• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
First of all hello im currently hacking firered . Utnil now i could solve any problem i had by looking into this sites tutorials.
I searched everywhere but i couldn't find a solution.

The basic idea is that once you enter your houses living room your mom comes to you and gives you the running shoes. Everything works fine except for the running shoes.
If i leave the house and press b the hero doesnt start sprinting

Here's the script and thanks in advance for anybody who helps me out :) .

Spoiler:

I didn't even need to look at your script. I have found in past experience that for some reason, you can't change when the running shoes are given to you or ot causes them not to work until reaching a certain city. Don't ask why, I don't know. However, I did find that this can be fixed by applying the knowlege found in HackMew's Running Shoes Indoors. This should fix it for you.

Years
  • Seen May 7, 2014
@Shadowraze and Hoenn

Thanks alot, the script seems to be working perfectly now, as I wished :)
Thank you very much (:

Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2014
I didn't even need to look at your script. I have found in past experience that for some reason, you can't change when the running shoes are given to you or ot causes them not to work until reaching a certain city. Don't ask why, I don't know. However, I did find that this can be fixed by applying the knowlege found in HackMew's Running Shoes Indoors. This should fix it for you.

Thank you very much it worked.

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
Years
Ooookay. This happened. I had set a maptile script according to a tutorial and changed the FFFF to 0 and all that and the events worked fine, in an infinite loop...

Spoiler:

There's the script. Anyone know why it's going in a loop like this?

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Ooookay. This happened. I had set a maptile script according to a tutorial and changed the FFFF to 0 and all that and the events worked fine, in an infinite loop...

Spoiler:

There's the script. Anyone know why it's going in a loop like this?
Sounds like the script is loaded from a part of the script header that is accessable all the time when the player is on the map. So everytime the script ends, the script is interpreted again (after an extremely short delay), so it looks like it's going on in infinite loop while in fact, the game just knows that it should interpret this script data again since it's loaded with that part of the script header.

To fix things up, try switching the value that determines the "type" of this script, so that is loaded only when the map is entered.

The following is unlikely but I see it being possible too;
If what I just said doesn't fix the problem, that script may need some command that breaks loop in the end of the script. This would be a normal "while...break" case in programming but the game makers probably didn't program the game to require anything like this.

Aethestode

Hacker
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Hello, I need help with hacking FireRed.

I want to know how to hack Pokemon Evolution. I know there are some programs that allows you to do it, but they are limited to what already existed in [COLOR=blue !important][FONT=inherit !important][COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=inherit ! important]the [/FONT][COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=inherit ! important]game[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR]. I want to create different type of evolution, e.g.

- Mutation
- Fusion
- Location Evolution

Furthermore, is there a way to create more evolution items? I want to evolve pokemon like Poliwhirl to politoad by just giving it a King's rock, but it doesn't work. Thank you.

My next question is, are there a way to temporarily change the sprite of the main protagonist? In my game, I want the main character to dress up as team rocket, but I got no idea how I can do it. Thank you.

If someone can send me a link to a guide would be much appreciated.

karatekid552

Years
Hello, I need help with hacking FireRed.

I want to know how to hack Pokemon Evolution. I know there are some programs that allows you to do it, but they are limited to what already existed in [COLOR=blue !important][FONT=inherit !important][COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=inherit ! important]the [/FONT][COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=inherit ! important]game[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR]. I want to create different type of evolution, e.g.

- Mutation
- Fusion
- Location Evolution

Furthermore, is there a way to create more evolution items? I want to evolve pokemon like Poliwhirl to politoad by just giving it a King's rock, but it doesn't work. Thank you.

My next question is, are there a way to temporarily change the sprite of the main protagonist? In my game, I want the main character to dress up as team rocket, but I got no idea how I can do it. Thank you.

If someone can send me a link to a guide would be much appreciated.

There is a tutorial (that I wrote) about making new evolution stones in the tutorials section.

New types of evolution; it's possible but will require ASM.

This is a feature of JPAN's Hacked Engine for FireRed. It is called "runtime character customization".

horcruxrocks

Pokemon Lover
Years
  • Seen Aug 6, 2016
Hey read this script
Spoiler:

When i go to the person and talk to him.
The first msgbox text comes.But then the item is not given and the 2nd msgbox directly comes when i go and talk to him next time.
Whats wrong?

-Horcrux

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
Years
To fix things up, try switching the value that determines the "type" of this script, so that is loaded only when the map is entered.

I tried doing this, now all I get is a black screen...

If what I just said doesn't fix the problem, that script may need some command that breaks loop in the end of the script. This would be a normal "while...break" case in programming but the game makers probably didn't program the game to require anything like this.

How would I do this?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Hey read this script
Spoiler:

When i go to the person and talk to him.
The first msgbox text comes.But then the item is not given and the 2nd msgbox directly comes when i go and talk to him next time.
Whats wrong?

