• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Dark Shadows

What Starter should have the second event?

• Treecko

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Mudkip

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Torchic

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Cyndaquil

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Chikorita

• Bulbasaur

• Charmander

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Squirtle

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neon Hydra

Master of Visibillity
Years
o you mean you can't come back the way you came?

ok i will fix that...

EDIT: Sunman it isn't you just checked and it is the game i am going to fix it momentarally...

removed the wild data for that area... It had goten corupted some how. The encounder rate was -1

Last edited:

Neon Hydra

Master of Visibillity
Years
well lots of things happen when somthing messes up.....

even if they don't make sense...

btw I fixed the bugs and will release the new bug fxed one asap after i finish my home work :) Thanks for pointing the bugs out guys

Neon Hydra

Master of Visibillity
Years
ok guys I have uploaded the bug fixes patch.... You can get it here or on the first post by clicking teaser 0.4

I fixed the corrupt data on the first grass and put a hole in the second gym that takes you back to the front. Please post any bugs so I can fix them...

-Neon Hydra

tjwilliams24

Gone.
Years
umm maybe i patched wrong but i think this is a problem. i downloaded the lastest bugfix patch and this is what i got. i got my trainer next to the 2nd gym leader and up on the top of the gym were 2 trainers and a pokeball. i would sent it to you but i dont know how to upload without a photobucket account, which i dont have...

Neon Hydra

Master of Visibillity
Years
I would recommend leaving the gym and returning...

otherwise try repatching because i tested all of it..

btw you can uplaod images onto PC under your profile
please send me an image

Last edited:

Neon Hydra

Master of Visibillity
Years
I saw it...... I double checked and there are no event there on the game... I suggest trying to patch another rom and if the problem continues i will make a new patch (try .ips)

Neon Hydra

Master of Visibillity
Years
so the teleport doesn't show up? There should be a hole right beside him in the new patch

tjwilliams24

Gone.
Years
I'm just going to start over when the next beta/alpha comes out. I re-patched but it didn't work, so I'll just wait. You know the cave you go through to get to the first gym? There is a sign in there that says something about cerulean city. i would take a screenshot but i cant get out of the gym...

Neon Hydra

Master of Visibillity
Years
Thanks I will fix the sign. You don't have to start over. Just start the version before the bug fixes and leave the gym using the walk through walk code. save and start up the new version. It will work then. That way you keep your save file.

tjwilliams24

Gone.
Years
I tried using walk through walls, but it wouldnt even let me leave the gym. As i walked up to the door, it just kept an arrow showing the direction out, even witb walkthrough walls off. it might just be a bad rom, i dont know

tjwilliams24

Gone.
Years
i finished my school essay early so i redownloaded. i encountered one problem from the first time, when going to Peatrin City(or town, im not sure) i had to use walkthrough walls to get into the town right after i got out of the cave...also, this time, i wasnt able to pick up dropped pokeballs and go through a path...ill put the pictures on my profile

Neon Hydra

Master of Visibillity
Years
Fixed the not able to enter city part....

what pokeballs do you mean?

EDIT: just checked.... They got corupted some how.... I have no clue what might be causeing these problems. I removed them for the time being

Last edited:

tjwilliams24

Gone.
Years
also, its not a bug, but it is talking about oak. when you go to the first town besides your homo and go to the store, the shopkeeper says "Oak's parcel" not "Flint's parcel" and when you bring the parcel back to professor flint it says " *Character* gave Oak's Parcel" instead of Flint's...just a suggestion

Neon Hydra

Master of Visibillity
Years
Ya those texts don't show up in A-text and i'm afraid to use a decompiler to edit them as the new text would be larger than the old one....

This would overwrite data and I think it is from me doing simmilar stuff that messed up the pokeball items. I will put them back in later with new scripts.

tjwilliams24

Gone.
Years
alright no problem. the only other suggestion i would have is fill your home town in a little bit more. maybe add some flowers or something, i mean unless you purposely put it like that which wouldnt be bad

Neon Hydra

Master of Visibillity
Years
Ya once again currently i am setting up the plot/main walkthrough. I will go back after and add details, ect, ect

I am thinking of replacing the pokeballs with hidden items as they don't need scripts to avoid corruption ect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back