• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: New Posts Search Function

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
  • As far as I can tell, this idea isn't implemented, but I may be wrong, in which case, sorry.
    I think when you use the New Posts feature, you should be able to search for new posts in a specific section. This should especially help the moderators who are looking for new posts that they have to inspect.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
    Years
  • As far as I can tell, this idea isn't implemented, but I may be wrong, in which case, sorry.
    I think when you use the New Posts feature, you should be able to search for new posts in a specific section. This should especially help the moderators who are looking for new posts that they have to inspect.

Well there is a search function where you can search for the threads and posts on the same row as where the User CP is, it should say "Search".

And I'm pretty sure PokéCommunity used to have an RSS feed, it's hard to find where the RSS thingy is nowadays. I know there's "Today's Posts" on the same row as the User CP is.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
  • Try this:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/search.php?do=getnew&forumid=

...and append a forum index number to the end, after the '='. For example, I have 156 (Emulation) bookmarked so that I can always be up to date with the happenings in my section.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    There's an even easier way than what colcolstyles said.

Simply go to "Forum Tools" at the top of a forum and click the third option down (Subscribe to this forum or something). That'll allow you to subscribe to that forum, which means you can then click a button next to new posts (only for those who have forums they're already subscribed to).

^ Then click that and it'll always show whether the forums you're subscribed to have posts or not. It's much easier than a direct url (plus the forum displays in your usercp, too). And you can subscribe to as many forums as you want~

Back