-Horcrux
Use different flag. Flags under 200 are most likely used in game.

thetripplenine

tripple.
Years
So, i'm having trouble doing a trainerbattle and then having the person disappear after walking away, but he keeps returning

My script is:
Spoiler:

karatekid552

Years
So, i'm having trouble doing a trainerbattle and then having the person disappear after walking away, but he keeps returning

My script is:
Spoiler:

You need to set the flag in his person ID and the do a hidesprite command after he walks away. That should do the trick.

horcruxrocks

Pokemon Lover
Years
  • Seen Aug 6, 2016
What are the flags and Vars that we should basically use
One more question Diff b/w Var and flag is that
Flag lets an event happen once and Var lets it happen acc. to our specifications right?
And what happens when we use clearflag that means this flag will be cleared?
And we can use it again?

One more question related to Truck thing in LITTLEROOT TOWN.
In A-Map Events tab i deleted the truck event.But when i open my rom i still enter the map through truck what shall i do?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
What are the flags and Vars that we should basically use
Diego's tutorial has a list of free flags.

One more question Diff b/w Var and flag is that
Flag lets an event happen once and Var lets it happen acc. to our specifications right?
And what happens when we use clearflag that means this flag will be cleared?
And we can use it again?
Yes. Clearflag clears the use of flag so it can be used again.

One more question related to Truck thing in LITTLEROOT TOWN.
In A-Map Events tab i deleted the truck event.But when i open my rom i still enter the map through truck what shall i do?
You can use Start Map Editor Advance to change the start map.

Gyrath

Pokemon Lurid Creator
Years
Ok, So im having a little problemo here. My script starts but doesnt continue to the next part. Any suggestions? I'm still a beginner.

#dyn 0x740000
#org @main
lock
faceplayer
message @intro
callstd MSG_NORMAL
setflag 0x2010
jump @start
DOESNT GO TO #ORG @START
#org @start
lock
checkflag 0x2025
if 0x1 jump :end
setflag FR_POKEMON
countpokemon
compare LASTRESULT 6
if == jump @noroom
addpokemon EEVEE 0x5 ORANBERRY 0 0 0
setflag 0x2025
storepokemon 0 EEVEE
message @get-msg
fanfare 0x101
showmsg
waitfanfare
waitbutton
:end
release
end

#org @noroom
msgbox @noroom-msg
callstd MSG_NOCLOSE
release
end

#org @noroom-msg
= You don't have enough room in your party.

#org @get-msg
= You got a \v\h02!\pNow, my Grandson will be waiting\nfor you in Dream City.\pWith him you will find Martin.\pThe legend of Rayquaza might be\ntrue.\pTalk with Martin to find out more.

#org @intro
= Hello \v\h01!.\pIt is your 13th birthday and I\npromised that I would give you a...\pPokemon!!

karatekid552

Years
Ok, So im having a little problemo here. My script starts but doesnt continue to the next part. Any suggestions? I'm still a beginner.

#dyn 0x740000
#org @main
lock
faceplayer
message @intro
callstd MSG_NORMAL
setflag 0x2010
jump @start
DOESNT GO TO #ORG @START
#org @start
lock
checkflag 0x2025
if 0x1 jump :end
setflag FR_POKEMON
countpokemon
compare LASTRESULT 6
if == jump @noroom
addpokemon EEVEE 0x5 ORANBERRY 0 0 0
setflag 0x2025
storepokemon 0 EEVEE
message @get-msg
fanfare 0x101
showmsg
waitfanfare
waitbutton
:end
release
end

#org @noroom
msgbox @noroom-msg
callstd MSG_NOCLOSE
release
end

#org @noroom-msg
= You don't have enough room in your party.

#org @get-msg
= You got a \v\h02!\pNow, my Grandson will be waiting\nfor you in Dream City.\pWith him you will find Martin.\pThe legend of Rayquaza might be\ntrue.\pTalk with Martin to find out more.

#org @intro
= Hello \v\h01!.\pIt is your 13th birthday and I\npromised that I would give you a...\pPokemon!!

Put an "end" after the jump @start.
Remove the "lock" after the @start.
Don't use flags over 900: refer to this list: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=6829256&postcount=158
Change ":end" to @end
There really isn't a need for the @start section to have it's own label. It would have done fine under the @main label without the need for a jump.

Gyrath

Pokemon Lurid Creator
Years
Put an "end" after the jump @start.
Remove the "lock" after the @start.
Don't use flags over 900: refer to this list: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=6829256&postcount=158
Change ":end" to @end
There really isn't a need for the @start section to have it's own label. It would have done fine under the @main label without the need for a jump.

Thanks! It worked!
However It only works "once".
This might be a file problem but when I played the game the script worked fine. I wanted to see my Eevee's nature and it was "hardy". I didn't like it so I closed the game and opened up a fresh.
But then when I talk to the NPC. He just says the first line and doesn't go on with the script.
Solutions?

karatekid552

Years
Thanks! It worked!
However It only works "once".
This might be a file problem but when I played the game the script worked fine. I wanted to see my Eevee's nature and it was "hardy". I didn't like it so I closed the game and opened up a fresh.
But then when I talk to the NPC. He just says the first line and doesn't go on with the script.
Solutions?

Probably the flag you used, which is over 900, which overlaps ram used for other things, which could have been changed by something else.

No flags over 900!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back