• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Use or Lose?

Years
  • I need someone's help to tell me if this is a a good team!

1. Charizard -A good all out attacker, great stats
    2. Cloyster- My defensive wall: Good HP, Great physical DF, amazing abilities!
    3. Vileplume- Works amazing with SP Attack, especially with Charizard's Sunny Day!
    4. Espeon- My sweeper. It can inflict confusion with Confuse Ray, and is deadly with Psychic and Psybeam!
    5. Rotom- All around. It can inflict confusion and paralysis, and Substitute can come in handy alot!

Feel free to reply with a different view on this, I would love to see your thoughts and opinions. Thanks!

~Spys

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
  • If you add a Fighting-type to your team, you will be able to cover your current team's weaknesses to Rock and Dark (Two are weak and none are resistant). There are a couple of Elite Four Pokemon that will utilize these moves; so catch one of those, and your team will have perfect defensive synergy. Hope this helps.

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2023
    If it's Y, then teach Charizard solarbeam since he gets drought (when mega evolved), that'll take care of his rock weakness.

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • Truth be told, Cloyster is more effective as a sweeper than a physical wall. You want Skill link, so he can fire off awesome Icicle Spears and Rock Blasts. Combine that with Shell Smash to boost his speed and attack and use either Ice Shard or Razor Shell as the final move.

My Cloyster looks like this:
    Crenshaw @ Focus Sash
    Skill Link
    Jolly (-Sp. atk. + Speed)
    Evs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
    -Shell Smash
    -Icicle Spear
    -Rock Blast
    -Razor Shell

Note, I mainly use him in Rotation battles, but he'll function best as the lead in a regular match. Focus Sash will allow you to almost always successfully pull of a Shell Smash, after that it take take lots of mons Single handedly. He's guaranteed to carry his weight in the Battle Maison, and is one of my favorite team members overall.

If you want something that's really good at both confusing and paralyzing, go for Sableye or Klefki, their Prankster ability will make it a lot easier for you. If you wanna stick with Rotom, I'd suggest changing his form into the Laundry machine one. It has good defensive stats and typing and is able to hit fairly hard as well.

Alright, your Espeon doesn't need two Psychic attacks, just stick with either Psychic or Psyshock. Dazzling Gleam is a good choice to take out Dragons and Dark types, so that's a handy move to keep around. Grass Knot and Shadow Ball can also be used to provide you some extra coverage. If I were you I'd ditch Confuse ray, simply because Espeon is much better of attacking. Pair him up with a Life orb, Choice Specs or an Expert belt to maximize your damage output.

Lucario would be a nice addition to your team, combining the useful resistances of the steel types, while also providing great coverage with its Fighting type.

Hope this helps you a bit! =)

Last edited:
    Back