• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Need a sixth member for my Black team

Years
Guys, I need help deciding a sixth team member.

I am using only Unova region Pokemon at the moment.

I sent my Archeops and Sawsbuck into retirement in the PC.

I currently have:

Samurott
Gothitelle
Chandelure
Excadrill (training)
Hydreigon

Please decide a sixth team member for me to train.

(I'm deciding between my Leavanny and Mienshao and I can't think which one to pick)

d4rka8isz

Is Confused.
Years
I'd choose Leavanny because your Excadrill and Chandelure are both weak to water and you have no types with an advantage over it. Plus, if the water type knows ice type moves, that would cause problems for your hydreigon. Of course, it is your choice.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Teams generally should have movesets listed in this section because it's mainly for rating teams rather than deciding something for a team. However like the above user, I'll also give you advice at first and then maybe you can type out your movesets and such and see if the rest of us can improve upon that for you. :)

Either way, you definitely have a weakness to Scrafty (and other fighting types generally aka Terrakion/Virizion w/ X-Scissor while Stone Edge I guess for Chandelure) - with only Samurott not being majorly hurt by Scrafty's STABs. If you go for Mienshao, you can outspeed and kill Scrafty before it poses any threat to everyone else. Generally you'll want to give Mienshao High Jump Kick, its strongest STAB, as well as U-turn which could also hurt it, and with Regenerator it can easily take damage from Scrafty and switch out, then return later to be annoying.

But yeah, four Pokemon being weak to one Pokemon and nothing to really check it at least isn't good. :x

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
You should post the movesets. I'd recommend going with Mienshao with Fake Out, HJK, U-turn and a fourth filler move (competitive battlers use Hidden Power Ice, but that's only for Gliscor and not needed here. Besides, it's a pain to get good HP in-game). This would also balance your team on the physical/special attacking scale.

Back