyser, turn it into a thread, and use it in a race against Danny down a mountain. I guess you could also include the fact that challengers have to climb the mountain without the help of Pokemon as part of the Gym challenge.

but they do have four different gyms located on four of the eight islands
I hope that you now know that there are way more than eight islands in the Orange Islands.

Back