• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Graphics] Inserting Sprite help

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2023
    So I have this sprite here:

imgur.com/llN3Q1q

I did everything I was suppose to do, but the game creates an extremely glitched version of the sprite.

Can anyone help?

I decreased color depth. I switched pallet with background and layered it to the original. I tried putting it in both advance sprite editor and g3t.

The regular version is fine, but the shiny is fucked up.

I was able to fix it after working on it for hours.

Thanks

Last edited:
    Years
  • I actually can't go on PGE, because i patched my fire red for more features.
    So i was able to manually change pallets to fit the sprite in.
    I have an issue with icons tho. Can you help?
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=423158
    Thanks either way.

I don't recommend using G3HS.
    PGE is more user and beginner friendly.

Well, the only way for you to fix that graphic glitch is to write down the icon offset.
    Use NSE and navigate to that offset and fix it there.

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2023
    I don't recommend using G3HS.
    PGE is more user and beginner friendly.

Well, the only way for you to fix that graphic glitch is to write down the icon offset.
    Use NSE and navigate to that offset and fix it there.

How do you find the icon offset?

i was trying to do that, but i just didn't know how to find the offsets for icons.

Thank you!

Last edited:
    Years
  • How do you find the icon offset?
    i was trying to do that, but i just didn't know how to find the offsets for icons.
    Thank you!

Well, I am not familiar with G3HS. So i can't tell.
    PGE has this sprite offset location both for Pokemon Fronts, Backs and Icon, so i case if anything happens.
    You can maneuver yourself to these offsets via NSE to fix any errors.
    I don't know if G3T or G3HS have this function.
    Or if G3HS has sprite editor within it.
    And if there are none, Then there are no solutions. Ignore the errors or rebuild the ROM using PGE.

OR
    Get PGE anyway, and edit its .ini to match your ROM so your ROM can be read by PGE.

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2023
    Well, I am not familiar with G3HS. So i can't tell.
    PGE has this sprite offset location both for Pokemon Fronts, Backs and Icon, so i case if anything happens.
    You can maneuver yourself to these offsets via NSE to fix any errors.
    I don't know if G3T or G3HS have this function.
    Or if G3HS has sprite editor within it.
    And if there are none, Then there are no solutions. Ignore the errors or rebuild the ROM using PGE.

OR
    Get PGE anyway, and edit its .ini to match your ROM so your ROM can be read by PGE.

Okay I will try! Thanks! lol

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2021
    I have the same problem

When i use PGE, i cant transfer regigigas sprite

When i transfer other sprite, it works perfectly

Pls help me

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2021
    when i open rom that i modified with PGE
    i cant modified it with advance sprite editor,advance sprite positon editor,yape,g3hs,

Years
  • i already use pokemon fire red 1.0
    i'm not using pokemon fire red 1.1
    i only use 1.1 for randomizers

Ah, my bad. I didn't read correctly. You said after using PGE? That's simply because the .ini files for Advance Series, G3HS etc are made for vanilla ROM's. By copying the offsets from PGE's .ini, you can modify the Advance Series, G3HS etc .ini's.

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2021
    Ah, my bad. I didn't read correctly. You said after using PGE? That's simply because the .ini files for Advance Series, G3HS etc are made for vanilla ROM's. By copying the offsets from PGE's .ini, you can modify the Advance Series, G3HS etc .ini's.

oh thank you very much
    i really appreciate it

Back