• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bright windows and doors in Gen III

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 3, 2022
Hey Everyone, i'm here with a noob proof tutorial.

This is my method for making bright windows and doors just using two very common tools: Dns and Advance Map.

nGN2xKC.png

Spoiler: Option

1- Open Your Rom with Advance map, and select a map.

4AWz119.png

2- Open the bloks editor and find the correct palette for the window we want to make bright.

nvQpIgC.png

3- Export the tileset (in this case the tileset2)

oMAonH4.png

4- Export the palette in .act format, it make some palette changes faster using PS.

CCliG9C.png

5- Now open an unused palette, in this case i choose the seventh and load the palette that we have exported before.

CXT31s1.png

6- Make sure that the changes to this palette are saved

oYcxHm7.png

7- Open the tileset with paint and just copy the tiles with the windows and doors

nBTvSMN.png

8- Delete in the first sheet of tiles the stuff that we want to make bright and leave it invariate in the second sheets of tiles.

pRFRtLc.png

9- import the edited tileset in advance map.

YuSjw0b.png

10- Edit the main tile and be sure that the up layer is the trasparent one
ATTENTION! Use the original palette, in this case Palette8, or when you open the game everything in that tile would be bright!

qqZppGK.png

11- Edit the down layer using the new palette. Save Everything and close Advance Map.

Aoz5mAx.png

12- Open the rom in DNS and install the RTC, deselect the palette 7 and insert DAN!

qUiYmkz.png

13- Reopen the roms in Advance map and be sure that the tile that you edited work proprely, if the inside of the windows is completely black just do again the step 5 and 6.

0D2LVjA.png

14- Finish, that's it. test your rom and enjoy.

hrNo9fC.png

I hope that this tutorial will be useful, and tell me if some of the steps are not clear.

Credits: DNS by Prime-Dialga and Advance Map by Lu-Ho

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 9, 2024
I'm experiencing some difficulties. For some reason when I try to implement the tileset to pal7 it stays black. I load the palette of 8 separately into pal7 making everything seem fine and do everything else in the tutorial after but the game shows the edited parts of the tiles as black. I go back to the block editor and the entirety of pal7 is black again. Not sure if this is it but I wasn't able to use .act files so I used .dib instead.

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
Years
I'm experiencing some difficulties. For some reason when I try to implement the tileset to pal7 it stays black. I load the palette of 8 separately into pal7 making everything seem fine and do everything else in the tutorial after but the game shows the edited parts of the tiles as black. I go back to the block editor and the entirety of pal7 is black again. Not sure if this is it but I wasn't able to use .act files so I used .dib instead.

Under the palette tab in the block editor, you need to write palette changes to ROM after inserting your palette.

Back