• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Graphics] Changing the Fire Red battle HUD (The box around the HP bar)

Years
  • Hi all, I'm looking for a way to change the battle hud for my rom hack. I do realise that the HP bar is a completely different beast in and of itself, so for now I'm looking for a way to upload my own image and edit the pallet data for the HUD. Info regarding changing the font color would be appreciated as well. If anyone has the information I"m looking for it would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: If anyone is having trouble finding the offsets for the pallets open up Visual Boy Advance, go into a battle, open up pallet viewer and it's just a little trial and error with APE until you find the correct offset. I'd give it to you, but unfortunately my pallets have been repointed so my offsets will be completely different than yours.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Thanks, How do I open the file though? I loaded it in NSE2, but there aren't any bookmarks. for the battle images. And furthermore, when I try to preview the images within the book marks they don't work properly.

You need to paste them in NSE 2.0 -> Core -> Bookmarks

After that open NSE -> Options -> Choose Bookmarks -> Choose the file you just pasted.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hey thanks, I got the bookmarks, unfortunately some of them seem to be corrupted.

Alot of them have Image: 6343 and palette 6144 for some weird reason lol. I tried this on a blank rom as well, just to make sure that it wasn't my rom. Also I didn't see a tab for the battle box that goes around the hp bar. A lot of the other info in these bookmarks is quite useful, though so thank you.

That's very strange, never heard anyone having that issue before. Do you have a screenshot perhaps? Maybe I can see something is wrong. The battle boxes should be under ''Battle Interface''.

Years
  • That's very strange, never heard anyone having that issue before. Do you have a screenshot perhaps? Maybe I can see something is wrong. The battle boxes should be under ''Battle Interface''.

Hey I double checked your post to make sure I followed your directions properly and I DID NOT. SO yea... It worked perfectly. Thank you very much. I deleted my previous post so anyone viewing doesn't get confused. Don't be a scrub like me kids.

Thank you very much, I'm going to have fun playing around with them.

Momoro

I'm gonna put some dirt in your eye..
    Years
  • Funny, why is the "box" (the "box" that surrounds the HP bar) referred to as "Safari Zone" when I load the bookmarks into NSE? Seems a bit strange to me 😅

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2024
    Because that one is for the Safari Zone. It's completely separate from the regular one since it has to accommodate the different options

Back